Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I copied what you showed for the sr74 it fits flush but doesn't heat up
20140218_123630_zps4659657f.jpg~320x480
thith

Pull the rod out a little more. Like 1 mm

@jeffzorz The other thing could be causing it is the center post can i see the center post?

I want to see whats inside.

Last edited:
THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

jeffzorz

basically in order for it to work I have to leave it like this
20140218_123653_zps847cfeae.jpg~320x480
and than only tighten this much
20140218_112103_zpsc9d18570.jpg~320x480
if I tighten any more the rod looks like this and doesn't heat
20140218_123630_zps4659657f.jpg~320x480

jeffzorz,

ED421

Ok gentlemen, what exactly would the new Iris do for me? I'm currently loving the 7.4v SR74 on my Persei. How does the Iris affect the SR74s performance? Would it just allow me to lower the voltage? Why would I want to do that? I'm particularly curious to hear from people who've got the Iris V1.

Caligula

Maximus
Ok gentlemen, what exactly would the new Iris do for me? I'm currently loving the 7.4v SR74 on my Persei. How does the Iris affect the SR74s performance? Would it just allow me to lower the voltage? Why would I want to do that? I'm particularly curious to hear from people who've got the Iris V1.

@Hedonismbot

itschad

Hard to tell only way is if we diagnose the top.

Guys on a side note

Almost ready we never gave up. Can't show you the other prototype next to it but be ready for the onslaught of innovation.

ooo that's pretty :o

I wanna be on the order list for that puppy!

also I feel bad for burning through so many tops :'(

Hey also, a friend has an omicron and was looking at getting a core + SR71 but wanted me to ask if that was a viable setup or not first

itschad,

ED421

I believe I have seen Hedonismbot talk about using his SR-something at a lower voltage but my understanding is he's one of the few who does that. Personally my tolerance is through the roof (I've put about 4-5 grams through my less than two week old SR74) so I'm interested in more power rather than less (within reason, no burning please!). I love giving G my money but I'm not sure if the Iris fits my needs. Is there any other use for it other then dialing down the power on my Hercules? Can I use it to switch between different ohm KISS or Omi carts without switching batteries? I'm just trying to figure out wether the Iris is going on my Want list or my Need list.

masaki

I liked using my Sr71 at 6.5v-6.7v on my core, it produced good flavor w/o sacrificing clouds! I havent gotten much experience with the black rod at 4 volts but the little testing I did it made a difference. The Bender is my favorite with variable voltage I start off with a low voltage then kick it up between stirs. I have no experience with a iris but I can only imagine how kick ass it is!

After cleaning my center post on my okeanos and loading it with extra small dabs, I've been able to keep from clogging! It will plug up between session but nothing you cant suck out.. :lol:

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Hey also, a friend has an omicron and was looking at getting a core + SR71 but wanted me to ask if that was a viable setup or not first

They'd need some sort of persei top too .. they could pick up a hammer top. That would actually be a sweet setup cause you could turn the voltage way down, click the hammer top on and do long slow tasty rips.

MileHighLife,

Hedonismbot

I believe I have seen Hedonismbot talk about using his SR-something at a lower voltage but my understanding is he's one of the few who does that. Personally my tolerance is through the roof (I've put about 4-5 grams through my less than two week old SR74) so I'm interested in more power rather than less (within reason, no burning please!). I love giving G my money but I'm not sure if the Iris fits my needs. Is there any other use for it other then dialing down the power on my Hercules? Can I use it to switch between different ohm KISS or Omi carts without switching batteries? I'm just trying to figure out wether the Iris is going on my Want list or my Need list.

Well... I don't know what the specs of the new v2 Iris are but the original Iris only allowed voltage, and hence power, to be reduced (it only could be set up to 7.4 volts max). So if you're a SR-74 owner who is looking for more power then it may not help you. We'll have to wait and see when G announces the specs of the v2.

Now I'll get on my soap box... The original SR-71 white rod was 40+ watts with freshly charged batteries. Some folks felt this was a little too beastly. But this high power level matched up great with the Iris v1 since the Iris allowed one to dial it down to a more manageable level. In using the Iris v1 / SR-71 white rod combo over the past 4 months or so with a lot of different waxes I find that I most often use 32-35 watts of power for vaping. This tames the beast a bit but still keeps the oil engine humming (the solid / liquid / vapor cycle). Too little power and I'm left with clumps of wax above the coil and a too long warm up time, too much power and oil starts leaking into the bottom chamber and the vapor gets a harsh (burnt?) taste. Softer concentrates would vape nicely at about 30 watts the most difficult to vape waxes would take the full battery power without the Iris.

Now the SR-71 matchup with the v1 Iris was just about perfect in another way too. To get to the 35 watt level with the v1 Iris I needed to set the voltage to 7.0-7.2 volts, close to the Iris voltage limit. This also represented 5 amps of current which is close to the limit that the Iris can handle. Perfect.

IIRC, G stated the power level of the SR-74 is 30W. I was afraid that this would not be enough to keep me happy. So my reaction to the SR-74 was to order a 3rd SR-71 just before they disappeared (I think I got PlanetVape's last one) and I'm in the process of getting a bunch of spare parts to keep the SR-71s alive as long as I can.

Anyway, I offer this as my opinion based on my experience and I know there are (many?) people who would disagree with me so just take this as a data point. But doesn't it make sense that if you have a variable voltage top that can reduce the power level that you start off with the highest power starting point?

Hedo

I liked using my Sr71 at 6.5v-6.7v on my core, it produced good flavor w/o sacrificing clouds!

That voltage level, 6.5-6.7v represents 28-30 watts.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ooo that's pretty :o

I wanna be on the order list for that puppy!

also I feel bad for burning through so many tops :'(

The Omicron can handle the SR71 or 74 only when its a hvd top and used with the Core.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Well I added a Nibbler xl o ring to the top and bottom of the tube that says "Okeanos". Though I did just finally clog at around 1.2 ish. Not a large one though....easily cleaned.

=)

I should add I used aftermarket o rings if it matters 906 S70

Sleepin in CA,

illmatik

Okeanos is back up and running:rockon:. After implementing the o ring fix I suggested for @StickyShisha (I used two) I am able to load more, and get larger rips without clogging. Haven't had a clog in a gram so far.

Love this thing so much. :love::luv::love: Males me feel all :smug:

I thought your heating element died? Did you get a replacement?

illmatik,

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
Yeah , I know your pain. Did you file a ticket? I thought yours died in the first 24hrs?

Sleepin in CA,

illmatik

Cmon @THC SCIENTIFIC - Can you not pull a heating element from one of the Okeanos you have for sale?

Wouldn't it be better to take care of the customer who's already payed and is not having a good experience? You'll get replacements in March and you can sell the Okeanos then. At least I won't be here brewing in bitterness because my device is in a drawer while everyone else is enjoying it.

I'm also not happy that I have to come on these FC forums just to find out what the hell is going on. I filed a ticket last Weds. Was told I would here back "within a few days" and I have to come on here to find out that shipments will come in March.

Does one really have to be an inhabitant of this forum to use your devices? I would have had no way of knowing how to fill the Okeanos or that it needs an o-ring had I not came on here. Additionally I would have no idea what's going on with the ticket I filed without coming on here either because nobody has even attempted to contact me.

For all this stuff I hear about great customer service I'm seriously not seeing it at all. I've done business myself and when my customer is left with a product that doesn't work you're supposed to do whatever you can to fix it. At the least you're supposed to contact me and let me know what's going on. How does anyone expect me to be happy with my purchase?

illmatik,

illmatik

Cmon @THC SCIENTIFIC - Can you not pull a heating element from one of the Okeanos you have for sale?

Wouldn't it be better to take care of the customer who's already payed and is not having a good experience? You'll get replacements in March and you can sell the Okeanos then. At least I won't be here brewing in bitterness because my device is in a drawer while everyone else is enjoying it.

I'm also not happy that I have to come on these FC forums just to find out what the hell is going on. I filed a ticket last Weds. Was told I would here back "within a few days" and I have to come on here to find out that shipments will come in March.

Does one really have to be an inhabitant of this forum to use your devices? I would have had no way of knowing how to fill the Okeanos or that it needs an o-ring had I not came on here. Additionally I would have no idea what's going on with the ticket I filed without coming on here either because nobody has even attempted to contact me.

For all this stuff I hear about great customer service I'm seriously not seeing it at all. I've done business myself and when my customer is left with a product that doesn't work you're supposed to do whatever you can to fix it. At the least you're supposed to contact me and let me know what's going on. How does anyone expect me to be happy with my purchase?

And find me a person who would pay $100 for an Okeanos and give away their only heating element to another "friend".

I call BS.

Last edited:
illmatik,
Top Bottom