Discontinued The NEO by Prrl Labs

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
Whats the best way you guys have found to keep the cooling fins and quartz chimney clean?

In general, a wipe with an alcohol pad should be sufficient to keep the outside of the chimney and fins clean.

However, in some of the units that have come back for repairs, we've noticed that the quartz chimney and even inside the heating chamber and zirconia was darkened considerably. This is likely due to vapor backdraft happening between breaths where it gets "pushed" back through the chimney.

We've experienced a couple of situations where we were laughing and blew some of the particles up into the heating chamber where they instantly combusted. Not only will this stain the inside of the chamber, but the combusting particles also tasted particularly acrid--worse than normal combustion. We think this might be due to a higher concentration of residual waxes and lipids left behind after the more volatile terpenoids and cannabinoids were vaporized.

Staining seems to be more prevalent when using a bong because when you stop pulling, the falling water settles back down, causing back flow through the bowl and into the chimney. To avoid this, remove the Neo from the bowl before you stop your pull.*

-m

* Note: we also stop firing a few seconds before ending our pulls. This saves battery life and also keeps the Neo cooler.

NimChimpsky

For anyone that was looking, Tafée now offers the pots which work great with the Neo.

Edit: damn, showing sold out now.. idk if they actually ran out of stock that fast or if the site just isn't updated yet :huh:

NimChimpsky,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Razhumikin

Is there any reason not use larger mAh 18650s? Would it be fine to use a 3500 mAh 18650 in the Neo as opposed to a 2500 mAh battery?

Razhumikin,

StringTheorista

I usually just put the pot inside the silicon tip slightly and then straight into a 18mm female but the Purr bowl works nicely too
Thanks. So kind of as @RogueGuy uses the mighty capsules. I imagine the flavor in a ceramic pot is excellent. Since tafee is still out of stock, just ordered some capsules from PoTV. I put a screen in an 18mm female to 14mm male adapter, but it keeps slipping sideways when I stir. Still waiting on my noisy cricket…

NimChimpsky

Thanks. So kind of as @RogueGuy uses the mighty capsules. I imagine the flavor in a ceramic pot is excellent. Since tafee is still out of stock, just ordered some capsules from PoTV. I put a screen in an 18mm female to 14mm male adapter, but it keeps slipping sideways when I stir. Still waiting on my noisy cricket…
Nice, glad you could find some! Yea its kind of hard to describe - you can't set the pot directly in the 18mm female or it will fall through, but if you put it actually into the Neo silicon tip (where it's like perfectly sealed with the edge of the silicon, I think I posted a pic a while back) you can then put the pot (which is now connected to the Neo) into the 18mm joint which will make a perfect seal with the silicon. It's easy lol just hard to type out, you'll see what I'm saying once you get them. You can set the pot inside the Purr bowl, but I think I get slightly better performance the other way just through the 18mm.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there any reason not use larger mAh 18650s? Would it be fine to use a 3500 mAh 18650 in the Neo as opposed to a 2500 mAh battery?

I'm sure someone else will pipe up, but basically the reason not to use larger capacity batteries is because they typically mean lower amp rating... Not exactly sure about the Neo, but all the other pure convection on demand vapes like this, require the use of a high drain 18650 (at least 20A amp rating, though some like LG HG2 and Samsung 30Q are tested to be 18A despite their respective 20 and 15A ratings btw) I like Mollicell P26A and P28A for their high amp ratings, even though they have lower capacity, I am getting the same if not better performance, in most if not all of my powerful single cell vapes and mod boxes!

caseball2051

I have had the neo for like 2wks now and I've got to say that in really impressed with it so far.

I've mated it successfully to...

A Vaporgenie bronze sherlock, sticky brick runt, sticky brick flip brick, and the grav octabowl in 14mm that another user said didn't work but works perfectly for me and other people. I also bought one of the porcelain pipes linked a couple pages back. I've been microdosing with the porcelain pipe lately and it's just a fantastic combo. Link below for porcelain

The extraction is pretty even and thorough and it does so quickly.

Battery life could be better but it's on par with what else is out there.

The battery life indicator is a weak point but they've already commented on this. Using the charging screen indicator style would be an immediate upgrade over the regular screen indicator.

I've been using it with and without the silicone sleeve depending on the device in using it with. This will be device and user preference.

The unit does get warm during use. It cools down quickly enough though.

I find flavor to be a high point for this unit but this will depend on what you are linking up to your neo I'd imagine.

I have gotten a "device too hot" warning message twice. Once was closely after charging and then using it immediately and then one other time that I can't remember why it happened. I have the device a rest and it functioned fine after.

As battery life falls off so does performance with the unit.

The device feels well made and it feels premium. I have been babying it, I wouldn't want to drop this one.

Overall I'm really really enjoying my time with the NEO so far. I like it so much I've been working with one of our resident woodworkers on a custom pipe with a sticky brick sized bowl.

I've been microdosing with the porcelain pipe linked above. I've been loading like 0.04 or 0.03 and having great results. Here's what a session has looked like recently...

1. Turn on neo with a 3x click.
2. Select the highest heat setting and click 2x to engage the 30sec heat setting.
3. Load the bowl while the neo goes through a warmup.
4. Drop the temp to 3 and then 2x click to heat up.
5. Inhale.
6. Stir and repeat until herb is darkened to your preference.

I've been getting 2-3 satisfying hits on setting 3 then doing a cleanup on setting 4 to finish the bowl.

I've also had success with heat setting 4. I just get less hits.

Along the same lines, setting 2 works gives great flavor but slower extraction.

If anyone has any questions I can help answer please don't hesitate to reach out.

Edit: If anyone has case recommendations for the neo I'd love to see them. I've been looking at eyeglass cases on Etsy and Amazon but haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.

Last edited:

Razhumikin

I have had the neo for like 2wks now and I've got to say that in really impressed with it so far.

I've mated it successfully to...

A Vaporgenie bronze sherlock, sticky brick runt, sticky brick flip brick, and the grav octabowl in 14mm that another user said didn't work but works perfectly for me and other people. I also bought one of the porcelain pipes linked a couple pages back. I've been microdosing with the porcelain pipe lately and it's just a fantastic combo. Link below for porcelain

The extraction is pretty even and thorough and it does so quickly.

Battery life could be better but it's on par with what else is out there.

The battery life indicator is a weak point but they've already commented on this. Using the charging screen indicator style would be an immediate upgrade over the regular screen indicator.

I've been using it with and without the silicone sleeve depending on the device in using it with. This will be device and user preference.

The unit does get warm during use. It cools down quickly enough though.

I find flavor to be a high point for this unit but this will depend on what you are linking up to your neo I'd imagine.

I have gotten a "device too hot" warning message twice. Once was closely after charging and then using it immediately and then one other time that I can't remember why it happened. I have the device a rest and it functioned fine after.

As battery life falls off so does performance with the unit.

The device feels well made and it feels premium. I have been babying it, I wouldn't want to drop this one.

Overall I'm really really enjoying my time with the NEO so far. I like it so much I've been working with one of our resident woodworkers on a custom pipe with a sticky brick sized bowl.

I've been microdosing with the porcelain pipe linked above. I've been loading like 0.04 or 0.03 and having great results. Here's what a session has looked like recently...

1. Turn on neo with a 3x click.
2. Select the highest heat setting and click 2x to engage the 30sec heat setting.
3. Load the bowl while the neo goes through a warmup.
4. Drop the temp to 3 and then 2x click to heat up.
5. Inhale.
6. Stir until herb is darkened to your preference.

I've been getting 2-3 satisfying hits on setting 3 then doing a cleanup on setting 4 to finish the bowl.

I've also had success with heat setting 4. I just get less hits.

Along the same lines, setting 2 works gives great flavor but slower extraction.

If anyone has any questions I can help answer please don't hesitate to reach out.

Edit: If anyone has case recommendations for the neo I'd love to see them. I've been looking at eyeglass cases on Etsy and Amazon but haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.
I actually just got this case in today:

Seems to fit the neo very nicely

caseball2051

Yeah I've tried that bowl and it just doesn't fit right. The glass handle of the bowl gets in the way.

There's no handle to get in the way on this bowl though? There is a handle, but it shouldn't interfere with the neo. Are you sure we are referring to the same piece?

If you actually have the 14mm octabowl and didn't have success with this at first I'd highly recommend revisiting and checking out some tips below. I put a screen in the bottom (I think it was a sticky brick screen) and it works really well.

Instead of trying to line up the glass chimney or silicone band to the bowl, take the bowl off your water piece or jhook and physically attach the bowl to the silicone. The silicone will fit perfectly around the bowl edge and it will physically hold the bowl for you. Attach the whole setup to your glass and hit it. Be careful while doing this obviously.

You should get great results. Here's a visual for you and anyone else that might benefit from this.

caseball2051,

StringTheorista

The dynavap hemp case (small) fits just the device perfectly. The larger hemp case fits both the device and a pipe, depending on pipe size, of course

And the large snap stash is a great container for an extra battery

I also bought this waterproof case recently for more protection in a bag. It fits the Neo plus 2 snapstashes. I added a piece of foam to the top for a snugger hold, but they also sell pick and pluck foam for that case to hold the Neo securely.

MonkeyTime

In response to all the case discussions, if you have the case, let's see pics of your Neo in it! I love to see how it fits so I if I have room for a doob tube, the pipe/glass, or whatnot!

MonkeyTime,

alltoreup

Damn you, party liquor
@Black_Prrl has the KickAsh! Coupon code expired? I didn’t notice in the thread that it had an expiration date but it wasn’t working earlier. Just thought I’d check. I’m really liking the concept and user feedback. I have several glass pieces I’m thinking this would work on. Cheers! 🍻

alltoreup,

caseball2051

The dynavap hemp case (small) fits just the device perfectly. The larger hemp case fits both the device and a pipe, depending on pipe size, of course

And the large snap stash is a great container for an extra battery

I also bought this waterproof case recently for more protection in a bag. It fits the Neo plus 2 snapstashes. I added a piece of foam to the top for a snugger hold, but they also sell pick and pluck foam for that case to hold the Neo securely.

Can you fit that Etsy porcelain pipe and the neo with some extra space for a battery and herb storage in that bigger dynavap case?

caseball2051,

pretty-chill

Experiment night! I used two 20 mm screens to make a small "dosing capsule" that can hold 0.1 grams and fits into the chimney of the NEO. This brings the flower much closer to the heating element:

IMG_9032.jpgIMG_9030.jpgIMG_9031.jpg

I found that at 5 diamonds, with about 1 to two small puffs to pre-heat, I could rip through the full 0.1 grams in about 3, 15 second fast pulls. The AVB was a little bit uneven and not super dark but judging by the flavour, I feel like I got close to the maximum I could get out of it. Here are pictures of AVB from two attempts, the first one being 3 pulls and the fourth one being 4 pulls (both at five diamonds):

IMG_9034.jpgIMG_9036.jpg

I put the silicone tip on and used the NEO through my Miwak Jr. pipe and it worked really well! Great flavour and effects were really nice too. The speed and efficiency of this method seem to work incredibly well and I'm excited for a more elegant solution in the future for quick rips like this when I'm short on time!

sparrowman

Would the Purr bowl fit in the hemson pipe? If not are there any wood pipes that would fit a bowl like that or generally work well with the Neo? I saw the CDXX pipes which look awesome, just wondering if there are any others.

StringTheorista

15-BF9-BBD-BDAD-473-A-8-D48-A2-D35-C3-B8214.jpg
442-BF0-A4-7-B7-B-4578-8389-4-FFF0-F6-FAD00.jpg
A63-F6-DC3-DFCE-46-FD-8-B99-F575-C7321-C0-C.jpg

@caseball2051 top is pelican case, middle is small dynavap, bottom is large. You could fit the porcelain pipe plus a small jar easily in the large case
00403501-C1-F4-44-C9-AE37-2-A34-AC6-E135-B.jpg

Last edited:

Black_Prrl

Manufacturer of the Neo and Terp Surfer
Manufacturer
PS, @Black_Prrl, what about some logo-ed cannapucks? I think they’d be an awesome addition to the shop. (That’s a cannapuck next to the porcelain pipe—about 2” across, less than 1 inch deep, aluminum threads with an o-ring for sealing)

Oooo! A CannaPuk would be a great idea! I'll see if I can find out more about getting our logo on them.

Top Bottom