Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kevin

Hi G
I hope that we the 100 beta testers will be getting are new V2 SR-71 before anybody who pre-orders one now???:tup:
The last thing I want is to go to my budies to try his new SR-71 that he ordered last week and I'm still waiting on mine from 9 months ago.
If we must buy the new oil coils, then PLEASE make them avaible at the same time this will save time shipping cost and my mind trying to get it to work like it should.
Thanks for not giving up on the Herc, I know you will take care of us beta testers.
Thanks
kevin

Bugsy

VapeHare
No worries, The Second Generation Hercules is in production we will only replace the 7.4v heaters and shells and 3.7v shells only.

As for the iris it still being worked on and will be done when we fix an issue we are having.

I will post here when to start sending in the hercules in a few once we confirm instructions packaging, and when it will be ready to be shipped out.

I have 2 unused non upgraded Hercules that I have been sitting on since ordered last October, waiting for all the fixes to be complete before upgrading thus saving money and effort. I was of the understanding that the order #/invoice was all that was needed to upgrade Hercules with no requirement to send them back?

Bugsy,
Reactions: Darb

exit

I can't (and don't want to) speak for G but I'm sure all of you with older model Hercules will get taken care of when they get around to getting the replacement situation set up and replacement information posted here.

I would have bought one back then but there was even talk of a V2 happening back then so I just decided to stick it out...

SR 71s haven't shipped yet so i really wouldn't worry...... i just don't see THC being a company thats going to leave people waiting for replacements hanging, honestly.....

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

Zooted

That's a bummer about the coil not being included with the replacements. It seems to be one of the major reasons the SR-71 is outperforming the old Hercs (Bob said he finds the coil to work twice as well as the tanks). I would have thought that it would be included in the replacements given the fact that it is an integral part of the new design.

x2

Zooted,
Reactions: dankity3

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys please understand that when we say we stand behind our product we mean it.

The original Hercules v1 with the original tanks is the same performance you will get with the Hercules Sr - 71 with the original tanks.

I remember around the time the original Hercules was released I talked about tanks that are being redesigned. Bobs suggestion made me realize how to fix and issue we where having with the newer tanks to increase performance. This is well documented here.

Now just because we introduce the new Hercules with newer tanks does not mean we have to replace older tanks that still deliver the same performance with the new Hercules vs the old Hercules. What this means our obligation is to fix the issue we had with the original Hercules and we are doing that with a unit that exceeds all expectations. The issue was not the tanks plus we never talked about replacing the tanks and that's final. There's is a recall on the heater and delrin shell not the tanks.

Anyone who bought the original saw the performance it produced and this is what they signed up for. The subject is closed and only the heaters will be replaced once all is done. Once again your not happy please return your hercules unit for full refund even if used. Your more then welcome to go to another manufacturer who will gladly take your money and offer you better service.

Now moving on to second subject.

We are producing replacements first then kits. This means we can sell and replace at the same time.

Third subject.

We thought we could do an exchange without any returns but turns out many people like to defraud the system.

Due to this we need all units back to be replaced.

The heat shields ( aka shells ) already needed to be shipped in to be replaced, but we have also changed it to full on Hercules is needed to be replaced.

Please understand as I will not sugar coat anything. I am straight forward and hope no one takes this in the wrong way. I am here to make what my interpretation of best customer service is, but I can not simply give away products.

Zingbuddah

Vaporologist

Anyone who bought the original saw the performance it produced and this is what they signed up for. The subject is closed and only the heaters will be replaced once all is done. Once again your not happy please return your hercules unit for full refund even if used. Your more then welcome to go to another manufacturer who will gladly take your money and offer you better service.

Please understand as I will not sugar coat anything. I am straight forward and hope no one takes this in the wrong way. I am here to make what my interpretation of best customer service is, but I can not simply give away products.

Does this include a full refund of all D9 gear or just the Hercules?

What will the process be to get a refund for those who purchased through an authorized retailer?

TBH, (and I think there are many folks that have this same feeling) we were Beta testers for a product that was supposed to be finished and turned out to have issues melting and not working....

Seriously....need to know how to get a refund for the Hercules and then I'll be offering up the remainder for sale.

...and then this?

"Your more then welcome to go to another manufacturer who will gladly take your money and offer you better service."

Wow G......most of us have watched you and D9 bend over backwards for small issues and this is the company line?

I thought we would be brought up to the released Hercules standard...not left in the dark accused of wanting you to give away products....we just wanted a working unit.

Thanks for the update,
Z

Zingbuddah,
Reactions: ru_frothi

kevin

The original Hercules v1 with the original tanks is the same performance you will get with the Hercules Sr - 71 with the original tanks.

I remember around the time the original Hercules was released I talked about tanks that are being redesigned. Bobs suggestion made me realize how to fix and issue we where having with the newer tanks to increase performance. .

Hi G
I'm confused here if v1 tanks worked so good then why is there now v2? Because we had problems with the v1 tank and that there would be new tanks with a coraser mesh for thicker meds, because all testing was being done w/PG. Plus I do belive Bob said that v2 tanks work much better if not then why make them, why work on them for the last 9 months?? You said it G there was an issue that needed to be fixed.
Whatever the case can we work it out that we can pre-order new tanks kit and receive are new units in complete form, and don't have to pay for more shipping cost for the tanks later, plus we have to read how great the new Hercules/tanks work.:2c:

Thanks
Kevin

tharealmclovin

I'm gonna step in an defend D9 before you guys lunch G. The Hercules V1 worked fine. The issues were the heater leaking and the outer sleeve melting or falling off. Those have both been fixed. To be honest that is all that we are entitled to.

When a new version comes out, it is not the responsibility of the manufacture to GIVe it out. If the customers want to UPGRADE, they can for a fee.

Just because you can't get all the fancy gadgets free, you are jumping ship. Truthfully this is the point where it's about to take off IMO. So get out of my way, ill use it.

We are bitching about what? A $5 piece of mesh? Seriously???? If we want a company to survive, we can't bankrupt them. We are getting new units and keeping our "chamber". If you really NEED the new one, we would get one.

tharealmclovin,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

Too keep it 100% and not sugar coat anything the v1 hercules was a piece of shit and me smoking derlin because of your poor design causing shells and mouth pieces to melt doesnt make me happy at all. The manufacturer should really take into consideration that us the consumer didnt sign up for this roller coaster ride of unsatisfactory functioning of the product that was supposed to have all the bells and whistles. We the consumer didn't tell you to prematurely release the herc v1 without it being properly tested. In the end the beta testers will most likely pay more for a herc than if we would have just waited for the sr-71 depending on the cost of the new tanks. My persei doesn't get much use anymore because the carts got to be a pain. I really like the sr-71 because it will make the carts obsolete for me. I just want a properly non leaking wickless vape and I really dont want to seem like an jerk but that is just my opinion. Hopefully I didn't break any forum rules. Im usually quiet. I know there is other vapes out there but I paid $200 for this persei and I just want to get use and my moneys worth out of it. Thanks thats all.

tharealmclovin

I'm still
Confused on how people melted their tips. I'm not denying it, I saw the pictures. But honestly that takes some time to get that hot. I never even got close to those temps.

We the consumer didn't tell you to prematurely release the herc v1 without it being properly tested.

I think if you look back at thread history, this could be a false statement. In fact I think there was almost a revolt then from impatience.

tharealmclovin,

SlideOrDie

I remember around the time the original Hercules was released I talked about tanks that are being redesigned. Bobs suggestion made me realize how to fix and issue we where having with the newer tanks to increase performance. This is well documented here.

Now just because we introduce the new Hercules with newer tanks does not mean we have to replace older tanks that still deliver the same performance with the new Hercules vs the old Hercules. What this means our obligation is to fix the issue we had with the original Hercules and we are doing that with a unit that exceeds all expectations. The issue was not the tanks plus we never talked about replacing the tanks and that's final. There's is a recall on the heater and delrin shell not the tanks.

We are producing replacements first then kits. This means we can sell and replace at the same time.

Third subject.

We thought we could do an exchange without any returns but turns out many people like to defraud the system.

The heat shields ( aka shells ) already needed to be shipped in to be replaced, but we have also changed it to full on Hercules is needed to be replaced.

I think most of us are wanting to know about the coils and when they'll be available to the early adopters as most of us probably want maximum performance... Not v1 tanks with the new SR-71...

Maybe to be fair to the early adopters you guys could possibly offer the new oil coils in a new accessory kit for the SR-71 at a discounted price for early adopters?

Don't want to anger you boss, just would like to have a complete SR-71 when it comes time to ship everything in seeing as shipping isn't cheap to and from Canada...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Wow G......most of us have watched you and D9 bend over backwards for small issues and this is the company line?
S3 EPH 6
FUTURAMA

Time to get BENT!

I'm having a lot of amusement reading these post.
I've been using the HERCULES for the last few weeks?
The SR-71 will be a great device we have all been waiting for.
Too get all BEND over the replacement COILS is sad.
We have the TANKS which we can use with clean concentrates and now we have the COIL in addition to MEDICATE. (Dirty Concentrate Tolerances)
So we need to buy a couple of COILS to add to our quivers.
INNOVATION is costly.
10% of most companies profits are put back into to R&D.
The HERCULES was a big risk to release prematurely I agree however: "he who has not sinned let him throw the first stone"! I think it may have been JESUS who said that?
Now that we are near the finish line why give up now over a couple of dollars?

By the way you are the expert when it comes to GLASS CLEANING!
I will miss your presents however I will still MEDICATE with my DELTA NINE PRODUCTS.

Time to load my clean BENDER with some GIRL SCOUT COOKIES and make it dirty again!
[quote="exit, post: 419120, member: 5754"
I did not have the top that clicks on and stays on for like 2 minutes when I had my first BENDER.
I thought if you left the button pressed that long it would get all burnt.
Is this the right way to use the BENDER though? Leave the button switched on and stir it while you do?[/quote]
I have the HAMMER TOP for the BENDER which I bought after my thumb got tried from holding down the button on the original head. It did work however the HAMMER TOP is like CRUISE CONTROL.
I stir once in a while to keep it tasty.

I'm watching FUTURAMA.
It's Saturday relax!

exit

BENDER FANS!!!

I will be rejoining you soon.

When I had my first BENDER I noticed it would tend to "burn" on one side.
I know it's advised to stir while you're using the BENDER.

Just wondering if this is "just how it works" or if something I was doing something wrong with operation of it.

I did not have the top that clicks on and stays on for like 2 minutes when I had my first BENDER.
I thought if you left the button pressed that long it would get all burnt.
Is this the right way to use the BENDER though? Leave the button switched on and stir it while you do?

I used to hold the button until the blue light went out on its own and just do that over and over again.

exit,

friedbanana8

I think most of us are wanting to know about the coils and when they'll be available to the early adopters as most of us probably want maximum performance... Not v1 tanks with the new SR-71...

Maybe to be fair to the early adopters you guys could possibly offer the new oil coils in a new accessory kit for the SR-71 at a discounted price for early adopters?

Don't want to anger you boss, just would like to have a complete SR-71 when it comes time to ship everything in seeing as shipping isn't cheap to and from Canada...

Too keep it 100% and not sugar coat anything the v1 hercules was a piece of shit and me smoking derlin because of your poor design causing shells and mouth pieces to melt doesnt make me happy at all. The manufacturer should really take into consideration that us the consumer didnt sign up for this roller coaster ride of unsatisfactory functioning of the product that was supposed to have all the bells and whistles. We the consumer didn't tell you to prematurely release the herc v1 without it being properly tested. In the end the beta testers will most likely pay more for a herc than if we would have just waited for the sr-71 depending on the cost of the new tanks. My persei doesn't get much use anymore because the carts got to be a pain. I really like the sr-71 because it will make the carts obsolete for me. I just want a properly non leaking wickless vape and I really dont want to seem like an jerk but that is just my opinion. Hopefully I didn't break any forum rules. Im usually quiet. I know there is other vapes out there but I paid $200 for this persei and I just want to get use and my moneys worth out of it. Thanks thats all.

Third subject.

Hi G
I'm confused here if v1 tanks worked so good then why is there now v2? Because we had problems with the v1 tank and that there would be new tanks with a coraser mesh for thicker meds, because all testing was being done w/PG. Plus I do belive Bob said that v2 tanks work much better if not then why make them, why work on them for the last 9 months?? You said it G there was an issue that needed to be fixed.
Whatever the case can we work it out that we can pre-order new tanks kit and receive are new units in complete form, and don't have to pay for more shipping cost for the tanks later, plus we have to read how great the new Hercules/tanks work.:2c:

Thanks
Kevin

Does this include a full refund of all D9 gear or just the Hercules?

What will the process be to get a refund for those who purchased through an authorized retailer?

TBH, (and I think there are many folks that have this same feeling) we were Beta testers for a product that was supposed to be finished and turned out to have issues melting and not working....

Seriously....need to know how to get a refund for the Hercules and then I'll be offering up the remainder for sale.

...and then this?

"Your more then welcome to go to another manufacturer who will gladly take your money and offer you better service."

I thought we would be brought up to the released Hercules standard...not left in the dark accused of wanting you to give away products....we just wanted a working unit.

Thanks for the update,
Z

Shit man, if these oil coils are only going to be sold in accessory kits then i think people have a right to be angry. Im sure alot of us are only looking to get a couple oil coils to get the thing running. And at $60 bucks plus tax and shipping just to have access to that level of performance for us who already shelled out for the hercules v1 seems harsh. If no discount, atleast sell them seperately, maybe at the price of the oil cartridges. 5 for $50, $12.50 for a single oil coil. Atleast make it easier for us beta testers to get to that level of performance. Its like that Family Guy episode when Peter helps Joe win the special olympics and Joe doesnt give him any credit. Thats how us v1 testers are feeling now. We played a part in bringing about the new v2 and we are the ones that have to jump hoops to get the same level of performance as persons who have just arrived at the party. Can't ya'll see the inequality in the situation?

tharealmclovin

I'm not sure if you also noticed the price went up with the V2. As "Beta tester" we got a discount off of the price of the V1 (which was cheaper). So basically now if you get the "oil coil" separate, it brings the price up to the V2 price. But wait, we got almost 50% off still for being as everyone calls it "beta testers".

Get me my V2 and figure out a way I can add a coil on for a reasonable price and I feel we have no reason to complain.

Hey it has been known for a while...if you don't want to be a beta tester, don't buy a limited run of a product that was basically made just for this forum to use.

friedbanana8

Hey it has been known for a while...if you don't want to be a beta tester, don't buy a limited run of a product that was basically made just for this forum to use.

Some people had no idea the product was for sale on a limited run or that it was made for this forum. When i had first bought the herc v1 it was before i even knew of this forum, so that bears no weight on those types of consumers. I was under the impression that it was a full functioning attachment without any problems.

There are 3 groups of people right now. Those who own the herc v1 still under warranty, those who own the herc v1 without warranty, and new customers to the herc altogether.

I should mention that i fall in the first group. My herc v1 still has warranty so their discounted price does not benefit me at all. Instead i get to use up my warranty for a warranty-less sr-71(if im not mistaken).
I think a compromise should be made here and i think that making it easier for herc v1 users to use the new sr-71 herc at top performance should be the goal in mind here.
I think selling the oil coils seperately (for a limited time atleast so that the hercv1 owners can take advantage) would achieve this without any real discount.

friedbanana8,

exit

How are you really gonna make a serious post and then make a Family Guy allegory... seriously.....

G's message was pretty clear to me. I honestly dont see where all the confusion and anger is coming from. It makes sense about the tanks. Tha tanks and coils have different applications. Do you guys really think D9 is not going to sell coils separately.

I could understand if the tanks didnt work in the SR71 why you guys would be mad. But they do and G is offering a full refund even for used units and you still complain? How many companies are gonna offer a refund on used gear.

I swear this sudden bandwagon of hate would not be happening if Bob didnt say the coil worked better. I'm not saying Bob shouldnt have said this but i think it was taken wrongly blown out of proportion.

Honestly stuff like "if v1 worked well then why is there a v2" just hurts my brain. It's like the whole idea of "technology" and "advancement" is a new thing around here lately to some people?

tharealmclovin

you must of had good timing, cuz they sold out quick. Some members could not get one. Too bad you missed the discount. That's one of the perks with D9V...they take care of the people that helped get them where they are.

Have you ever used a warranty??? When you redeem that warranty and receive a new unit...it comes with a new warranty. Your assumptions are wrong.

You know what they say when you assume.

tharealmclovin,

MaDsCiEnTiSt22

Im not hating just stating key facts. In any way shape or form when was beta ever mentioned when the product released? If I knew the product was not completely ready I wouldn't have purchased the item. Preorders and giving discounts for preorders is not supposed to be used to trap us like guinea pigs for testing. Preorders are supposed to help the manufacturer with the intial production of the products without taking a big hit out of their pockets. Trust me I do not hate delta 9 nor am I feeling like I dont want to use their products except maybe the regular carts. I am going to be using the sr-71 and purchase the coil if need be. I am just one voice stating an opinion. Trust me money isnt the issue. There is just wrong and right. I dont want to rub anyone the wrong way.

MaDsCiEnTiSt22,
Reactions: kindbeats

tharealmclovin

The only reason it's a "beta" is because people here call it that. Every product ever made has issues. When you buy a first run, there will almost always be a second run. How many other products upgrade constantly and don't give anything? Apple, Toyota, video games.

tharealmclovin,

Darb

The old tanks only worked well for me after I had stuffed some volcano concentrate pad under them like Bob Loblaw suggested.
Was this due to the holes in the base of the heater? Any thoughts Bob?

Darb,
Reactions: Bugsy

friedbanana8

How are you really gonna make a serious post and then make a Family Guy allegory... seriously.....

G's message was pretty clear to me. I honestly dont see where all the confusion and anger is coming from. It makes sense about the tanks. Tha tanks and coils have different applications. Do you guys really think D9 is not going to sell coils separately.

I could understand if the tanks didnt work in the SR71 why you guys would be mad. But they do and G is offering a full refund even for used units and you still complain? How many companies are gonna offer a refund on used gear.

I swear this sudden bandwagon of hate would not be happening if Bob didnt say the coil worked better. I'm not saying Bob shouldnt have said this but i think it was taken wrongly blown out of proportion.

Honestly stuff like "if v1 worked well then why is there a v2" just hurts my brain. It's like the whole idea of "technology" and "advancement" is a new thing around here lately to some people?

The fact remains that you understood my point. In a serious argument people don't waste their time attacking the cosmetic appearance of an argument. No, serious debaters stick to the point my boy.

Now go ahead and go to the delta9 website and try to find the tanks being sold seperately. You wont. You can only find them in this accessory kit that comes with a bunch of other stuff that a person who is receiving replacement parts for the sr-71 wouldnt need. I dont see how the tanks and coils are that different in application. Im under the impression that they are both used to distribute your oil to the little hammer for vaping only that one does a better job. So, its plain to see how one might be justified in thinking they would go about selling the coils as they've gone about selling the tanks.

friedbanana8,
Top Bottom