The Nomad From Morwood

fangorn

hey @Copacetic, @cx714

Thank you for your kind words!
I am, as you might imagine, a fan of my collection...

I haven't tried the Okin yet... I only have 5 coals at the moment, and my hand drill failed after 2 coals drilled. But these two setbacks are being resolved.
It's certain that I will use it less than the Nomad, but I will impose a minimum of 3 to 4 sessions per month in order to honor it!

Damn, man. A full on Morwood trifecta! Couldn’t have happened to a bigger fan. 👍

and I actually think I'm one of the biggest fans of Dan's work today. There have been and there are crazier than me, that's for sure, but I know I'm in the top 10 fans 🤣

Unfortunately, I'm going to have trouble completing my collection with a Nomad 2... or I'll have to be very, very patient!
The owners have had them for too short a time to realize that they are not used for their fair value, that is, every day 🤣 and that I will be a perfect new companion of course 😅
The other problem is that there are only two batches at the moment...
In short, I surveyed a few people but I came up against other real fans!
But I'm patient, tenacious, and determined...and...I'm pretty lucky when it comes to getting a new job, or getting a vape that drives me crazy...(I have for example won a draw for a Toad...)
so I hope that in a few years I will have an opportunity!

because I signed up for the 2021 debut list so... through the regular purchase route, I won't see a Nomad 2... maybe a 3...

I'm repeating myself, but can't wait for spring, so that we can see lots of enthusiastic messages, magnificent photos... smiles... and Dan can tell us more about his plan for the years to come!!!
(and that he is freed from this terrible waiting list which handicaps him a little.... I say that being too far on this waiting list, don't I!)

Come on, it's time to heat up Dan's heaters!

Have a nice weekend everyone and happy vaping!

Last edited:

attackpoints

The maple burl is just incredible... it's soft, it's beautiful... I can spend a lot of time looking at or touching the wood... I'm a fan!
And with an 18650 battery inside the weight is just perfect...

And the abalone button is also exceptional... I imagined one day asking Dan to sell me a button that would contain a galaxy... well... I'm pretty good now!

There you go... I had fun with this post... (sorry if it's "too much")... and I had fun with this purchase!

But so, Nomad #008 is well settled in his new home.

Okay and finally... maybe some people have spotted in the previous image... but in this room full of treasures where I found my Nomad #008... there was another lost artifact.. . a unicorn that we no longer dared to talk about... Okin #81... but this part of the count is for another thread...!

That's it for me...
I'm in a little bubble of happiness at the moment...!
I sold everything else... I still have vapman, lotus and a glass vape... and I'm enjoying it!

Thanks again to this awesome seller who was kind enough to part with two unicorns...
and once again, Thanks to Dan for this exceptional job he did with this custom Nomad...
It is a true work of art, a functional jewel... and an artifact that makes me dream and travel... in space and in time...

Happy vaping everyone!!
Thank you for sharing pictures of your new pieces! The nomad is especially gorgeous and such a nice button to match. Sometimes I wonder if finding a matching button for the nomad/toad is difficult with all the different possibilities, other times it seems they're perfectly matched. This one is definitely a match!

I really love the nomad 1, and I'm glad for the toads being made so we can keep seeing more of Dan's paintings. These threads are really so neat for that, can really see the progression and refinement of the devices.

hey @Copacetic, @cx714

Thank you for your kind words!
I am, as you might imagine, a fan of my collection...

I haven't tried the Okin yet... I only have 5 coals at the moment, and my hand drill failed after 2 coals drilled. But these two setbacks are being resolved.
It's certain that I will use it less than the Nomad, but I will impose a minimum of 3 to 4 sessions per month in order to honor it!

and I actually think I'm one of the biggest fans of Dan's work today. There have been and there are crazier than me, that's for sure, but I know I'm in the top 10 fans 🤣

Unfortunately, I'm going to have trouble completing my collection with a Nomad 2... or I'll have to be very, very patient!
The owners have had them for too short a time to realize that they are not used for their fair value, that is, every day 🤣 and that I will be a perfect new companion of course 😅
The other problem is that there are only two batches at the moment...
In short, I surveyed a few people but I came up against other real fans!
But I'm patient, tenacious, and determined...and...I'm pretty lucky when it comes to getting a new job, or getting a vape that drives me crazy...(I have for example won a draw for a Toad...)
so I hope that in a few years I will have an opportunity!

because I signed up for the 2021 debut list so... through the regular purchase route, I won't see a Nomad 2... maybe a 3...

I'm repeating myself, but can't wait for spring, so that we can see lots of enthusiastic messages, magnificent photos... smiles... and Dan can tell us more about his plan for the years to come!!!
(and that he is freed from this terrible waiting list which handicaps him a little.... I say that being too far on this waiting list, don't I!)

Come on, it's time to heat up Dan's heaters!

Have a nice weekend everyone and happy vaping!
I also hope there's a Nomad 2 in your future, I want someone to have a finished Morwood set. :lol:

fangorn

Thank you for this kind message @attackpoints !

I completely share your opinion on the Nomad 1, and the fact that we are lucky that Dan still paints on these units with the Toad!
Besides, yours is so cool... I think Dan had a lot of fun making it, and you had a lot of fun using it!

On the buttons I really agree that they are not easy to match with the units... at the same time... it has infinite shades...

I also hope there's a Nomad 2 in your future, I want someone to have a finished Morwood set. :lol:

This is my favorite comment on the entire Fc forum... of all time... :love:
🤣

bestvaping

some could sell for thousands of dollars... and maybe one day a millionaire who discovers vaporization will pay 1 million for such a nomad...
For my part, I wholeheartedly hope that Morwood vaporizers will remain accessible to as many users as possible, and that they won't be reserved for a wealthy clientele (that would be really sad). There will always be someone stronger and richer than you. Which would considerably limit the possibilities of acquiring a Toad for people with limited financial means. Personally I find the current price coherent.

Dan seems to be an extraodinary person, for the anecdote some time ago I indicated to him that I did not take part in the lottery because it was generally at the end of the month (because I never have any money at the end of the month), and well the following month we were entitled to a lottery at the beginning of the month, that proves that Dan tries to do the best whatever the financial status of the purchaser, and I find that formidable (really great), unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to win the lottery (I'm not a lucky person, but that proves again the ethical sense of Dan). I admire all that. Ideally, I would like people who have already won the lottery to leave their place to others in order to maximize their chances of success (some have been waiting for a very long time). But I can understand that altruism isn't for everyone. It has nothing to do with luck.

@fangorn your collection is magnificent :love: for me it lacks only one small thing, a CouchLog :rofl:

Heartily and happy vaping!

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Lol...good one.
Yeah, I confess I've been watching Dan's work for so long that I haven't kept up with progress since I got my Toad. I hoped that time would pass more quickly that way! 🙄
Even with the Toad slowing things down I thought we'd be done with batch 2 by now.
Obviously I'm kicking myself for dropping out of the Nomad II list early-on, but ya can't buy what ya can't afford, so I had no choice 😥.
I love my Toad, and Nomad I, but the Nomad II has surely got to be Dan's best design (so far!).
I can afford a N-II now for the first time in years, so I'm going to hang on and pray that Dan's still making them come batch 4! (and beyond).

Anyone here got any of Dan's pipes or other non vape pieces?

bestvaping

Hey @fangorn there's no problem, I completely understand (but I don't necessarily agree 🙃), in fact my message didn't concern you in particular, I was just giving my opinion, sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. It's a good thing we all have different opinions, that's what gets things done (and it would be sad if we all thought the same) ;) so I'm not going to answer all your questions because they don't belong here. In any case, enjoy your fabulous vaporizers, you are very lucky :brow:

:peace:

fangorn

well everything is fine, I didn't feel offended at all either...!

I'm going to take a step back and enjoy 😁

have a good weekend everyone!

Last edited:
fangorn,
Reactions: jds

seriousTone

Anyone here got any of Dan's pipes or other non vape pieces?
Dude I wish; I contacted Dan about having a pipe made years ago but he's just not in the position to make them, being as busy as he is.

I hold hope that one day Dan will have enough time and the urge to go back to them and I can one day own one.

It's one of the only ways I'd happily not fuck combustion.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Dude I wish; I contacted Dan about having a pipe made years ago but he's just not in the position to make them, being as busy as he is.

I hold hope that one day Dan will have enough time and the urge to go back to them and I can one day own one.

It's one of the only ways I'd happily not fuck combustion.
I know what you mean, the pic's I've seen of his pipes etc are just amazing. I'd never buy one myself as I'll never smoke again and it would be a shame to own a 'tool' like that just to keep in a trophy case, but hoo boy they're BEAUTIFUL objects and I can understand how a combuster would want to own one.
The vapes though, now they're the business. If I were Dan I'd stick to them (and accessories ofc) as he just makes the best on the market. There's an argument to be made that other high end vapes which are easier to get or afford could be considered 'better', but if we are just looking at the items in question themselves, and the function/build quality/aesthetics then there's very little competition out there, and what little there is falls short of Nomad/Toad levels of excellence (IMO).
It's possible his pipes transcend all others out there as well, but I just don't know as I've seen some astonishing carving on 'traditional' pipes and I don't really know the scene.
I do love to look at them though 😍

jds

I don't even smoke and I still would buy one of his pipes. Maybe even pick up pipe smoking along with it...

seriousTone

His pipes are museum art pieces, no need to smoke from them!

And from what I've seen, his pipes are BY FAR the most beautiful on the market; I've never seen anything even CLOSE. It's not surprising, same as his vapes.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170107112752/http://www.dmpipes.com/archive.html

Whoever has one of these are so goddamn lucky, and I consider myself pretty lucky for having an Okin.

fangorn

fangorn

LOL, fair enough.
Just cellphone snaps, look back at Dan's proper pic's a page or two back for a decent look, but in the meantime here are my poor attempts (sans colour editing, the sleeve is much more 'ox-blood' IRL)
DSC-0591-1.jpg

DSC-0590.jpg

This last one came out looking really pink on my screen, prob' the same for everyone? :shrug:

DSC-0589.jpg

ah yes... this one... isn't too bad...
😍🥶🥵😍

fangorn

oh yes, I can understand!!!
it's sublime... so many details for the harmony, it's incredible!
the stem collar is crazy... and Dan arranged everything else around it so well! wow! what piece !!!

fangorn

I didn't want to let the "Nomad subject" fall far back in the list of subjects 😆

A little morning ray that comes to strike and wake up my friends!

Well... I mostly use my Nomad... but the shape of the Toad and the washi coating mean that I prefer the feel of the Toad in my hand! The Nomad is so beautiful that my brain didn't anticipate that!!

fangorn

It's a bit like your own personal little Christmas crib! :lol:
hey

yeah there's a bit of that! 😆

I see it as my little museum, my exhibition of paintings... it's a mix of the armory of Men in Black and Batman as well... It's the favorite place in my home!

I tried to make an emergency escape bag with my vaporizers... but I couldn't see them anymore so I varied less in my use!
and... the most beautiful room in my home had disappeared 🤣

but at Christmas time, I understand that we get confused 😉

edit 2: my 4 year old son just came to see me just now to ask me if I had a new electronic cigarette... telling me that he had never seen the blue one 😁
Well he's been here for a few weeks... but he's very observant 😁
I put it in his hands and he seemed to like it... asked me what was written...
Bravo @Dan Morrison , you produce works that touch adults and children 😅

I will advise him to register on your waiting lists now to start completing our collection 🤣

Last edited:

fangorn

well... I think some people will hate me... or at least be, rightly, very jealous...

but that's it... I COMPLETED THE DAN MORRISON COLLECTION... 😍

I was lucky enough to catch one of my favorite Nomad 2 !
It is currently in a truck or a plane... and is getting closer to my house...
it should land before 2024 😁

Merry Christmas ♥️💚🧑‍🎄

PS: I anticipated and I have already invested in anti-voodoo protection...

edit: @attackpoints , you may have contributed to my luck in one way or another regarding the alignment of the planets... so... Thanks!

Top Bottom