The Screwball by Vapvana

Raskolnikov

Check out saml’s new eBay store. Running a 5 dollar off coupon and shipping took two weeks for me here in Virginia. There is a thread under the glass section with recommendations. I ordered one of the older models and it is very high quality. I’ll definitely be ordering another piece or two.
I've already ordered a FC 199 from Sam L glass. I really like that piece. Probably going to pick up another piece on Monday as I loaned an 18mm for the UFC this weekend and I'll need to give it back.

Been looking at this.

I've gave him my Yocan Torch so he can use other rigs while I have his. Never actually realised I don't own any 18mm.
Should probably buy some 14 to 18 adaptors

olivianewtonjohn

Check out saml’s new eBay store. Running a 5 dollar off coupon and shipping took two weeks for me here in Virginia. There is a thread under the glass section with recommendations. I ordered one of the older models and it is very high quality. I’ll definitely be ordering another piece or two.
I dont see the coupon. Happen to have it handy?

olivianewtonjohn,

Pcloudy

I dont see the coupon. Happen to have it handy?
I don’t see it popping up anymore so it may have just expired. It was one of those 5$ off that pops up right on the item. It was just there earlier this week so I’m guessing it’s done. Bummer as I was thinking about ordering another piece. I think they are priced pretty well as is though.

ubardog

My Adopters kit that I won from @Vapvana arrived on the 10thAug but I been so busy I have not managed to post up . So here we go , 1st off Thank you Cal your a legend . This Vape has blow me away several times and wowed every one that's tried it . Its a real big hitter and the vapor quality is amazing.

With a full bowl I like to start on 420f and puff away then finishing off at 460f for the sesh. The way I been hitting recently is with a screen domed inside the bowl with another screen flat on top this allows for a single scoop to fill the bowl . I set PID to 460f let it pre heat for less than 5 mins. Then I sit the defuser on the bowl for 10-15s pre soak and get 2 milky hits and a finisher .

The Defuser , Bowl and scoop are immaculately tooled . Scoop is just perfect ! The brush is dusty and going bald but is more that usable after some flicking out

The bowl size is too big for me and I personally think it should come with a 2nd or even 3rd grove for the screens to catch on to, giving you different load size options or Ti rings of different depths to place under the screens to raise them.

The coil handle could do with a little improvement, maybe a tighter heat shrink over it but its safe and functional and that's the main thing . You can always invest in after market options if you are after something more heady.

The bowl gets stuck in the ground joint which annoyed me at 1st but I take it out when cool to load it. When hot just take out the whole pass through adapter/bowl as one to dump the AVB.

The stand while perfectly functional I think it could be better , My gripe is the head can rest on the metal and exchanges heat unnecessarily . Maybe something raised at the back of stand for handle to rest on or even a longer handle should sort it.

Over all an outstanding vape!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
When will these be released for retail? I'm looking forward to the two new vapes coming in the market right now and I can't decide which to buy. But this one is a THIRD the price of the other options sooooooo... any thoughts?

As a side note, where can someone get some of these gems for my ball vapes?

Last edited:
Zuhdj,
Reactions: Vapvana

Pcloudy

When will these be released for retail? I'm looking forward to the two new vapes coming in the market right now and I can't decide which to buy. But this one is a THIRD the price of the other options sooooooo... any thoughts?

What costs 900$?

Pcloudy,

2pumpchump

My Adopters kit that I won from @Vapvana arrived on the 10thAug but I been so busy I have not managed to post up . So here we go , 1st off Thank you Cal your a legend . This Vape has blow me away several times and wowed every one that's tried it . Its a real big hitter and the vapor quality is amazing.

With a full bowl I like to start on 420f and puff away then finishing off at 460f for the sesh. The way I been hitting recently is with a screen domed inside the bowl with another screen flat on top this allows for a single scoop to fill the bowl . I set PID to 460f let it pre heat for less than 5 mins. Then I sit the defuser on the bowl for 10-15s pre soak and get 2 milky hits and a finisher .

The Defuser , Bowl and scoop are immaculately tooled . Scoop is just perfect ! The brush is dusty and going bald but is more that usable after some flicking out

The bowl size is too big for me and I personally think it should come with a 2nd or even 3rd grove for the screens to catch on to, giving you different load size options or Ti rings of different depths to place under the screens to raise them.

The coil handle could do with a little improvement, maybe a tighter heat shrink over it but its safe and functional and that's the main thing . You can always invest in after market options if you are after something more heady.

The bowl gets stuck in the ground joint which annoyed me at 1st but I take it out when cool to load it. When hot just take out the whole pass through adapter/bowl as one to dump the AVB.

The stand while perfectly functional I think it could be better , My gripe is the head can rest on the metal and exchanges heat unnecessarily . Maybe something raised at the back of stand for handle to rest on or even a longer handle should sort it.

Over all an outstanding vape!
This is great news.. I say this because last time I spoke with Cal about retail day the only info I can give as this minute ... is that he wanted all early adopters to get their kit and have a chance to use it for a few weeks and their input b4 retail.. the handle is going to be tighten up on retail kits! I hear roomer the bowl will get some revamping I like the full bowl size but som of my friends can't take a full bowl so I like 3 grove Ida .. not having a pass through been using 18mm to 14mm back to 18mm ..but on a WP that was 1 of my favorite needs replaced or repaired so not care if it gets damaged been put it in raw and love the flow .. stand could use work. I'll take a picture of mine it solved your and my complaints.
Back to retail cal also said there was another contest happening first as well as contest winners receive their prize b4 retail @80Sixed have you got intuch with Cal

Raskolnikov

This is great news.. I say this because last time I spoke with Cal about retail day the only info I can give as this minute ... is that he wanted all early adopters to get their kit and have a chance to use it for a few weeks and their input b4 retail.. the handle is going to be tighten up on retail kits! I hear roomer the bowl will get some revamping I like the full bowl size but som of my friends can't take a full bowl so I like 3 grove Ida .. not having a pass through been using 18mm to 14mm back to 18mm ..but on a WP that was 1 of my favorite needs replaced or repaired so not care if it gets damaged been put it in raw and love the flow .. stand could use work. I'll take a picture of mine it solved your and my complaints.
Back to retail cal also said there was another contest happening first as well as contest winners receive their prize b4 retail @80Sixed have you got intuch with Cal
There is a contest on site for opening day. Another give away I think.
I love the bowl size. Not too fond of the stand but probably made that way to keep prices down. If I hadnt seen other versions I prefer it would not bother me as much. Decent looking one on DHgate. I like to personalise my stuff anyway so its all good.
For the money I paid it is an excellent deal imo. Everyone who has used mine wants one.
Dont know when retail is coming around but I still never received my prize.

Love the J hook. Got to try that.

Raskolnikov,

80Sixed

Just on here, no response

80Sixed,

ubardog

Really loving how the thin bowl leads to a decent amount of conduction after a very short pre heat 5-15s . At lower temps after a couple of rips you actually get a green circle on the center of the bowl and a browning ring on the outer edge. Rather than a brown center and a green circle at the edges . I run at 460f with a raised screen so it can be fill with one scoop and you can make every speck in the bowl nice coffee brown in a couple of tasty lung fulls, when the bowl is given time to heat . Since raising the screen I have not picked up another device while in the house

Vapvana

Manufacturer
Hey y'all!

Thanks for your patience with this reply :bowdown: the last couple of weeks I've been recovering from a stomach bug & being burnt out from the early adopters launch :doh:

This post I'll be responding to some of the previous messages, and the next post will focus on the next update for the Screwball.

I have received mine (briefcase+kit) and I have been playing around with it. I will share some more thoughts on it as my head clears, but inspired by Cal's temp-stepping method for microdosers I have found that the Screwball works really well at very low temps. ; )
I never made an announcement about this, but the briefcase prize was a 'secret prize' and included an early adopters kit that @coolbreeze ended up being surprised with :freak:

@Vapvana any idea when youll offer another early adopter bundle before launch? JC thanks.
The early adopters kits will only happen once with each product we release, and in the future may not be open to the public.

More info about the kits will be on the next post :tup:

E mail him Zow. I've had quicker responses from e mail.

Has everyone received their prize from the naming comp? I'm beginning to think some thieving postal worker has my Dyna tip and stem. They were sent separately and the Screwball only took 7 days.
Moving forward, until I get myself more organized, the best way to contact me is on my work email

I thought I made an announcement, but all international prizes were not shipped with the kits to avoid any issues getting thru customs. The plan is to ship out prizes with the replacement parts, after the changes are implemented.

If you'd like the prize sooner please send me an email to discuss possible solutions

I never received my prize or communication to arrange shipping, but also interested in the new drop price he was talking about!
I apologize I haven't reached out yet - I'm working on getting caught up on all my inboxes / unread messages this week.

If you haven't heard back from me yet it is unintentional, and I'm trying to get all the remaining prizes and 2nd quality scoops sent out ASAP.

I'm falling more and more in love with the screwball every hit.
The taste is amazing. The difference in the taste of different strains is quite remarkable. I don't have another ball vape but it's certainly way better than TM2 for clouds and flavour.
IMO the biggest factor on flavor is the temp.... try setting the PID at 420f-460f for great flavor and balanced clouds

The goal is to do one round of changes to improve some of the accessories, then move into production and prepare for our 'grand opening'

If all goes well, I'd like to open up a presale in September with plans to ship out units 4-6 weeks after the presale is complete. More info on all this in the next post :rockon:

There is a contest on site for opening day. Another give away I think.
That's right! If you enter your name + email you could win a screwball starter kit.

Click here to enter

The winner will be announced after we have the next round of kits in.

Modnote: Edited to comply with forum etiquette

Last edited by a moderator:

2pumpchump

combustion is probably happening since the screwball has a bigger heater and takes less power overall to run due to the lower mass.
You are absolutely correct I combusted at 650 Degrees Fahrenheit lol 😂 non twaxing either but run at 440 most of the time unless I'm slamming a hit then 500 edit I have to look at what video I finely got to post on hear and at that temp I could have let that .....shit I didn't post the avb picture sorry! But no matter how much more I would have drawn on it or let the heater set their would be no more than a dark rost

Last edited:
2pumpchump,

2pumpchump

So they have been working on internet lines around here my apologies for the cliff hanging post but streamable.com out of 10 tryouts I have only been able to get 1 video for you guys and it was by far not my best ! Any suggestions for a new platform to link ????????

Darth Gram Gram

So they have been working on internet lines around here my apologies for the cliff hanging post but streamable.com out of 10 tryouts I have only been able to get 1 video for you guys and it was by far not my best ! Any suggestions for a new platform to link ????????
You could try Vimeo. They seem to do decently with lower bandwidths.

2pumpchump

You could try Vimeo. They seem to do decently with lower bandwidths.
Thanks might have to try it later right now I might have a line out out for 15 minutes or they should getting past my place shortly .

Has all the early adopters from the #FC Recieved the screwball early adopters version? @Raskolnikov @ubardog I see you got ⚾ as well wonder who all did ?

Raskolnikov

Cal said the other day that coolbreeze got one with his case. Ive not seen anyone say they have not received theirs.

Still loving my screwball. The Gauze pops out the bowl regularly but its a minor inconvenience. Settled on 455 with the yellow zushi im vaping at the moment. Different strains seem to like going up or down a few degrees.

Screwball owners- Do you use one scoop or two? Occasionally use 2 and the screwball still blasts through it. Ive tried getting as much as i possibly can in the bowl, managed between 2 and 3 scoops and still the screwball says meh. It will blast through any amount with ease.

Im needing to find a more coarse grinder as mine pulverizes the herb to dust. Chopping up the herb with scissors has had good results.

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Still loving my screwball. The Gauze pops out the bowl regularly but its a minor inconvenience. Settled on 455 with the yellow zushi im vaping at the moment. Different strains seem to like going up or down a few degrees.
Yeah, gauze can be a bit annoying. Ive settled at 460. I boost to 470 to get messy.
Screwball owners- Do you use one scoop or two? Occasionally use 2 and the screwball still blasts through it. Ive tried getting as much as i possibly can in the bowl, managed between 2 and 3 scoops and still the screwball says meh. It will blast through any amount with ease.
As you say, seems to handle large or small bowls. I tend to use one scoop on the whole.
Im needing to find a more coarse grinder as mine pulverizes the herb to dust. Chopping up the herb with scissors has had good results.
Look at the BCG. I'm using their medium generally but have the additional grinding discs if I fancy a change. Look on the relevant thread for news of factory seconds. I have 2 and can't tell the difference.

I'm really enjoying the SB, much more than I thought I would. Admittedly still in honeymoon but I'm reaching for the SB over the b1 every time. Cal has really improved the ball/gem vape space with his bowl diffuser combo with its tighter tolerances. I didn't think it would make such a difference.

Top Bottom