The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Dolpaca

I must have misunderstood. I thought the question was which vapes don't give you duff that you like.
Oh, maybe I misunderstood haha!
The pax 3 and the xmax v3 pro are the other vapes that were a bit inconsistent for me.
The pax 3 would always leave the top layer of herb still green while using the full oven lid. The V3 pro would always leave a hotspot in the center of the herb and the outer edges of the bowl would remain a but green

aniceto

Only the MiniVap and the Mighty do that for me, and it's a huge thing for me.

Dynavap and VapMan did that too but it's not fair to compare since these ones tend to overroast the load in a tiny chamber through conduction... any vape sharing these attributes can get evenly vaped loads.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Mighty loose charger connection?
Hi, trying to help someone in CA, I am in MN.
They are a chemo/ Med user and their relatively new Mighty will not charge properly ….
Loose connection at input.

POV tells them send to S&B Europe, which tells him send and pay $75 in case not a warranty….

1. Any known way to fix the loose connection?
2. Any tips or suggestions how to proceed??

Thank you fcers.

olysh pops

Hi, I suggest you to check that the plug is correctly inserted on the Mighty side and on the power supply side.

Then, if possible, try the charger with another Mighty or the Mighty with another charger, in order to isolate the failure (with a relative or in a store).

To be able to help you better, can you indicate the version of the Mighty?

As for my experience with the S&B warranty, a Mighty screen that displays an error message or a Mighty screen damaged by pressure have always earned me a new unit. The after sales service is great in my opinion. It's not always necessary to give too many details about how the failure happened.

;)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Mighty loose charger connection?
Hi, trying to help someone in CA, I am in MN.
They are a chemo/ Med user and their relatively new Mighty will not charge properly ….
Loose connection at input.

POV tells them send to S&B Europe, which tells him send and pay $75 in case not a warranty….

1. Any known way to fix the loose connection?

Thank you fcers.
I was convinced I had this problem with my 10-month-old Mighty plus. USB C plug felt wobbly. Charging was intermittent and super temperamental. I even got an RMA and was ready to send the unit in.

Then, on a whim, I did the thing I should have tried first: plugged in a different USB C cable. Like, duh. It was firmly seated in the Mighty and charging was once again consistent. It wasn’t the USB C port in the Mighty that was loose and wobbly…it was the male end of the supplied USB C cable that was wobbly.

So yeah, try a new cable. The one that comes with the Mighty is apparently not all that well-made. :2c:

Last edited:

RedZep

Tempted to get a Mighty in 420 sales. I've needed a no nonsense easy to use portable for years. I had the OG mighty however, and over time it became very inconsistent, often not able to extract at all, even though screen said it was at temp.

It really puts me off as Mighty is not a cheap vape. The price point is similar to some desktops you will be able to use for many years (I recently put together a B0 set up for around $170).

Is this common? And if so do we know what is happening? Is it a battery issue? If so would the mighty still maintain full usability when plugged in?

RedZep,

MDude

Tempted to get a Mighty in 420 sales. I've needed a no nonsense easy to use portable for years. I had the OG mighty however, and over time it became very inconsistent, often not able to extract at all, even though screen said it was at temp.

It really puts me off as Mighty is not a cheap vape. The price point is similar to some desktops you will be able to use for many years (I recently put together a B0 set up for around $170).

Is this common? And if so do we know what is happening? Is it a battery issue? If so would the mighty still maintain full usability when plugged in?
Yes, it would.

RedZep

Thanks fellas!

I am not super strict about managing the battery, but in general I charge when I get to around 20%. I do fully charge. With no ability to limit the charging cap (like I do on my car), I’ve never put too much energy into it. My OG has the original battery and is still going with reasonable degradation after 4-5? years.

Also, I suppose its possible I’m imagining the difference? Maybe it’s worth the investment to get a new Mighty every year or two?

I hope my posts don’t scare any prospective buyers away. Mighty is still the #1 portable I’ve used!
It's scared me away for about 5 years. I've experienced it myself. Mighty is in a very annoying place for me. It's still the only real portable that isn't a pain to use outdoors. It costs the same as many desktop vapes, and it seems to have the lifespan of a disposable unit.

I'm at a place where I'm going to say screw it an buy one anyway. We might never get a competing vape for this space, so we have no choice. Other portables are either underpowered with poor vapour quality, or they are a complicated pain to use outdoors (looking at you TM2).

Just painful to splash that much cash knowing it will be landfill. I'm honestly amazed no one has made a competitive vape to the Mighty in all this time. Do we have to wait another 15 years?

RedZep,
Reactions: Greenkey

darbarikanada

I'm honestly amazed no one has made a competitive vape to the Mighty in all this time
sometimes a manufacturer just gets it right. I've had an OG mighty for 8 years and it still works great. from everything that I've read on this forum, there isn't another vape that checks all the boxes for me. maybe I'm wrong, but what other vape does all this?
- almost no learning curve
- can vape wax and hash as well as flower/leaf
- is discreet enough to use in public (the mighty looks enough like a mod-based tobacco vape that the only people who'd know what it really is are people who wouldn't care that you're vaping in public anyways)
- no stirring, ever. always makes evenly colored ABV
- can make tasty, cool hits or big clouds (or both)

RedZep

sometimes a manufacturer just gets it right. I've had an OG mighty for 8 years and it still works great. from everything that I've read on this forum, there isn't another vape that checks all the boxes for me. maybe I'm wrong, but what other vape does all this?
- almost no learning curve
- can vape wax and hash as well as flower/leaf
- is discreet enough to use in public (the mighty looks enough like a mod-based tobacco vape that the only people who'd know what it really is are people who wouldn't care that you're vaping in public anyways)
- no stirring, ever. always makes evenly colored ABV
- can make tasty, cool hits or big clouds (or both)
Agreed. There are lots of portables people like to use on the house. But if you want to have one on the go it has to tick certain boxes. Easy to transport, sturdy, easy to refill, easy to use, good battery. Mighty is the only one that has done it imo. And I'm not a fanboy, I actually wish we had a bigger selection. Vapour quality is also great for portable session vape.

I feel really let down by the industry to be honest. We shoild have competitors by now. It's just embarrassing.

RedZep,

darbarikanada

We should have competitors by now. It's just embarrassing.
there's been a lot of improvement in all-convection in recent years, but maybe hybrid (conduction/convection) got about as good as it can get. people really had to split hairs to discern any difference between the mighty and the mighty+; if S&B couldn't noticeably improve their own 'flagship' portable after ~8 years with all their resources, that suggests we're at 'peak' technology, if only for hybrid portables.

olysh pops

I also have a lot of respect for the Mighty, especially for outdoor use. With an overloaded bowl of hash I like to make two, three huge clouds, temperature blocked at the maximum, then wait a little and start again. boom ! haha :tup:

Mighty-bowl-hash-overload.png

To join the discussion on potential competitor to the Mighty, also hybrid but in a different range, I keep a curious eye on the feedback of the Bakes All Kind.

Last edited:

RedZep

there's been a lot of improvement in all-convection in recent years, but maybe hybrid (conduction/convection) got about as good as it can get. people really had to split hairs to discern any difference between the mighty and the mighty+; if S&B couldn't noticeably improve their own 'flagship' portable after ~8 years with all their resources, that suggests we're at 'peak' technology, if only for hybrid portables.
This seems a more balanced take than mine. Seems like the truth.

RedZep,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Portables, as a category, have always been pricier than desktops, generally speaking. Hell, you can get a log setup like an E Nano for a little over 100 that your heirs will be fighting over. Hard to find a great port for that kind of money.

The Mighty really does tick all the boxes for some of us. While mine haven’t been as resilient as others’ (I bought two 8 years ago and the second died after 2.5 years….the other works ok but has diminished power) I do use the crap out of them. My year-ish old Plus still seems to work like new.

You can find a Plus for not much over 300 if you look around. If it lasts you two years it costs you less than 50 cents a day. That‘s like three sips of a beer in a bar per day. :lol: I know the SB products are a bit overpriced but if you amortize the cost over the life of the unit it’s a reasonable cost to enjoy a truly versatile and excellent portable.

glasper

Hi everyone, after years of enjoying the Volcano, I just purchased a Mighty -- I wanted similar quality for fast (1-2 minute heat up), solo use.

I enjoyed my first session, including using the dosing capsule it came with (new experience for me).

So...I'm thinking about buying a set of dosing capsules and then preloading a bunch in advance and storing so I can use whenever (not for travel - rather for efficiency - i.e., not needing to do the work of grinding flower and loading it each time).

I'm new to this, so I'd appreciate any advice, including:

1. Is this a good idea?

2. Compared to leaving herb unground in a glass jar, does it stay fresh if ground and placed into the dosing capsule and not used for 1-2 months? If equally fresh, I'd likely load 20-40 at once and then not reload until I need to again. If not equally fresh, I'd likely load <10 at a time.

3. If the freshness is preserved and I opt to fill many at once, is the filling set worth it (filling set + 40 dosing capsules for $50) or best to simply get the capsules alone?

4. Any other tips?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. Any other accessories worth considering? (I was thinking about getting a little stand)

Last edited:
glasper,
Reactions: BigJr48

tbill

The stand is well worth it, as it turns the Mighty + into a desktop. I have bought a glass water adapter that I find useful. Have my doubts that grinding up 40 doses can be good for potency. I use 1 at a time and only takes a minute or 2 to get ready. I would buy a 5 pack of dosing capsules and some extra screens. I have made 2 dosing capsules last 9 months so far.

tbill,
Reactions: glasper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Compared to leaving herb unground in a glass jar, does it stay fresh if ground and placed into the dosing capsule and not used for 1-2 months?
The short answer is no, a bud in a tight glass jar will stay fresher longer, especially if you use a humidity control packet, like a Boveda. Ground flower will dry out sooner, loose flavor and to some degree, potency.
It's a little like coffee; better fresh ground than from the bottom of a can of per-ground...
So, maybe one of the circular caddies with 8 caps would be more than enough?

Yeah, a stand is a good idea, mine is always on the stand.

glasper

The stand is well worth it, as it turns the Mighty + into a desktop. I have bought a glass water adapter that I find useful. Have my doubts that grinding up 40 doses can be good for potency. I use 1 at a time and only takes a minute or 2 to get ready. I would buy a 5 pack of dosing capsules and some extra screens. I have made 2 dosing capsules last 9 months so far.
Thanks. Can you share more about the glass water adapter?

glasper,

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
The only drawback of that style adapter is that you are still running through your CU, clogging it with honey, and ultimately lowering the flavor of subsequent bowls unless you clean it consistently. Using a WPA in place of the cooling unit cuts down on cleaning and flavor loss. IMO and YMMV of course.

tbill

I see POTV sells a silicon WPA for $25 and a glass one $10 cheaper. I would have thought it would be the other way around?
Any opinion as to which one is better?

tbill,
Top Bottom