The MMA Discussion Dojo

jklasd

im actually predicting the upset. its gonna be a stand up war, and with shogun with his short stance, i think its gonna throw machida off. wouldn't suprise me if machida wins, but i see upset writing all over it. and with the UFC promoting machida as the best LHW in the world, and basically can't lose, i can only imagine that is creating massive pressure on him. but having silva in your camp should help be able to handle said pressure.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yea it's painfully obvious that crocop is past his physical peak and is no longer the striking phenom he was in his heyday. I think evolution has passed him by and bob sapp must be laughing his ass off the way the cc fight ended

stonemonkey55,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
CroCop: I Didn't Have The Hunger

I f***ed up and that's all there is to it. Maybe the ones who I've said that I'm done are right. Obviously i can't break my mental block in the octagon. Besides, I've been training like a Spartan for 20 years now, my body is worn out. The years caught up to me, I've been worn out.

WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED IN THE THIRD ROUND BEFORE THE STOPPAGE?

Dos Santos punched me in the eye and tore my eye-lid. Blood and sweat completely blurred my vision. I was standing there like a blind man. At one moment I confused my opponent and the referee.

DID YOU STOP THE FIGHT?

No, I didn't stop it and I didn't ask the judge to stop it. But it wasn't an early stoppage, he won that fight and would have won it by decision.

Simply put he is younger, more hungry, more aggressive. He wanted to win a lot more.

HIS FACE SHOWS YOU DID SOME DAMAGE?

Yeah, I landed a few good shots and cut above his eye but all together I failed big time.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LEGENDARY LHK?

The mat was slippery like glass. I almost fell down trying to do the LHK. But I'm not looking for an alibi. This was not the performance the public would pay for.

SO, WHAT HAPPENED IN DALLAS, WHAT HELD YOU BACK?

I don't feel the hunger any more. I started playing it safe, I'm not ready to take risks. I would like to thank everybody that supported me and stood by me and everyone who helped me to prepare for this fight.

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A GOODBYE?

I've been living a military life for 20 years now. Getting up at 6 am and having physically challenging task up to 8pm. I want a normal life. I'm entering a cage and thinking about fishing in Privlaka. You can't win that way.

WAS THIS YOUR LAST FIGHT?

Maybe I should've quit after I won OWGP.
source: http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Cro-Cop-Down-On-Himself-After-UFC-103-Loss-Talks-Retiring.html

[slightly edited to remove spelling errors introduced by the translator]

Pseudonymous,

yolky

yO... tiiight, an MMA thread. I'm a huge MMA fan here fellas. My favorite fighters are, Shogun (most beautfiul martial art techniques displayed), Dan Henderson (excellent fighter/ attitude, and is such a class act), and I gotta throw in Jens Pulver (all you have to do is read his book, how can anyone not like this guy).

That being said, i'm rooting my ass off for Shogun to destroy Machida. Anyone else here on the Shogun bandwagon?

yolky,

jklasd

i dont think there is a bandwagon for shogun anymore lol. its all about machida. but i am with you on the fact shogun will beat machida. how i have no idea, but im picking he shall. like i said eariler in the thread, if machida wins, it wont be a suprise, im just picking the upset.

jklasd,

yolky

yeah man.. he's like a 4-1 dog, stupid odds if you ask me. i'm predicted shogun by sub... leglock. :ninja:

yolky,

jklasd

i dont see shogun submitting machida considering they both are pretty good black belts in bjj. machida trains with a.silva and the nogeriua bros. i think that area of the game is pretty equal. i see this being a stand up war because i dont think shogun could take down machida and i dont see machida going for one because why would he? i think machida striking both offensively and defensively is better then shoguns.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
sweet link Tom, that was some kick :ko:

I can't go against Machida even if I am big Shogun fanboy. I can't find any area that I think Shogun is superior to Machida, striking, takedowns, grappling, etc etc. Even if we take 2006 Shogun, I don't think that Shogun could beat the Machida today.

With that said, Machida style is very dependent on timing and I think if anyone can throw that off, it is Shogun's hyperactive fighting style. I'm just hoping for a great fight because I don't want the loss to derail Shogun's momentum.

As far as Rampage retiring...after watching him on TUF, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. Truly selfish and a bad coach. It doesn't matter if you admit you are a bad coach, but not helping your fighters is ridiculous, esp after a loss

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

it is Shogun's hyperactive fighting style
thats exactly how i feel. shogun bends his knees at 90 degrees when he bouncing, going up and down constantly. he didn't do it in the ufc til liddell, as far as i can remember, but i try to forget that coleman fight :lol:.
As far as Rampage retiring...after watching him on TUF, I lost a lot of respect for the guy. Truly selfish and a bad coach. It doesn't matter if you admit you are a bad coach, but not helping your fighters is ridiculous, esp after a loss
2 for 2 stonemonkey. bad coach or not, you signed up for this shit. to be a coach is your job right now. i still dont like rashad, but at least he's there for his fighters. and when rashad called out tiki, i thought that was genius haha.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Jklasd I was trying to not sound like I was hedging my bets by saying Lyoto will win but if Shogoun won, I wouldnt be surprised but this is one fight where Im pretty sure of one outcome but would not surprised in the least bit if the other outcome happened.

Then again, for some reason, I can even see Brett Rogers knocking out Fedor

To me, Shogun looked MUCH better in the Liddell fight. The only question mark is, how faded was Liddell in that fight? Physically, Shogun looked like a different fighter and hopefully his knee will hold up and we can see two high caliber guys stage an awesome fight.

TUF has a weird way of changing my perception of fighters. I was never a fan of Tito Ortiz, but watching the way he coached his team changed the way I viewed him. I wouldnt say that I am a Tito Fanboy now but I do respect the effort he put into coaching his team and wouldnt mind him being my coach if I were on the show.

My view on Rashad has taken a similar path. I have never been a fan of his fighting style and the way he carries himself in the ring but as a coach, you can tell that he put in a lot of thought and effort with the way he picked and trains his team. I was Quinton all the way before the show, but now if they fought, I might even root for Rashad.

The last dialogue between them was classic.

Rashad So, youre just gonna do you right?

Quinton Yup, Im gonna be me

Rashad Yeah, selfish

Quinton (shocked look on his face, speechless, cause he knows its true)

stonemonkey55,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
Anyone who truly thinks that Brett Rogers will beat Fedor is insane, no offense, haha. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's highly improbable.

Pseudonymous,

jklasd

hence why i said im callibg for the UPSET. improbable does not mean impossible. matt serra beat GSP. enough said.

jklasd,

Yukon Cornelius

Yeah, I agree with you guys about Rampage. I can't stand cocky fighters, or cocky people in general, and after seeing him on TUF, my opinion of him completely changed. As a coach, he definitely shouldn't leave his team hanging when they lose, and it just seems very...unprofessional to me to talk shit to the other aspiring fighters, even if they are on the opposite team.

That's why I respect GSP so much. He's such an honorable fighter, he doesn't let his fighting ability/skills get to his head (or mouth)...

Hopefully Rashad's team will make the sweep. I've always kind of liked Rashad for some reason.

So what's the deal with Rampage anyway? I've heard that he's supposed to retire/quit soon from the UFC, so is the Rampage/Rashad match ever gonna happen?

Yukon Cornelius,

Pseudonymous

Nameless
jklasd said:
hence why i said im callibg for the UPSET. improbable does not mean impossible. matt serra beat GSP. enough said.
Oh, of course, but usually if you're calling something, then you think that there is a probability greater than 50% that it will be true. Calling and betting are different. People can make crazy bets sometimes that they don't think will really win, but they do it anyway due to the odds. When you're calling something, you aren't risking anything for the most part, so typically people call who they believe will win (which is defined as thinking that the probability of the chosen winning is greater than 50%). That's how I always take those implications, anyway.

Pseudonymous,

jklasd

i dont agree with the 50% probability. i choose people that i think will win just one time. i know fedor will beat rogers 8 or 9 times out of 10, but he only needs that one win. i said alves would beat GSP but i still said GSP will likely win more time out of 10. i dont call fights on that favorite, hence why im just calling and not betting. your right, its easier to call then to bet. i agree people typically call who the favorite is, but i dont agree that call them BECAUSE they are the favorite. they call them because for whatever reason, they believe they can win. i believe rogers can beat fedor in this ONE match.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yeah, agreed. When I call for an upset, it's not because (in this case) Rogers is better than Fedor. Hell, I even think Fedor will beat Rogers 95 out of 100 times if they fought but for some odd reason, I just smell upset with this one. I thought Arlovski would run shop on Rogers (and if they fought again, i think AA def has better than 50% odds of beating Rogers) but as Roger's showed, all it takes is one punch from a man of his size to make things real interesting.

With that said, I am def not willing to put money on Rogers pulling the upset, it's more just a gut feeling.

stonemonkey55,

jklasd

With that said, I am def not willing to put money on Rogers pulling the upset, it's more just a gut feeling
yea id never bet on that haha. gut feelings rules! lol. im hoping this is a good card for the ufc.

jklasd,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
It's time!!!!!!!

Shogun v Machida tomorrow night. I am so juiced, the undercard isn't bad either. The Pat Berry/Hardonk match is a striker's dream.

Also very much looking forward to the Anthony Johnson/Yoshida fight. Talk about classic grappler v striker match up!

I have also heard that Kimbo v Houston Alexander at Ultimate Fighter Finale?!

stonemonkey55,

yolky

Can't wait for tomorrow night... i'm pumped. I hope Shogun knocks out Machida in impressive fashion. I can't stand Machida fans, haha just kidding fellas. Anyway, let's bring it on!

yolky,
Top Bottom