Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

caporoot

Vapor > Smoke
I'm having @caproot issue. If I load it heavy like in @Caligula picture, the oil splatters in my mouth, and most of it ends up sliding into the bottom chamber rather than ending up in my lungs. Please help me make this work, because there isn't anything better out there.
Frustrating isn't it? Especially after reading so much positive about the product!

Just a heads up, I personally solved the splatter issue by buying a set of 3-5 silicone mouthpiece tips :) hope this helps!

caporoot,
Reactions: Vape Dr.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
@Mynameismud I want to get the best EO vape I can for right now. But I want a quality unit. I'm sure in a few weeks after I get it I will be getting attachments as I become more familiar with the unit.
As I said, this is unchartered territory for me.:hmm:
That's why I'm looking to all you for your input and help.

PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR :2c: EVERYONE. I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
I started with an Omicron and the EO(older carts) carts. I loved it. But it has it's drawbacks (learning curve, loading, clogging). When the KISS cart came out I jumped in with both feet. I may not use the EO carts again. I do have a new one available if I do decide to use it for stealth.
I have since moved on to the Persei. I love it too. The Persei IMO is just the more versatile tool with so many options available for every vaping desire. I bought the newer style (v2 top). I did buy a Double top from @Sleepin in CA :wave:, but I probably won't use if for the double barrel feature. That was to provide larger clouds with the EO carts. I will use it as a back up. Just to be clear the double top WILL NOT FIT 2 KISS CARTS! The older stock may not have batteries that are as fresh ( not sure if that is really true just speculation on my part). The Herc is the best option for a cart that has a larger capacity, and will outlast all the others. Just be sure when you decide to go for the Herc, there is a learning curve that can be very frustrating but SO WORTH IT!
It can be a bumpy road, but the destination is well worth it.

Vape Dr.

I started with an Omicron and the EO(older carts) carts. I loved it. But it has it's drawbacks (learning curve, loading, clogging). When the KISS cart came out I jumped in with both feet. I may not use the EO carts again. I do have a new one available if I do decide to use it for stealth.
I have since moved on to the Persei. I love it too. The Persei IMO is just the more versatile tool with so many options available for every vaping desire. I bought the newer style (v2 top). I did buy a Double top from @Sleepin in CA :wave:, but I probably won't use if for the double barrel feature. That was to provide larger clouds with the EO carts. I will use it as a back up. Just to be clear the double top WILL NOT FIT 2 KISS CARTS! The older stock may not have batteries that are as fresh ( not sure if that is really true just speculation on my part). The Herc is the best option for a cart that has a larger capacity, and will outlast all the others. Just be sure when you decide to go for the Herc, there is a learning curve that can be very frustrating but SO WORTH IT!
It can be a bumpy road, but the destination is well worth it.

Thank you so much @DieHard. That's exactly the kind of review I'm looking for. Also, thank you, good to know 2 kiss carts will not work on the double cart. So from what I'm hearing on hear and PMs is the newer version with the kiss cart is the way to go.
And once I get used to it, the Hercules attachment will be a game changer.
So I MUST THANK YOU ALL!
FC is the best. I did not get one conflicting story (talking to a few people on private convo too) so I know I'm getting it straight.
Thanks guys so much. I think its safe to say the new version is the way to go.
Also there are several very sweet attachments for it as well so I have a lot to look forward to.

THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH! I'M PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS COMMUNITY!
:tup:

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@THC SCIENTIFIC, I am looking for a great portable vape for oil, dabs, maybe wax. I want the best portable, no extra attachments, just a stellar portable oil/dab vape for on the go. I'm hearing good things about the persei with the kiss cartridge.
@Vape Dr. my setup is the Black Persei. I went this route because of the stealth of the black SS kit in shorty mode with a KISS, is a great portable setup with a battery that lasts for a long time, I don't need to carry a spare all day.

When I am at home in the evenings I use the Hercules and Nibbler XL with the standard tube at 7.4V.

I really like the Chrome finish of the V1 and V2 Persei! But there is no Chrome SS kit so beware. The Chrome is such a pretty e-cig setup with the Kanger Protank... I chose both, in the end.

Personally I would get the old V1 Persei kit on sale, with the double top. Take the money you save.. and Throw away the included 5 ohm cartridges and all the batteries and buy new (2 or 4) AW 18350 and 2 18650 batteries, a 3.7V Ti KISS cart, and if you want to you could try some of the EO carts (the new stock you'd order currently are a bit improved over the ones that'll come in that old box, in my experience).

Maybe I'm lucky but I had a drastically shorter learning curve with the Herc than the EO carts. i had so many that tasted metallic-y and caused me to lose grams of oil. With the Hercules, the few times I've had leaking and such into the bottom chamber I very easily wipe up all the oil and put it right back in, still tastes awesome. The KISS and Hercules both perform every single time for me.

I am totally sold on the 18490/500 battery as the best batt for the Persei. The 18350's don't last long with the Herc, especially when passing it around a group of friends, sessioning with the Nib. The 490's last longer enough to be worth the extra length and it's not super awkward. The baton of two 650's topped with the Nib is too long and is a bit awkward to pass around.

@THC SCIENTIFIC, I believe there is money to be made if you carried the AW 18490's and advertised that the SS kit mini tube when stacked will let you use them! And if you happened to make an "SS" tube for the 18490, that would just be icing on the cake. Already I am quite tempted to try to make one myself, but I couldn't possibly match the finish.

Last edited:

Severmore

@Vape Dr. If you wait three weeks you can get the newer Persei with tops better fit for the Hercules. Does that help?

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still slightly confused though. Can the new V3 Persei kit be used with one 18650? Or does it need the additional Persei SS kit? Also, can I use other high discharge 18650 batteries such as the sony VTC4/5s? Finally will w9tech still be offering the 20% off deal once the new tops are in?

Thanks in advance

Severmore,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Thanks for the heads up. I'm still slightly confused though. Can the new V3 Persei kit be used with one 18650? Or does it need the additional Persei SS kit? Also, can I use other high discharge 18650 batteries such as the sony VTC4/5s? Finally will w9tech still be offering the 20% off deal once the new tops are in?

Thanks in advance

The Persei can be used with any 18650 you wish. The only thing you need to consider is what attachment you are using when using the batteries you have.

Example a Trustfire protected battery can not handle a Hercules SR series, Bender and maybe a Ti Kiss.

Now i hear the VTC4/5's can handle a lot of amps, but they also have protection circuits? They can be used but its best to use AW IMR as they are the best.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC yes I am using the black rod. The Herc does get plenty hot.

Plenty hot doesn't mean vaporization. I have to say for a human can't tell the difference between 300F and 450F

I pmed caporoot about a possible solution. It should be here in 7-10 days.

But I can for 99% be sure I know what the issue is. As the stainless expands the rod becomes loose and the connection required to carry the high amps is no more. Allowing enough current to get the Herc hot but not enough current to reach vape temps.

The part was prototyped to forgive users a bit more when the rod isn't seated at the correct depth. This means the user can make a bit more mistake and still allow the Hercules to work.

Vape Dr.

@215z are you using the black rod?

@Caligula are you using the white rod?

@Vape Dr. If you wait three weeks you can get the newer Persei with tops better fit for the Hercules. Does that help?

Yes @THC SCIENTIFIC absolutely!
that's why your the man!
If I bought one now with the kiss cart, could I buy the new kiss cart when it comes out?
OR, are you telling me there's a brand new persei coming out in 3 weeks!!!!

Vape Dr.,

herbivore21

Vape Dr. The top THC SCIENTIFIC refers to is the part that screws onto the battery with the power button on it. A new one is arriving soon which fixes an issue some people have had with the previous tops. The KISS cart is a part you attach to the top, they are separate things :)

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yes @THC SCIENTIFIC absolutely!
that's why your the man!
If I bought one now with the kiss cart, could I buy the new kiss cart when it comes out?
OR, are you telling me there's a brand new persei coming out in 3 weeks!!!!

Not a brand new Persei but more of the next generation tops with the Persei. Even if you purchase a Persei today if it goes bad the newer tops will be made available to you because we incorporate the newer tops in our repair line.

As far as kiss cart they are all the same. Unless your speaking of the next generation which should go into production soon.

@Caligula black rod and white rod both have different amounts of fill levels. Hope this explains.

Vape Dr.

Not a brand new Persei but more of the next generation tops with the Persei. Even if you purchase a Persei today if it goes bad the newer tops will be made available to you because we incorporate the newer tops in our repair line.

As far as kiss cart they are all the same. Unless your speaking of the next generation which should go into production soon.

@Caligula black rod and white rod both have different amounts of fill levels. Hope this explains.

I couldn't agree with @herbivore21 more!
I just looked at your website and will be ordering one tomorrow. I know I'm in good hands, and will get the inside scoop. Plus all the sweet attachments that I can get for when I feel I've mastered it and deserve a new attachment (I hear great things about the nibbler & Hercules). Thank you @THC SCIENTIFIC sincerely,
You good Sir Rock!:rockon:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks guys please understand we do have issues with the tops not being 100% but we are working on it and the next variation should fix most of the issues. The final issue we think could persist if the center pin upgrade does not fix it will be implemented a few months from now.

This issue has happened to about 28 people from the thousands of Persei units, but we are leaning towards the fact the cause was the center pin. So all issues should be fixed with this up coming tops that should go into production soon.

herbivore21

I couldn't agree with @herbivore21 more!
I just looked at your website and will be ordering one tomorrow. I know I'm in good hands, and will get the inside scoop. Plus all the sweet attachments that I can get for when I feel I've mastered it and deserve a new attachment (I hear great things about the nibbler & Hercules). Thank you @THC SCIENTIFIC sincerely,
You good Sir Rock!:rockon:
Well decided my friend, I ordered mine last week with every attachment I could point my mouse at lol

Gary has been great with keeping me up to date as well as personally answering a lot of questions via pm's/skype. Both of us will be vaping oils on the go in no time I'm sure :D

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
The Persei can be used with any 18650 you wish. The only thing you need to consider is what attachment you are using when using the batteries you have.

Example a Trustfire protected battery can not handle a Hercules SR series, Bender and maybe a Ti Kiss.

Now i hear the VTC4/5's can handle a lot of amps, but they also have protection circuits? They can be used but its best to use AW IMR as they are the best.
Sony VTC 5 is 30 amps, 2600mAh, unprotected.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
speaking of unprotected batteries something about condom's makes me feel safer even after birth control, and still I only use sony vt4 and 5's over my AW; makes the sr-74 run for days :razz:

Totally understand but there is a reason why Li ion batteries need protection circuits.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Vape Dr.

Thanks guys please understand we do have issues with the tops not being 100% but we are working on it and the next variation should fix most of the issues. The final issue we think could persist if the center pin upgrade does not fix it will be implemented a few months from now.

This issue has happened to about 28 people from the thousands of Persei units, but we are leaning towards the fact the cause was the center pin. So all issues should be fixed with this up coming tops that should go into production soon.
When I order my persei, can I order an extra kiss cart? are they available? I did not see them separate on your website. Do you have a phone number to order as well?
Thank you Sir.

Vape Dr.,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
A little cheaper at http://www.kidneypuncher.com/sony-us18650vtc5-2600-mah/

When I order my persei, can I order an extra kiss cart? are they available? I did not see them separate on your website. Do you have a phone number to order as well?
Thank you Sir.
You somehow missed both the "Titanium KISS" and "Cartridges" categories on their site, dude! http://www.w9tech.com/cartridges/ lists all the UP tech carts.

Check that left column a little more closely to make sure you don't miss things like the good AW batteries, etc.

Just noticed a KISS globe $5 cheaper then the non Ti KISS cart... What's that guy?

SamuraiSam,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom