Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

friedbanana8

I pretty much agree with the white rod verses the Cera CO. I think the EO is easier to control the temp since it has more mass, but takes long to heat due to that. SR-71 White rod need good power control to gte the best taste. It can really provide though.

Another point, the SR-71 I think is more discreet in public. Color and control. Also its quicker to get a good hit I think and hidden sooner for me. Trade-offs...

Okay here we go...

Cera LL and EO vs Hercules SR-71 (white, black and blue rods)
General charachteristics pros and cons

• Size/looks:
    • Cera: Assembled, the cera is a little smaller and skinnier, but also a little bit heavier. But feels more solid. Also the body is basically stain/scratch proof which is a huge plus
    • Herc: definitely taller and wider, but also lighter.
    • Winner: its a draw. They are pretty equal in size, the cera is a little bit heavier though. But the hercules is longer and/or carried around as seperate parts (herc and persei)
  • Ease of Use:
    • Cera: more simple and works better with leaf, but its hard to load stable/thicker oils
    • Herc: more complicated, more pieces, requires a specific technique at least for herbs. Melts pretty much any oil ive tried much easier than the cera though.
    • Winner: again kind of a draw. For leaf the cera definitely wins but is hindered by the mouthpiece. I can see the herc winning with the Iris but i havent tried yet so cant say for sure. For oils its a draw. Ther hercules is easier to load oils, but i also feel like im going though oil a lot faster with the herc than the cera
  • Cleaning:
    • Cera: can be isod and boiled, very easy to clean
    • Herc: can be completely taken apart, isod, reclaim everything and much easier to dry and use again
    • Winner: herc-they are both easy to clean, but the hercules is by far the winner. You can reclaim everything, completely break it down, and just simply wipe dry, burn off for about 10 seconds and is useable again. With the cera you have put in an oven at a low temp to dry followed by 20/20/20 burns and even then its still not completely dry
  • Customer service:
    • Cera: fast repair time, but harder to get the process started. At least Fri-Sun which is the two times ive had issues
    • Herc: never had to go through customer service, but who needs to when you have someone like G. Spent almost a full day trying to fix my hercules and eventually exceeded, from across the country
    • Winner: hercules enough said

Now onto leaf:

Cera LL vs Hercules SR 71 (3.7V blue rod): winner= Cera (for now)
I had high hopes for the hercules blue rod, however at the moment it just isnt that great for just herbs. Does work well mixed with oil which is a huge plus over the LL but besides that the Cera LL is easier to use, and produces bigger clouds. Althugh the mouthpiece does get too hot before finishing a load. I think the hercules blue rod might either work just as well or better with the Iris though. We will see....

Now onto oil:

Cera EO vs Hercules SR-71 (7.4V white rod) : winner= draw (slight edge hercules)
Okay so you really cant go wrong either way. The persei and white rod is about the same price as a cera eo/batteries/charger. However, the hercules 7.4 white rod can work with oils, just as easily as the cera and as stated above is much easier to load. Also, you can mix it with herbs which is a huge plus. Taste is compareable with each atleast with a 30% coil herc. The herc probably tastes better with a bigger coil but is also more difficult to use with harder, thicker oils

Cera EO vs Hercules SR-71 (3.7V black rod) : winner= hercules
This is more of an equal grounds here since both EO and black rods are 3.7V and used strictly with oils. But i mean its not even close. The hercules black rod is just so much tastier than anything ive ever used including the cera. And the hits are almost compareable. It doesnt vape everything but you can easily scrape up the leftovers and load it back up...

Overall:
Cant go wrong either way, they are both great vapes and for being so similar they are also so different. The hercules is a little more complicated, but also so much more versatile. For oils Want ridiculously huge hits go with the white rod. Want great hits and incredible taste go with the black rod. Want to use herbs and oils go with the white rod, or possibly the blue rod.

Right now i really like the persei/herc with the black rod so much more than the cera that i just cant seem to find time to use the cera. Although for leaf the cera is a clear winner right now. But that may change whenever the iris is released.

Sorry i got a little lazy half way through and it became a little more generalized. Thats all i can think of for now But If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to ask or pm.

Does the herc 3.7 rods work on 18350 batt in the shorty tube from the SS kit? When i put mine on the shorty its easily concealed in my pocket. I dont have a cera though so i cant compare them in size, but im guessing the cut in the battery size might give the herc the win in size comparison, but this all depends on if the 18350 can be used to power the herc.

Last edited:
friedbanana8,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
If you had your original Hercules replaced with the newer SR-71, you had to order the coils and rods separately. The coils literally give you vapor within seconds but have to be trimmed to different lengths for different oil consistencies. If you like wax, I would recommend trimming a coil down so it's flush with the heating rod (about 40% of an uncut coil) and then enjoy the ride!
Kindbeats what you say makes sense however where can you buy the coils and rods?

ataxian,

friedbanana8

What voltage is the black rod rated for?

its for 3.7v. it was originally the red rod, but now i guess they've decided to go with black instead.

Kindbeats what you say makes sense however where can you buy the coils and rods?
I think they sell them separately from the herc itself over the phone. They're not quite done with their website.

The blue rods are available, but the red rods are being beta tested right now. Everyone you see talking about their experience with the red/black rod is a beta tester. And from what i can tell the testing sounds like its going well, so they'll probably be available soon.
im not sure about the coils but Blazing OG confirmed that the blue rod was available.

I would go ahead and just give them a call. I bet you can talk them into selling you the coils separately, as well.
The herc is made to be able to fully take apart and reclaim your reclaim (pun intended).
If you heated the herc without inhaling it is possible your Essential oils liquefied and leaked into the bottom heat rod chamber. Just remove the oil coil before cleaning unless you want the oil coil clean to(fist time priming of oil coil requires at least a .5 on a full size oil coil).
Then just evap your iso and collect your reclaim.
I do believe the w9tech is still adding things to the new website, but a blue heat rod for herbs @ 3.7v is available & a not yet re-leased red/black rod is a 3.7v also but for Essential oils.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
its for 3.7v. it was originally the red rod, but now i guess they've decided to go with black instead.
I think they sell them separately from the Herc itself over the phone. They're not quite done with their website.

I just had a session with the HERCULES SR71.
WAX and FLOWERS WHITE ROD no COIL no problem!

My OIL SLICK PADS came today.

One of my friends has a machine shop.
I was going to have the original TANKS cut to fit.
How about replacing the foam material with a stainless steel mesh like the COIL?
These TANK'S need a little attention!
Load them with fresh blonde wax.

I will just wait until COILS are available on their web site.
The WHITE ROD is awesome!

Since yesterday I only use the HERCULES SR71!
I almost lied!
The OMICROM I'm medicating with also!
I love wax!

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
LOL I just ordered a pair of those. I don't plan on blasting into them or anything but figured they would be good to wipe my tools on, set parts on when cleaning or loading, evaping reclaim, etc. LMK how you like em. I also got the ball containers for on the go carry!

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
LOL I just ordered a pair of those. I don't plan on blasting into them or anything but figured they would be good to wipe my tools on, set parts on when cleaning or loading, evaping reclaim, etc. LMK how you like em. I also got the ball containers for on the go carry!
I vacuum purge my wax.

This pad I just throw into the vacuum chamber with the wax on it.

So clean to manage your wax with these guy's!

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
Did you order from amazon? I got a package deal on the mats, balls, and a 12 piece SS wax/clay carving tool kit (works aces as concentrate tools). Everything was like $30 with free Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.

Caligula,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Did you order from amazon? I got a package deal on the mats, balls, and a 12 piece SS wax/clay carving tool kit (works aces as concentrate tools). Everything was like $30 with free Amazon Prime 2 day shipping.
I got the OIL SLICK PADS (2) for $8.00 including shipping from the EBAY web site.

ataxian,
Reactions: Caligula

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Hey Atomsk:

I don't have a coil. (came unraveled)
Without a coil = Why couldn't I load dense nugs (Flower) to the top of the rod and drop some blonde wax on it?

I have two SR71's I want to fire at least one up.
My POLLEN PELLETS I quit making them.
I was using them with no problem during the last few months without issue.
However I want to keep it simple since the HERCULES is finshed.

Please advise?

Kind regards,
ataxian

Sorry to be so late, buddy, but I'm glad you got good advice and results.

As an alternative to your problem, I'm working on an impromptu coil / herb mod. I'm gonna buy a screen (safe metal) and shape it in to a small dodecahedron that splits in half and is held by a hinge-cut in the material. It should be small enough to move freely and spin any side towards the rod. This way you load ground up herb, pack it snuggly in to the dodecahedron, and, hopefully, just shake the Herc between hits.

Like rolling a 12 sided die, only each side would land you a 10.

Caligula

Maximus

As an alternative to your problem, I'm working on an impromptu coil / herb mod. I'm gonna buy a screen (safe metal) and shape it in to a small dodecahedron that splits in half and is held by a hinge-cut in the material. It should be small enough to move freely and spin any side towards the rod. This way you load ground up herb, pack it snuggly in to the dodecahedron, and, hopefully, just shake the Herc between hits.

They make titanium screens. Just sayin'.

Caligula,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
They make titanium screens. Just sayin'.

If the first model works out well enough I'll try to find some. I do not have patience for mailing, so it'd have to be local.

a dodecahedron out of a screen. OK, got to see you do that. Are you just shaping it by bending or cut/solder or? a 12 sided object made of pentagonal faces. Boy thats hard to bend :)

Yeah, I'm not that handy. There's a mall kiosk that sells little metal beads, some are dodecahedron shaped. I figured I could just tighten and hammer a screen over a bead and then cut it out where I want. If that doesn't work I know a few origami patterns for it. All else fails, a simpler shape would still suffice, just wouldn't have the surface area and maneuverability I'd want.

Edit:
Yeah, second thought, a sphere would probably be easier and similarly effective. Would have to stir it, though.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Maybe a cylinder. Roll the screen into a tube. connect by threading a screen strand and sewing it up. Cut the ends to fold and flatten, then thread using another wire strand. The top lid can be simple hinged and a simple tie with a strand which is replaced each load... You can flip it etc.

Doesn't need to touch the rod, convection heating via the hot air verses the conduction heating which with herbs has a higher chance of combustion :)

OK, this has my interest now. Going to try myself. Wanted a coil/herb mix solution that's easy to reload/clean. Sounds interesting having preloaded cylinders of herb/oil. Maybe throw a hole in the end and insert the rod into it replacing the present coil... The herb would just seperate as you inserted it?

PhotoRider,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

Sign me up if you like it!
The HERCULES is KICKING MY SHINY METAL A@@!
Thinking?
Now to load it with double purged GOD'S GIFT BLONDE WAX.

Last edited:

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Maybe a cylinder. Roll the screen into a tube. connect by threading a screen strand and sewing it up. Cut the ends to fold and flatten, then thread using another wire strand. The top lid can be simple hinged and a simple tie with a strand which is replaced each load... You can flip it etc.

Doesn't need to touch the rod, convection heating via the hot air verses the conduction heating which with herbs has a higher chance of combustion :)

OK, this has my interest now. Going to try myself. Wanted a coil/herb mix solution that's easy to reload/clean. Sounds interesting having preloaded cylinders of herb/oil. Maybe throw a hole in the end and insert the rod into it replacing the present coil... The herb would just seperate as you inserted it?

My thinking was that the original 12 sided shape would have two (or three if possible) layers of screen, the outer for some protection and evening of conduction. However, instead of the sphere or dodeca, I'm now thinking a short cylinder like you suggest, with two or three layers, would be beneficial in that you could make it short and then flip the screen over to vape the other side.

A goal in mind for this system was to have herb chambers that you could easily reload on the go, so having a few screens packed seems reasonably better than grinding and packing on the go.

edit:
@THC SCIENTIFIC Is it safe (and within warranty) to coax the wax out like we do with Omicron carts, by turning the heater core (metal only) upside down and heating it?

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
My thinking was that the original 12 sided shape would have two (or three if possible) layers of screen, the outer for some protection and evening of conduction. However, instead of the sphere or dodeca, I'm now thinking a short cylinder like you suggest, with two or three layers, would be beneficial in that you could make it short and then flip the screen over to vape the other side.

A goal in mind for this system was to have herb chambers that you could easily reload on the go, so having a few screens packed seems reasonably better than grinding and packing on the go.

edit:
@THC SCIENTIFIC Is it safe (and within warranty) to coax the wax out like we do with Omicron carts, by turning the heater core (metal only) upside down and heating it?

i dont see why not. Your not damaging anything by heating up the hercules normally, so who cares if its up side down or right side up. I would suggest you just have the teflon shell off so as the oil does not get into the threads. when its being rolled out.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Ataxian if they are not on the website you can just call in and order that way if you like.
White rod is 7.4 v
blue rod for flowers is 3.7v
red rod/Black rod(now black) (still in prototype/beta stages) is also a 3.7v but mainly for Essential oils.

you can buy the coils separately or you might have to ask but I think if you replaced your herc from old to new you may have an option to buy blue rod and 2 or 3 coils as a pack.

Edit

A tank kinda like the old tanks , a ss cylinder with the oil coil mesh inside, this would probably prevent the oil from being pushed to the sides of the herc chamber walls.
The ss cylinder would also heat up and vape off oil that got pushed to its inside walls but oil is confined in the direct heat and heat path.

Sign me up if you like it!
The HERCULES is KICKING MY SHINY METAL A@@!
Thinking?
Now to load it with double purged GOD'S GIFT BLONDE WAX.

There you go, improvise, Mcgyver kinda stuff.

You just made your self a home made oil coil lol lol
I hope you enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
A tank kinda like the old tanks , a ss cylinder with the oil coil mesh inside, this would probably prevent the oil from being pushed to the sides of the herc chamber walls.
The ss cylinder would also heat up and vape off oil that got pushed to its inside walls but oil is confined in the direct heat and heat path.
I would love to have tanks like the old herc. In my opinion it would be so much easier to use the ss coil in the tanks for the same reasons. Keep oil more contained and you would be able to more easily switch coils without leaving oil in the heating chamber. not having to clean the whole chamber to cleanly switch between indica and sativa strains... I prefer not to mix them at all unless I have to. This would be great!

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I would love to have tanks like the old herc. In my opinion it would be so much easier to use the ss coil in the tanks for the same reasons. Keep oil more contained and you would be able to more easily switch coils without leaving oil in the heating chamber. not having to clean the whole chamber to cleanly switch between indica and sativa strains... I prefer not to mix them at all unless I have to. This would be great!

That would be impossible as the tanks would empty out and oil will just be sitting at the bottom of the Herc.

To have a closed tank that leaves no residue behind has been expiremented with. Your not gonna find any 7.4v portable or even any portable able to vape a closed tank unless it has air holes. its basically impossible unless you add cotton.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Ataxian if they are not on the website you can just call in and order that way if you like.
White rod is 7.4 v
blue rod for flowers is 3.7v
red rod (still in prototype/beta stages) is also a 3.7v but mainly for Essential oils.

you can buy the coils separately or you might have to ask but I think if you replaced your herc from old to new you may have an option to buy blue rod and 2 or 3 coils as a pack.

Edit

A tank kinda like the old tanks , a ss cylinder with the oil coil mesh inside, this would probably prevent the oil from being pushed to the sides of the Herc chamber walls.

There you go, improvise, Mcgyver kinda stuff.

You just made your self a home made oil coil lol lol
I hope you enjoy the ride.
Blazing OG:

I love the HERCULES SR71

So stoke to know I just need to buy the rods and coils that you have available at W9 TECH.

I'm making some CAD drawings of a leak-less tank Ideal I have with a SS coil insert.
High tech Macgyvering is a blast!

With so much going on around me this device is perfect for me.
I found that to many devices are too much upkeep.
I'm staying with the W9 TECH line.
BLONDE well purged WAX in these devices is a "NO BRAINER"!
LOL!

Last edited:

Rhino420

any word on the heat up time for my ceramic rod? do you think its heating up properly, as far as time to get fully hot and the tip not getting very red?

measure resistance on a fully assembled herc, should be around 1.5 ohms, if this is true then your should see red glow with in a 20 seconds or less. I would suggest you do this with the lights off so you can see it glow.

yeah I was trippin, because the ceramic rod is heating up just fine...

well I don't have the wax to start over with a new buffer, but when I do i'm going to try with just wax,melt in .3 into a half coil, then put .2 more on top of the coil and then see where that takes me

update:

well I got some more wax, cut my coil down to about flush maybe slightly below the rod... loaded between .2 and .3 melted into the coil, then loaded up another .2 to .3...

HUGE difference then last night... still learning how to hit it perfect but the taste is very nice, better than the carts, and i'm nice and medicated!!!

easy to load,very happy!!!

thanks again to everyone who helped me get this thing off the ground!!!

thanks G, you have an amazing product bud

ryan

Top Bottom