The Screwball by Vapvana

gmocooties

My Screwball has arrived.

Burn off complete. I followed the quick start guide and used 260C as a starting point.

I found the vapor harsh at that temp.

Any suggestions? Tips?
I get decent vapour with the PID set as low as 190C, and generally won't go higher than 230C or so.

If I'm looking for bigger clouds, I'll typically heatsoak the bowl (to the extent that this is possible) by leaving the heater on top for a couple of minutes before loading any flower. I find this preserves the flavour a little better than doing a heatsoak after filling the bowl.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about getting bits and pieces like that through. I'd argue that vapes requiring an external heat source (butane TEDs, ball vape heaters) aren't captured by this legislation anyway, if you look into their definition of a vaporizer. But I understand why people would be hesitant.

A full kit ball vape kit is a slightly different story, admittedly, but it's such an odd looking piece of equipment that people wouldn't even know what they're looking at anyway lol. Could even ask to have it shipped disassembled to cover yourself a little more?

Still loving my Screwball too! Recently got a friend of mine onto the SB too. Pretty much everyone I've shown it to has been floored the thing!
recently got a full kit, was even written on the side exactly what it was, customs let it through, I think its very specific things they are looking for at the moment, but give it time, so far Ive had a screwball heater, thermal accumulators, and parts like a lot of parts... It's more specific things I think they are stopping and mainly juices & related devices

I get decent vapour with the PID set as low as 190C, and generally won't go higher than 230C or so.
I have mine set to 255c (490f) as I am trying for really stoney hits and I find anything lower doens't hit the mark.

I had to look up the conversion as I use all my vapes in F even though I am an Aussie and we do C its just easier as so many devices have it set as the default and lots of the documents and research is in F ah well...

I am really looking forward to the microdose bowl first run, really hoping to get my hands on one of them :)

AndyO

After tinkering with temps between 450F-485F (232C-252C), I found 465F (241C) to be a very good sweet spot for taste and extraction. I think it's important to mention I'm using the half bowl configuration.

With that being said, everyone's got their own preference. Do some testing at different temps until you find something that works for you. From what I've seen from others, lower temps are good for this device.

It's funny, I usually go for a high temperature stony effect on most of my devices, but with the Screwball I haven't gone above 440F yet (I've only had it a week). I think any hotter than that and I'd end up coughing for an hour.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It's funny, I usually go for a high temperature stony effect on most of my devices, but with the Screwball I haven't gone above 440F yet (I've only had it a week). I think any hotter than that and I'd end up coughing for an hour.
I usually use the full bowl but 1/2 filled so I need the extra heat

AndyO

How do people go about cleaning the bowl? Is the screen easy enough to pop out? I haven't had to do it yet.

I feel like the reclaim goop that collects on the bottom of these titanium bowls will be amazing for stem milk.

AndyO,

sickmanfraud

I am expecting my DeFreze Screwball bowls. Regular and microdose.

Any suggestions for how much should I increase or decrease my Screwball temperature with a wooden bowl?

sickmanfraud,

gmocooties

recently got a full kit, was even written on the side exactly what it was, customs let it through, I think its very specific things they are looking for at the moment, but give it time, so far Ive had a screwball heater, thermal accumulators, and parts like a lot of parts... It's more specific things I think they are stopping and mainly juices & related devices

Good to hear - I've got a Convector XL on the way, and I would be very surprised if customs had the slightest clue as to what it was lol. I think you're right that they're moreso on the hunt for nic vapes (and larger shipments at that) as opposed to the odd dry herb vape - especially 'unusual' ones like a ball vape or dynavap-esque TED.

And yeah the micro dose bowl looks sick! I occasionally use the screwball with a glass bowl that almost fits the heater perfectly (but has a bit of a wobble) and the flavour's great. Something that was actually designed to fit will be so much better.

Last edited:
gmocooties,
Top Bottom