Discontinued The Splinter by RBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
It does look very nice. The idea of a wood covered mod never occurred to me, and the more natural look is attractive. Having never used one of these, is the 8 second shutdown unusual? 8 sec on startup wouldn't bother me, but on shutdown it might be annoying.

Added: Mods have discouraged ecig related threads in the past, but now that a vape is designed to use them specifically (were there others?) I would think that prohibition might be dropped. If we can keep the discussion there targeted at its use with Splinter (or whatever else comes along) it would be more likely to survive.

Last edited:
cybrguy,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Shows how well I've been paying attention. When I have vapes I really like, watching up and coming is less entertaining...

I don't think I've even HEARD of cf BULLI

SpudBob

Looks like Zion Production is winding down! Bring on the Splinter!!! Any chance well have it before the end of the year Ryan???

hippogriff

Looks like Zion Production is winding down! Bring on the Splinter!!! Any chance well have it before the end of the year Ryan???
Bottom line is nobody knows, but the rastabuddhatao instagram page is very active and will give you a good idea what's currently being worked on. Right now, it's a lot of raw Zions in production and a lot of gorgeous, exotic-wood Milaanas. Last Splinter-related post was Oct 21st, and Oct 8th before that with empty wood blanks for the beta (alpha?) run.

Zion passengers have been waiting a good long time, they should be the priority, until instagram only shows finished Zions, I'm not expecting any Splinter news.

Cl4ud3

Well Ryan DOES have a posting with "Last Zion" on it so, maybe it will be sooner than later. I have a Milaana so I will be O.K. till then. Just excited to try the Splinter. Allready have a mod for it ready!
I think last Zion was last body maybe, the brains have to go in now on the last lot I think. I don't have any more information than anyone here though.

Cl4ud3,
Reactions: vapen00b

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Ryan is working the last of the Zion. Business has been picking up (I think I speak for him in saying thanks for the support and sticking with it). Next up is Splinter, hammering out some more Milaana (since it's selling much better now and he needs to pay the bills) and the introduction of Milaana 2.

He has some help lined up for Splinter (still American made if you were wondering) so hopefully that translate to getting them out sooner rather than later. Milaana owners are going to love regulated vapor. :tup:

Smoke1ForMe

Ryan is working the last of the Zion. Business has been picking up (I think I speak for him in saying thanks for the support and sticking with it). Next up is Splinter, hammering out some more Milaana (since it's selling much better now and he needs to pay the bills) and the introduction of Milaana 2.

He has some help lined up for Splinter (still American made if you were wondering) so hopefully that translate to getting them out sooner rather than later. Milaana owners are going to love regulated vapor. :tup:

Damn I thought a splinter would kill my VAS, but looks like Milaana 2 will bring it back. Can’t wait to see what RBT comes up with!

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Oh id say addiction ,not affliction, at this juncture! He can't help himself and neither can you!
Resistance is futile.

Milaana 2? How I don't know about this?

I need to know more!
I speak to Ryan on a pretty regular basis. . .

As for knowing more you'll have to wait but I'm pretty sure he is doing away with standard Maple wood. He just picked up some exotic blanks and he has refined his woodworking skills since the early RBT days. We both agree that a vape with this level of performance should look as good as it works.

I'll talk a little more about the Milaana 2 in another thread when the time is right. This is the Splinter thread.

viciouselbow

I'm sorry for my ineptitude, but will I have to purchase more parts in order to start vaping or would I be able to start vaping right away out of the box if I were to purchase the $119 Splinter from RBT?

viciouselbow,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom