The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

Hi guys, just bought this camera case from Amazon for my mighty. Fits perfect.

Thanks for the inspiration! I had meant to get something, and yet here I was thinking of buying more/other vapes! (Typical, I know!)
I'm not set up on Amazon so I had a search last night, that Gear4life is on evilbay but too dear. I ordered a different cheap one and a not so cheap one, I'll post a pic when I get them.
There are lots to be found if you measure and put in the work!!
Some really interesting 'tactical' solutions too.
The Berlin case that @Nube Scrutator mentioned before christmas seems to be amazon only too, I should join that sh*t!

Meanwhile I found a leather pouch here belonging to my sister, and I think it makes me look like a transvestite biker crocodile dundee type when slung round my neck!

When I first bought a Crafty (later traded in for a Mighty) I was looking for a pocket vaporizer able to produce big clouds without charring the plant material. Both vaporizers actually perform very well in this category.
Recently I have started to take the opposite approach. Reading so much about terpenes and their benefits inspired me in this direction. I live in San Francisco and visit clubs that tout extensive descriptions of various flavor profiles. Yes I love to smell the herb before using, indeed really getting into different smells, yet when put in the vaporizer after maybe two hits it all pretty much taste the same, alas.
So now I start off at a MUCH lower temperature, 315 to be precise and have MANY flavor hits that produce very little visible flavour but taste fantastic and definitely start to produce an effect. I finish off at 345 or 356, very satisfied.
The dosing caps have also changed my technique completely. As for these flavor hits I'm more interested in convection instead of conduction, I actually wait to put the dosing cap in until the device has heated to the desired temperature. This prevents a slow toasting during the warm up period and gives even more opportunities to actually TASTE the herb. I do not know whether I get more benefits from these different terpenes this way, but it's certainly more enjoyable for me really noticing these very different flavors, from strain to strain.
Of course when I'm on the go I usually go back to leaving the cap in while the heating is taking place and yes occasionally I still go back to the bigger clouds LOL

Cripes! I had tried winding mine down to 166C and thought that was low, now amazed that 315F or 157C even gives visible clouds too!
Beautiful tastes too, but I need too choose my CU cleaner more carefully, as the perfume of detergents can seep out of the CU for days and it nearly ruined the start of my week!
Can get results from using the Mighty many ways, it's great to hear and try all the different tunings and frequencies!

EDIT: Re: the Dosing capsules. If I was to experiment with them and had a choice to go for the Magazine with 8 Capsules, or 40 Capsules Only, what should I aim for first?
I'm aware the Magazine holder may be useful, but if the Capsules get ruined quickly enough it might be better for me to order 40 and come up with my own way of storing them etc.
or, With a little care, would the Capsules hold up long enough to make 8 of them a useful entry choice for experiments in Mighty and Volcano?
Just that I have other items I need now and I'll be ordering again sometime soon. Thanks

I see mighty for 272€ and crafty for 215€ at Amazon.de - is this real??
Are they new yeah, and genuine!? Many stores are selling refurbished units now too. It sounds real familiar though and might have been mentioned here before.
I think the story turned me on to a way of tracking all the worlds' amazons for the best prices. And maybe Germany's amazon is always cheaper for some weird reason?
I suppose it's also not unusual to find one dealer with a genuine thing cheaper than the others but sometimes it doesn't work out so easily.
Recently I also saw that another German (coincidence?) vape and glass store Verdampftnochmal.de has become one of the first to discount their Mighty and Crafty prices to the tune of 8%, which is normally against S&B policy apparently.
Maybe there is an official reduction coming soon across the portable board, as tends to happen when vapes age a bit. I know the Volcanos were just after having a small price reduction when I picked mine up in November.

Last edited:
blackstone,

ktmstick

Purchased my mighty from an online vape shop here in uk for £200 (€240ish) plus free gifts. I see the seller has put prices up £20 since. Probably to do with exchange rate after the brexit mess.

Thanks for the inspiration! I had meant to get something, and yet here I was thinking of buying more/other vapes! (Typical, I know!)
I'm not set up on Amazon so I had a search last night, that Gear4life is on evilbay but too dear. I ordered a different cheap one and a not so cheap one, I'll post a pic when I get them.
There are lots to be found if you measure and put in the work!!
Some really interesting 'tactical' solutions too.
The Berlin case that @Nube Scrutator mentioned before christmas seems to be amazon only too, I should join that sh*t!

Meanwhile I found a leather pouch here belonging to my sister, and I think it makes me look like a transvestite biker crocodile dundee type when slung round my neck!

Cripes! I had tried winding mine down to 166C and thought that was low, now amazed that 315F or 157C even gives visible clouds too!
Beautiful tastes too, but I need too choose my CU cleaner more carefully, as the perfume of detergents can seep out of the CU for days and it nearly ruined the start of my week!
Can get results from using the Mighty many ways, it's great to hear and try all the different tunings and frequencies!

EDIT: Re: the Dosing capsules. If I was to experiment with them and had a choice to go for the Magazine with 8 Capsules, or 40 Capsules Only, what should I aim for first?
I'm aware the Magazine holder may be useful, but if the Capsules get ruined quickly enough it might be better for me to order 40 and come up with my own way of storing them etc.
or, With a little care, would the Capsules hold up long enough to make 8 of them a useful entry choice for experiments in Mighty and Volcano?
Just that I have other items I need now and I'll be ordering again sometime soon. Thanks

Are they new yeah, and genuine!? Many stores are selling refurbished units now too. It sounds real familiar though and might have been mentioned here before.
I think the story turned me on to a way of tracking all the worlds' amazons for the best prices. And maybe Germany's amazon is always cheaper for some weird reason?
I suppose it's also not unusual to find one dealer with a genuine thing cheaper than the others but sometimes it doesn't work out so easily.
Recently I also saw that another German (coincidence?) vape and glass store Verdampftnochmal.de has become one of the first to discount their Mighty and Crafty prices to the tune of 8%, which is normally against S&B policy apparently.
Maybe there is an official reduction coming soon across the portable board, as tends to happen when vapes age a bit. I know the Volcanos were just after having a small price reduction when I picked mine up in November.

The pack of 8 dosing capsules in holder should do you long enough. They are more solid than I was expecting. Key to them is putting the lids on square. And after a couple of uses they slide on
and off very easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

silentvaper

Hello good sirs of the vaping community. I am all new to vaping but I have been following the Mighty since it came out as well as this thread (yes all 300+ pages of it) Due to my lifestyle I was not ready to say FC and didn't want to become a guinea pig on a new and expensive vape so I've been waiting and collecting all neccessary information. My VAS has increased to its max and concluded that myself as well as the Mighty are prepared and so pulled the trigger on it. Few days ago I bought the device through a 3rd party on amazon.co.uk at a very reasonable £234. Fortunately, or at least I believe (3 year warranty) I received not the original Storz&Bickel Mighty but the "Vapormed Mighty Medic" the only problem I got with this is that although I am 99.9% sure that the thing is legit, the box did not come with a factory seal and the instructions were missing. At first I was weirded out, so I contacted amazon to return it and I bought a new one only to receive the same exact thing today, no seal, no literature. The serial number on box and device match and from all the info in this forum as well as hundreds of videos and reviews online and Amazon's reputation i'm sure I did not buy a knock off. I cannot compare it to others because I have not been able to find any reviews/unboxings of the Mighty Medic I originally wanted this version but was skeptical as there was not much information about it but IMO it's the same device as the original (non-clinical) Mighty. Therefore I have made a few pictures and a quick unboxing video so any of you there interested can have an idea of what to expect although I haven't bought it through the original vapormed.com site. Enjoy!

strictly vapor

I've been looking for a portable in-line type bubbler for using with Mighty (and future Grasshopper).
I'm in US and would really prefer buying from within US at the moment.
I'm tempted by the 'bundle' that combines Budgie Bubbler with the Vapefiend(?) adapter and I'd be willing to work with the funky adapter IF the bubbler is a worthwhile purchase and if these can be bought in US. I haven't found it yet.

The other thing I see is a Pinnacle Hydo Tube, but I don't know about size it accepts.
[Edit; so I see the Pinnacle Hydro Tube and it is 14 mm, here; http://www.vaporseller.com/pinnacle-vaporizer-water-attachment-hydro-tube.html But are these a good product?]

I believe I'm looking for something that accepts 18mm GonG or SonG, but I guess 14mm is okay.
I really don't know one bubbler or tube from the other, would like one that doesn't leak all over, etc. I've tried researching and have just become more confused.
Any help/suggestions will be appreciated.

This is the best bubbler I have used with the mighty. It is an 18mm hydrotube from dhgate (China) which arrived in my mailbox 7 days after ordering (Canada).

I was shocked to find ZERO imperfections and a very high quality piece, especially for the price (U.S. 38.50).

I am able to attach an 18mm male adapter to the mouthpiece of the Mighty and this fits nicely into the hydrotube. (Ordering custom glass adapter soon to replace cooling unit)

Great piece and is now my go to bubbler for the Mighty.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-26cm-tall-glass-bong-mouthpiece/262624940.html#pd-019

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Hello good sirs of the vaping community. I am all new to vaping but I have been following the Mighty since it came out as well as this thread (yes all 300+ pages of it) Due to my lifestyle I was not ready to say FC and didn't want to become a guinea pig on a new and expensive vape so I've been waiting and collecting all neccessary information. My VAS has increased to its max and concluded that myself as well as the Mighty are prepared and so pulled the trigger on it. Few days ago I bought the device through a 3rd party on amazon.co.uk at a very reasonable £234. Fortunately, or at least I believe (3 year warranty) I received not the original Storz&Bickel Mighty but the "Vapormed Mighty Medic" the only problem I got with this is that although I am 99.9% sure that the thing is legit, the box did not come with a factory seal and the instructions were missing. At first I was weirded out, so I contacted amazon to return it and I bought a new one only to receive the same exact thing today, no seal, no literature. The serial number on box and device match and from all the info in this forum as well as hundreds of videos and reviews online and Amazon's reputation i'm sure I did not buy a knock off. I cannot compare it to others because I have not been able to find any reviews/unboxings of the Mighty Medic I originally wanted this version but was skeptical as there was not much information about it but IMO it's the same device as the original (non-clinical) Mighty. Therefore I have made a few pictures and a quick unboxing video so any of you there interested can have an idea of what to expect although I haven't bought it through the original vapormed.com site. Enjoy!

Welcome @silentvaper ! I hope you love your new toy. I'm sure you will. And I promise this is only the beginning of your vas. Can I suggest you pm @Ratchett or visit his site for some Mighty accessories?

silentvaper

Welcome @silentvaper ! I hope you love your new toy. I'm sure you will. And I promise this is only the beginning of your vas. Can I suggest you pm @Ratchett or visit his site for some Mighty accessories?
I just had my first sess I must say it is exactly how this thread has advertised fast heat up, no draw resistance, huuge clouds and maaaaan have I ever been this "medicated" out of .1g Seems to work exactly as the mighty it is not temperature governed will go up to 210C. Just have to get the filling grinder tool as "The Medic" comes will the capsules and magazine instead but i want to fill my bowl, maybe some oil pads too, and a bubbler and a repair kit and.......

turk

turk
...the filling tool is not a necessary component...it's cool to break out when in the company of a novice...but certainly it's not indispensable ..

TheMadDabber

I ° The Magician
Is there a way to keep the clean the screen from the cooling unit?

I have to clean it every session if not plant material and resin builds up....Fast and frankly is annoying. I am using the capsules. I know I can just put the liquid pad, but I am not a big fan of that. Is there another way?

TheMadDabber,
Reactions: blackstone

silentvaper

What exactly does this mean? Can you not set the temperature where you want it? If so something is wrong. There is a thread about Mighty clones and how to spot them.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/genuine-mighty-vs-fake-mighty.19333/
Few pages ago people where asking if "The Medic" was temp governed. The Volcano Digital Medic differed from its original model in this aspect, the temperature was reduced up to a max of 210C. The original model Mighty can only go up to 210C hence this was not further reduced. I've checked the clone thread my Medic looks and performs 100% going to contact the retailer anyway to make sure it is authentic as advertised. Anyone know if Storz & Bickel/(Vapormed?) can confirm its legit if i email my serial number? Cheers!

3 Sessions = Just 1 bar down :rockon:

radiant34

i wonder if the sticker on the back scratches off like the regular mighty, lmao.

hope these have more of a convection factor! thx for sharing.

also can you provide the amazon link? i want to try to see if i can purchase one myself.

radiant34,
Reactions: Michel

cloudsosmoke

ive been digging around on dhgate recently also ..so ill try to add to the knowledge pool

Ordering custom glass adapter soon to replace cooling unit

can i ask is that then going to be like a muzzmod?
from dhgate?

that hydratube is also part one of the FC MOD
which is a triple bubbler

..they speak well of that dhgate shop in cloud evo thread

cloudsosmoke,

silentvaper

i wonder if the sticker on the back scratches off like the regular mighty, lmao.

hope these have more of a convection factor! thx for sharing.

also can you provide the amazon link? i want to try to see if i can purchase one myself.
I've read you throughout the thread always trashing about it but if you want this is the one I found https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P2K1...=1468439946&sr=sr-1&keywords=mighty+vaporizer I hope this doesn't infringe any rules It advertises for the regular mighty but I have bought it twice and twice received the Medic version. Works like a charm guess it's just the latest update model of the Mighty but with a three year warranty which will be dealt with through Germany so no fear of being let down by CS. I make no promises you too will receive the "Medic" version as it advertises the regular Mighty

blacksilversurfer

Not sure if this has been said already but there are loads of fake mightys on dhgate. Go to dhgate and search mighty vaporizer and a load of them should pop up.

@MadDabber
I've been having the same issue as you while using the caps.....
I usually have a film of avb on the top screen that I need to scape off with the orange tool.
Today when I finished my session there was a film of resin!!! I haven't used/cleaned it since but I bet it hinders performance. I also need a resolution to this. Any help is appreciated!

blacksilversurfer,
Reactions: blackstone

Mr. Me2

Is there a way to keep the clean the screen from the cooling unit?

I have to clean it every session if not plant material and resin builds up....Fast and frankly is annoying. I am using the capsules. I know I can just put the liquid pad, but I am not a big fan of that. Is there another way?
I haven't used the capsules, but to create a spacer in place of the pad, I use a pipe screen. Just cut a wedge out of it so it looks like pac man. Then pull the 2 edges together so it makes a cone and push the cone into the oven.

I find this extra screen layer helps keep the cu clean(er) too. About cleaning the screen in the cu, personally, I never remove it. I just take the cu apart and drop the 2 pieces and mouthpiece into ISO (I use a ziplock baggie) and put the Baggie into a jar of hot water for about 10-15 minutes. Then rinse in water, dry, and reassemble. Your screen will be like new.

But I suggest you get a couple extra cu's. That way you can rotate and clean them all at once.

It seems your screen gets dirty very fast. Maybe your grind is too fine? I can usually go about a month between cleanings.

blackstone

Is there another way?

There is! and I found it by mistake.
The first night I got my Mighty, I dumped my liquid pad into the fire by mistake with some ABV!
So I had been playing around with torn up cotton wool balls in other vapes, I tried some in the Mighty (no capsules), and continued like this until recently.
My findings:
It's fully and easily customizable in size and will push into shape and hold well.
It's easy to empty when hot and will leave the area around the CU totally clean. (emptying cold will leave fibers attached to CU, but these can be wiped by the next "hot emptying")
There may be a tiny effect (maybe not a negative one) on vapor quality or flavor (I used regular pharmacy cotton balls)
I had a tiny worry of inhaling fibers but I doubt this is possible through a sticky CU interior, I felt I was spending too much time placing the cotton when filling, and I just want to experiment with various screens and order new liquid pads now.
The only downside for you is that the cotton will need to be placed over the capsule and then thrown away after. Sounds easy but might get tedious after 100 times! Perhaps you could pre-make little balls.
You should have space, as the tiniest wispy covering of cotton should do what you need.

Purchased my mighty from an online vape shop here in uk for £200 (€240ish) plus free gifts. I see the seller has put prices up £20 since. Probably to do with exchange rate after the brexit mess.

The pack of 8 dosing capsules in holder should do you long enough. They are more solid than I was expecting. Key to them is putting the lids on square. And after a couple of uses they slide on
and off very easily.

You did well with that price, it's a good unit for that kinda money! Great competitive retailers in the UK too though.
Thanks for the advice I'll get the 8 so for a start, and I'm good at cleaning vape stuff etc by now so I might be able to keep them working for a while!
Nice looking bike on the photo there, i'll bet those new Austrian ones are real fun. And the paint scheme now matches your Mighty/ filling tools etc!!
Good luck with it!

i found with caps that if it gets bent out of shape
you can push the lid right down into its slot in magazine

it acts as a temporary vice and realigns the lid for correct fit
so you can then fit base on more easily..then pry whole capsule out

Nice trick, I will try it. Cheers!

You did well there! And cool video too, I was pausing it to read the different markings on the rear. IP22 etc, wonder if the normal mighty is IP22 but just doesnt say on it.
That "INT: 7 on/ 30 off" has me intrigued too, something to do with interference with sensitive medical items perhaps, google shows nothing for it.
Last time I was in my doctors office I laughed thinking, "Pretty soon there could be a Mighty medic in here!" with a big box of those mouthpieces.
I think the reason there's no manual, is because the Medic manual gives advice which might be deemed "unsaleable" in your region if you get me.
Where the normal manual (and every other vape in UK) only advises regular aromatherapy.
Good luck with the unit, though you probably won't need it!
Did you take off the screen covering sticker right away??? I did on mine!

radiant34

I've read you throughout the thread always trashing about it but if you want this is the one I found https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00P2K1...=1468439946&sr=sr-1&keywords=mighty+vaporizer I hope this doesn't infringe any rules It advertises for the regular mighty but I have bought it twice and twice received the Medic version. Works like a charm guess it's just the latest update model of the Mighty but with a three year warranty which will be dealt with through Germany so no fear of being let down by CS. I make no promises you too will receive the "Medic" version as it advertises the regular Mighty
Yea haha you did read through this thread! and yea, this vape's original pricing was $500, you got a steal. i wonder if build quality is any different from the regular units.

CAB

Has anyone tried to clean the dosing capsules? I just got the small pack and the lids got very sticky over time. Not quite sure if there is an easy way to get them clean again or if it's more practical to buy the large pack and toss them after a while

CAB,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This is the best bubbler I have used with the mighty. It is an 18mm hydrotube from dhgate (China) which arrived in my mailbox 7 days after ordering (Canada).

I was shocked to find ZERO imperfections and a very high quality piece, especially for the price (U.S. 38.50).

I am able to attach an 18mm male adapter to the mouthpiece of the Mighty and this fits nicely into the hydrotube. (Ordering custom glass adapter soon to replace cooling unit)

Great piece and is now my go to bubbler for the Mighty.

http://m.dhgate.com/product/high-quality-26cm-tall-glass-bong-mouthpiece/262624940.html#pd-019
Thank you.
I'm looking for a portable bubbler, I referred to "in-line' but maybe that's not the right description. By that I meant one like the Budgie Bubbler (I have not seen authentic one for sale in U.S.) or maybe like the Pinnacle Hydratube. I'd prefer to buy in U.S. but that's not a hard rule.

@CAB I've been using the dosing caps a lot and the fad has not worn off yet. They do get sticky (lids especially) and the c/u screen gets sticky, too. Because I'm doing between 8 and 12 caps a day (together with wife) I don't want to clean all the time, but every 2-3 days I take all the caps (I only have 16 at the moment) and put in a ziplock with only about an ounce of iso. 5-10 minutes and just a little shaking, then a good rinse with cold water, set on a paper towel to air dry. Then I put the c/u in the iso, only removing mouthpiece and separating the halves. Same 5-10 min. and couple of shakes. Frequent cleaning means quicker cleaning. For tough buildup, the ziplock with parts and iso in it can be placed in a glass or bowl of warm water. I've used the same screen for months. Lots of Mighty/Crafty owners clean this way.
I've been using fine screen in Mighty, but I think the old 'regular' screen will be less prone to resin buildup on it that seems so much more common when using the dosing caps. I just haven't taken the time to swap!

Idk why folks think cleaning Mighty is difficult, I'm just putting things in a bag of iso, except for the bowl, which I warm up a little and use a magic eraser with either iso or water (very sparingly on either). This is the drudgery, but I'm only doing it once every couple of weeks.

Edit; I'm gonna add that fine grind and tightly packed caps seem to restrict draw and probably add to gunk on screen (solids). It's possible that with a coarser grind the caps could be used with no screen at all in c/u. I'll give that a try over the next few days...

Last edited:
Top Bottom