Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

asimplebeast

After a week or so of using the Persei, I have my techniques down for filling and using the tanks. I originally bought this thing for the SR-71, but seeing as it's still being perfected, I'm going to patiently enjoy the old technology which is great anyways.

asimplebeast,
Reactions: OF

tharealmclovin

I boiled mine. Once I see G's video I may load 1/2g into it, but that's all I have so it may be a waste if there is really a .5g buffer needed.

tharealmclovin,

cannaman559

Has anybody had success with their herc that isn't using that airflow washer?
No real success yet. Unit gets really hot, produces light vapor. Ive used 2 grams of pg and it just leaks through. I hope the AAF screen takes care of this problem when it comes. patiently waiting...

cannaman559,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I'm almost positive that my washer and mouthpiece weren't flush and that that was the problem with my hits being pretty much nonexistent. Hopefully can try again later tonight and see if I have any luck.

friedbanana8

Got my herc today! and i already burned out my double top. The blue light stays on. I got one really good hit from the herc and it warmed up as you'd expect, But when i went back for a second hit, the button started smoking and the blue light doesnt turn off. i immediately took it off and now everytime i hook it up to the battery the blue light stays on. Im glad i decided to go with the double top on my first run with the new herc, instead of my single top which doesnt have a timer on it (dont want to risk losing that feature!). i was wondering, i have a hammer top that i got on the 4/20 sale. Is that considered one of the "new" tops? it has a 20 second timer i believe...
I just now took it apart and saw that some oil was starting to drip down the hammer rod into the bottom chamber, am i going to have to clean this up before i give it another go with another top or do i just have to make some adjustments to get it going?
EDIT: Also, the top washer has oil on it as well as some oil around the top of the top chamber, like some starting to flow out the top...

Last edited:
friedbanana8,

tharealmclovin

Good idea. With using the double top. I will try that first when I do my testing.

EDIt: if the double tops are not being produced anymore, will we get a second single top as a replacement for blown tops.

Edit 2: IMO. A Persei with a reg top and a hammer top would be better than a single and double top.

friedbanana8

Good idea. With using the double top. I will try that first when I do my testing.

EDIt: if the double tops are not being produced anymore, will we get a second single top as a replacement for blown tops.

Edit 2: IMO. A Persei with a reg top and a hammer top would be better than a single and double top.

im also thinking that i should have pulsed it better. I got a huge explosive hit and it made me cough a ton and i was trying to cool it down in between coughs, i think i might not have been enitirely successful. as some made its way down to the bottom chamber (only down the rod). im actually still able to use the double top, i just have to screw it off to turn it off.
Any way, i havent had any problems with the hammer top, i didnt get that explosive hit anymore, but i was getting some tasty light hits. Could be it needs more oil as i only loaded it with 0.5g and i hear that its buffer zone is at about 0.5g? Would like some clarity on that though. But i guess ill find out for myself in a sec when i load it with more oil.

They are discontinuing the double top? i just remembered reading that earlier in the thread...
thats a bummer, i liked the dual hit feature even though i didnt use it as much as the regular top it was still a cool feature.

ima load up some more oil and see if i can get the herc running

EDIT: alright so i think i found my herc top... my hammer top! I dont want to fuck up my single top or iris with the herc, its to risky ya feel me. I been pulsing it and been getting some nice clouds with this thing, and the taste is awesome.
Have you guys been shaking it like Bob Loblaw does in his videos? ive been doing it but dont know if its necessary cause i didnt see it in the instructions... oh wait... ill just ask Bob... "Hey Bob! Why do you shake the herc Bob? WHY??!"

Last edited:
friedbanana8,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Let me do my testing guys. I just did a dry run with gold 1 gram and not one drop in the bottom tank. Blazing OG was even here witnessing this.

Wait for a few answers in a few.

Cool. someone is selling a herc, and if the gold works out and the 'blowing tops' issue is solved i may pick that up for puregold use... or wait for the 1701s.

EDit: Whats the hercules procedure? it needs to be sent in for the new parts or new parts are sent to the user? This is the original black hercules (not sure if the SR-71 is different than Hercules V2 or if hercules V1 becomes the SR-71 with the upgrades.)

Porquiplane,
Reactions: ataxian

friedbanana8

Cool. someone is selling a herc, and if the gold works out and the 'blowing tops' issue is solved i may pick that up for puregold use... or wait for the 1701s.

EDit: Whats the hercules procedure? it needs to be sent in for the new parts or new parts are sent to the user? This is the original black hercules (not sure if the SR-71 is different than Hercules V2 or if hercules V1 becomes the SR-71 with the upgrades.)
yeah bro id totally swoop on it. You send in all the parts of the unit itself, except for the teflon pieces, mouthpiece seal and tanks. If you had an even older version and didnt get the teflon replacement pieces then you'll want to send in the older shell and they'll send you the new teflon pieces. The herc sr-71 is the herc v2. they are one in the same.

Let me do my testing guys. I just did a dry run with gold 1 gram and not one drop in the bottom tank. Blazing OG was even here witnessing this.

Wait for a few answers in a few.

Yes, i need some help as well. just checked and i got oil in the bottom tank... dont know what im doing wrong. Cant wait for the video

friedbanana8,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Its heat and position control. Need the key from G :D
Seems the SR-71 gets HOT quickly, the oil becomes liquid and like G said a while back, no matterr what, air holes can leak - period. So it must technique

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The issue has been located and its a 50/50 thats why some of you are able to use it and some are not.

Given the tolerance levels of the Hercules and the #10 washer given both together and heat it causes the air flow to go bad after a few seconds warm up time.

I have tried all i can and the real fix is the Stainless Steel top.

We have begun manufacturing of these pcs.

PhotoRider

The issue has been located and its a 50/50 thats why some of you are able to use it and some are not.

Given the tolerance levels of the Hercules and the #10 washer given both together and heat it causes the air flow to go bad after a few seconds warm up time.

Nothing like volume to find production tolerance issues :)

So this piece screws into the top tube?

Awesome - I thought that would be a great idea, can't wait to get a some for my SR-71's.

I know this is early, but what do you figure the timeline is?

druminfected

I see, so that's the reason I'm not getting any vape production and not my old batteries. Sucks I was part of the 50% that DON't work oh well. I wish I would've used the Hercules V1 when I had the chance now heh. Goin to put the SR-71 away until this piece is finished. I think most of the oil is on the piece we are going to replace as well, hopefully most of it absorbed into the coil.

G the pic you posted will replace the tube above the one tube inscribed "sr-71 hercules" correct?

hopefully there might be a way to use this until the manufactured pieces are finished? (fingers and toes crossed)

PhotoRider

I see, so that's the reason I'm not getting any vape production and not my old batteries. Sucks I was part of the 50% that DON't work oh well. I wish I would've used the Hercules V1 when I had the chance now heh. Goin to put the SR-71 away until this piece is finished. I think most of the oil is on the piece we are going to replace as well, hopefully most of it absorbed into the coil.

G the pic you posted will replace the tube above the one tube inscribed "sr-71 hercules" correct?

hopefully there might be a way to use this until the manufactured pieces are finished? (fingers and toes crossed)
if the oil is inside the unit, you can heat it out. Take the 2 tubes and throw into a pyrex dish and into the oven at low temp ~t 170. Wait a 10-15 mins. Remove, cool. Stand the tubes up in the dish, but have them apart. The retainer and rod can be left in the bottom & top. The coil can be done too.

Then scrape the oil out of the dish with a razor blade. I use an exacto knife with a wide flat blade on the end.

PhotoRider,

PhotoRider

Please help I still can't get this to work I believe the rod is defective or something.reassembled dozens of times always read 2.5 ohms
is it clean. not sure why 2.5 ohm. What are the leads when put together - should be ~0.2 ohm or less.

PhotoRider,

druminfected

Please help I still can't get this to work I believe the rod is defective or something.reassembled dozens of times always read 2.5 ohms
Does it get hot when you press the button to use your sr-71? THC, just mentioned that 50/50 of the hercules are having a air flow issue which makes this not work for 50% of the people including me.

druminfected,
Top Bottom