Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
818-849-6133

Got mine working like a champ at the moment. After unscrewing the above piece posted by G, I said fuck this, I don't know what I am doing with 2 flat head screwdrivers, and just put it all back together, and the rod(had a tiny bit of wax on it which now turned to vapor when button was pressed) now heats. I loaded the 40% coil back in and this yielded a monstorus hit!! Success!! Big, big tasty rips. Chokers if i want, on demand!! More feels after i get to play a bit more with this. After a bit of messing around, my persei/Herc is ripping like a champ!!

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
After cool down "hit", lay on side or keep vertical?
My old vape I used for on the go concentrates was about half the size of the Persei/Herc combo, so there will be some getting used to I imagine. Initial impression of the Persei/Herc is it provides superior taste, can get as big of a rip as you want it seems, but can sip it also. I like the "feel" of the handle and power button very much(especially when compared to the Cera).

Where should I check for leakage? Don't think I am just want to know where to peek.

MaxVapor

The Professor
Tried two different ones, one from D9 and one from a local headshop and both flopped. The LHS one didnt work period. The D9 one worked for maybe one or two pulls and then stopped. Cant be user error, as im not a novice to the persei.

But something im doing must be wrong, or WHAT is being used may be wrong. Maybe people are adding PROPYLENE GLYCOL to it (which also stands for PG)? But im only using Puregold, nothing added. Nothing else can be used except puregold. as there is nothing else here. and flower vapes dont work for me, just dont claim any awards in vapor production or intensity when needed. Never have worked to that extent.

I have also been having success with the CE4 (long wick from D9V) and Pure Gold (straight from the capsule nothing added). I loaded up 2 capsules to start and just started puffing. I used up about half the load in 2-3 weeks and added another capsule. I will say the hits are not huge, but I am getting a lot of hits 10 per day and a couple of weeks or so out out one capsule. I find if I medicate only with PG I get headaches too, so I switch between that and some wax in 2.4 carts.

@ataxian, do the CE4's ever leak if laid down for a long time. I notice your pics it's always on it's side but I worry about it flowing out the mouthpiece.

Good luck Porquiplane I wish I could give you better guidance, but for me it was load and go.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Also noticed my Adjustment tool doesn't fit the bottom of my Persei. Only one of the 2 "nubs" fit into the hole at a time.
Thats the steel end cap, right? the tool is not for that one. Unscrew it by hand and you will reveal the adjustable plate, which you cannot adjust without the tool (or two pens, which is a pain in the ass).

Patrick Hughes,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Thats the steel end cap, right? the tool is not for that one. Unscrew it by hand and you will reveal the adjustable plate, which you cannot adjust without the tool (or two pens, which is a pain in the ass).
No the black plastic cap where the adjustment tool goes. I used scissors like were mentioned.

Silver420Surfer,

asimplebeast

After cool down "hit", lay on side or keep vertical?
My old vape I used for on the go concentrates was about half the size of the Persei/Herc combo, so there will be some getting used to I imagine. Initial impression of the Persei/Herc is it provides superior taste, can get as big of a rip as you want it seems, but can sip it also. I like the "feel" of the handle and power button very much(especially when compared to the Cera).

Where should I check for leakage? Don't think I am just want to know where to peek.
Laying it on it's side hasn't really helped curb leaks for me, I also hit the SR-71 on it's side most of the time and I'm still getting leakage. From my experience you need to keep the coil firmly planted, don't use dead batteries, do cool down hits and that should help. If you have a leak happen, it's going to be in the metal chamber just above the insulator in the piece that reads Hercules SR-71. It's pretty easy to scrape everything out with a dabber and just throw it back in so don't worry too much.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Laying it on it's side hasn't really helped curb leaks for me, I also hit the SR-71 on it's side most of the time and I'm still getting leakage. From my experience you need to keep the coil firmly planted, don't use dead batteries, do cool down hits and that should help. If you have a leak happen, it's going to be in the metal chamber just above the insulator in the piece that reads Hercules SR-71. It's pretty easy to scrape everything out with a dabber and just throw it back in so don't worry too much.
Thanks for the reply! How often do you check for leaks?

asimplebeast

Too often, I've stopped checking so much because I noticed I get the most assembly problems after taking it apart and throwing it back together in a hurry and there's rarely a leak so it's not worth the trouble. I've gotten three leaks since owning the thing, but one leak came after lending it out to a friend for an afternoon. The one today I think is the result of a battery problem.

I should have mentioned that myself and some other users theorized that I was over-loading, but I think it's a recurring issue with one set of batteries not holding a charge and not heating the oil up to vaporization temperature.

EDIT: Just had the brilliant idea to test, yes test both sets of batteries using the Hammer, and they were both dead, confirming it was the batteries and not fucked assembly. I'm confident that's why it leaked today. I still think one set of batteries is f'd but I can't tell which is which because I've mixed them up. Label your battery sets, I know I just did :p

Last edited:

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Black rods are here.

Going on the site in 5 hours.

I guess "G" stands for God. Any news on a replacement piece to the one I broke? Can I get it shipped along with a black rod?

I check for leaks when I don't feel like loading more concentrate. If I'm sure that what I see / what has been produced doesn't account for what I loaded, I'll just take the heating chamber, remove the SS cap, heat the bottom section very well starting below the airholes then above them, and I set the whole thing upside down on a glass slider. Anything that has leaked will ooze out from the bottom after heat is applied. Sometimes it works too well and oil can come out the air holes. Just don't heat directly in to the holes and you should be fine.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I'm sorry just been to busy. But for sure I have it.

I just got home and once I get my kids to bed ill have a Hercules and Persei service package up so you can order spare parts.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Thanks, G! I'm guessing this means spare coils are going up too, now?

@Mynameismud @PhotoRider @BLAZING OG

You fellas have the black rods, right?

What coil sizes and consistencies do you find work best with the black rod?
I’m using the same coil size as my white rod - about 1/3 full size. Probably can add a little bit since it is easier to control, but I just replaced the rod and kept vaping...

Wax type, have not found a bad choice of BHO yet in mine. I use shatter most of the time. Unlike others units I don’t think a foil test is required on this baby. One of its many advantages due to the easy cleaning.

asimplebeast

I remember G mentioning that the black rod curbed user created leaks. Is this because when the batteries are low and you're using the black rod it won't heat enough to liquify the oil?

Last edited:
asimplebeast,
Reactions: Atomsk
Top Bottom