Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
IIRC, titanium has a (much?) higher heat capacity than stainless steel. I'm no thermal physicist, but I would assume this means that (much?) more heat energy is going to be required to get Ti to the same temp as SS.

Now, I dont have the Ti coils yet (still waiting on shipping) however my plan of attack would be to pulse the power over a longer period of time to warm up the cart without overheating the oil. Basically, you want to use less power over a longer period of time in order to allow the coils to absorb enough heat energy to liquify your concentrate without burning the stuff close to the rod.

Maybe it would be even better for Core owners to lower the voltage when "priming" the Hercules, then bump it back up to 7.4v or whatever once things start to flow nicely?

Does that make any sense?

Exactly right and exactly what I do.
It does take a bit longer to heat the coils yes but at the same time it improves taste and is a lot more healthy. A trade off we are willing to accept.

I am also willing to accept it. I wasn't complaining. It took me a few sessions to get used to it, but the sr-74 stretches the oil even more. I am loving it. I find that it handles heavy loading better than the 71 so you can kind of game that warm up lag by having some extra oil in there. 3 grams deep and no leaks yet. The TI coils soak up much more oil than the ss. I was not an ss hater, but I have to admit the flavor of the 74 is superior.

odogg

Elevate.
I'm waiting get my TI coils so I can get my sr71 going again. I just think there's something about the consistency of the "cut" when you have to "cut" the original SS oil coils down. I want to see if this will change with the factory cut TI coils. Im hoping the oil will feed much better if the coils come precut and now being titanium I'm sure taste is to improve

odogg,
Reactions: Caligula

itschad

Got my replacement caps in!

Do you think it's safe to use my SR71 with the broken center post? it still has 3 of the 4 prongs...

itschad,
Reactions: Caligula

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
G just gave me some great customer support on my persei on skype. Gunna be getting a herc soon enough.

Now where is @Mynameismud to tell me why he loves the 3.7v. I've been using the cera EO and I'm thinking of retiring that and going with the herc since I can actually clean it.

Also, any of you guys using the herc as an herb vape? Or do you think I should just leave it to just oils and use the pax or firefly or something for herbs. I don't mind using the herc for oil only, but if I can truly switch between either and have a worth while experience with herbs in it cool. If I'll enjoy the firefly or pax more...then I'll have no problem with that either. Oil is its intended purpose, herb would be a bonus.
Woah sorry for the late rely.

Im in the minority, but i find it very easy to burn the oil or get a burnt taste with the old 7.4V white rod. Im not sure if thats still an issue with the new sr74 white rod. You get the most amazing taste with 3.7V and still get pretty decent rips. Plus longer battery life Oh and the fact you can use it with the SS tube!

It does take a little more work and technique but i can help you out if you do go that route or get both rods?

As for leaf, i kept my cera for LL. You can use the 3.7v with leaf but its not the best. Theres also the bender but its not that portable

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
put about 1.5 grams of gsc shatter through it, loving it. how often do I need to clean the herc?
When it clogs......or when you feel like it. Whichever comes first. I usually do it every 4 grams or so, but I'm anal retentive about sterilization. Don't forget to clean your rod too! Just assemble herc without coils and burn 20 seconds on at a time until it glows red and the rod is white.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
put about 1.5 grams of gsc shatter through it, loving it. how often do I need to clean the herc?

That depends.. I find that I need to do little maintenance cleanups all the time to keep every thing working prime (Iso wipe the parts in the lower chamber to remove any residue). The only time I ever clean the top chamber is if oil starts to migrate down into the threaded collar assembly and gunk up the contacts. I have had to do that twice in six months - 2 units but it was the 7.4 v setup both times. 3.7 v doesn't leak nearly so much in my experience.

If I could figure out how to clean that collar without iso soaking the top chamber I might never clean that chamber. Maybe if you are scorching you might get some buildup but I haven't experienced that yet.

Vapvap

We asked to G. how to clean the SR74 : boil (15mn is ok) in water all metal and ceramic parts, and alcohol (iso for US people :)) soaking for all black and white parts (PTFE (Teflon) )

With the SR74, I find a good tech : 4/5 seconds pushing button -3 seconds release, and the push button and inhaling during about 5 seconds :)
And I love this machine more and more. I don't really know when I will take again my quartz nail !

Last edited:

Hedonismbot

One of my SR-71s was used exclusively with Co2 extracts (pure extracts, no adulterants like PG or VG). I put about 5 or 6 grams through it before the taste got kinda nasty. When I recently cleaned out the Herc I put the dirty oil coil in iso and soaked it overnight. The next day I boiled it in water for a bit. Then I filtered both the used iso and water through a paper towel. Now I'm not planning on reusing this oil coil, just doing a little :science: experiment. Here's what I wound up with:

J6nzvaq.jpg

I think all the little black specs were plant material in the original Co2 extract and probably caused the poor taste that developed. These extracts were all quite dark.

So, my rule of thumb is to clean the Herc if the taste deteriorates or (as was the case with my second Herc) oil starts leaking out of the air intake holes on the side of the lower chamber.

Hedo

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
We asked to G. how to clean the SR74 : boil (15mn is ok) in water all metal and ceramic parts, and alcohol (iso for US people :)) soaking for all black and white parts (PTFE (Teflon) )

I do not soak the ptfe parts at all because it fades the writing on the shell. You need those letters to know which end is up (it matters). I wipe them with an alcohol pad if necessary.

Caligula

Maximus
I do not soak the ptfe parts at all because it fades the writing on the shell. You need those letters to know which end is up (it matters). I wipe them with an alcohol pad if necessary.

Could always make your own mark. I have an old skool SR71 with the very light markings. Impossible to see in low light conditions. I simply made a small indentation on the side that goes down, so now I can know if its correct even in complete darkness.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Yeah, the shell writing is very faint. I look at the threads on the ends of the tube. The side with finer threads goes down. If I don't pay my electric bill am in the dark like Caligula, it's pretty easy to tell within a couple of turns that it's backwards.

syrupy,
Reactions: ataxian

Hedonismbot

Here's what I have lined up to feed my newly cleaned SR-71s:

XDIN6Bz.jpg

Here are the labels if anyone is interested. All honeycombs and crumbles. (Didn't XXX OG just win some award?) The one labeled H.G.H Blue Dream was tested at 87% THC. The rest are untested (my dispensary is slacking off on the testing :cry: )

kUYCMbw.jpg

This stockpile should last me about 4 months if I used the Hercules exclusively. (I'm a lightweight remember! 80mg of THC a day - regardless of the vaporizer used.)

O.K. I'm going in. Wish me luck! Priming a SR-71 always gets me so medicated...

Hedo

itschad

Sorry to hear that. Did you test it with a DMM first?
nah, all my stuff was at the girlfriends and one wasn't available. oh well, too late now. I think I'm just gonna give up on the hercules though, I've had zero luck with the original or the SR71. Maybe when the SR74 upgrade finally comes in...

^ Wow that's some dark reclai

IMO, running herc on an old top without short protection is rolling the dice. Not that I haven't done that.
it was a refurb so im not sure it didnt have it

itschad,
Top Bottom