The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Socks And Sandals

Well, I'm sending back my mighty to PIU tomorrow.. I'm about 3 days past the 15 day return window and the Customer Service told me it was still ok. I'm hoping for a replacement if anything. I should have said something about the fingerprint behind the screen the moment I got it but didn't. I can also confirm now that my mighty is dropping 20 to 25 degrees with every long pull. It doesn't matter if I use the cooling unit or the PIU WPA. When idle... it doesn't drop 3 or 4 below the set temperature and usually goes about 5 to 6 above it. After being told this isn't normal, I'm just sending it back.

God knows if I send it to S&B I won't be seeing it for months. I already placed an order with them directly for the dosing capsules on 4/20 and while the order says complete on their website, It still hasn't shipped. I'm really hoping PIU will just give me a replacement once they test it and see the temperature drop. Also when I send this back, they just need the box and unit? No cooling unit or anything else is the way I'm understanding it?

Glad to hear some of you who placed orders back on the 10th are now seeing your orders being shipped from S&B! Any word on them opening up their Oakland Office? That would be ideal since I'm here in SO Cal.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey, @Socks And Sandals, you should maybe ask piu what to send back. If it were going top S&B, they'd only want the body of device, but this is different, you are returning the purchase, no? Even if for replacement. But you should ask, likely they will let you keep the goodies.

I feel the flim flam happening.....my order i placed said it was shipping but upon tracking says label created...we used to do this in a mailroom I worked at when we were behind we would send out a note saying shipped and all we did was create the label there by triggering package sent email.... :hmm:
I doubt there's any kind of flim flam going on, S&B is a real-deal business. Many retailers package your order, label it and instantly send tracking number. In these times it can then easily take a couple or few days to get to (or be picked up by) the carrier and be really in motion. I'm finding that, once things do get into motion they move pretty quick lately.

Djsleepy

Hey, @Socks And Sandals, you should maybe ask piu what to send back. If it were going top S&B, they'd only want the body of device, but this is different, you are returning the purchase, no? Even if for replacement. But you should ask, likely they will let you keep the goodies.

I doubt there's any kind of flim flam going on, S&B is a real-deal business. Many retailers package your order, label it and instantly send tracking number. In these times it can then easily take a couple or few days to get to (or be picked up by) the carrier and be really in motion. I'm finding that, once things do get into motion they move pretty quick lately.

Strictly joking , off the cuff!

XÆA-12

I got a Mighty a couple days ago and the first few Sessions were Great it Produced a good amound of vapor and the herbs lasted für about 12 puffs at 190 degrees C. I increased the Temperatur in 10 degree steps Till max But After 190 degrees there was no real vage coming out. Is this normal because betöre the Mighty i used the fenix one and I usually Started at the lowest temperature and ended on the highest but compared to the mighty it still produced a decent amound of vapor?! Now After someone days I used the Mighty with the capsules and the same herbs at 195 degrees and it only vapes for about 5 puffs? Is this normal for the mighty and the herbs are maybe to dry or is it possible that its broken?

XÆA-12,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Welcome to posting in the forum.
You may be starting at a higher temp than necessary, if you want to temp step your way up.
Start maybe 170 (some folks even lower) and up by 10-15 every few draws.

If you had increased the temp to 195 and started with capsules, 1. You could just be using up the material a little faster because higher temp=faster extraction and 2.There is less to start with in a capsule.

Of course, number of draws per chamber can vary a lot with potency of material.
I think more important is, are you getting the type of extraction you enjoy? For some folks, 1000% extraction is never the goal; they enjoy flavor and a lighter head.
But Mighty is going to give very, very good extraction even at 190, so it's not so surprising that hits above that might be wispy.

XÆA-12

Yes Im getting the effect quite as I want but the feeling in the lungs is differently than it was with the fenix but I guess that I just have to get used to it.
When I start my session on a lower temp it also produces good vapor but only for a few hits and as soon as I decrease the temp it stops

XÆA-12,
Reactions: BigJr48

darbarikanada

I got a Mighty a couple days ago and the first few Sessions were Great it Produced a good amound of vapor and the herbs lasted für about 12 puffs at 190 degrees C. I increased the Temperatur in 10 degree steps Till max But After 190 degrees there was no real vage coming out. Is this normal because betöre the Mighty i used the fenix one and I usually Started at the lowest temperature and ended on the highest but compared to the mighty it still produced a decent amound of vapor?! Now After someone days I used the Mighty with the capsules and the same herbs at 195 degrees and it only vapes for about 5 puffs? Is this normal for the mighty and the herbs are maybe to dry or is it possible that its broken?

the temperature at which the mighty stops producing vapor will vary, depending on the strain, grind, age of the weed. for example, older, drier, finely ground weed might not produce much vapor above 180ºC.

happynomoretobacco

Yes Im getting the effect quite as I want but the feeling in the lungs is differently than it was with the fenix but I guess that I just have to get used to it.
When I start my session on a lower temp it also produces good vapor but only for a few hits and as soon as I decrease the temp it stops
is the mighty worth six times the money compared to the fenix?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
is the mighty worth six times the money compared to the fenix?
That's gonna be very subjective and individual preference-based. Something 'worth it' to me may not be so for someone else.
I would buy a Mighty over just about any other portable, it fills a great spot in the line-up. Great for an individual, even better for session w/two or more folks, it's very friendly once you get past the hand grenade look of the thing!

disGRUNTled

The Mighty is such a hard hitting vape...One bowl of Gorilla grapes & I am stoned outta my mind....Listening to Action Bronson.
e2f05772-65a8-4137-96c8-e5f3472e26f8.jpg

437bf7be-56e7-457a-b4df-8f11cdd793cd.jpg

Socks And Sandals

Real quick guys, has anyone been able to log into their PIU account? A really cool dude named Alex told me they are making some major changes to the site but didn't say if we would ever be able to log into our old accounts again. I have already sent my mighty back to them but I'm worried about the package.. I first took it to the UPS store, then they told me to take it to USPS? I have never seen anything like this.. I have a tracking number now but it's USPS.. that's my first issue I'm worried about.

Also my 4/20/20 order from S&B still hasn't shipped.. What the fuck is going on with them? I remember some of you said you had orders from them well before I did.. did you guys get your orders?

I'm really hoping PIU will just replace the whole Mighty. It really shouldn't have fingerprints behind the screen and shouldn't be dropping 25 degrees between pulls either..

Socks And Sandals,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Real quick guys, has anyone been able to log into their PIU account? A really cool dude named Alex told me they are making some major changes to the site but didn't say if we would ever be able to log into our old accounts again. I have already sent my mighty back to them but I'm worried about the package.. I first took it to the UPS store, then they told me to take it to USPS? I have never seen anything like this.. I have a tracking number now but it's USPS.. that's my first issue I'm worried about.

Also my 4/20/20 order from S&B still hasn't shipped.. What the fuck is going on with them? I remember some of you said you had orders from them well before I did.. did you guys get your orders?

I'm really hoping PIU will just replace the whole Mighty. It really shouldn't have fingerprints behind the screen and shouldn't be dropping 25 degrees between pulls either..
Wouldn't it just be shooting themselves in the foot, to drop all their customer accounts? Of course they are not doing that, and as Alex likely advised, be patient during the transition.

Did you have a pre-printed return label? If so, that would be the logical carrier, right? Or, why would UPS send you away?

I understand it's frustrating to spend this kind of $ and then be so deflated. The USPS, imho, does a pretty awesome job. I send cash through regular mail sometimes, I'm that confident in the service. I'm just as confident in PIU and S&B that this will all end well for you. It is odd to have no shipping from S&B.
If you only had to return the main unit, you'll have double the accessories; they almost always send a boxed unit when replacing.

idboehman

I thought my PIU account would be lost too with the transfer to the new site so I emailed them and they said I could create a "new" account with my original accounts email and name etc and all my order history would be transferred over to the new site; I can confirm that this worked as they said.

I have a tracking number now but it's USPS.. that's my first issue I'm worried about.

For what it's worth, I have always found USPS more reliable than UPS / FedEx and vastly prefer to use them over private companies if given the option. But to reiterate what vapviking said, it'd be very weird for UPS to send you to USPS unless you had a pre-paid shipping label that was for USPS.

I ordered on 4/10 and have still yet to have my order ship either. There was someone else in either the Mighty or Volcano or Volcano Hybrid threads that had ordered on or around 4/10 or 4/20 and has received confirmation that their order has shipped.

Socks And Sandals

Wouldn't it just be shooting themselves in the foot, to drop all their customer accounts? Of course they are not doing that, and as Alex likely advised, be patient during the transition.
Did you have a pre-printed return label? If so, that would be the logical carrier, right? Or, why would UPS send you away?

I understand it's frustrating to spend this kind of $ and then be so deflated. The USPS, imho, does a pretty awesome job. I send cash through regular mail sometimes, I'm that confident in the service. I'm just as confident in PIU and S&B that this will all end well for you. It is odd to have no shipping from S&B.
If you only had to return the main unit, you'll have double the accessories; they almost always send a boxed unit when replacing.

Thanks for the reassurance! What happened was that the original label from PIU was UPS. I go to the UPS store, I email them the PDF of the label (since my printer was out of ink) and at the very end they tell me to take this to any local post office. I then said, "What? Are you telling me that the Postal service is handling UPS now?" She said yes.. I don't understand it myself.. all I know is that I checked the USPS Tracking number I was given at the post office and It was delivered to PIU today. I just don't understand what happened.. Did they just transfer the label over to USPS with the same info? Hell if I know.. I'm not going to worry about it other than to email PIU the tracking number and let them know it was delivered.

I did a whole lot of Shipping and Receiving back in my day with Fed Ex, UPS, USPS and even DHL. I've never heard of anything like this before is all. But thanks for the reassurance with PIU!

I thought my PIU account would be lost too with the transfer to the new site so I emailed them and they said I could create a "new" account with my original accounts email and name etc and all my order history would be transferred over to the new site; I can confirm that this worked as they said.

For what it's worth, I have always found USPS more reliable than UPS / FedEx and vastly prefer to use them over private companies if given the option. But to reiterate what vapviking said, it'd be very weird for UPS to send you to USPS unless you had a pre-paid shipping label that was for USPS.

I ordered on 4/10 and have still yet to have my order ship either. There was someone else in either the Mighty or Volcano or Volcano Hybrid threads that had ordered on or around 4/10 or 4/20 and has received confirmation that their order has shipped.

Thank you man, I'll try to create an account with that same email address and let you know how it goes. It sucks you didn't receive your order from S&B.. My order was on 4/20 so you should be getting yours before I do. Goodluck!

Edit: IT WORKED.. All my previous purchases are showing! Thanks brother! :tup:

Last edited:
Socks And Sandals,

sk8man121

Frozen_Vaporent
Been a while, y'all, but who is just not fucking with temps anymore and rocking the Mighty at 410 through water? I often wonder if I'm overdoing it in an attempt to "ultra-do" it, as it does lead to coughing fits.

How are you all best extracting large (ie: .5g) loads in your mighty with optimal comfort? These are the things I need to know.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Been a while, y'all, but who is just not fucking with temps anymore and rocking the Mighty at 410 through water? I often wonder if I'm overdoing it in an attempt to "ultra-do" it, as it does lead to coughing fits.

How are you all best extracting large (ie: .5g) loads in your mighty with optimal comfort? These are the things I need to know.

I cough too much at higher temps. And while I can use my separate water rigs, it’s nice to keep the mobility of the Mighty. I bought the “sipper-bubbler”, (link below) for a different device, but along with the Mighty WPA, I can now vape at higher temps without coughing. It surprised me how a tiny bubbler can make a big difference. It’s quite hand holdable.

https://puffitup.com/collections/glass/products/the-sipper-bubbler-mouthpiece

Djsleepy

Question: are.the cooling units from the mighty and the crafty the same minus the logo? S.and B has Sent two incorrect and the reason is the mighty.labeled incorrectly so now got two cu for crafty do they work the same.they look the same?

Top Bottom