Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Maybe @THC SCIENTIFIC can answer. Are the black(3.7v) rods for the 74 the same resistance as the 71 black (3.7v) rod. What about the white? Is the only difference the bottom contact. TIA:)

DieHard,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Some times the rods from the 71 will work with the 74 because of the contact made on the walls of the center post, this is due to production variances that happen, but majority of the time it will no, that is why we have the bottom of the 74 rods as a additional contact point.

Now specs

Sr 71 black rod .9 +/-.2 ohms
Sr 71 White rod 1.7 +/- .2 ohms
Sr 74 Black rod .9 +/- .2 ohms
Sr 74 White Rod 2.3 +/- .2 ohms

gudiss

Some times the rods from the 71 will work with the 74 because of the contact made on the walls of the center post, this is due to production variances that happen, but majority of the time it will no, that is why we have the bottom of the 74 rods as a additional contact point.

Now specs

great info!! would be even better if all herc info such as this was able to be tagged, ending up in a herc "info file" or something. this way to obtain information one will not have to spend hours sifting thru conversations.??

how about if the nibbler xl was also offered in an acrylic version? maybe something a little more "action freindly". so if your not on the couch, lets say sailing or skiing or ........... it sould come along without being worried about breaking the expensive glass. if the acrylic piece was around $40 bucks or so that would be great. i am always so worried about this glass piece breaking!!-:shrug:

My black rod worked on my 74 center post and my black rod came from my 71. I removed immediately after reading it's not suppose to work. But it did work.. ?

i did the exact same thing!! while it did heat up, not sure if it was heating up correctly at proper temps

Last edited by a moderator:

masaki

Now specs

I'm ashamed that I ever doubted the black rod! :luv:

Last edited:
masaki,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm ashamed that I ever doubted the black rod! :luv:
Welcome to the club! Theres definitely a bit more of a technique to it some people either cant get the hang of it or are too impatient to put up with it. But once you get there, its hard to ever go back to the white rod.

Although im digging the new sr74 white rod quite a bit since i got it. Much nicer than the sr71 rod imo... But its soo much nicer using the herc and shorty tube.

One thing im noticing with the new ti coils in my sr71 is that they are slimmer and seem to move around quite a bit. With one coil the rod sticks out about a cm or so. But if i take a couple hits and open it up its up near the top of the tube??? Anyone else experience this?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Welcome to the club! Theres definitely a bit more of a technique to it some people either cant get the hang of it or are too impatient to put up with it. But once you get there, its hard to ever go back to the white rod.

Although im digging the new sr74 white rod quite a bit since i got it. Much nicer than the sr71 rod imo... But its soo much nicer using the herc and shorty tube.

One thing im noticing with the new ti coils in my sr71 is that they are slimmer and seem to move around quite a bit. With one coil the rod sticks out about a cm or so. But if i take a couple hits and open it up its up near the top of the tube??? Anyone else experience this?

That's because air flow and the coil not getting hot enough to allow air to pass through. A little longer on the heat up time and slower pull does the trick.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
I also get this issue which is why I was asking about using 2 coils.
Initially I used two coils, but the heat up was too long for me (the rod is totally below the coils so the whole unit needs to get hash-melting hot before you get anything) and when it did heat up the coils would slide and mash melty errl into the to of the unit. I even tried to add the little handle from the ss coils- no change.Now I use one coil, and take it super slow, and everything is fine. Even when the coil rides up a little the unit does not seem to leak, unlike with my experience of the ss coils. I just push it down when I am done with the sess. I dont even remove the top cap, just the mouthpiece.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
:suspicious: Ok... I can't take it anymore, I am now gonna have to field-strip and clean my SR-71 and try the black rod again. I originally bought it to use it with my Omicron V2.xx (obviously that didn't work). I am a "flavor chaser" so it sounds right up my alley.:mmmm: That means I still don't get to play with the 74 "essentials" yet. My black rod is for 71. I guess I can use the AAF. And a Ti coil too. :D

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
I have been lurking on this thread for some time . And I must say I love my PERSEI/KISS. But with all this talk about flavor and sr71/sr74 . I can't wait to pull the trigger on my next order sr74/ss kit/ more batts/t1 gr2 . Guess I better start saving my $$$ . Excuse me for babbling totally vaped .Guess i'll crawl back into my vapor cloud lol

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Initially I used two coils, but the heat up was too long for me (the rod is totally below the coils so the whole unit needs to get hash-melting hot before you get anything) and when it did heat up the coils would slide and mash melty errl into the to of the unit. I even tried to add the little handle from the ss coils- no change.Now I use one coil, and take it super slow, and everything is fine. Even when the coil rides up a little the unit does not seem to leak, unlike with my experience of the ss coils. I just push it down when I am done with the sess. I dont even remove the top cap, just the mouthpiece.
Yeah never had the sliding issue with the SS coils though. I did have leaking when i first tried the TI coil, but no leaking since. Just riding up..Im gonna try and let it heat a few seconds before i inhale and see if that stops its
:suspicious: Ok... I can't take it anymore, I am now gonna have to field-strip and clean my SR-71 and try the black rod again. I originally bought it to use it with my Omicron V2.xx (obviously that didn't work). I am a "flavor chaser" so it sounds right up my alley.:mmmm: That means I still don't get to play with the 74 "essentials" yet. My black rod is for 71. I guess I can use the AAF. And a Ti coil too. :D

Im not a fan of the AAF, but you can certainly use both with the black rod in the 71. Just a couple things to keep in mind, you want to make sure theres a layer of oil on top of the coil and rod (both melted in the coil for the buffer and a layer of oil on top as well) i found it works best this way. You also want to preheat it for about 2 to 4 secs before inhaling, then puff on it a few times without inhaling till you start seeing vapor as you puff then inhale normally. Thats how i get the best results with the black rod. I tried to make it the description as easy as possible if you need more in depth help feel free to pm me.

I agree with @Caligula though. Sr74 white rod is a huge improvement over the 71 white rod. I have yet to get close to a harsh hit or burning and ive really ran the button hard. I was scared i wouldnt like the 74 rod as much as the 71 because the 71 had such great power but if i had to order a replacement rod right now i would go with the 74 at this point. The only reason i still like the black rod is because it can be used on the SS tube. But the burning and taste difference isnt a huge a gap between the 74 and black rod as it was with the 71 and white rod

Last edited:

gudiss

Yeah never had the sliding issue with the SS coils though. I did have leaking when i first tried the TI coil, but no leaking since. Just riding up..Im gonna try and let it heat a few seconds before i inhale and see if that stops its

Im not a fan of the AAF, but you can certainly use both with the black rod in the 71. Just a couple things to keep in mind, you want to make sure theres a layer of oil on top of the coil and rod (both melted in the coil for the buffer and a layer of oil on top as well) i found it works best this way. You also want to preheat it for about 2 to 4 secs before inhaling, then puff on it a few times without inhaling till you start seeing vapor as you puff then inhale normally. Thats how i get the best results with the black rod. I tried to make it the description as easy as possible if you need more in depth help feel free to pm me.

I agree with @Caligula though. Sr74 white rod is a huge improvement over the 71 white rod. I have yet to get close to a harsh hit or burning and ive really ran the button hard. I was scared i wouldnt like the 74 rod as much as the 71 because the 71 had such great power but if i had to order a replacement rod right now i would go with the 74 at this point. The only reason i still like the black rod is because it can be used on the SS tube. But the burning and taste difference isnt a huge a gap between the 74 and black rod as it was with the 71 and white rod

my experience with the 74 rod was nice taste right after loading, but not very impressed with the taste after a few initial pulls.

gudiss,

jeffzorz

I started loading one coil, melting the material, stacking more on top and than loading the second coil. works like a champ

jeffzorz,
Reactions: gudiss

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
my experience with the 74 rod was nice taste right after loading, but not very impressed with the taste after a few initial pulls.

Hmm thats seems odd to me, more in line with my sr71 experience. Are you using 1 coil, how much are you loading? Im thinking not enough based on that description

Mynameismud,

gudiss

Hmm thats seems odd to me, more in line with my sr71 experience. Are you using 1 coil, how much are you loading? Im thinking not enough based on that description

hi mud-
i was using one coil with the sr74 7.4v rod! i definately had enough material in the chamber. maybe i was laying on the button to long and burned the material? i did end up with a lot of oil in the lower chamber until i started holding the cart horizontal while priming. realistically, using either the 7.4 or 3.7 rod(s) i need to prime/ heat the unit about a good 30-40 seconds before i get real clouds and not wispy pulls.

gudiss,

Caligula

Maximus
I agree, mudd.

Once you eat through the oil on top of the coil you get into the buffer and that stuff can have an off flavor because its typically older and has had umpteen heat cycles done to it. You should be reloading before that happens ideally, anyway.

That being said I FINALLY got some extra cash so I could buy more eerl. I havent had a chance to run the 74 through the ringer, so I cant wait to really experiment with it.

Got a sampler pack of Secret Cup entries on the way! Sadly Rump Wax is raping people on prices ($60/g at a frigging cup event? Common...) so I didnt get any of their stuff, ahem... @Sleepin in CA

@gudiss 40 seconds is too long to heat up a Herc, IMO Have you tested your cart with a DMM to make sure its assembled properly? It sounds like your unit isnt putting out full power to the rod.

vakedcow

Gentle cow vaper and halloween kiddo
2.4 Cart with BLOND CRUMBLE extracted without solvent.
No flower just the PERSEI today!

K.I.S.S. cart with SHATTER very modern! You know how to medicate!

sounds like great food for the persei!
Did you pick that solventless up or do you have a read for that?

vakedcow,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
sounds like great food for the persei!
Did you pick that solventless up or do you have a read for that?
This one I have to buy.
JOLLY FARMS dispensary!

I like my homemade shatter best however I need a lot of colas to make it!

ataxian,

gudiss

I agree, mudd.

Once you eat through the oil on top of the coil you get into the buffer and that stuff can have an off flavor because its typically older and has had umpteen heat cycles done to it. You should be reloading before that happens ideally, anyway.

That being said I FINALLY got some extra cash so I could buy more eerl. I havent had a chance to run the 74 through the ringer, so I cant wait to really experiment with it.

Got a sampler pack of Secret Cup entries on the way! Sadly Rump Wax is raping people on prices ($60/g at a frigging cup event? Common...) so I didnt get any of their stuff, ahem... @Sleepin in CA

@gudiss 40 seconds is too long to heat up a Herc, IMO Have you tested your cart with a DMM to make sure its assembled properly? It sounds like your unit isnt putting out full power to the rod.

it is a sr74! can this be put together wrong? i thought with the re-designed centerpost assembly issues went bye bye??

gudiss,
Top Bottom