The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I paid roughly the same! :)

So I’ve gone back a couple of pages, seems everyone uses capsules!!

Anyone not using capsules??

Happy holidays! Love this time of the year!
When Mighty was new (mine, that is) I didn't know about caps, they may not have been on the market yet, so only bowl use, pretty heavy at the time. I had far less understanding of what it takes to maintain a vape and the bowl got crusty at times, so I've been through most of the stages of schooling with the cleaning. I can say I've never gone to any chemical cleaner for help. (except iso alcohol). Even done the unthinkable and used mild abrasive (like a plastic scrubby, not steel wool) to remove some crap, small scratches and to give it some renewed clean looked. This last part is not recommended, btw (even while it can 'improve' a real bad situation...).

It doesn't seem even in the realm of reality that the 'plastic' ring would not be stained in everyone's Mighty, but we got some photo forensics showing otherwise. That train engineer, Charlie, is on the right track for sure.

Caps! no screen if you wanna keep it clean! Now there's a mantra.

Just sometimes I don't want to take the time, and would rather just do one bigger bowl with my honey.
This Mighty has worked great through it all, I have zero regrets. Broken ribs & all, it's a work horse.

two full volcano chambers this morning, after the mandatory Hopper wake n vape, followed by lunchtime Mighty, now back to Hopper shots

idle lungs are the devil's workshop
When Keith Richards was comparing himself to Willie Nelson & wake n vape, he said, "When I wake up, at least I wait ten minutes!"
I fall somewhere in between those two; I've always been a little bit country and a little bit rock n roll.

Oh, right,

Merry Everything and Happy Always, everyone!

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I have to weigh in that I do not enjoy the capsules as well. I too have noticed an incomplete extraction when compared to just packing the bowl. The absolute best way, and the way I believe it to be engineered, is to grind finely and pack it tightly (and full), but I've had success covering the bottom screen and tamping it down good , and tight, and retamping every couple draws (no need to stir).

The capsules for whatever reason, even when packed tightly, always seems to leave something on the table, and I also don't enjoy half packing and capping with the liquid pad, as something just feels wrong on my throat, and I notice a difference in taste.

Interesting. I find using the capsules provides better extraction. I've compared the ABV from my buddy's Mighty (he only uses the bowl) to my ABV (using only capsules) with the same strains. My ABV is always a bit darker. Each to their own, I suppose.

If a new Mighty does surface, I certainly hope the maximum temperature is raised. I can always get more vapor when I put my Mighty ABV into my Solo II or e-nano.

Happy Holidays, everyone!

grogazola

My first mighty only lasted a few months.
I only use the capsules as they are convenient when out and about. If I do not have to worry about stealth I use a different vape, I believe anything that reduces bowl size is a negative as a rule.:tup:

What happened to your first mighty @LesPlenty?

grogazola,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The LCD screen crapped out, just got dimmer and dimmer until it was unreadable, apparently, there were a few like this, a bad batch, trust me to wait so long to finally jump on board and get one of only a few lemons ever recorded.:myday:
My new one is still nice and bright (the bad corrugated Aussie roads can kill all sorts of electronics):tup:

darbarikanada

Anyone not using capsules??

I've had my mighty for 4 years, never used capsules.

I use it outdoors in cold weather all the time without any issues

I use it with bubble hash on top of the pad - works great

I use it with wax on top of the pad - works great (but don't put in >.05g or it can get messy)

I've used it with hard hash, broken into tiny bits, under the pad - works great

the only thing I've come up with that might not work is 'live resin' (it's runny) - but I haven't tried it yet, so it might work for that too.

there's a reason why this is top-ranked by 420 vape zone (troy) and vapecritic (bud): it's great!

Last edited:

blackstone

How about the dreadful cold? :(

Looking through the manual I see it says “Operating temperature: 5°C - 40°C / 41°F - 104°F”

its 0°C here right now...

What I would take from that is, if you use it often, or store it below these temperatures you're not fully entitled to complain about wispy vapor or strange battery behaviour or anything that may result?! Just my opinion.
I believe battery cells don't like these temperatures, and it might be asking a lot of the plastic casing in terms of flexibility too?
I've seen plastic things break strangely in cold!
So, as I read in some other vape thread, keep that baby close to your body inside pockets when not in use.
Although I think their situtaion was around minus 20 ambient!

Also about @Etsu s question about reliability I would put the Mighty about equal with a Solo or maybe an Iolite.
And maybe 3-5 years could be around average, but I'm not sure about that. All depends.
The warranty seems much better than Arizer for Europeans and maybe other non Canadians too.
The plastic casing is a weak point, and the known failures are screen and power button and it is probably related to rates of failure on the components used.
I worked in electrical and I would get items that on rare occasion were just DOA or failed and it was just sorry, we'll bin that, here's another.
Once I got a new wall socket that was shorted live to neutral out of the box. Took a while to find that fault!

Thinking of @LesPlenty with the vibrations I used to keep my Crafty in the tail piece of a sports motorcycle on some bad roads and it was fine in a padded pouch, though I did worry!
What about a cheap foam case or even blankets or cushions?
I gues you know all the tricks!?

grogazola

Great info! It will be stored in a cold postal office for the next two days until Mighty comes to its new home!

I worry about condensation now...as a portable vape I need something for the winter...sold my fierce as it wasn’t cutting it...

stressed

I just bought my 2nd mighty. my first one has a bunch of chips out of the plastic surrounding the bowl area. bit by bit it chipped until I stopped using it. I had to tape the mighty together as it was falling apart from the lack of the plastic parts. it's a real mighty, I'm just a bit rough on it but i'll treat this new one better.

I bought a ghost mv1, hated it, bought a vapexhale which I like a lot but I missed using a portable. as i was looking to buy a new portable, every single thing kept pointing at the mighty.

I now have 2 mightys , 2 vapexhales (i shoved a plastic straw cleaner down it and it's now caked in plastic, and 2 ghost MV1s (which in the end they just let me keep and I got my money mostly returned as they both had a problem).

I vaping on my herbalizer bag at the moment. it's good to have choices. :)

grogazola

I experienced malfunctioning with portables (or phones) more than once when freezing cold outside. I don’t think it will extend the life of your Mighty. Think of it as an uncorded Plenty for now.

what kind of issues? anything permanent? I have had a couple of iPhones shut down but that’s when I left them in the car. a couple of times it wouldn’t turn on til I got home...

its very very important to me to have medication on the go - I don’t combust anymore...

also, I have zero use for two plenties...

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
what kind of issues? anything permanent? I have had a couple of iPhones shut down but that’s when I left them in the car. a couple of times it wouldn’t turn on til I got home...

its very very important to me to have medication on the go - I don’t combust anymore...

I fully agree with what @justcametomind is saying. Taking the Mighty out in cold temperatures is not the best plan to extend it's life. It will put a lot more stress on the batteries and the structural integrity of the plastic housing could be compromised. It's a great warm weather or indoor 'portable' vaporizer.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Happy Holidays.

blackstone

I had a phone screen get a bit laggy at around -10c. Maybe that's what they mean.
I think just protect it from frost or cold when not in use, all electronic vapes are going to be similar.
If it's very important to you, maybe it's not a big deal if the battery has a few less bowls in some years?

Get a pouch or case? Inside a vehicle or on your person, that should be alright.

grogazola

I had a phone screen get a bit laggy at around -10c. Maybe that's what they mean.
I think just protect it from frost or cold when not in use, all electronic vapes are going to be similar.
If it's very important to you, maybe it's not a big deal if the battery has a few less bowls in some years?

Get a pouch or case? Inside a vehicle or on your person, that should be alright.

Great answer! I’m thinking a nice retro Fanny pack...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
420 vape zone (troy) and vapecritic (bud): it's great!
I watched a live feed with Troy in the other day, he was ripping the NMighty as usual but could not edit out the coughing fit he had, it seemed like normal for him! I like big draws and vapor but I do not like coughing like a bastard after each puff so Troy's version of smoothe is a lot different to mine. (both Troy and Vapecritic said they still combust too so I mow take their idea of great flavour with a grain of salt.

I gues you know all the tricks!?
Inside thick socks for easy access, our roads can get pretty bad, this is not unusual,

Endless miles of this stuff wreaks havoc on electronics and mechanicals.:tup:

darbarikanada

I watched a live feed with Troy in the other day, he was ripping the Mighty as usual but could not edit out the coughing fit he had, it seemed like normal for him! I like big draws and vapor but I do not like coughing like a bastard after each puff so Troy's version of smooth is a lot different to mine. (both Troy and Vapecritic said they still combust too so I mow take their idea of great flavour with a grain of salt.

they both seem to go to higher temps right away, no 'temp-stepping'. in vapecritic's review of the linx hypnos wax pen, he says he uses the highest setting (red); pretty much everyone else likes the low temps (green/blue). one thing you don't see (much? ever?) in this thread is complaints that the mighty makes hot hits.

fwiw I think both reviewers leave coughing fits in for entertainment value; they could easily edit them out but clearly choose not to. I've been guilty myself of laughing... even Bill Cosby did a great coughing routine -

and how many coughing scenes did Cheech and Chong do?)

shredder

I watched a live feed with Troy in the other day, he was ripping the NMighty as usual but could not edit out the coughing fit he had, it seemed like normal for him! I like big draws and vapor but I do not like coughing like a bastard after each puff so Troy's version of smoothe is a lot different to mine. (both Troy and Vapecritic said they still combust too so I mow take their idea of great flavour with a grain of salt.

Inside thick socks for easy access, our roads can get pretty bad, this is not unusual,

Endless miles of this stuff wreaks havoc on electronics and mechanicals.:tup:

Good place for a road grader salesman, lol. Or maybe a dentist to repair lost fillings.

Top Bottom