Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
I'm having issues getting my 8 firing as well...or possibly herc assembly? After I raised the gold contact nut on the top pin and tightened the button's gold contact screw, I got it to consistently fire a 3.7v kiss cart on the shorty tube. When I hook the long tube with 2x18350's to my herc74, it only gets it warm even if I sit on the button for a while. Batteries are new, fully charged AW IMRs. I might try really tightening that gold screw, I just don't want to crack the button assembly. If it always fires the kiss, is the button definitely not the issue and therefore a herc assembly issue? I might order one of those cart testers as my multimeter is acting flaky. I should also say I'm new to the herc & w9tech, but got some nice clouds out of it a few days ago...

Also, did anyone else get a mislabeled end cap on their 8? Mine both say 510 but the herc & kiss fit only one of them, isn't that 601?

Scrimshaw,

lonelyhero

the lost soul
Company Rep
i must say the herc has made my love for w9 grow each time it fires up im trying very hard not to order more than i can afford but its so tempting i love the idea of an ss kit core and nibbler but damn thats expencive lol and im afraid of the nibbler breaking

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
I'm having issues getting my 8 firing as well...or possibly herc assembly? After I raised the gold contact nut on the top pin and tightened the button's gold contact screw, I got it to consistently fire a 3.7v kiss cart on the shorty tube. When I hook the long tube with 2x18350's to my herc74, it only gets it warm even if I sit on the button for a while. Batteries are new, fully charged AW IMRs. I might try really tightening that gold screw, I just don't want to crack the button assembly. If it always fires the kiss, is the button definitely not the issue and therefore a herc assembly issue? I might order one of those cart testers as my multimeter is acting flaky. I should also say I'm new to the herc & w9tech, but got some nice clouds out of it a few days ago...

Also, did anyone else get a mislabeled end cap on their 8? Mine both say 510 but the herc & kiss fit only one of them, isn't that 601?
That's the same thing mine was doing too, but it would only fire my e-juice tank. I even tested all the voltage output and it was saying it was firing with the correct voltage, but when I hooked the Herc up, it wouldn't even fire it up! But now that I tightened that contact screw in the button down all the way, it fires it perfectly. Although, I will say that I do have to push the button a little more firmly to fire the Herc than I do the kiss cart for some reason, but it's still not nearly as hard as b4. And yes, the one that fits the Herc should be labeled saying it has 601 threading, not 510. That sucks yours is mis labeled. Mine is mis-aligned. Even the little "8"on the top cap is a tiny bit off centered. But at least it's working properly now. Good luck with yours. I hope this helps.

Hedonismbot

200 watts 11.1v 0.6 ohm rda

11.1v at 0.6 ohms draws 18.5 Amps :o!
and if the batteries are fully charged to 4.2v that would be 265 watts at 21 amps!!
Do you have batteries that can handle that kind of drain?

Hedo

edit: what is the current limit of the fuse that is supplied with the 8?

Hedonismbot,
Reactions: Caligula

itschad

bro its an ultra rare limited edition sell it for fat staxx a year from now

Still on my trip. Here's a little video

200 watts 11.1v 0.6 ohm rda

what rda is that?

i screwed my button screw in all the way. I feel like my button travel is less, but i don't have to squeeze it any less hard. also im definitely not getting as quick of heat ups as my persei for certain

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
bro its an ultra rare limited edition sell it for fat staxx a year from now

what rda is that?

i screwed my button screw in all the way. I feel like my button travel is less, but i don't have to squeeze it any less hard. also im definitely not getting as quick of heat ups as my persei for certain
Make sure the Herc or whatever cart your using is tightened down really tight as well. I realized that if u tighten it really tight, it makes the top gold contact pin more secure, so when u push the button in, it doesn't give way and move away from it. And I do still have to use a little pressure on the button for the Herc to fire well, but not much more than I normally would anyway. It does get a little annoying tho. The button on the Persei is easier to push.

Last edited:

kyle2119

I found a better fix for the 8. What I did was remove the top pin and make sure the pin is in the right place. When you push the button while looking where the pin should be you should see a little moving chamber that's where the pin should be(I think). I now am getting much better clouds on my Okeanos after i did this.

SkrACHIN

Is everyone who is having issues with the 8 mainly having them when using it with the Herc? My 8 works just fine until the Herc goes on. Try it on the persei and it goes fine. try a kiss on the 8 and it works just fine. i think there is an issue with the way it mounts to the 8. not an engineer but i think there is some fitment or contact problem when these two are playing together.

SkrACHIN,

Fredster951

If you guys find issues using a Hercules on the 8. I recommend the following. Raise the top nuts/collars. Lock the desired height with the bottom nut/collar. Jam them against eachother so the height don't love. Make sure the Hercules is tight on the the 8. After you feel contact give it a extra 1/8 of a turn. Especially SR71. After you have warmed up the hercules , recheck the tightness. I find my herc to be a lil loose after warm up on the 8. Good luck fellow vaporist!

itschad

I can't tighten my herc down because everything is stripped :( I have to take the heat shield off and attach it that way because the bottom adapter is unglued. I ordered a new adapter when I sent in more core but still waiting on it

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
I can't tighten my herc down because everything is stripped :( I have to take the heat shield off and attach it that way because the bottom adapter is unglued. I ordered a new adapter when I sent in more core but still waiting on it
That sucks. I had one of mine strip b4 too. Until u get your new bottom adapter, just take the whole Teflon shield off and give it a crank. It should tighten up. Then put it back on and it should work, hopefully.

@kyle2119, that's exactly why I screwed the contact pin in the button in more. So it will make contact quicker when those contact pins are in place properly, like you mentioned.

I noticed last night, that after using my 8 with the Herc for a while, it started getting hard to push again. I had to take it apart and put it back together and make sure that the Teflon pieces that hold the gold contact pins were seated flat and in as far as they could go. If u hold both the top and bottom contact pins at the same time while pushing the button, u can feel it hit the pins and move them a little. My button was actually hitting the top pin first, and then I had to mash it to get it to connect with the bottom one too! Once I reseated the Teflon and pushed the pins back in place and made sure everything was seated properly, and now I'm back in business! But this is gonna be a pain in the ass if I'm gonna hafta adjust this thing every other time I use it!! Just my opinion.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
The 8 fuse is a 6 amp limit.

The batteries in 205 watt video are triple stacked 18650 efest flat tops modified to work in stacked mode.

I don't get the ecig community they simply are afraid of stacking batteries to run 3-4 amps yet will do a crazy ass 0.15 ohm builds that pull 18 amps off a battery.

Here's a video of a single coil at 1 ohm resistance running at 7.4v

Remember this is a single coil.

Last edited:

Fredster951

That sucks. I had one of mine strip b4 too. Until u get your new bottom adapter, just take the whole Teflon shield off and give it a crank. It should tighten up. Then put it back on and it should work, hopefully.

@kyle2119, that's exactly why I screwed the contact pin in the button in more. So it will make contact quicker when those contact pins are in place properly, like you mentioned.

I noticed last night, that after using my 8 with the Herc for a while, it started getting hard to push again. I had to take it apart and put it back together and make sure that the Teflon pieces that hold the gold contact pins were seated flat and in as far as they could go. If u hold both the top and bottom contact pins at the same time while pushing the button, u can feel it hit the pins and move them a little. My button was actually hitting the top pin first, and then I had to mash it to get it to connect with the bottom one too! Once I reseated the Teflon and pushed the pins back in place and made sure everything was seated properly, and now I'm back in business! But this is gonna be a pain in the ass if I'm gonna hafta adjust this thing every other time I use it!! Just my opinion.
I as well do the same procedure you do when I run into trouble. Very important that everything is seated properly

itschad

I tightened my button screw down all the way and it significantly increased the rate of misfiring and slowed the heating up time.

I then backed the screw off by maybe 2 mm and i dont think i've gotten heat up times like this yet. havent ACTUALLY got to hit it just a visual production test from a quick pulse. feels like i dont need to jam it at all really either.

will report back in a few hours

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
I tightened my button screw down all the way and it significantly increased the rate of misfiring and slowed the heating up time.

I then backed the screw off by maybe 2 mm and i dont think i've gotten heat up times like this yet. havent ACTUALLY got to hit it just a visual production test from a quick pulse. feels like i dont need to jam it at all really either.

will report back in a few hours
That's exactly what mine did when I screwed it all the way in. Hey, whatever works man. I know it sucks to get it to work and catch a glimpse of how hard this thing can hit, only to have it stop working on ya and put ya right back at square one! Hopefully ya got it now!

Fredster951

That's exactly what mine did when I screwed it all the way in. Hey, whatever works man. I know it sucks to get it to work and catch a glimpse of how hard this thing can hit, only to have it stop working on ya and put ya right back at square one! Hopefully ya got it now!
Lol sounds like me last night. I been getting consistent results. But I do get a misfire every other day or so I just make sure to reseat PTFE inserts and pins. Still learning this 8...

Last edited:

sethhobrin

JUST PULLED THE TRIGGER! Now to play the waiting game! Can't wait to try out the herc and Persei!

AW IMR 18350 3.7V [Persei]

Hercules SR-71

Hercules SR-74 PTFE Insulator

Hercules SR-74 Titanium Coils

Ohm and Voltage Tester

Persei Ti Series Oil Vaporizer
(Color: Silver)

Top Bottom