The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

jdent3

Has anyone tried to clean the dosing capsules? I just got the small pack and the lids got very sticky over time. Not quite sure if there is an easy way to get them clean again or if it's more practical to buy the large pack and toss them after a while

I have. I noticed a sticky ring on the lids after a few uses so I threw them in a bag of iso alcohol and let it sit for a day and they came out perfect

jdent3,
Reactions: turk

silentvaper

You did well there! And cool video too, I was pausing it to read the different markings on the rear. IP22 etc, wonder if the normal mighty is IP22 but just doesnt say on it.
That "INT: 7 on/ 30 off" has me intrigued too, something to do with interference with sensitive medical items perhaps, google shows nothing for it.
Last time I was in my doctors office I laughed thinking, "Pretty soon there could be a Mighty medic in here!" with a big box of those mouthpieces.
I think the reason there's no manual, is because the Medic manual gives advice which might be deemed "unsaleable" in your region if you get me.
Where the normal manual (and every other vape in UK) only advises regular aromatherapy.
Good luck with the unit, though you probably won't need it!
Did you take off the screen covering sticker right away??? I did on mine!
Yea haha you did read through this thread! and yea, this vape's original pricing was $500, you got a steal. i wonder if build quality is any different from the regular units.

Hey guys!! I have to say I am extremely pleased with "The Medic" it performs outstandingly and has become the perfect instrument for me to say FC!! now I feel my VAS increasing hahaha!!
So I emailed the re-seller and Amazon in a desperate try to prove this Medic is genuine . Ended up calling Vapormed themselves with the telephone number provided in their webpage.

I must say I've read in this thread inconsistencies in CS provided by Storz & Bickel (mostly Oakland) but I received the best CS ever! The phone was promptly answered by a German lady which of course was fluent in English. I explained her I bought the original Mighty on amazon.co.uk and I received "The Medic" and was worried it being a knock off she asked some questions about the unit and checked the system for my SN and confirmed on the spot that it is 100% Genuine. She said that the box should have indeed been factory sealed and should contain instructions as in the UK this product is 100% legal, she apologised quickly for this and has sent me a copy of the instruction manual as well as the filling tool which although the Medic doesn't originally include I ordered a regular Mighty (which does) and S&B don't think it's fair I should incur in the extra cost GREAT!!! They also asked me for the amazon profile of the re-seller which they are now going to prosecute :rockon:

I have checked the online instructions for the symbols
The IP22 refers to "The Mighty Medic Vaporiser is protected by an angle of 15° against dropping water (IP 22). The device should nevertheless be protected against moisture and rain. Do not use in the bathroom or above water."
on/The INT: 7 on/30 off refers to its "Intermittent operation" I think it means sess of 7 mins let it rest for 30?? not sure
Also about the warranty I thought it was THREE years from what I read in the thread but the manual says:
"The “warranty period” begins on the date on which the Products are physically delivered to Customer’s site, and is valid for twenty-four (24) months for the MIGHTY MEDIC Vaporizer." So that's that 2 years like every other Mighty.

I hope this was helpful/not too long. Stay Vaped!!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@silentvaper I'm glad you got it figured out.

I was going to chime in and remind everyone the mighty medic came out as the same time as the dosing capsules.

In fact we pondered the accessories and inquired about changes in build quality.

I would highly doubt the mighty medics are being cloned this early...Maybe in a month things will change?

You reported the seller? Now no one else will be able to get cheaper mighy medics!!! :rolleyes:

strictly vapor

ive been digging around on dhgate recently also ..so ill try to add to the knowledge pool

can i ask is that then going to be like a muzzmod?
from dhgate?

that hydratube is also part one of the FC MOD
which is a triple bubbler

..they speak well of that dhgate shop in cloud evo thread

I'm not exactly sure which adapter I'm going to buy yet but it will essentially be a muzzmod similar to this:

http://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/crafty-mighty-14mm-glass-adapter

Because of the way these fit on the mighty I'd prefer a North American version, and haven't yet found one of these on dhgate.

Basically I'd like to grab a glass on glass adapter to replace the cooling unit and ensure as much glass as possible in the vapor path.

I've heard that Ratchet makes some cool adapters, so I'm going to check out his selection first and see if I can support a fellow FC member.

Favorite way to use the Mighty: Small dab of concentrate sandwiched halfway between my herb - through the hydratube of course!!

Last edited:

Mr.tuffyino-h-i-o

I'm not exactly sure which adapter I'm going to buy yet but it will essentially be a muzzmod similar to this:

http://www.sneakypetestore.com/products/crafty-mighty-14mm-glass-adapter

Because of the way these fit on the mighty I'd prefer a North American version, and haven't yet found one of these on dhgate.

Basically I'd like to grab a glass on glass adapter to replace the cooling unit and ensure as much glass as possible in the vapor path.

I've heard that Ratchet makes some cool adapters, so I'm going to check out his selection first and see if I can support a fellow FC member.

Favorite way to use the Mighty: Small dab of concentrate sandwiched halfway between my herb - through the hydratube of course!!

http://delta3dstudios.com/18mmcrafty-vaporizer-mouthpiece-to-waterpipe-adapter/

cloudsosmoke

@strictly vapor

i think thats easy-flow adapter in your link ..
theres no spiral thread on that adapter so you can only turn it so far
some ppl (including me of course) have managed to snap housing with it

the easy-flow male connector is 14/18mm .. dhgate glass is 14.4/18.8mm
..it fits ok but there could be tiny wobble

i use a (different) dhgate hydratube with plenty

heres a few dhgate glass videos - if you want to see what they look like working
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXBgg0U4jTBbniIakA8YM8w/feed
he usually puts link in first comment

theres two delta 3 adapters
one replaces top half of c/u
one attaches to mouthpiece

theyre 3d printed silicone rubber - i have to say the c/u top replacement does wobble quite a bit..so youd need to use both hands all the time - but it functions well

the mouth piece one works nicely - quick and easy

the muzzmod is when you use dremel tool to cut off bottom of old crafty c/u to get the connector
and then glue on glass adapter
i havent done this
(..just noticed - theres one in the classifieds)

oh btw
all this information is fairly recent for me
..so i have knowledge but not necessarily wisdom

subway13029

Muzzmod is the best option but they often fail and require jb weld and the easy flow is decent but won't screw all way on or breakage but I managed just fine and also had to use a screen as spacer to make good seal. I,like the delta that replace top half but due to material it does wobble..so all in all no perfect option for water yet..

blackstone

And the guys who soak your CU in iso. Are you reclaiming that then or dump it?
I know some do dry mopping with cotton buds, I do it with regular cotton and I'm getting much from the CU!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
And the guys who soak your CU in iso. Are you reclaiming that then or dump it?
I know some do dry mopping with cotton buds, I do it with regular cotton and I'm getting much from the CU!
I like to scrape the goo and then iso rinse the extras off and discard them...Unless I get some ever clear and make tincture.

I also like to put small buds in the cooling unit and let THOSE collect the goo.

There is no wrong way. Unless your combusting.

strictly vapor

Thanks for all the info guys! Much appreciated. It looks like for now I'll sit tight with a glass adapter attached to the mouthpiece with a small piece of silicone tubing as I wait to see how things evolve.

I haven't yet saved any resin from the cooling unit, but I must say that I've noticed it to be unique compared to resin from any other vaporizer I've tried. I find it to be very sticky and closely resemble honey oil, which just confirms to me that the extraction you get with the Mighty is truly special - something we all know!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@strictly vapor

the easy-flow male connector is 14/18mm .. dhgate glass is 14.4/18.8mm
..it fits ok but there could be tiny wobble
What I've read is limited, but I believe the standard taper for glass joints is based on the taper of a cork or bung, like used for a wine barrel or even a wine bottle. The (or one of the) most common industry standards is a taper of 1:10. So for example, whether the glass is 18.8mm or 18mm, it's the taper that creates the mating fit.
Next is territory I'm even less familiar with, but again, from what I've read, a given company may call their joint 18 for simplicity, while actually making the diameter 18.8 or close, which is an industry standard.

My point is that the wobble would come from a less-than-perfect fit as opposed to the different diameters of large or small end, since it's the 1:10 taper that creates the fit. The different diameters would only mean that one member fits a bit deeper or shallower into the joint than one of different diameter.

This chart gives some indication of these considerations. I'm far from expert and would appreciate further clarification myself (and, okay, I 'd probably find that in a different thread!).

https://www.wilmad-labglass.com/uploadedFiles/Main_Site/Pages/Support/taper_ground_joint_dims.pdf

nb8475

After having the capsules for a month and playing with different configurations (i.e pad or no pad) here are my thoughts. Warning a lot of this just corroborates what a lot of other members have said already. these capsules are basically a must have if you use your mighty/crafty daily or regularly.
  • easy clean up. this is a big one for me. Part of the hassle of using the mighty if you wanted to sesh with friends was having to dump out a messy bowl and repack it while it was still 300 odd degrees. With the caps you dont have to do that, just pop the cap out and drop the new one in.
  • stealth/discreetness/convenience. the included cylindrical "magazine" holds 8 capsules (plus one in the middle if you're feeling frisky) and is great for vaping on the go. I went out a couple of weeks ago with the clip loaded with a few bowls and was able to smoothly swap bowls quickly instead of fumbling around and burning your finger trying to repack the bowl. Note for this you probably need jeans or long pants as the mighty+mag are kind of bulky. And of course if you're at home you can fill up as many as you want so you dont have to do tedious shit like pack a miniature tin can with dry herbs while medicated.
  • more accurate/efficient dosing aka microdosing. With these caps you can vape smaller loads more efficiently and to greater effect than if you were to use the mighty bowl alone. S&B sells modified (smaller) liquid pads to fit the capsules but I find I don't need them. And of course you can always fill the capsule up to the top as i end to do , if you pack it down it holds about ~.2g, slightly less than the normal bowl.
Notes
  • Other users say that one full magazine is equal to one full battery charge, but i find it lasts less than that. More like 1/2 to 3/4 of the clip (4-6 bowls). My mighty is also new (recently RMA'd). Maybe this is because I vape longer seshes and pack the capsules fat though. I digress.
  • I bought the liquid pads because i needed to reach the 25$ minimum for free ship. While they're good its not necessary for dry herbs. Simply compressing your material firmly with the tool is enough. using the liquid pad causes too much drag IMO.

Now if only S&B could get their customer service act together..:D:\

cloudsosmoke

@vapviking

youre right .. i just tested my few glass joints 14 and 18
and all have tiny wobble
so it is down to less than perfect fit

i dont know how ive been only noticing it sometimes

(in my head i was sure there was a difference)

sorry for the confusion FC

cloudsosmoke,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking

youre right .. i just tested my few glass joints 14 and 18
and all have tiny wobble
so it is down to less than perfect fit

i dont know how ive been only noticing it sometimes

(in my head i was sure there was a difference)

sorry for the confusion FC
Let's say maybe it sounds right. Pending confirmation.
I only spent 20 minutes googling and reading months ago when home making a bubbler from a glass mason jar. I had adapters from Arizer, 18mm 90 degree-to-tubing type, and wanted to know the taper. I replaced the thin lid with a piece of (?) nylon(?whatever that stuff is?) I cut from a kitchen cutting board. I didn't have tooling to do the 1:10 taper through that material, so just drilled straight holes thru, I think at 5/8" dia.. . The material is about 7/16" thick so after cutting the circle out I rabbited the edge down to about 1/8" thick where it sits on the glass and is held down by the canning rim.

The adapters go in nicely and snug up just a little and so I think it's worked out great as a whip water tool for my, uh ...which thread am I in? -- oh, yeah, my Mighty. (Ha!)
I connect Mighty via tubing and for a while directly with a couple of different Muzzmods.

btw, the other part to the 'rig' is a 5", 18mm showerhead downspout from @Oregonglassblower ;) and it sits very nicely in the hole at the center of the piece.
(sorry, no photos)

BuzzDanklin

@Mrbrown81k definitely looks a bit goofy :)
UXZjSdDh.jpg

Mrbrown81k

It does work though right? Wondering cause Ill be buying one soon and have 4 crafty cooling units already

Mrbrown81k,

Reggie Watts

I got my Mighty Video Review up:

I also have a written mighty review if someone was interested in that.
Nice. That's awesome that you recorded 4K in such a scenic environment.

I rate the Mighty higher than the FF2 because it is more versatile and useful in more situations. They are of course very different, but overall I get more usage and satisfaction from the Mighty. The portability factor is a bit overrated, because the extra size doesn't matter in most situations. And for group session vaping, which for me is a common situation, the Mighty is significantly better. It's great having both. Lately I've been using my FF2 a lot when going about my day alone. If for some fucked up reason I was forced to choose one, I would go with the Mighty.

jdent3

For those who have used the Delta 3d water pipe adapters which one is better? They have one that connects to the mouthpiece and one that is a cooling unit mod.

jdent3,
Top Bottom