The Plug-In Supreme Vaporizer

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
But it isn't. Just 50 bucks.

I don't understand Ed's construction on the S4. The S3 is ugly but it has a stand at least. How to handle this fucking hot alu heating element w/o any stand?
And a permanent connection of coil and heating element just by hammering? How does this piece look after exchanging the coil if nesseccary? Ugliness without limits?

And wiring of the coil isn't a standard d-nail one?

I'm pretty sure the mod of @JCat is waaaaaay more interesting for many reasons - My VAS for the S4 has gone.
May be the S4 is working better than the S3, but I don't know why it should and don't believe so atm.

Last edited:

HindelangGG

that is pretty reasonable
and yeah i am on the same page as you becouse if the coil isnt really user replacable you aint have it for ever like a sv3 with jcats mod. and the missing stand is a big problem too

Hogni

...and you can use the S3 w/ the JCat mod as a regular portable by screwing off the bolts within a minute. I love versatility. But also think the prototype can need some improvements as @JCat said himself. So it needs some sunken screws, maybe with ss torx bolts.

EDIT: What's about an insulator for the mod like Thermalate H 330 or FR 4 Epoxy sheet, maybe covered with some leather for optics and as secondary insulation and don't forget a - even - better thermal absorption and better heatup time?

Last edited:
Hogni,
Reactions: JCat

biohacker

Had to crank SV4 PID to 590 to see 185 at the sv4. Had to use my temp gun and started st ed’s recommended 425, 455, 470, 490, 520, 550, and then 590.

Thanks for reporting back! I find this interesting since Ed said Maximum coil temperature is 490f. Your temps are aligning with what many use on the PID for the FP (on the lower side).

The debowling pike delivers a stable stand for the Supreme w/o herb chamber. Other holes and stands of this piece are useful as well.

What a great idea getting two birds stoned at once! A great reason to pick up a second debowler spike from NV!

The S3 is ugly but it has a stand at least. How to handle this fucking hot alu heating element w/o any stand?

It's a simple 18mm male joint. The FP doesn't "automatically" come with a stand. Use your imagination, use an 18mm female water tool, or take a look at my suggestion a page back. I also feel the SV3 is BEAUTIFUL! As is the SV4!

And a permanent connection of coil and heating element just by hammering? How does this piece look after exchanging the coil if nesseccary? Ugliness without limits?

You're tossing out a lot of assumptions here.... why not just ASK Ed? He said it was a ONE-WAY ticket hammering, so perhaps Ed will replace and fix up so it doesn't look like a dog's breakfast?

And wiring of the coil isn't a standard d-nail one?

It isn't?

May be the S4 is working better than the S3, but I don't know why it should and don't believe so atm.

Because Ed said so? And he's the genius inventor? :shrug:

HindelangGG

I am not sure if you would need torx becouse it dont needs to withstand much force... Normal screws would be enough becouse everyone has the tools at home

HindelangGG,

Hogni

We'll see. The only difference I can recognize are measures of the bowl.

EDIT: Anyway so long it's a flathead but torx and allens, and even phillips are better to screw with less danger of damaging the screw head.

Hogni,

biohacker

I'm starting to realize that the SV4 should have a stand and thermometer like the SV3. After watching @JCat second video of his electric sv3 mod I do agree that it's much more versatile. I'm actually surprised how things panned out considering how quickly @JCat manufactured the kit... @JCat definitely deserves genius status here IMO!

Oh....aaaaand..... OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!! :rockon:

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
I've never used a Supreme but the "bowl" seems awfully quirky to load compared to other products in this category? Am I just oblivious?

...i thought the bowls were extremely hard to load when i first got my sv3.. but i was using ground material...

...toss in chunks of bud and its a game changer, better hits (IMO) and an extremely easy loaded bowl...

Dubmonkey

Went to 630 on the PID last night which on my temp gun was about 202-205 at the SV4 body. Got more milky and more vapor. Less drags than at 590 say two drags and done. Compared to the three to four at 590. Meaning where I still experience flavor and not wispy / wheaty taste which for me equates to done.

Last night seshs was way more enjoyable than my first three to four attempts on day 1.

Couple observations-

*a stand is necessary or a mason jar to put it in while it is heating up. The sv4 body gets hot like very hot.
*removing the bowl is difficult while the sv4 is still getting heat or removing the sv4 out of the 18mm glass joint. Especially when you having to use the coil arm / wire as a handle. I am worried about the torque being exerted when holding the coil arm. I am going to say Jcat plates look like a stronger option.

Actually thinking a sv3 with Jcat plates seems to be the best option:
-you can use your own coil thus use a PID you are comfortable with
-comes with a stand
-comes with a thermometer
-plates look to provide more solid mounting for the coil and allow for replaceable coils

Not a fan of the bowl and the process for loading up the bowl. Feels like I am rolling a J. Very ritualistic but not so much when you are trying to reload the bowl after it just came out of the heated sv4.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
Not a fan of the bowl and the process for loading up the bowl. Feels like I am rolling a J. Very ritualistic but not so much when you are trying to reload the bowl after it just came out of the heated sv4.

...did you get more than one bowl? dont have a 4 YET, but with the sv3 2 bowls is pretty much needed if doing back to back bowls IMO.. unless you enjoy a break between hits :D

EDIT: ...PS, do you use chunks or ground material? (only chunks in my supreme)

szai

The wiring of The coil isn't standard but I think they are replaceable. You can get it without the flat 10mm coil and add your own coil. All you need to do is hammer the thing tight. I think you can open with a pair of pliers like that other dude did with the heater core.

HindelangGG

yeah for sure this would be possible but as i understand the others its not the most consitent way of replacing the coil.

HindelangGG,

Hogni

Can't be the right way to buy a device for $300 and have to rewire the connector??

But I'm interested in the new Supreme controller. Some time ago @biohacker told something about any technical imporvements?

szai

Can't be the right way to buy a device for $300 and have to rewire the connector??

But I'm interested in the new Supreme controller. Some time ago @biohacker told something about any technical imporvements?
One of the major ones is that the handle doesn't get hot. I think that's what required the rewiring?

lazylathe

Almost there...
@Hogni

I would agree with your statement if there was a worldwide standard attached to XLR connector wiring.
Unfortunately this does not exist and a lot of coils are not interchangeable.

I have also found the controller and i am not too enthused about it...
Look up the Green Light Vapes Tick and you will see the controller.
MADE in China.

Edit:@biohacker provided the link!

ew91

@Dubmonkey do you think a larger coil in the SV4 would work better? After re-reading all the posts and Ed's emails, I realized Ed is using a 10mm coil. Wouldn't a 'standard' 28mm OD flat coil (ie. Auber, D-nail) be better for heat regulation?

I emailed Ed last night to change to the SV4 plain if a 28mm OD coil will fit the SV4 plain opening. Or should i just stick with Ed's set up?

ew91,

ew91

He specifically said it works with any 10mm coil.

A 10mm OD coil is tiny! That's the ID of a D-Nail/Auber flat coil. If the SV4 only takes a 10mm OD coil, then i'm out. The temp difference of ~400 degree difference @Dubmonkey is seeing between the PID and the SV4 body is pretty striking, IMO. I understand a temp gun isn't completely accurate, but the temp difference does concern me.

ew91

Went to 630 on the PID last night which on my temp gun was about 202-205 at the SV4 body. Got more milky and more vapor. Less drags than at 590 say two drags and done. Compared to the three to four at 590. Meaning where I still experience flavor and not wispy / wheaty taste which for me equates to done.

This is what I was referring to. I'll check the SV3 page to see what JCat is seeing with his mod. @biohacker not trying to dis on Ed's SV4, maybe Ed's 10mm coil is the goods and i'm tripping over nothing! I'm still getting one, with Ed's coil or the plain SV4! Just want the best for my $. :peace:

Top Bottom