The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

turk

turk
...firefly2...better with concentrates...even better taste than mighty...( yes...that good )...but you can take one or two hits...you are fine...mighty....longer sessions...friends can get in...bigger battery life...not stealthy (if that concerns you)...larger bowl...love both....almost forgot...firefly2 easier to clean..

This is the discretion I referred to earlier; a human being is trying to work with you despite rules.

I think they've made a reasonable offer and if it were me I'd take a new Mighty with 18 month warranty remaining in a heartbeat. You may feel under-appreciated at the moment, but you'd be surprised how easily all is forgiven the day the new unit arrives!
Others in the past have been told when having sent in that some things will be repaired under warranty while they'd have to pay for some other things, all as part of the same service. I believe you will be on thin ice at that point, since of course they'll have a record of this interaction. just my 2 cents. ;)

if you saw how new my mighty looks you would understand that a new unit is going to make little difference (it never leaves the house), yes the oven would be a little cleaner but how long does that last. would the replacement be any less likely to start rattling or cracking as mine is the latest version,( it has the reinforce bit by the oven and that's where it cracked. ). so yes it is a reasonable offer, just not what i expected from Storz and Bickel based on how other peoples experiences i have heard.

...firefly2...better with concentrates...even better taste than mighty...( yes...that good )...but you can take one or two hits...you are fine...mighty....longer sessions...friends can get in...bigger battery life...not stealthy (if that concerns you)...larger bowl...love both....almost forgot...firefly2 easier to clean..

thanks for the info, which has the best build quality?

Last edited by a moderator:

turk

turk
....both are built well...but.. I'm a older guy....it's not like I knock my shit around...and my children are adults...so....it's not like I place a lot of stress on my units...have dropped mighty a couple of times though...never stopped working ...hope that helps.

....both are built well...but.. I'm a older guy....it's not like I knock my shit around...and my children are adults...so....it's not like I place a lot of stress on my units...have dropped mighty a couple of times though...never stopped working ...hope that helps.

yeah that's great thanks, i'm in the same situation which is why i am so surprised about my mighty cracking and rattling as i am also old careful and it never leaves my house

turk

turk
....I have a crafty that kind of rattles (if shaken, vigorously )..but it to functions...so I don't worry about it..I've taken my mighty everywhere...

turk,

tdriver

here's there reply

Dear Mr. Weir,

we understand how frustrating it must be to know that such an obvious case of "non warranty" got replaced free of charge while your own case with a much lesser degree of damage demands payment. We assure you that the way your friend was treated was an exception - and most likely something that was overlooked , since it is not our policy to replace outright and evidently damaged devices.

The warranty is subject to proper use and storage of the products and does not include any defects due to normal wear and tear or deterioration, including, but not limited to, defects on screens, air filters, balloon material and valve balloons.

Defects on the housing are generally due to improper use or wear and are not covered by our warranty for this reason. We certainly do not want to accuse you of dropping or abusing your device in any way, we are just stating that generally the damages we receive and encounter with the housings are due to improper use or deterioration. Since we have no way of truly knowing how the individual customer has treated his device, we avert to warranting such cases.

Since we do care about the satisfaction of our customers, we want to offer you a brand new device for the price that should have been for a repair service.

If this is something that works out for you, please send 69,00 € to our PayPal account info@storz-bickel.com . Your new device is going to get shipped out once we are able to trace the payment.

With kind regards,

Technical Support

is this from S&B USA or Germany??

tdriver,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
would love to hear your thoughts on mighty v firefly 2

FF2: on demand, all convection, extremely tasty, very conservative with weed, all (mostly all) metal and very solid and portable, bit of a learning curve, requires intervention in the form of stirring, requires app to change temps, can be temperamental, won't achieve full extraction in most cases, super easy and fast to clean, beautiful design.

Mighty: hybrid convection/conduction, tasty but not as much as the FF, can be a weed hog, lots of plastic and a bit bulky, no learning curve, no intervention necessary ever, temps change on the device, super-consistent performance, extracts fully, pain in the ass to clean, pretty damned ugly.

Verdict: get 'em both. :p (Seriously, I think they make a perfect complementary pair....one is a brutally efficient machine, one is a personal device requiring more finesse.)

subway13029

Maybe germany because he is saying euros for the price..I wouldn't think the Oakland location would deal with a European claim..just my 2 cents

subway13029,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I think they've made a reasonable offer

Definitely NOT a reasonable offer at all!!!

They KNOW these shits Crack, hence the reinforced housing...and unfortunately that isn't enough!

We have all justified the purchase of a high priced high performing device KNOWING it is prone to breaks, but still recommend it because you can assure people they will be covored.

This is a bad sign to me and seems to indicate the housing issues are starting to hurt their pockets.

Wear and tear is not covered but the housing cracks due to manufacturers defect...they should use better materials.

Fuck coddling S&B...lol

@bobknocker if you do replace it, you should try the cfx...I've heard good things...ijs

They KNOW these shits Crack, hence the reinforced housing...and unfortunately that isn't enough!

We have all justified the purchase of a high priced high performing device KNOWING it is prone to breaks, but still recommend it because you can assure people they will be covored.

This is a bad sign to me and seems to indicate the housing issues are starting to hurt their pockets.

Wear and tear is not covered but the housing cracks due to manufacturers defect...they should use better materials.

Fuck coddling S&B...lol

@bobknocker if you do replace it, you should try the cfx...I've heard good things...ijs

Hey you are bang on the money, i knew they cracked and had other faults when i bought it, but believed there after sales service was that good that what ever happened it would be ok, as they would stand behind their product and replace any defective parts. never heard of the CFX i'll check it out but i am not sure if you can get it in the UK

is this from S&B USA or Germany??

germany

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Fuck coddling S&B...lol

Hey you are bang on the money, i knew they cracked and had other faults when i bought it, but believed there after sales service was that good that what ever happened it would be ok, as they would stand behind their product and replace any defective parts. never heard of the CFX i'll check it out but i am not sure if you can get it in the UK

germany

I had forgotten that @bobknocker had sent in a working piece and only needed housing. Had it been an unusable piece, I was thinking that the $ sounded reasonable to extend the ride from zero to 18 months.

@WakeAndVape we know that you had a shitty experience with S&B and blown apart housing, and so yours is a reasonable feeling and bias about them and I respect your opinion. However I also think that we tend to see the problems and bad experiences magnified somewhat on these pages.

@bobknocker's question was about the odds of new Mighty cracking in the future. I've had mine 9 months and it hasn't cracked around the bowl in the slightest. Yes some creaks and moans, and one non-critical tiny piece broke off housing once when dropped (my fault!), but I estimate something on the order of 350 hours on it. At this point there are tens of thousands of working Mighty's in the wild and realistically we have no valid metric for judging the reliability, just anecdotes.

I've had mostly vg experiences with S&B, except I was disappointed once when I was charged for Crafty batteries when I thought it was way too early for that. I paid and moved on (they sent a new-in-box unit), and I'm still on same the warranty ride, now riding with Mighty. I agree that their 'bedside manner' could use work.

I was suggesting @bobknocker that this 'opportunity' will not present again itself as he's hoping it may in the future. I could be mistaken.

Peace.

I had forgotten that @bobknocker had sent in a working piece and only needed housing. Had it been an unusable piece, I was thinking that the $ sounded reasonable to extend the ride from zero to 18 months.

@WakeAndVape we know that you had a shitty experience with S&B and blown apart housing, and so yours is a reasonable feeling and bias about them and I respect your opinion. However I also think that we tend to see the problems and bad experiences magnified somewhat on these pages.

@bobknocker's question was about the odds of new Mighty cracking in the future. I've had mine 9 months and it hasn't cracked around the bowl in the slightest. Yes some creaks and moans, and one non-critical tiny piece broke off housing once when dropped (my fault!), but I estimate something on the order of 350 hours on it. At this point there are tens of thousands of working Mighty's in the wild and realistically we have no valid metric for judging the reliability, just anecdotes.

I've had mostly vg experiences with S&B, except I was disappointed once when I was charged for Crafty batteries when I thought it was way too early for that. I paid and moved on (they sent a new-in-box unit), and I'm still on same the warranty ride, now riding with Mighty. I agree that their 'bedside manner' could use work.

I was suggesting @bobknocker that this 'opportunity' will not present again itself as he's hoping it may in the future. I could be mistaken.

Peace.

don't get me wrong, i love the mighty, i love everything about it other than the fact that it rattles and has 2 small cracks only i know are there. It lives on my desk, gets used multiple times every day and does everything i could want from a vaporiser. i just wanted to make the community aware that Storz and Bickel seem to have tightened up what they are prepared to warrentee. lots of people have bought mighty's and crafty's based on my recommendation and i am sure i will still sing its praises, i just like premium products to be premium quality and have top notch after sales

blazedd

had a kinda sketchy moment with my mighty just now... had 3 bars when I turned it on, started heating up then I noticed the battery dropped to no bars and started flashing... still working and still using it atm.. everytime I turn it back on its just flashing with no bars, I just hooked it up to charge, but its flashing with no bars again..

but I started charging it like someone else here mentioned, once it drops to 2/3 bars - charge it up to 5th bar, not all the way.. now im not sure if that was the best way to do it.. maybe thats what caused this..?

dang, 1 bar started flashing so i turned it back on, but temp was at 110c and just kept dropping instead.. just gonna leave it plugged in to charge to full from now on.. does anyone know if its safe to have it plugged it after its fully charged?

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
had a kinda sketchy moment with my mighty just now... had 3 bars when I turned it on, started heating up then I noticed the battery dropped to no bars and started flashing... still working and still using it atm.. everytime I turn it back on its just flashing with no bars, I just hooked it up to charge, but its flashing with no bars again..

but I started charging it like someone else here mentioned, once it drops to 2/3 bars - charge it up to 5th bar, not all the way.. now im not sure if that was the best way to do it.. maybe thats what caused this..?

dang, 1 bar started flashing so i turned it back on, but temp was at 110c and just kept dropping instead.. just gonna leave it plugged in to charge to full from now on.. does anyone know if its safe to have it plugged it after its fully charged?
Last question first, it's no problem to leave it on the charger after full, at least not for me and I do it every day. I also don't think your conservative charging habit has anything to do with this odd behavior.
I'm trying to remember ; maybe all bars flash as unit is nearly depleted of charge? Now on charger it's gotten to one bar, maybe will go to full if you leave it alone a little while!
No error codes?
Is your unit old enough that batteries may not be charging properly/fully, or some such thing?

vapviking,
Reactions: blazedd

Eatrocks

Fuck coddling S&B...lol

We pay it for the experience...thats what its built for....the 2 yr warranty says that.
Best case scenario is it becomes a desktop once the batteries no longer hold a charge..and at that point u might as well buy a new mighty @$320 rather than ship to storz and pay $140 for battery replacement.

Its akin to owning an iphone imo. Btw my 700 dollar samsung is shitting the bed after 6 months of light use...

tdriver

what if a version 2 came out soon......

would we be able to upgrade with a reasonable price.....?
I wouldn't even care to send it in for warranty right now (err004 but working) if they assured me it would be possible.
my warranty ends in December.

Mrbrown81k

I wouldn't even care to send it in for warranty right now (err004 but working) if they assured me it would be possible.
I wouldnt expect them to come out with anything new anytime soon. Look how long they've stuck with the same Volcano for..

Mrbrown81k,

tdriver

I wouldnt expect them to come out with anything new anytime soon. Look how long they've stuck with the same Volcano for..

true, but afaik the volcano has not half the problems, the mighty has.

....and I refuse to believe the won't come out with an v2 or something, cause this prolonged problem/warranty issue will only make their good name bad....or worse (if not already) they are already people they wouldn't buy a s&b product again....

well....you could also call it wishful thinking....!

Mrbrown81k

true, but afaik the volcano has not half the problems, the mighty has.

....and I refuse to believe the won't come out with an v2 or something, cause this prolonged problem/warranty issue will only make their good name bad....or worse (if not already) they are already people they wouldn't buy a s&b product again....

well....you could also call it wishful thinking....!
I had to return my Crafty twice already but this third one has been working great so far (other than a faulty LED light) and its been several months now. Im pretty sure they've improved (or atleast tried to ) each batch they've produced, and hoping by now they've fixed all their issues. I could be wrong but Im sure they wont be coming out with anything new other than accessories and new firmware updates for the next 5 years or so.

Mrbrown81k,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
We pay it for the experience...thats what its built for....the 2 yr warranty says that.
Best case scenario is it becomes a desktop once the batteries no longer hold a charge..and at that point u might as well buy a new mighty @$320 rather than ship to storz and pay $140 for battery replacement.

Its akin to owning an iphone imo. Btw my 700 dollar samsung is shitting the bed after 6 months of light use...
I never have and will just pay for an 'experience' with a vape...their build quality is unacceptable to begin with and refusing to warranty on the grounds of build quality is horse shit.

That IS THE point...regardless of the issues I had with them, I recieved new units or repairs for FREE!

might have been a shit show to get it though.

18 months left on the warranty means that this unit was under 6 months old.

Paying for a new Mighty with 18 months left on warranty, that is still being shipped with the same formula of plastic for housing is insane. Period. I won't justify it for them.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Michel

blazedd

Last question first, it's no problem to leave it on the charger after full, at least not for me and I do it every day. I also don't think your conservative charging habit has anything to do with this odd behavior.
I'm trying to remember ; maybe all bars flash as unit is nearly depleted of charge? Now on charger it's gotten to one bar, maybe will go to full if you leave it alone a little while!
No error codes?
Is your unit old enough that batteries may not be charging properly/fully, or some such thing?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the empty bar should flash when it's nearly depleted, but mine had 3 bars when I turned it on - suddenly just dropped to 0. But sorry about the panic post, it was 5 min before I had to go to work and I had a few puffs, then suddenly noticed and freaked out. It's been on the charger for a bit and up to the 5th bar, I think I'm just going to go back to normal and charge all the way to full once it dies, or maybe 1 bar, but no more of that weird charging. And no error code yet.. bought it a while ago, serial number is actually in the 300's, used it for maybe a week or two then long time storage until just about last week.

Last edited:
blazedd,

Eatrocks

Send it in...you should get back a new mighty with the current specs(thicker housing fins, 2 min auto shutoff, firmware)

Eatrocks,
Reactions: nb8475

vapviking

Old & In the Way

You have a no-brainer warranty issue, Error code 004 is 'faulty unit'.

To upgrade from Crafty to Mighty it typically requires that Crafty has valid warranty claim, so I assume that even if there were a v2 Mighty, one would need to make a warranty claim to qualify for upgrade from current Mighty.
If/when a v2 comes around (which I don't believe will be soon, if ever), maybe there will be a promo loyalty discount for previous owners, but only that, not a big trade-in program, to be sure.

This is idle speculation anyway, as @Eatrocks says,

Send it in...you should get back a new mighty with the current specs(thicker housing fins, 2 min auto shutoff, firmware)

vapviking,
Top Bottom