Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
I do not see the pics either . Guys please fix your links or read the post in this thread to help with the issue. I really want to see these vapes.
If you really want to see the pics, press the reply button in the post the missing/broken pic is in and it will put it in your posting area as a quote and you can see the pic. Or quote it, then insert the quote,, then you will see the pic, in both the posting area and also up above. Like it unlocks it.
I did that to @Bob Aunum and I can see his pic and stubby stem with an Arizer mp jammed into it below, and in the thread.

Here's my Splinter on a 22mm heat sink, on an istick Pico 75w.I75w The stem is a GonG adapter with a delrin (I think) mouthpiece jammed in one end. Nice and small and works great. Haven't settled on a name yet. Snub-nose?
k6HKoms.jpg

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
Well, I was so pleasantly surprised with my 'Shipped' email. I thought it was just your routine sending as I could have sworn they mentioned shipping happened on Mondays. But nope. That thing had already been accepted and is on it's way to me! Expected delivery Monday. Yea! I love USPS too, their delivery times are pretty spot on, if not early. I sell LEGO from home and they are all I will use. Enough about that, the important thing is my Splinter will be here soon. Cannot wait to put my new star player in!

Last edited:

Shortiture

SO after getting a DNA chip mod, I found my favorite settings so far are at 30w with a 50w preheat. Super smooth hits that dont have to heat up too long. I'm not too educated in tinkering with these things so if anyone has suggestions. Also does resistance lock at a certain ohm matter?

Megaton

SO after getting a DNA chip mod, I found my favorite settings so far are at 30w with a 50w preheat. Super smooth hits that dont have to heat up too long. I'm not too educated in tinkering with these things so if anyone has suggestions. Also does resistance lock at a certain ohm matter?

One of the main features of DNA chips is that you shouldn't have to lock your ohms, unless your resistance is *really* unstable. Just dont put the atty on your box with the heater already warm, as the box will take that as its base resistance and the temp protect wont kick in early enough, so you will overheat.

Justpassedu

Don't feel bad, I bought a Smok X-Priv mod over a month ago still in the box because I don't know how to set wattage or ohms or temp mode.
That is the mod I have been looking at for the splinter. I like that full screen size. I already have a few mods at home but that full screen looked cool.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: BigJr48

BigJr48

That is the mod I have been looking at for the splinter. I like that full screen size. I already have a few mods at home but that full screen looked cool.

That's the reason I bought it, wish I had more knowledge so I can really enjoy the Splinter.

Justpassedu

That's the reason I bought it, wish I had more knowledge so I can really enjoy the Splinter.
I cant help you on that front man as I dont have one but I can see read the manual. That has always helped me figure my mods out. I still dont know how to use a few I have and pull out the manual.

Justpassedu,

HerbieVonVapster

Well, I was so pleasantly surprised with my 'Shipped' email. I thought it was just your routine sending as I could have sworn they mentioned shipping happened on Mondays. But nope. That thing had already been accepted and is on it's way to me! Expected delivery Monday. Yea! I love USPS too, their delivery times are pretty spot on, if not early. I sell LEGO from home and they are all I will use. Enough about that, the important thing is my Splinter will be here soon. Cannot wait to put my new star player in!

I got mine too, figured it ship Monday be the middle to end next week till I received mine. Surprised that it's going be Monday. Looks like it be running off off the $9.95 dna 40 I grabbed off eBay. Kinda been a fun toy play with till my dna250 gets here. The little guy rocks with a thermovape dart. Nice cheap little kit if you have some old thermovape stuff around. Case sucks but heard hana modz was suppose to be good.

Comes with case and 2 retractable usb cable. Going toss a link here for anyone wanting something cheap mess with. The case/cables alone are almost worth the price. It's my new fishing vape. Super small with a dart on it to conceal. Cheap enough if gets wet or damaged who cares.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hana-Modz-...963007?hash=item1a3a38fcff:g:sPcAAOSw7ApZ1ny~

HerbieVonVapster,

sativa2liter

lost in orbit
Although I’m on the waitlist, I’m not a very patient person and tried to order a splinter today w/ the waitlist code. It said they were in stock but for some reason wouldn’t let me complete the purchase. I don’t think my card is the problem, are they just out of stock?

sativa2liter,

Baked-not-fried

riding the Cannabreak train...
@Summer Just curious if you had ever contacted them? I forgot to use my code and tried to contact them twice about maybe getting a refund for the 25% or even a gift certificate for future purchases. I know it's only $35 but that's a decent chunk of change for me. Just wondered if I should just drop it and learn my lesson. In other words , don't be high when ordering vape goodies...:oThat could be a challenge.

sativa2liter

lost in orbit
@Summer I got it to work. The only thing I did differently was that I didn’t leave an order comment (was asking for a free heatsink :lol:) hopefully my rx200s will be here soon so I can set up some firmware!

sativa2liter

lost in orbit
@Summer well I guess I can’t be 100% sure, but I did enter in my information four or five times with a comment in the box, I can’t remember exactly what the error was besides it saying “gateway error” but it worked the first try without me putting a comment in the box so that’s what it appears like to me.

scion34

Splinter just arrived a few days early! I wasn’t prepared and now rushing out to pick up a Wismec Gen 3, however the Splinter arrived with no instructions to speak of, unlike the Milaana.. what wattages has everyone been running?

scion34,

almost there

Splinter just arrived a few days early! I wasn’t prepared and now rushing out to pick up a Wismec Gen 3, however the Splinter arrived with no instructions to speak of, unlike the Milaana.. what wattages has everyone been running?
I preheat for a few seconds on 31w and take one draw. After that I ride it at 28-29W, finish at 31W. Through water I’m steady at 35-37W

HerbieVonVapster

Think most starting low wattage I would start at 20-30 watts. Thank you I just checked and mines here! Last I check it was suppose to be Monday. Mod new batteries here Monday so going try on dna 40 till then. Will post some thoughts later.

Last edited:

scion34

I'm thoroughly impressed after 6 bowls thus far. The fit, finish and performance on the Splinter are all excellent! 32w power mode with my unit produces thick clouds on par with my Milaana, have yet to scorch any loads. Loving the increased draw resistance. My only complaint so far is that I did have some funky robot fart/burning wood smells and tastes on the first few bowls but it all seems to have worked itself out, the last few tasted great! I do wish Ryan kept the rounded base aesthetic's wise.

Here's a pic next to his big brother, the way the Splinter almost perfectly matches the curves on the wismec is oddly satisfying:

2psJ8qR.jpg

HerbieVonVapster

I'm thoroughly impressed after 6 bowls thus far. The fit, finish and performance on the Splinter are all excellent! 32w power mode with my unit produces thick clouds on par with my Milaana, have yet to scorch any loads. Loving the increased draw resistance. My only complaint so far is that I did have some funky robot fart/burning wood smells and tastes on the first few bowls but it all seems to have worked itself out, the last few tasted great! I do wish Ryan kept the rounded base aesthetic's wise.

Yep mine had that taste the first couple bowls. Since cleared up so no biggie. Doing a burnoff might not been a bad ideal? Running between 28-31 watts. Getting more bowls than the milaana per battery. My wood seems to be walnut nothing fancy in the wood grain. It did really shine up nice once I used a little wood polish on it. Fit and finish is excellent on it. Smaller than I was expecting. It even survived a 3 foot drop with the glass stem installed on carpet. Yeah that would have really sucked.

Normally use wooden stems on the milaana's. Currently with splinter using a amber glass stem. Might shorten one of my wooden stem for this. Will try get some pictures up once I get my new box mod.

almost there

I’ve been seeing the resistance jump around a lot on my therion. It can be anywhere from .34 to .44, anyone else observe such? The splinter has never been detached from the mod since I got the mod, the screw was not very tight on the splinter’s 510 so I gave it a quarter turn tonight, didn’t want to do anymore in case I break something. Any info is appreciated

almost there,

sixstringsmash

I’ve been seeing the resistance jump around a lot on my therion. It can be anywhere from .34 to .44, anyone else observe such? The splinter has never been detached from the mod since I got the mod, the screw was not very tight on the splinter’s 510 so I gave it a quarter turn tonight, didn’t want to do anymore in case I break something. Any info is appreciated

That's normal. The splinter heater uses a SS mesh I believe. The resistance of SS gets higher when it gets warmer, so the resistance going up just means the mesh is heating up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom