Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Okay heres my attempt at an answer for you.

First, not sure if your friend already made the purchase...if so hes probably stuck with the 7.4V white rod. The 3.7V blue rod is the other option, but as of a few weeks ago it wasnt available for purchase by itself, yet....you could still order it and get it with the herc but it wasnt available as a seperate option, which it maybe now or in the near future (probably when the black rod is finally released) but im just assuming...

Anyway, back on topic...
With the 7.4V white rod, you most likely are gonna need at least some oil in it otherwise youll most likely scorch the herbs. And yes you use a screen. What you do is load the coil with oil, buffer first (.2-0.5 depending on coil size) then add the oil you want to vaporize (another 0.2-0.5) once its melted into the coil, you place a screen on top and then add the herbs. Youll need to cut the coil at least in half in order to be able to have enough space for the herbs.

That method works great, but again you really need oil, i have not tried it without oil but without the coil and just herbs it will definitely burn. And im assuming the same would happen with a dry coil and herbs on top...again ive only used it with oil/herbs or just oil so i cant say for sure...

Th blue rod works without the coil. You basically just throw your herbs in there around and covering the rod without a coil and no screen is needed. Personally, ive only tried it a handful of times and i got mixed results. Vitolo has a video which was posted a few pages back so its definitely possible to get clouds. Which i hve gotten just not consistantly. And it also took me a good few minutes of just heating/pressingt he button in order to get those similar results...You can also throw in a little oil mixed in (still without the coil) and it works great.

The recommended procedure for the blue rod is to preheat it for at least 30 seconds and then feather/pulse the button to get the desired results. There is a shaking method (shake in between hits) which i havent tried but will try again and see if that works any better.

But so far the best ive gotten out of the blue rod is 2 good hits per load then whispy vapor or nothing. And those 2 good hits took a lot of work and patience to produce

Im gonna clean out my herc and switch back to the blue rod and give it another go this weekend but im currently out of ISO...ill report back with how the blue rod/just herbs works for me now that i have a better understanding

Thanks for the detailed response! I actually have an unused blue rod that I intend to give him because I have no use for it (I only use concentrates). I use the white rod and am excited for the upcoming black rod. Thanks again! :science: (that's my emoticon for "cheers" since I don't drink).

thevaf

The wick is ceramic.

No this technology we have had for over 2 years. Just really wanted to walk away from wire tech. That is why i never put it out, but our board wants to go ahead and compete with all of these new companies.

What is the coil made of? titanium?

thevaf,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I can see why you are not fond of it, same stuff use in ecigs

Its the wire part that i hate not the type.

Think of it this way.

Hercules Black rod better then any wire vaporizer. In all the tests we did and taste tests 90% of the people that tested it love the taste of the Herc over anything else, and that last 10% just say they see no difference.

But in reality my partners dont like the idea of having ultra high end Carts while we neglect the low and mid range ones.

In other words we are going to do it better and cheaper.

asimplebeast

Any advice on curbing leaks? I've been storing and hitting the device on it's side as much as possible and I hadn't had a leak for a week or so, but again I seem to be getting some oil leaking into the bottom. It seems to be leaking around the ceramic bit and not through the air holes, is this an assembly problem? Thanks, love the SR-71 otherwise.

asimplebeast,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Any advice on curbing leaks? I've been storing and hitting the device on it's side as much as possible and I hadn't had a leak for a week or so, but again I seem to be getting some oil leaking into the bottom. It seems to be leaking around the ceramic bit and not through the air holes, is this an assembly problem? Thanks, love the SR-71 otherwise.
try tightening the nut at the base of the rod after hitting it lightly w/ a heat source, then cranking it down

asimplebeast

try tightening the nut at the base of the rod after hitting it lightly w/ a heat source, then cranking it down
So I hit the rod with the torch for a few seconds, assemble while it's still hot and then give the nut a good tightening? Do you recommend pliers or a wrench to tighten the bolt or should I be able to get it sealed with hand strength alone?

asimplebeast,

asimplebeast

Thanks guys, one more question. Aside from the rod, are there any SR-71 pieces I don't want to soak in 99%?

asimplebeast,

Caligula

Maximus
IIRC he said to just burn stuff off by running the rod dry until it glows red. The issue is that I had some black residue from some hash on there that wouldn't burn off. Ended up doing an iso soak. Didn't hurt anything, and I don't see how it could since ceramic and tungsten don't react with alcohol.

Last edited:

thevaf

Its the wire part that i hate not the type.

Think of it this way.

Hercules Black rod better then any wire vaporizer. In all the tests we did and taste tests 90% of the people that tested it love the taste of the Herc over anything else, and that last 10% just say they see no difference.

But in reality my partners dont like the idea of having ultra high end Carts while we neglect the low and mid range ones.

In other words we are going to do it better and cheaper.

It would be cool if you could convince them to go with a Titanium wire instead of Nichrome. That would differentiate the product with a slight competitive advantage in the low-end market that consists of the same old. The ceramic rod is a huge leap ahead of 'glass rods' aka silica wick. (Sorry, had to do it, I loved the 'glass rod' debacle). HOwever, I like calling it Unobtanium like Caligula suggested, way cooler, like temperature CONTROL vs temperature ADJUSTMENT.

Hey I understand its still a business and you got to grab as much of that market share. Hell, even Apple took 4 years to release low-end iphone. ....But we all know that low end iphone is there to boost sales of the high-end one.

thevaf,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
It would be cool if you could convince them to go with a Titanium wire instead of Nichrome. That would differentiate the product with a slight competitive advantage in the low-end market that consists of the same old. The ceramic rod is a huge leap ahead of 'glass rods' aka silica wick. (Sorry, had to do it, I loved the 'glass rod' debacle). HOwever, I like calling it Unobtanium like Caligula suggested, way cooler, like temperature CONTROL vs temperature ADJUSTMENT.

Hey I understand its still a business and you got to grab as much of that market share. Hell, even Apple took 4 years to release low-end iphone. ....But we all know that low end iphone is there to boost sales of the high-end one.

You had me until iPhone.

Caligula,
Reactions: alright
Top Bottom