The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I use capsules exclusively. I run much of the time at 210C. I have no cracked fins, no leakage, no issues whatsoever. Two out of three capsules I vape are concentrate sandwiches....flower, some wax, then some flower, packed very tightly and densely. I've literally had no problems at all running my Mightys this way....I'm on my third Mighty and have never had concentrate leakage or any issues associated with high temps or concentrates used in capsules. YMMV and all that. :2c:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Here are mine, no case chipping, never cleaned bowls, 2-3 years

two-mighties.jpg

But, I use the Mighty carefully

Those blue o-rings mate with outer ring of cooling unit. I depress the CU slightly while slowly twisting. The o-rings compress just a bit to allow smoother twist, less stress on plastic. Sorta like carefully twisting on lens of an SLR camera, or opening a child proof cap. Never seen this mentioned in reviews, so maybe I'm weird. Be quiet, Stu

My first S&B portable was a Crafty, and being a joint and pipe user, I instinctively used the CU to rap out the spent bowl. Not good. I yell at Bud the vapecritic on livestreams about this. He does it more, just to annoy me, says a vape should withstand normal use. He may have a point

I use stands, but they are not needed, especially if you use capsules. Have seen a dangerous tip posted in this thread many times and in video reviews -- using the orange pick tool as a kickstand -- terrible idea

I do use capsules exclusively. No other reviewers do. One told me it just transfers the cleaning chore to caps, but I never clean capsules, never clean bowl. However, if you have large hands and/or dexterity issues, I can understand how capsules can be annoying

I don't use screens in cooling units. They accumulate condensed resin, then transfer the stickiness to the capsule lids over time. Annoying. If you overfill caps a bit so herb is snug, very few particles escape capsule lid holes, so CU screen is not needed

I also use an outlet wall timer for charging. Prefer the timer to expire before Mighty is fully charged, for battery health. But different opinions on this as well. It doesn't make me take any extra steps, so why not

Read most of these tips right here in this thread
Great tips, just one question.

If you're alternating Grasshoppers every 15 minutes, how do you squeeze in any Mighty time? You must be one busy vapin' guy!

I know that to share the love among my vapes I have to get up and get started real early in the morning...but...

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Capsules only for me. I love how clean and easy they are to use. And no CU screen is working fine. I disassemble the warm CU and wipe it with a few q-tips every day or two. :tup:

I've found myself temp-stepping with most of my strains. I start at 365F and bump 5-10 degrees at a time up to 385F, then hit the boost to finish it off at 410F max.

I swapped back to the stock plastic mp. I like the thicker glass feel but the plastic is much easier to use. The vapor seems similar between the two but the glass gets noticeably hotter on the lips. I'll still use the glass around the house occasionally but the plastic has earned the #1 spot.

I use the PIU stand around the house. It works pretty well but I have a tendency to break things :rolleyes: so most of the time my Mighty is lying down for safety. I haven't needed it away from home yet so no need to carry the extra bulk.

I'm still loving how easy this thing hits. Amazing.

ChooChooCharlie

Great tips, just one question.

If you're alternating Grasshoppers every 15 minutes, how do you squeeze in any Mighty time? You must be one busy vapin' guy!

I know that to share the love among my vapes I have to get up and get started real early in the morning...but...
two full volcano chambers this morning, after the mandatory Hopper wake n vape, followed by lunchtime Mighty, now back to Hopper shots

idle lungs are the devil's workshop

LesPlenty

Company Rep
two-mighties.jpg

I see the top unit has the start of the dents of death starting to happen and I must say these are very clean units, I only use capsules as well but my ceramic top part(?) is stained quite badly and my unit barely gets used, I only use max temp with pretty good homegrown stuff though.:2c:

blackstone

I see the top unit has the start of the dents of death starting to happen and I must say these are very clean units, I only use capsules as well but my ceramic top part(?) is stained quite badly and my unit barely gets used, I only use max temp with pretty good homegrown stuff though.:2c:

Are you referring to the sink marks in the plastic molding at the top? Because those are there from the day it was first molded and AFAIK are not widely known as a sign of impending death or any other gloomy negative outcome really. It either cracks (often if you're a bit careless), or it doesn't.
Also the bowl surround is not ceramic it's a plastic or resin type material. It can be mostly cleaned up but it takes time.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Also the bowl surround is not ceramic
I should have known they would be plastic or some other cheap shit, I was told the dents were a sign of degradation, the newer molds must be different then if they don't leave those dents any more. At the end of the day it is mainly plastic that if heated enough times will become brittle unless S&B starts using the same plastic that is in their new hybrid, it just scorches and melts instead of just getting brittle with age. :2c:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: joner

blackstone

the newer molds must be different then if they don't leave those dents any more.

The material being molded or the rate at which it cools can also have an effect but it's possible they changed molds too.
Hopefully they're onto something with the material they're using on the Crafty+ now.
That bowl surround appears to be the same type of material that Arizer and Boundless went on to coincidentally borrow or try to replicate for all their latest offerings, so I wouldn't be so quick to write it off as simply cheap, or useless, shit.
But that's entirely up to you.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Maybe the Mighty+ will be better...I doubt it if the Crafty+ and Hybrid is any indication.
Boundless went on to coincidentally borrow or try to replicate
Thank fuck it is not in my Tera,(stainless steel bowl not shitty aluminium but still could have a better feeder material)) it stains too easily on my Mighty so I hope the new CFx 2.0 does not use it.:2c:

blackstone

Thank fuck it is not in my Tera,(stainless steel bowl not shitty aluminium but still could have a better feeder material)) it stains too easily on my Mighty so I hope the new CFx 2.0 does not use it.:2c:

The material I mentioned, or similar is indeed present in the v3 Tera teardown, its the circular part at the base of the heater assembly holding everything in place and possibly channeling intake air from the metal tube to the heater.
My last Crafty didn't stain but my Mighty did, both capsules only, the differences were the amount of use, and lots of heatsoaking and full temperature, and I used Mighty through water.
So one of those factors, or it was a different formula of material on both vapes?!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
base of the heater
or similar is indeed present in the v3 Tera teardown, its the circular part at the base of the heater assembly holding everything in place
Right place, different material, even if it was the same material at least the Tera is out of sight, not sitting on top of the oven where it stains and I have to look at it everytime I pop in a cap.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: joner

blackstone

different material
It does look to be a different color or shade (variations are also seen among S&B vapes) but its likely the exact same type of thermoplastic that has been used near ovens on many popular herb vapes since around the time the Mighty and Crafty were introduced.

It would be nice to have an easy way to clean that bowl edge once a year like a cylinder honing tool in a slow drill, but you can make a big difference with magic eraser in 20 minutes while watching TV.
If you're not terrified of kitchen sponges of course!

I bet if they made that part black instead it would crack! And/or smell bad?

Edit- try googling images "felt polishing cones" as a potential way to remove the stains.
Maybe along with some toothpaste and water?

Last edited:

grogazola

I’m honestly a little scared of magic erasers...i know it’s safe...but it makes me queasy. Just my opinion.

I was planning on exclusively using the ‘filling aid’ and iso scrubbing after every five to ten bowls...does anyone else do this?

I’ll be ordering the mighty tonight!! :) I very much appreciate everyone’s insights!!

Etsu

Hello, just a quick question, how long did your mighty last? Or for how long do you use it if it still works?
Because the power button of mine broke after 4 years (I barely used it the first two years, as the transition from combusting was hard and took several try). S&B were kind enough to make me a little discount on a new one, so I accepted that offer, as I am pretty happy with this vape, but I think it is a pretty weak lifetime for the price. I am not sure to buy a third one if the next dies after 4 years aswell.

But it was my first vape, I have vapcaps that can’t break and a fury 2 for two years. But what is your experience with mighty, and how is it compared to other vapes?
I guess my general question is: how long a portable electronic vape last in average? And is 4 years normal for a mighty or is it just no luck mine broke?

Thank you all. And I hope a mighty+ won’t pop too soon as I just bought one today :D

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Hello, just a quick question, how long did your mighty last? Or for how long do you use it if it still works?
Because the power button of mine broke after 4 years (I barely used it the first two years, as the transition from combusting was hard and took several try). S&B were kind enough to make me a little discount on a new one, so I accepted that offer, as I am pretty happy with this vape, but I think it is a pretty weak lifetime for the price. I am not sure to buy a third one if the next dies after 4 years aswell.

But it was my first vape, I have vapcaps that can’t break and a fury 2 for two years. But what is your experience with mighty, and how is it compared to other vapes?
I guess my general question is: how long a portable electronic vape last in average? And is 4 years normal for a mighty or is it just no luck mine broke?

Thank you all. And I hope a mighty+ won’t pop too soon as I just bought one today :D
There have been other reports of the power button ceasing to function on a few Mighty's. For what it's worth, don't turn the Mighty off then on again when the timer runs out; use the temperature +/- buttons to reset the timer. I've had my Mighty for three years and it still looks new with no issues.

Good luck!

Etsu

Ok, I never heard about the power button issue before it happened to me. I don’t use it to reset the timer, the battery was still very good, and it was in good shape, I was very careful with it.
Thank you, yes maybe it will be better with the next one!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
does anyone else do this?
I scrub mine with iso fairly regularly and only use caps and mine is stained around the white plastic (:tup:) ring above the oven, no smell or anything, just stained a bit darker.
S&B were kind enough to make me a little discount
I paid US$231 for my brand new unit from an authorized dealer when on sale over a year ago, I am interested in 'How well' S&B looked after you discount wise, I am guessing the gouged you and you paid more than when they are on sale unless they have changed their ways since Canopy took over.:2c:

grogazola

I paid US$231 for my brand new unit from an authorized dealer when on sale over a year ago, I am interested in 'How well' S&B looked after you discount wise, I am guessing the gouged you and you paid more than when they are on sale unless they have changed their ways since Canopy took over.:2c:
I paid roughly the same! :)

So I’ve gone back a couple of pages, seems everyone uses capsules!!

Anyone not using capsules??

Happy holidays! Love this time of the year!

Etsu

I paid 198 euros, which is about 220$. I knew it wasn’t a really good discount, but I didn’t know what to buy other than a mighty... my fury is nice in the afternoon, but in the evening I need something more powerful. And my old unit was out of warranty, so it is already nice from them to make a little gesture. Is it your first mighty? If not, how long lasted your previous one?i

I used to use capsules everyday for a couple years, but I became suspicious about all this aluminium material inhalation (I think even the herb chamber is in aluminium so I don’t want to add more...) and stopped using those capsules. I noticed a better extraction of the plants without the capsules, I don’t know why, and people on reddit confirmed the same observations. The downside is the chamber gets more dirty, but as my unit only last me 4 years, I ended up with a like new mighty not working because of a power button failure, so I don’t think it’s worth it. I will receive a new one soon and won’t bother keep it clean, with a so short lifetime it’s not worth the effort

joner

I have to weigh in that I do not enjoy the capsules as well. I too have noticed an incomplete extraction when compared to just packing the bowl. The absolute best way, and the way I believe it to be engineered, is to grind finely and pack it tightly (and full), but I've had success covering the bottom screen and tamping it down good , and tight, and retamping every couple draws (no need to stir).

The capsules for whatever reason, even when packed tightly, always seems to leave something on the table, and I also don't enjoy half packing and capping with the liquid pad, as something just feels wrong on my throat, and I notice a difference in taste.

Top Bottom