Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
I'm having a shit time, people.

Tops are fried, 2G's of $$$ wax unaccounted for, and I'm down two AW IMR 18350's just after purchasing two new ones.

There is some hope as G rather generously offered to drive down to San Diego and get me sorted out sometime this week. Hopefully I can scrounge up some more wax from somewhere so we can actually test the thing while he's here. I'm still pretty pissed I drove up to LA, was told the Herc I picked up will work, and then it didn't. And then it wastes my wax.

So now my questions:

How long should a gram of top shelf wax last in a Hercules?

If it's not vaping, Where is it all going?

The good news is, G, generously, says he will drive down to set me in order. Also, I finally saw some real action from my Hercules. The bad news is it took all the reclaim, the majority of my last gram of wax, and, after four hits, my single top fried. Then my dual top did, as well as one of my 18350's burning through it's casing.

I know I can't have vaped through a gram and a half of wax without noticing. I mean, that only in an Omi-cart or dabbed would have lasted me a week and a half. No, I'm five days in to owning Herc with less oil and no good times to show for it.

Screwing the tops on you will get a few blinks. This is to indicate contact with the batteries and is normal.

Now, do you mean to say that when you push down the button, it blinks twice and goes out? Because that's not normal. It's supposed to stay on as long as you're holding down the button, for up to 30 seconds.

Be careful there. This is similar to what happened to my Persei before it fried my top.

Hmmm... I too am in San Diego. Small world.

Caligula,

thevaf

Could we have a show of hands?

Who has a Herc SR-71 and has NOT fried a top? Was it old, very old (i.e. no serial number) or new (with timeout)?

Who has a SR-71 and has fried at least one top?

Do we have more people with gear going up in puffs of smoke or do we have more vapor going through Hercs with no issues?

Also, am I the only one concerned that after every assembly, there seems like a high probability of making a fatal mistake? By this I mean, I'd have no problem if you did something wrong and it just didn't work, but smoke and a high chance of equipment death is a bit more risk than I'd like most of the time.

-NDA

No fried tops here:)
Its a new red persei with logo under the button

thevaf,

tharealmclovin

No fried tops here, but still yet to get any vapor. My SS tops should be here tomorrow hopefully. I have had my herc working and heating for over a minute straight without any problems. well except the no vapor

SlideOrDie

No fried tops here, but still yet to get any vapor. My SS tops should be here tomorrow hopefully. I have had my herc working and heating for over a minute straight without any problems. well except the no vapor

My friend is having the exact same issues as you, said he's gone through a few grams without much vapor... He brought it over last night we threw in .75 and I was quite disappointed as most of it leaked into the bottom chamber and we didn't even get a good hit.

Once I'm up and running hopefully I can figure out the proper way to use the SR71...

Caligula

Maximus
My friend is having the exact same issues as you, said he's gone through a few grams without much vapor... He brought it over last night we threw in .75 and I was quite disappointed as most of it leaked into the bottom chamber and we didn't even get a good hit.

Once I'm up and running hopefully I can figure out the proper way to use the SR71...

What batteries are he using?

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Two ways it can leak, not properly cooling it down after releasing the button (taking about a 20 second hit with no power) and leaving it standing up.

I was leaving mine standing and only taking about a 5 second hit afterwards to get it to cool down and noticed it leaking. Changed to about 20 second cool down hit (when i remember) and laying it on its side and it hasnt leaked again...

I am noticing it going through my oil rather fast though still, but im still getting used to it. Also there have been a few times where i press the button and i dont get any vapor at all (been happening right after i load it the few times its happend) and other times when i cant even hold it in...will have a full review in a week or two. I wanna get used to this thing and i have a few new other portables im testing out atm as well...

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Caligula

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I figured I'd give it a couple of days worth of attempts before reporting this here, but I am extremely disappointed and frustrated by the SR-71. After receiving the stainless steel top, my problems have not been solved in the least. Same problem...ridiculously hot air and cart with absolutely no vapor. The only time I get a hint of vapor is when I pull on the thing like crackwhore does on a johnson. Taste puffs, test puffs, slow and steady, etc. yield absolutely no results.

To be honest, the v1 Herc ALWAYS created massive vapor without any problems. The build quality was what was lacking. The SR-71 on the other hand looks amazing but is giving more people headaches than head rushes. What on earth can I and tons of others be doing wrong? Can someone please post some pictures of what the coils should look like when completely seated around the rod because that's the last thing I can think of and if that is the problem, why were coils that don't slide all the way down released in the first place? I'm tired of throwing oil into this thing and getting nothing out of it, especially since oil costs twice as much on this coast than over there. Why is my friend blowing massive plumes with his fucking Mirco-G (which I constantly tell my friends not to get because your products are way above the rest) and I'm looking like a chump with an expensive piece of equipment that constantly needs troubleshooting. I just don't understand how something can be marketed and sold when there are still obvious problems here. If a product is assembled correctly (in this case a cart), it should work efficiently...period. We were told that the stainless steel tops would fix everything and they haven't. I one hundred percent appreciate how out of the way G and w9Tech go to get their customers up and running but in all honesty, skype sessions and conference calls shouldn't be necessary for an experienced user to successfully use a product. :bang:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
hey so i collected some reclaim yesterday off my nibbler, bong, and old carts. Came out with about a gram of reclaim. i threw some bud in it to help me scrape it off. how would you guys go about loading this into the herc? around the rod or up above?
its a mixture of more bud than oil...
i believe they resemble your pollen pellets except i haven't compressed the mixture?
I take out the coil or tanks to use hash or pollen pellets.

ataxian,

SlideOrDie

I figured I'd give it a couple of days worth of attempts before reporting this here, but I am extremely disappointed and frustrated by the SR-71. After receiving the stainless steel top, my problems have not been solved in the least. Same problem...ridiculously hot air and cart with absolutely no vapor. The only time I get a hint of vapor is when I pull on the thing like crackwhore does on a johnson. Taste puffs, test puffs, slow and steady, etc. yield absolutely no results.

To be honest, the v1 Herc ALWAYS created massive vapor without any problems. The build quality was what was lacking. The SR-71 on the other hand looks amazing but is giving more people headaches than head rushes. What on earth can I and tons of others be doing wrong? Can someone please post some pictures of what the coils should look like when completely seated around the rod because that's the last thing I can think of and if that is the problem, why were coils that don't slide all the way down released in the first place? I'm tired of throwing oil into this thing and getting nothing out of it, especially since oil costs twice as much on this coast than over there. Why is my friend blowing massive plumes with his fucking Mirco-G (which I constantly tell my friends not to get because your products are way above the rest) and I'm looking like a chump with an expensive piece of equipment that constantly needs troubleshooting. I just don't understand how something can be marketed and sold when there are still obvious problems here. If a product is assembled correctly (in this case a cart), it should work efficiently...period. We were told that the stainless steel tops would fix everything and they haven't. I one hundred percent appreciate how out of the way G and w9Tech go to get their customers up and running but in all honesty, skype sessions and conference calls shouldn't be necessary for an experienced user to successfully use a product. :bang:

I hear you and I definitely agree when you say the original Hercules gave us much better results with far less errl...

I'm still hanging in here hoping I'm doing something really wrong, but with so many people having issues and wasting meds I don't know :/

SlideOrDie,
Reactions: NoName

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ok let me get this straightened out.

Can everyone who is having an issue take out the spring plate and take a pic and post it up?

We will get this situated I know it because I can grab a Hercules off the production line and fire it up. In fact I just did one and it works.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Ok let me get this straightened out.

Can everyone who is having an issue take out the spring plate and take a pic and post it up?

We will get this situated I know it because I can grab a Hercules off the production line and fire it up. In fact I just did one and it works.

No idea what you mean by spring plate so here's my broken down Herc.
zOfutAT.jpg

gTyydS9.jpg

Last edited:
kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I want to see the adjustable spring plate that's inside the Persei.

For the people who are having an issue with the new tops, this is most likely the cause.

Now of the people who get heat and no vapor how are you guys using the stainless top cap?

Are you installing it in the mouth piece then screwing it on? Or are you installing it then screwing on the mouth piece?

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

For the people who are having an issue with the new tops, this is most likely the cause.

Now of the people who get heat and no vapor how are you guys using the stainless top cap?

Are you installing it in the mouth piece then screwing it on? Or are you installing it then screwing on the mouth piece?

I only have old tops and an Iris, no new tops. As for the stainless steel piece, I've been doing as you said and installing it in the Herc before screwing the mouthpiece on. I've also tried loosening the retaining collar slightly to try and force a seal.

kindbeats,

SlideOrDie

With the SR71 that I gave to my buddy, we were installing the ss top cap into the cart first as per your instructions, then screwing the mouth piece in over it.

I'm currently waiting on my replacement bottom connector before I can fire my SR71 up.

SlideOrDie,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Unscrew the retaining nut inside the mouth piece so that it's around 3-5 mm sticking out. This makes sure the top stainless cap doesn't slide back out and breakes the seal.

371D9E3E-55B3-4A64-A3E8-BA925D7EF94C-2681-0000016AB8A7EE77.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ataxian

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
How long are you waiting before you start inhaling after you press the button?

I've tried every combination imaginable. I've started pulling before pressing the button, 1 second after, 2 seconds after, 5 seconds after, all the way up to 20 seconds.

kindbeats,

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
I've tried every combination imaginable. I've started pulling before pressing the button, 1 second after, 2 seconds after, 5 seconds after, all the way up to 20 seconds.

Before my tops fried I was in entirely the same position. Loads of oil, piteous amounts of vapor. To ensure it wasn't the seal being broken, I started trying to run the Herc without the outer shell and it started constantly producing (nothing amazing, just small wisps).

I think one of the biggest problems is how many pieces involve being screwed in that are easily unscrewed at the other levels. Let's say the bottom insulator to the heater core is level one, level two is the small, slotted housing shaft that screws in to the bottom of the heater core, level three is the first part of the mouth piece that holds the screen and tightens the seal, and, along with level four, where the mouthpiece screws in, is probably where most problems start.

At level 3, the tension of the seal may be so great as to unseat levels two or one when being unscrewed along with level 4. This means that in these cases, where the seal with the SS cap is tight enough that it can unscrew the other levels, you have to reassemble the entire thing from level one or two to make sure everything's in place.

I also notice that while I started to get a consistent seal I would be unable to completely screw the mouthpiece on to the outer shell. This is, again, problems at the first few levels, but also includes the bottom insulator connection screw, which I had to loosen to allow contact from Persei top to the bottom insulator.

So you have to be mindful not only of the seal, but of how accomplishing the seal can effect the tension in the entire unit.

When it comes to heat but no vapor, I'm sure it's the seal or the amount of oil. They say saturate with .5-.7, but I wasn't getting anything until I was 2G's deep.

Let's get this figured out, people. Can everyone with surefire Hercules techniques break down everything they do, cataloging each piece with a letter designation and, in order, how you assemble them along with little tweaks (like exposing the topmost tungsten strip on the ceramic rod), how much oil is in the coil, and the relationship between inhaling and the button.

Caligula

Maximus
@Atomsk
Two things about that...

First, G specifically told me that the Hercules was designed on purpose so that if you remove one piece you have to break the whole unit down and assemble again from scratch. I'm sure this is to help prevent some of the issues you just mentioned? IDK.

Second, every part is cataloged and named in the instructions.

Other than that all I have to add is that I really wish my Hercules was running. :(

-joe

Last edited:

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
Two things about that.
First, G specifically told me that the Hercules was designed on purpose so that if you remove one piece you have to break the able unit down ans assemble again. I'm sure this is to help prevent some of the issues you just mentioned? IDK.

Second, every part is cataloged and named in the instructions.

-joe

Yeah, that first part isn't something mentioned in the instruction or elsewhere besides wherever G told it to you.

Second, I don't mean that they aren't cataloged officially, I just wanted someone or a group of people who have a consistently working device to break down how they personally put the unit together, in what order they attached which piece to which, and any little tips they have along the way. I think it would help if we had a universal procedure as given by someone who is actually working their unit correctly seeing as so many people who have the same instruction pamphlet aren't receiving the same results. Cataloging alphabetically would help instill a certain order of assembly.

Hmmm... I too am in San Diego. Small world.

You're having trouble too, right? If G does come to SD, maybe we can all meet up somewhere and get this thing worked out.

Last edited:
Atomsk,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom