Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Is the old V1 Persei top that came with the double-cart top, a true "mechanical" top then?

I am under the impression that's the only top (besides the Iris) that will let you run the CR123 at 6V and dial the core to any voltage you want. Or is that not the case even with the V1?

I am getting very interested in the Core/SS tube/Hammer top and Rod as an herb iron, but the rod's not for sale right now.

SamuraiSam,
Reactions: ataxian

thevaf

Is the old V1 Persei top that came with the double-cart top, a true "mechanical" top then?

I am under the impression that's the only top (besides the Iris) that will let you run the CR123 at 6V and dial the core to any voltage you want. Or is that not the case even with the V1?

I am getting very interested in the Core/SS tube/Hammer top and Rod as an herb iron, but the rod's not for sale right now.

I get the same range with the double-top as I do with the single on my Core. They both have a serial number that starts with 'R'

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I don't necessarily mean the double cart top itself, just that era of Persei, the one without short protection. Sounds like there is absolutely no advantage to the older top, then.

SamuraiSam,
Reactions: ataxian

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I have a Core... I guess I can try it.
Edit: just tried Hammer Top/Rod with The Core at 5.0v but...NO workee. :disgust:
I need an Iris and or a Mech Top.:science:

Don't directly touch the herb. We did this on the first gen hammers we had few years ago works but you can't touch the herb.

We cranked it up to 6.5v and held it over the herb I think 1/4 inch or something like this. You have to expiremented but it works.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I don't necessarily mean the double cart top itself, just that era of Persei, the one without short protection. Sounds like there is absolutely no advantage to the older top, then.
I believe you could run the original tops at 6.0v with those batteries. But those tops weren't designed for Hercules and can blow easily

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Don't directly touch the herb. We did this on the first gen hammers we had few years ago works but you can't touch the herb.

We cranked it up to 6.5v and held it over the herb I think 1/4 inche or something like this. You have to expiremented but it works.
I was going to make a glass sleeve to fit on the HAMMER. This would create a BENDER like device. With a digital read out you could find your sweet spot or magic temperature setting.
This configuration will replace any need for a flower vaporizer.

A vaporizer is only a heating element to extract the medicine from the FLOWER. A glass barrier would do the trick with a HAMMER set up.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
That is what I do. I have an original Nibbler-X that is for the old style carts. First remove mouthpiece from Kiss. Second stretch one of the white silicone mouth pieces that came with the old carts over the top cone of the Kiss (as if you were going to use it as a mouth piece. Third remove the metal base with o-rings from the Nibbler-X. Last perch the Nibbler-X on top of the Kiss using the silicone mouth piece to seal the connection.

I came up with a similar idea awhile back but my goal was to have a shorter device. It wasn't pretty so I didn't share it. However, half an hour ago, I simplified the grommet.

Introducing my Nibbler K concept (Nibbler KISS)

XlKo5y9.jpg

Instructions:

kWXxxjk.jpg

zFegnKN.jpg

I'll be working on a base-attachment piece over the weekend.

dankity3

I've been out of the vape game for a while due to various issues, but all is well now! I noticed theres a new herc, sr74; as well as various other parts :) Im excited to catch up on this thread. I have a question though, I have had my herc sr71 for not too long (less than a year, got it when it was released), not used too often either. I received the sr71 as an upgrade when trading in my old 7.4herc. Will I be able to trade my sr71 for the sr74? Or am I out of luck? I'd love to upgrade if possible! Thanks in advance

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I've been out of the vape game for a while due to various issues, but all is well now! I noticed theres a new herc, sr74; as well as various other parts :) Im excited to catch up on this thread. I have a question though, I have had my herc sr71 for not too long (less than a year, got it when it was released), not used too often either. I received the sr71 as an upgrade when trading in my old 7.4herc. Will I be able to trade my sr71 for the sr74? Or am I out of luck? I'd love to upgrade if possible! Thanks in advance
You will have the best of all worlds with the 71. The 71 ceramic rod heater is slightly hotter than that of the 74, so there is better battery life and less chance of burnt flavor. There was a sr-74 "essentials kit" on the W9 site but I don't see it there now.:shrug:. This kit contained everything you need to upgrade. What type of cap does your Herc have under the plastic mouthpiece? I'm sure @THC SCIENTIFIC can advise.

dankity3

You will have the best of all worlds with the 71. The 71 ceramic rod heater is slightly hotter than that of the 74, so there is better battery life and less chance of burnt flavor. There was a sr-74 "essentials kit" on the W9 site but I don't see it there now.:shrug:. This kit contained everything you need to upgrade. What type of cap does your Herc have under the plastic mouthpiece? I'm sure @THC SCIENTIFIC can advise.
thanks for the quick reply! This is good news then :) I have the metal cap that covers the oil coil and the herc metal chamber. I do not have the adjustable air flow. I believe my herc sr71 is the initial release with the bare minimums that were released ( so no adjustable airflow, just a screen that covers the metal top & mouthpiece) I hope this helps describe it, and isnt confusing...sorry for not being able to provide a picture.

dankity3,

chingdaddy

I agree. Stick to the 71. All you really need to upgrade is the 3.7v rod and the shorter titanium coils both available on w9 website. This way you can switch it up how you like. I honestly prefer the 7.4v white rod set up. Only thing that I like is the shorter ti coil. Some people also like the spring loaded bottom cap. Unfortunately the one I got doesn't work. Eh, I'm proficient enough with reestablishing the contacts on the fly, so I actually like the old bottom. I can always get it going.

Vape Dr.

I have a SR-74 on my Persei.
How does the black rod at 3.7v compare to the white rod at 7.4v?
I hear the taste and vapor are better, but it takes longer to heat up.

Also curious if I can use my Cera 18650 3.7v batteries on the Persei. they are Orbtronic PD2900Mah 10 amp high drain.

@SamuraiSam that's a hell of an awesome collection you got!:rockon: so you would probably know! lol

Thanks guys, lovin the Persei!

@THC SCIENTIFIC I was going to order an O-phos yesterday, seen you changed the design, but there's no add to cart option. Are these not in stock yet?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Also curious if I can use my Cera 18650 3.7v batteries on the Persei. they are Orbtronic PD2900Mah 10 amp high drain.

@SamuraiSam that's a hell of an awesome collection you got!:rockon: so you would probably know! lol

Thanks guys, lovin the Persei!

@THC SCIENTIFIC I was going to order an O-phos yesterday, seen you changed the design, but there's no add to cart option. Are these not in stock yet?

@Hedonismbot and @Mynameismud can better answer the question with black vs white rods.

To me there is a drop in vapor production about 5-10% but increased taste and increase in heat up time. The 74 white rod we think is perfect. If you happen to get an iris v2 we are thinking of doing a 71 white rod for the 74. As for the ophos it will go on sale on Monday.

Last edited:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
@dankity3 just order 1-2 Ti coils. You can order the sr74 white rod also. That way if you don't like it you can always switch back. If you change completely to an sr74 there's no going back. I think the sr71 center pin design is better than the spring loaded one anyway... And AAF is not needed and a waste IMO...

?

3.7V rod better battery life, better taste, impossible to burn, oil lasts longer. But... It requires more work, patience and technique.

7.4V sr74 rod is closer to the 3.7V rod than the sr71 rod. So taste is closer and works easier but you can still burn

Hedonismbot

@Hedonismbot and @Mynameismud can better answer the question with black vs white rods.

To me there is a drop in vapor production about 5-10% but increased taste and increase in heat up time. The 74 white rod we think is perfect. If you happen to get an iris v2 we are thinking of doing a 71 white rod for the 74. As for the ophos it will go on sale on Monday.

@Vape Dr. Welcome to the Hercules club. I've been using my SR-71s as my daily driver since they came out last year. Here a is a chart that shows the different power levels of the different Hercules configurations (I've posted this a few times before):

7NKhljo.jpg

The regulars here know that I am a big proponent of high-powered Hercules vaping. I use SR-71 white rods exclusively now in my setups. The 40+ watt power level delivers clouds of vapor instantly and allows me to get very medicated in under a minute total (or I can sip tiny hits all day long). I do feather the power button a bit to modulate the power, but I can honestly say that in 16+ grams of concentrate that I've put through my Hercules that I haven't had a problem with burning ever. I'm somewhat of a THC lightweight and a gram of wax has been lasting me about 2 weeks. I consider my Hercules to be at least as THC efficient as my enano! :worms:

The SR-74 white rod at ~28 watts seems to work well for people and I forced myself to vape at that power level for a week using an Iris (god I miss my IRIS!!! :cry:). It worked OK but at the end of my trials I usually bumped the power level up to ~32 watts. Be aware tho, that the current SR-74 white rod doesn't pair up very well with the upcoming Iris v2 that is why @THC SCIENTIFIC mentioned that they are considering a 40 watt heating rod for the SR-74 just for Iris use.

All 3.7v black rods are 20 watts. I personally don't like screwing around at such a low power level trying to get a hit but many people here swear by them. @Mynameismud is our leading proponent of low power Hercules vaping and I see he has already weighed in :wave:.

Hedo

Last edited:

Vape Dr.

@dankity3 just order 1-2 Ti coils. You can order the sr74 white rod also. That way if you don't like it you can always switch back. If you change completely to an sr74 there's no going back. I think the sr71 center pin design is better than the spring loaded one anyway... And AAF is not needed and a waste IMO...

3.7V rod better battery life, better taste, impossible to burn, oil lasts longer. But... It requires more work, patience and technique.

7.4V sr74 rod is closer to the 3.7V rod than the sr71 rod. So taste is closer and works easier but you can still burn
@Mynameismud Thank you, I prefer better taste and lasting longer. I don't mind a little work. the no burning will be nice when I vape my Persei with my friends.

@Vape Dr. Welcome to the Hercules club. I've been using my SR-71s as my daily driver since they came out last year. Here a is a chart that shows the different power levels of the different Hercules configurations (I've posted this a few times before):

7NKhljo.jpg

The regulars here know that I am a big proponent of high-powered Hercules vaping. I use SR-71 white rods exclusively now in my setups. The 40+ watt power level delivers clouds of vapor instantly and allows me to get very medicated in under a minute total (or I can sip tiny hits all day long). I do feather the power button a bit to modulate the power, but I can honestly say that in 16+ grams of concentrate that I've put through my Hercules that I haven't had a problem with burning ever. I'm somewhat of a THC lightweight and a gram of wax has been lasting me about 2 weeks. I consider my Hercules to be at least as THC efficient as my enano! :worms:

The SR-74 white rod at ~28 watts seems to work well for people and I forced myself to vape at that power level for a week using an Iris (god I miss my IRIS!!! :cry:). It worked OK but at the end of my trials I usually bumped the power level up to ~32 watts. Be aware tho, that the current SR-74 white rod doesn't pair up very well with the upcoming Iris v2 that is why @THC SCIENTIFIC mentioned that they are considering a 40 watt heating rod for the SR-74 just for Iris use.

All 3.7v black rods are 20 watts. I personally don't like screwing around at such a low power level trying to get a hit but many people here swear by them. @Mynameismud is our leading proponent of low power Hercules vaping and I see he has already weighed in :wave:.

Hedo

@Hedonismbot Thank you for the info, The chart it is very helpful, as I am new to concentrates and need to get the proper ohm and volts with the different setups. I am very interested in the Iris, is it the same as the 8? I told Gary he got me addicted to his products:tup: and I'm extremely interested in getting a Hercules SR-71 if they are still available (they seem to be a fan favorite).

On the SR-74, should I cover the 3 holes on the bottom of the top piece with the star washer so it doesn't leak through? Or do I want to keep those holes open?:hmm:

@THC SCIENTIFIC Thanks for the heads up Gary! Yur the man. Is there anything else that's going to be on sale? I'm in a buying mood:)

I appreciate the help from all you guys, watching this thread I should be the master of my Persei in no time!:rockon:

@SamuraiSam You sir are the man! Awesome collection and great videos! Thank you so much for sharing that, now I need a nibbler!

Caligula

Maximus
On the SR-74, should I cover the 3 holes on the bottom of the top piece with the star washer so it doesn't leak through? Or do I want to keep those holes open?:hmm:

That washer is to impede airflow, its to prevent leaking of oil into the reclaim chamber. As I was trying to get to in the Omicron thread before @THC SCIENTIFIC asked us to take it here, you need to set your Hercules on its side to prevent leaking while storing a loaded cart. Even the most stable shatter will (very slowly) flow at even very moderate room temps (68-72°F in my experience). That means its going to leak down due to gravity eventually no matter what unless you freeze it... something I would suggest avoiding since it would impart moisture into your oil via condensation.

Long story short, do proper cool down pulls (for up to a minute or more if needed) and store the unit on its side. You shouldn't get any more leaking unless you overload it. Yes some oil will move to the wall of the upper chamber, but itll melt back down in short order.

Vape Dr.

Top Bottom