Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

StringTheorista

Keep discovering new pieces to use with my Neo. Turns out the lotus WPA is a great fit—just have to be careful not to press down super hard, collapse the silicone guard, and let the bowl touch the neo’s glass screen. this piece gets the herbs very close to the heater, so used it on one diamond. (The bowl is smaller than the Neo, but it has a ledge around the outside that the neo’s silicone guard rests on.)

Last edited:

pushpaw

Hi everyone. Still been meaning to write up my thoughts but one fact alludes to how positive they are: I’ve used the Neo almost exclusively since I got it.

I wanted to give everyone a heads up though that 18650batterystore.com is having a deal right now on Molicel p26a batteries for $3.50 each. (I have no affiliation with them, am just a customer.) I just grabbed 4 myself to add into my rotation.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
I have a question. A potential buyer for my NEO asked me if the glowing coil is in the air path.

@Black_Prrl , can you answer that for me so I can pass the answer onto the buyer?

Thanks

Yes. Cool air enters the Neo through the narrow gap between the quartz chimney and the zirconia. It travels down between those where it gets preheated, and also cools the zirconia. When it reaches the base, the air enters the central heating chamber beneath the baffle where it is heated by the element before passing through the baffle and into your bowl.

oldfool

Yes. Cool air enters the Neo through the narrow gap between the quartz chimney and the zirconia. It travels down between those where it gets preheated, and also cools the zirconia. When it reaches the base, the air enters the central heating chamber beneath the baffle where it is heated by the element before passing through the baffle and into your bowl.
So is the glowing coil in the air path?

Razhumikin

I like using my Neo in different ways, but after experimenting with a lot of methods I've found that the following is my favorite, so I just wanted to give a quick primer on this setup to use with the neo:
(purr bowl in the aqua labs J-hook)

I pack the purr bowl with hand torn flower, never ground (i've found the ground weed gets stuck between the walls of the bowl and also gets pulled through the j-hook and scooby snacks significantly more, and that it is a much more flavorful extraction with hand torn flower). I preheat the Neo on 5 diamonds and then hit it for the entire session on 2 diamonds, with the silicone attachment. Without the silicon attachment, it is a little too hard to keep the Neo in place and the air gaps caused by its shifting make for a wispier hit. I have tried a few different J-hooks but I've found that the Aqua labs is the nicest for this particular set up because the groove in it acts as a second mechanism helping to prevent scooby snacks)

If you havent hit your Neo through a j-hook as a dry pipe, its worth a try!

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Would the Purr bowl fit in the hemson pipe? If not are there any wood pipes that would fit a bowl like that or generally work well with the Neo? I saw the CDXX pipes which look awesome, just wondering if there are any others.
None that compare... Just kidding, I have no experience with any of these other pipes. My opinion that a CDXX Pipe is the best accessory for the Neo is based exclusively on my customer's feedback and my overinflated ego. I have a new batch in progress with a few as yet unclaimed. Let me know if you have questions. Thanks, TJ

So I have sitting on this since it arrived at the weekend. Received this (what I can only describe as) piece of art from @CDXX Pipes to accompany my @Black_Prrl Neo. TJ was an absolute pleasure to deal with and my pipe arrived much sooner than expected and hasn't been out of my hands since. Firstly, packaged really well with far more spares (screens / silicone rings / pipe cleaners) than I expected as well as a hand made stirring stick and good quality storage bag. Using is a dream. I have tried many pipes which have all been good however this is another level , not just the form but also the performance. Air flow is open , great flavour and massive clouds. I have been warming up and using on 3 diamonds before moving up and bowls seem to last a lot longer. I'm not a great photographer but have attached a pic. If you are sitting on the fence, don't , you will not be disappointed
Thank you for the great testimonial! Glad you are enjoying the pipe and Neo.

Roffa

Just a quick note to thank @CDXX Pipes for a true work of art. It's such a joy to use it with the Neo and everything just fits and seals perfectly. I'm Dutch and my father used to love to recite Anton Korteweg's Dutch translation of Rilke's "Autumn Day", with its last stanza

Wie nu geen huis heeft, bouwt het ook niet meer.
Wie nu alleen is, zal het nog lang blijven,
zal waken, lezen, lange brieven schrijven,
in lanen rusteloos dwalen, telkens weer,
als op de wind de blaren zullen drijven.

Who has no house now, will build him one no more.
Who is alone now, long will so remain,
will wake, read, write long letters
and will in the avenues to and fro
restlessly wander, when the leaves are blowing

Imagine my surprise and delight when it turned out that @CDXX Pipes named this pipe "Rusteloos Dwalen". He and I discussed the shape of the pipe, with a lengthy, bent stem, because my hand function is not good and lifting my arms tires me. The way it turned out is just perfect, including the bit of live edge at the bottom which makes it so much easier to hold. Impressed by the care and attention and grateful for such a gift. I'll add photos, but I had very little time last week.

caseball2051

Went to start my day with my neo this AM and woke up to a "no atomizer" message.

I charged up, turned on off and swapped batteries and got the same :(

I emailed prrl labs already but thought I'd see if anyone here had experience with this?

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Went to start my day with my neo this AM and woke up to a "no atomizer" message.

I charged up, turned on off and swapped batteries and got the same :(

I emailed prrl labs already but thought I'd see if anyone here had experience with this?

What a crappy way to wake up, @caseball2051! We've seen 4-5 of these and it's due to the terminal screws inside not being torqued down sufficiently. From a manufacturing standpoint, we've already changed our set screw design to minimize/eliminate this issue.Unfortunately, that's difficult to repair, so we'll just replace it. I'll DM and get the ball rolling...

-m

P.S. Hope everyone is well! Apologies for being a bit incommunicado recently here and on IG. I'm getting my house ready for sale and buying a new one with my girlfriend...so, life is pretty full. Pls DM or email mark@PrrlLabs.com if you need my immediate attention.

caseball2051

Thanks for the reply. Gotta say I'm really impressed with prrl customer service from prrl

Prrl is located on the west coast. On a Sunday, I contacted them around 420AM east coast time using the support email. I had a reply and a return label sent to me within 2hrs of contacting them. They also replied quickly here to me asking for help to see if it was something I could fix on my own and sent me PM trying to help if customer service hadn't already replied.

I let them know I'd mail out the neo first thing Monday AM and while I was at the post office this AM I received a text with tracking for my new neo that already preparing for shipment today. I was expecting to be without it until next week.

I've been using the neo exclusively for a month and I'm it's absence I've had to go back to some of my other vapes and they just aren't as satisfying. I think it's because the neo keeps sessions feeling fresh jumping between different bowls and pipes and such.

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer
Prrl is located on the west coast. On a Sunday, I contacted them around 420AM east coast time using the support email. I had a reply and a return label sent to me within 2hrs of contacting them. They also replied quickly here to me asking for help to see if it was something I could fix on my own and sent me PM trying to help if customer service hadn't already replied.

Thanks for the kind words, @caseball2051! Between cats, dogs, and aging bladders, we keep odd hours... 😏

Razhumikin

caseball2051

I asked about the size of the bowl and he said the glass inserts are 17mm but vary slightly as they're handmade with
1-2 mm in variance. Seems promising I'm probably gonna order one.

I let him know I linked his work over here maybe he'll start making vaporizer stuff. :Shrug:

Last edited:

CDXX Pipes

Accessory Maker
Just a quick note to thank @CDXX Pipes for a true work of art. It's such a joy to use it with the Neo and everything just fits and seals perfectly. I'm Dutch and my father used to love to recite Anton Korteweg's Dutch translation of Rilke's "Autumn Day", with its last stanza

Wie nu geen huis heeft, bouwt het ook niet meer.
Wie nu alleen is, zal het nog lang blijven,
zal waken, lezen, lange brieven schrijven,
in lanen rusteloos dwalen, telkens weer,
als op de wind de blaren zullen drijven.

Who has no house now, will build him one no more.
Who is alone now, long will so remain,
will wake, read, write long letters
and will in the avenues to and fro
restlessly wander, when the leaves are blowing

Imagine my surprise and delight when it turned out that @CDXX Pipes named this pipe "Rusteloos Dwalen". He and I discussed the shape of the pipe, with a lengthy, bent stem, because my hand function is not good and lifting my arms tires me. The way it turned out is just perfect, including the bit of live edge at the bottom which makes it so much easier to hold. Impressed by the care and attention and grateful for such a gift. I'll add photos, but I had very little time last week.
SO glad it arrived safely and meets with your approval! I appreciate the kind words. Hearing you are happy with the pipe makes my day.

StringTheorista

I cannot recommend checking out the work of our colleague @RogueGuy at www.theroguewaxworks.com highly enough. I just received a maple scoop and tamp I‘d ordered from him. It is beautiful, an elegant shape that fits the hand well, and fine finished so its smooth and has a soft sheen. Two dead useful tools to accompany my Neo, in one great piece. web link below.
77-A20567-341-C-47-D8-B624-FDD14-CBB554-E.jpg

Last edited:

sparrowman

I cannot recommend checking out the work of our colleague @RogueGuy at www.theroguewaxworks.com highly enough. I just received a maple scoop and tamp I‘d ordered from him. It is beautiful, an elegant shape that fits the hand well, and fine finished so its smooth and glossy. Two dead useful tools to accompany my Neo, in one great piece. web link below.
77-A20567-341-C-47-D8-B624-FDD14-CBB554-E.jpg

I have the scoop but not the Neo. Love the scoop, want the Neo...

Top Bottom