The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

kairos

You might change your mind when the LCD screen fails at the start of a camping trip and leaves you button guessing temps, would have been a nice addition you would not use if you did not want to..would have added 5 or 10 bucks to the build price though!
I am too conservative to bring a smartphone on a camping trip. I am scared of screens between me and nature, except the basic Mighty screen obviously.

Vasgas

Haven't seen anyone say they'll be buying one. I guess I'll take one for the team when the time comes lol. I'm curious how a faster heating, no (less) metal bowl tastes like? Probably not too different. I just wanna give in to my vas i guess

stonedmallone

Zero surprises, that's unfortunate. Literally everything that has been revealed everyone has been predicting for months now. Still, will be a top vape when it releases just because the Mighty is the little engine that goes and goes...

I probably won't pick up one for a few years. Mine is still chugging along greatly.

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Attachments

• 1631279367078.png
    1631279367078.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 2

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
RE: Pass through charging on Crafty +: My beloved 3-year-old 20% more Crafty(a free and speedy S-B replacement for a failed og Crafty still under warranty) was failing with flashing blue/red lights a few weeks ago, it was way out of warranty, and I was obsessing about and then ordered a Crafty +. Somewhere S-B specifically says the C + doesn't do pass-through charging while vaping and trying to do so could damage the vape. (Fortunately installing a new jcat battery solved my temp sensor problem and so I'm still delightedly using my old Crafty.)

Endless Interim

Haven't seen anyone say they'll be buying one. I guess I'll take one for the team when the time comes lol. I'm curious how a faster heating, no (less) metal bowl tastes like? Probably not too different. I just wanna give in to my vas i guess
I will as soon as I can get back to working as I only have a Dynavap and a Miqro for portables.Thing that really blew me away was when I got my Miqro I used the same flower I'd been using for months in the Dynavap in the Miqro and....OH MAN!! The high was way more better all around.If I did not know it was the same flower I would have thought it was stronger and different flower.

Since then the Dynavap collects dust as the high with the same flower in the Miqro is just that more potent.And I did use the Dynavap a few times in between using the Miqro and it just was not the same.But anyway....

I figure one or two more portables for me and I am good.Have a couple of interviews to go and as soon as I am hired I'll pick one up when I can get my hands on one.Not crazy about a $50 increase but if it is good I figure,''pay once cry once.''

dimmusp

It's unclear if it's just a ceramic coating or a new ceramic bowl.
To me ceramic > aluminium. 100% even though this is a small change it's the one thing i was hoping for, that they would move away from aluminium.

Storz N Bickel did say the screen is 'improved'

Personally I'm glad they didn't add bluetooth.

I actually wish the video was a bit longer and went into more detail.

I really want confirmation on if Crafty+ has passthrough charging.
If it does then that's my next vape. I think it'd be really disappointing if they managed to get passthrough working through USB-C on the mighty but not on the crafty.
If you run out of battery with the Crafty+, you have to let it charge for a few minutes to get to a certain minimum. After that, you can use it while plugged into the charger and have your whole session like that. However I think the charger is only strong enough to hold the charge while vaping. It can't fill up the battery at the same time.

BTW the Crafty+ charger is Micro USB, not USB-C, and the port doesn't feel very long-lasting.

Makroskop

.. Still no official WPA from S&B?

They should have changed whole construction for that, I guess.

I stopped useing the wpa since it damage the vaporizer/ heater in long term. The Heater starts wiggle so... Quality is really weak for such expensive product .... Mighty is not good to use with WPA . It is too heavy. Maybe it does work better with the crafty.

However , S &B decide to be a Cash Cow.

No Innovation, just sell a lot of products as a "wannabe premium product", because they have a big market share since they dropped their old milestone 10-15 years ago. but since then literally nothing happens!

I personally can not buy another S&B product . I dont see any really good Changes. Sad story imho. 10 -15 years Mighty and S&B
and the best improvement is an USB Port and it can stand by itself now ? Really!? :lol:

How can they be that arrogant? :clap: Have they even watched what the competetors are doing? :doh:

The whole Marketing and Public Relation is a really big joke for me. ;) I can only laugh about that and feel ashamed at the same time.

I wouldnt say anything if this product would cost now 150 dollar less, but they higher the price for such crappy improvements while they keep the old technology.

I guess S&B will lose the game in the market on long term to be the very best vaporizer with such stupid behaviour.

Its gonna be a poor dog soon.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
BTW the Crafty+ charger is Micro USB, not USB-C, and the port doesn't feel very long-lasting.
With this announcement they've changed Crafty+ to usb-c, (and added ceramic liner to the chamber) available soon...
I bet it is still aluminium under that ceramic coating.:2c:
So a Mighty+ with a jhook gets rid of the aluminium/plastic in the vapor path after the heater but that heater is still aluminium...good enough for me...once Black Friday rolls around...maybe.

Those tabs for feet upgrade make the old saying that S&B made the Mighty that way so it would not fall over and break a bit mute, it now looks very ready for a spill!
Yeah, when I bought first Crafty (2015) it was $399 USD and over time it came down, as did Mighty that started at over $400, so they've kinda reset the clock now.
Candy bars in the US go through similar cycles (I've been in and out of Snickers dependency, so I know).
As they follow inflation and markets, the size might increase (now 20% more! etc.) then after a bit the price will increase. The next year they'll reduce the size and the price to simulate 'savings'. A year or two later, the cycle repeats, but the fact holds, you get less for more money.
So, yeah, there will be sales and reductions, they've just gotta start a little high to skim that cream off the market. The patient will be rewarded.

The feet; I have been a big proponent of the idea that S&B had certainly not let og stand on its' own because of risk of breakage, even from a simple face-plant. It has happened to mine. I'm pretty leary of this concession on the part of S&B, but, whatever.

potatobass

so…
Given that:
-you can get any vaporizer on the market for that price, even2 really good different units.
-The crafty+ with usb-c can be used on an external battery making it very close to a mighty+ imho

Does that make sense to buy a 400$ mighty in 2021? Is it that good?
Never tried the mighty , so genuine question here.
I mean … i can get a decent portable( one of the 510 mod, or a davinci for exemple), and a plenty for that price.
Or just a tafee, or a tinymight….
Or a crafty+ new version + a good external battery+ a bag of herb😅

darbarikanada

you can get the OG mighty for ~$280 from a bunch of places (check vapospy). I imagine the price of the mighty+ will slowly come down over time. personally, I'd replace my (OG) mighty in a minute if it died on me - the only reason to look at other portables (IMO) is if you want 'on-demand' or if 2 min. heat-up doesn't work for you. it's a great device: that's why the changes are minimal after 5+ years - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I mean … i can get a decent portable( one of the 510 mod, or a davinci for exemple), and a plenty for that price.
Or just a tafee, or a tinymight….
Or a crafty+ new version + a good external battery+ a bag of herb
Here in 2021, I have some other vapes that are quite different from Mighty, most of them less $, most of them are convection vapes. I still bought a new Mighty, it is the only and best one of mine to sit and share with my wife through a leisurely session, maybe several bowls. I'm just not referencing the Plenty (it's a pluging) or the Crafty+ (it still has to stop to charge now and then) though as I mentioned just above, it's getting to be a closer call (for me).
Price-wise, I agree it is strong, but again, that will come off a bit. The Mighty I purchased new this year was $279. I also consider German design and construction to be generally a cut above most, that is worth something. I would be curious whether warranty is now 3 yrs? rather than 2?
Other vapes check a lot of the boxes, stronger than Mighty in some categories, but this one is da bomb whatever you compare it to.
I'm curious to see how this whole Keynote and the new M+ is received by Troy and Jerry!

Top Bottom