The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
I use the 18mm version of this adapter:

maxresdefault.jpg

I’m not sure which specific brand of that style of adapter you are working with, but my experience with the same or similar is the screen in the adapter leaves too much space above your bowl. I had to put a liquid pad or another screen on top of my bowl to keep the flower tightly in place. Otherwise, I got weak vapor production like you’re describing. Are you loading directly in the bowl or using dosing capsules? If direct loading, try to add a screen or liquid pad on top to hold the load down.

subway13029

I’m not sure which specific brand of that style of adapter you are working with, but my experience with the same or similar is the screen in the adapter leaves too much space above your bowl. I had to put a liquid pad or another screen on top of my bowl to keep the flower tightly in place. Otherwise, I got weak vapor production like you’re describing. Are you loading directly in the bowl or using dosing capsules? If direct loading, try to add a screen or liquid pad on top to hold the load down.
Agreed.these adapters aren’t air tight and they will crack your housing if you twist it on too tight..I’m surprised after all these years that nobody has came out with a better wpa..ratchets silicone wha is the best there is unless you make your own..which has been documented as the best option but not a long term option.. I wish s and b would cave and make one..

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
@Boxman - what helps with those wpa's is to place a capsule lid into the glass as spacer/screen. The capsule should not be able to move around ideally.

Used2use,
Reactions: JCharles

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@Boxman , I'm with all these folks ^ now that we see the adapter you're using.

Less than perfect, but maybe better than that adapter, is a silicone whip tube just shoved on to the mouthpiece of your C/U, then a over to your glass, where you'll need another adapter, something like this;
see the "Glass Elbow Adapter" or the "Whip" on this page

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/ (available other places for maybe a little less $)

I use a piece of 5/16" i.d. medical grade/high temp tubing when connecting this way (and for when I'm using a whip for passing/drawing, and that little straight glass mouthpiece is quite adequate-- but I think it's not so easy to mount a whip onto the output end of that D-020!)

*Edit- sorry, but that glass elbow is a 14 mm fitting, which would require yet ANOTHER adapter, seesh.

vapviking,
Reactions: mixchu69
Hi, I’m just updating my findings with the people in the thread as I go, so I’ve asked a lot of distributors and third part retailers on what production date model mightys they have available in stock, but people either don’t seem to know anything about production dates or what they are, even after me explaining to them what they are and where abouts they are located, or they only have the old 05-2017 production date models or older available in stock.

The latest model that I have found thus far is the 08-2017 model with the “+20% more battery power” sticker, I’m just waiting on S&B to confirm that this is the latest production date model available for purchase, I will return with their response, for anyone one else on the market looking to buy the latest mighty this is what you’re looking for, I hope it helps somebody.

1zxpr90.jpg

24n35u1.jpg

vphmac.jpg

analytika

Hi, I’m just updating my findings with the people in the thread as I go, so I’ve asked a lot of distributors and third part retailers on what production date model mightys they have available in stock, but people either don’t seem to know anything about production dates or what they are, even after me explaining to them what they are and where abouts they are located, or they only have the old 05-2017 production date models or older available in stock.

The latest model that I have found thus far is the 08-2017 model with the “+20% more battery power” sticker, I’m just waiting on S&B to confirm that this is the latest production date model available for purchase, I will return with their response, for anyone one else on the market looking to buy the latest mighty this is what you’re looking for, I hope it helps somebody.

1zxpr90.jpg

24n35u1.jpg

vphmac.jpg
Me to PuffItUp in late November: "am i getting the very latest version of the mighty?"

Alice at PuffItUp: "We only carry the most up-to-date models of the Mighty that are available on the market so the answer to your question is a good solid yes!".

Me: "ok, order placed!".

My box reads 5/2017. No 20% more power sticker. So, what, "that are available on the market" = wiggle words? A good solid yes.

Last edited:
Me to PuffItUp in late November: "am i getting the very latest version of the mighty?"

Alice at PuffItUp: "We only carry the most up-to-date models of the Mighty that are available on the market so the answer to your question is a good solid yes!".

My box reads 5/2017. No 20% more power sticker. So, what, "that are available on the market" = wiggle words? A good solid yes.

Ok, I’m not sure what you’re saying?
I was looking for the latest production date mighty model on the market, with the 20% extra battery life sticker, 08-2017 is the latest I have found, I haven’t heard back from S&B to confirm if 08-2017 is the latest production date available on the market yet but I have asked them and I am waiting on their response to confirm.

My friend has an old mighty that he’s going to be kind enough to give to me to play with on loan whilst I get to grips with it, he’s a big fan of native bowl but not so much capsules so he said take it and experiment to see what I like, apparently it needs a new CU, so Ive picked up 3 new CU’s, one replacement for the old loaner unit and two for rotation in between cleans for the new model I’m waiting on, I’m going to test the difference between native bowls vs capsules with the old unit and see which one works best for me.

I do like the sound of less cleaning and keeping the bowl fresh with the capsules
this is what my orders looking like
I’ll share some pictures when the order comes in.
I heard the chargers are prone to breaking and seem
to be sold out everywhere in the UK so I picked up a spare.

I wasn’t sure what to buy on screens? as some people were saying fine screens
but others were saying that they causes more build up in the CU?
I don’t know there are two screens right? One for the bowl and one for the CU,
I shall have to do some more research into it.
I bought the normal to be safe.

2 x caddy’s.
3 x Cu’s.
2 x 8 dosing capsule magazines.
1 x normal screen set.
1 x 08-2017 mighty vaporizer.
1 x replacement charger.
1 x stand.
1 x car charger.

For a total of 25 dosing capsules, 16 included with the magazines,
8 with the caddy’s and 1 that comes with the mighty itself + 12 liquid pads.

Im going to see if it’s possible to use the liquid pads and
capsules to do micro dosing if not it was only and extra £2.50
on the magazine for the liquid pad one and it was the same price for the caddy.
the capsules remain the same size regardless of liquid or not
it’s just the extra pads you get I’m sure.

I still have time to edit this order so if anything looks a miss let me know.

1iblhl.png

Last edited by a moderator:

analytika

Ok, I’m not sure what you’re saying?
Three months after the 8-2017 box-printed date of the newer units with 20%+ battery, a major retailer told me I was getting the "latest available on the market", but shipped me a 5-2017 unit. I inquired prior to purchase. Raises questions.

analytika,
Three months after the 8-2017 box-printed date of the newer units with 20%+ battery, a major retailer told me I was getting the "latest available on the market", but shipped me a 5-2017 unit. I inquired prior to purchase. Raises questions.
I understand now maybe it was just a misunderstanding, did you not return it? Going through the thread many people have done business with PIU and have had great experiences.

Last edited:
Homefoodhealth,

analytika

I understand now shady business practices it seems did you not return it?
Issue hasn't been on my radar screen until recent discussions. Now that I'm aware of it, just brings down my opinion of the retailer, and generates for them bad word of mouth. It's a stupid thing for any retailer to do. When clearing inventory, for goodness sakes be honest with your customers! Did it happen across the industry, all the $299 specials last Black Friday? If it's an honest mistake, they should be aware of it by now, and should reach out. If the 8/2017 models weren't actually available in 11/2017, that could also be clarified.

Silence suggests it wasn't innocent. I have little doubt S&B at the same time would have shipped me an up-to-date unit.

A return is a lot of inconvenience, not a great solution.

I see you're buying a spare AC adapter? Note it comes with one, so this would indeed be a spare. I use the following from Amazon as a spare, under $10 USD. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUMDWG

Last edited:
Issue hasn't been on my radar screen until recent discussions. Now that I'm aware of it, just brings down my opinion of the retailer, and generates for them bad word of mouth. It's a stupid thing for any retailer to do. When clearing inventory, for goodness sakes be honest with your customers! Did it happen across the industry, all the $299 specials last Black Friday? If it's an honest mistake, they should be aware of it by now, and should reach out. If the 8/2017 models weren't actually available in 11/2017, that could also be clarified.

Silence suggests it wasn't innocent. I have little doubt S&B at the same time would have shipped me an up-to-date unit.

A return is a lot of inconvenience, not a great solution.

I see you're buying a spare AC adapter? Note it comes with one, so this would indeed be a spare. I use the following from Amazon as a spare, under $10 USD. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TUMDWG

Yeah I just recieved a 05-2017 production date mighty in a dirty box myself! I returned it for a refund, to be fair many of the distributors and retailers are unaware of production dates existing, Ive asked over a dozen and they didn’t have a clue that the box carries a production date, most believe that if the mighty is packaged in the blue and white box then it is the new model and I’m not sure if this is true or not, so I’m trying to play it safe and acquire the latest production date model, I have contacted S&B to get clarity on these issues so as soon as they respond and let me know what is what I will update the thread.

Hopefully we find out what the current latest production date model is and what the production date was of the last model to be released which carried the old batteries.

Homefoodhealth,
Reactions: analytika

Vaporcussion

or is my best option to go and purchase straight from S&B direct

Yes, always...

I read that you can put 1/3 fill in the capsule and still get good vape results any less than that you start experiencing a noticeable loss in vape quality.

Imo anything less than 75% is not as effective. I've tried half filled and it was ok, as anything works in the Mighty. But 1/3 filled capsule is a stretch, and should have a screen or pad inside....

but it was kinda worth it to go for the new unit for fresh batteries and some new functions.

I went for the free housing and was surprised to get the new functions anyway. I got boost and staggered shutoff... plus a new free cooling unit!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I still have time to edit this order so if anything looks a miss let me know.
Your chance to edit the order may have passed, but my comment is that I believe your have over-accessorized.
After depending a lot on charging Crafty in the car, I found that in three years I never needed a car charger for Mighty. But maybe if you spend a lot of time in car...
An extra A/C adapter may be convenient if you want to be able to have two charging stations, one upstairs, one down, for instance, but otherwise, if your charger fails to operate, S&B will send a new one immediately, free, no ?'s asked.
I'd have maybe spent some of the charger and c/u $'s on some o-rings and screens.

All good if this is disposable income for you, the VAAS is undeniably strong with S&B products! and you'll have many happy hours playing with all the goodies.

Only because no one has mentioned lately:
The orange magazine lid doubles as a filling tool/funnel for the dosing caps. Place open cap on flat surface, place center hole of lid over cap (right-side up) and it allows for pushing material into cap without excess spilling all around. I lay out a bunch of caps and hop-scotch around with the filling tool.

Your chance to edit the order may have passed, but my comment is that I believe your have over-accessorized.
After depending a lot on charging Crafty in the car, I found that in three years I never needed a car charger for Mighty. But maybe if you spend a lot of time in car...
An extra A/C adapter may be convenient if you want to be able to have two charging stations, one upstairs, one down, for instance, but otherwise, if your charger fails to operate, S&B will send a new one immediately, free, no ?'s asked.
I'd have maybe spent some of the charger and c/u $'s on some o-rings and screens.

All good if this is disposable income for you, the VAAS is undeniably strong with S&B products! and you'll have many happy hours playing with all the goodies.

Only because no one has mentioned lately:
The orange magazine lid doubles as a filling tool/funnel for the dosing caps. Place open cap on flat surface, place center hole of lid over cap (right-side up) and it allows for pushing material into cap without excess spilling all around. I lay out a bunch of caps and hop-scotch around with the filling tool.

Yes I thought the car charger wasn’t necessary tbh lol, but I justified it in my head with imaginary situations of being camping with no power sockets available etc lol I also never knew that S&B would ship out a replacement charger if one should fail. I did buy the normal screens, which ones were you referring to? do you change your screens frequently? I was contemplating getting some new o rings but I saw they shipped the mighty with a spare set already, do they need changing often? That’s really cool I never knew that about the magazine lid, thank you for sharing that tip, I’ll contemplate removing the car charger and spare, picking up more screens and o rings instead, thank you for your help.

I’m going to research cleaning and screen changing tips etc on here today.

Homefoodhealth,
Reactions: blackstone

subway13029

Puffitup is anamazing retailer and they would not tell you an outright lie just to sell a mighty. A slimy retailer wouldnt let u return said mighty right away. S an b is the cause of this because they are the most silent company there is. We never hear anything from them..even with rma and such..automated emails..and their serial numbering flat out sucks with numbers and letters..no way to twll which is newer or older by those..

analytika

Puffitup is anamazing retailer and they would not tell you an outright lie just to sell a mighty. A slimy retailer wouldnt let u return said mighty right away. S an b is the cause of this because they are the most silent company there is. We never hear anything from them..even with rma and such..automated emails..and their serial numbering flat out sucks with numbers and letters..no way to twll which is newer or older by those..
PuffItUp is good, but not an "amazing" retailer that treats a $300 buy as a relationship.

They shouldn't make claims like they did in that email, learn new facts, and stay silent.

They could simply have said "we have no idea" or "we think so" or in some other way been more transparent.

analytika,
Reactions: karec

Boxman

@Boxman - what helps with those wpa's is to place a capsule lid into the glass as spacer/screen. The capsule should not be able to move around ideally.

I have been doing that, actually. I stick a liquid heating pad into the bottom of the glass adapter where the screen would normally go. My glass WPA uses the same screen as the Mighty CU, and I've tried it with both a screen and also with the liquid pad in lieu of the screen. Either way, vapor and hits are definitely less potent.

Agreed.these adapters aren’t air tight and they will crack your housing if you twist it on too tight..I’m surprised after all these years that nobody has came out with a better wpa..ratchets silicone wha is the best there is unless you make your own..which has been documented as the best option but not a long term option.. I wish s and b would cave and make one..

@Boxman , I'm with all these folks ^ now that we see the adapter you're using.

Less than perfect, but maybe better than that adapter, is a silicone whip tube just shoved on to the mouthpiece of your C/U, then a over to your glass, where you'll need another adapter, something like this;
see the "Glass Elbow Adapter" or the "Whip" on this page

https://arizer.com/store/extreme-q-parts-accessories/ (available other places for maybe a little less $)

I use a piece of 5/16" i.d. medical grade/high temp tubing when connecting this way (and for when I'm using a whip for passing/drawing, and that little straight glass mouthpiece is quite adequate-- but I think it's not so easy to mount a whip onto the output end of that D-020!)

*Edit- sorry, but that glass elbow is a 14 mm fitting, which would require yet ANOTHER adapter, seesh.

Thanks for all the tips, guys! I'm almost certain that air leakage isn't an issue but will have to try a whip system now, just to be sure. I did already try this one from Ratchet (Delta 3D Studios):

IMG_7266__67324.1447896248.1280.1280.JPG

...but found it tricky to use. When it gets hot, the rubber sticks to the glass of your water pipe and tries to pull off of the CU. Because the adapter is always coming off the CU, you have to be very careful. I didn't like using it at all.

shredder

PuffItUp is good, but not an "amazing" retailer that treats a $300 buy as a relationship.

They shouldn't make claims like they did in that email, learn new facts, and stay silent.

They could simply have said "we have no idea" or "we think so" or in some other way been more transparent.

As I understand s and b does not let puff it up discount older units. That would settle the issue in a fair way. It would be like selling a pax 2 at the same price as a pax 3. But when the manufactor won't let you discount the retailer is kinda stuck. 1/2 price at 4/20 would clear the shelves, lol.

blackstone

After completing my new Mighty battery testing, from the first charge I got one quick heat up to full temp (burnoff when new) and 12 full capsules, allowing the Mighty to fully cool between each one.
Part of me was glad it was over and I could go back to not completely over doing it for science!
The battery didn't die but the bar was flashing so it probably wouldn't have done another one.
The capsules were not packed very tightly but were heaped before the lid went on.
I started them at 180C and boosted to 200C..

I really don't understand why they wouldn't be able to replace the old batteries with the new ones ... apart from higher mAh they are exactly the same. Seems like S&B is gouging there customers by only being willing to repair their device for a limited amount of time (on something with a shelf life such as batteries! ... crazy that they think it's acceptable that a >$400 device should be garbage after a few years simply because it needs a couple 18650 batteries!)

Edit: this is not typical of S&B from my experience with them ... they usually provide very good product support from my experience

Well, we probably shouldn't take it as gospel. I'm not even completely sure of the facts.

I went and had a search, and the case I probably saw was a very early Mighty in for battery replacement, and they were told the batteries were incompatible and were advised to buy a newer Mighty with a not so huge discount.

I have contacted S&B to get clarity on these issues so as soon as they respond and let me know what is what I will update the thread.

It will possibly be Monday before they answer, but it would be good to hear the best way to tell.
The older batteries would still be fine even for someone who left the house a lot.
My last Mighty was built in 11-2014 and I bought it from a retailer 03-2016, no problems and the older battery life was quite dependable although I did have to bring the charger along sometimes if I hadn't already charged it fully.

Also understandable some people wanting the new battery life, it's good!

I just figured out, that the first time somebody mentioned seeing/getting a Mighty with 20% extra battery sticker in this thread was January 2018 and it came direct from Germany.
So to be fair to Puffitup, in Nov 2017, they actually probably did have the same stock as S&B Germany. And there might be a normal lag in getting old stock sold and new products on shelves even at SB HQ/factory.

The Mighty I got just days ago from SB Germany is built on 08-2017, so there's some clearing of old stock or the batches get built every few months.

According to many posts and photos in January and some recently, the new battery is probably the 08-2017 build onward, and the first mention of anybody here actually getting one was 01-2018 direct from SB Germany.
(5 months after build!)
Then they put out the newsletter about its initial, mostly website only, availability on 02-2018.

Boxman

Disregarding my query about water vaping, let's change the subject for a moment: On Demand Vaping with the Mighty

Do any of you guys ever use your Mighty as an "On-Demand" vape? I often do this, working on a bowl throughout the day. What I do is heatup to 350, do a couple of short pulls to get the vapor going, then turn off the heater and take a nice long pull (which typically results in a big cloud). About 20 seconds later, I finish the mini-session with a couple more pulls until there is no more vapor coming out. I feel that by doing this, I'm lowering the temperature in the bowl enough that my weed isn't "cooking off" after I stop vaping.

IOW, heatup Mighty, start vaping and turn it off, then finish vaping to cool the oven back down. I hope this isn't wasting a bunch of weed.

What do you experts think?

Vaporcussion

After completing my new Mighty battery testing, from the first charge I got one quick heat up to full temp (burnoff when new) and 12 full capsules, allowing the Mighty to fully cool between each one.

Thank you! 12 was my guess...

What do you experts think?

While you are being efficient with the "turn off, then take hit concept" the bowl is still hot enough afterward that you are wasting material for sure. Why not try super micro doses in the bowl with the full size liquid pad on top. Then you can finish each mini session in 3 hits or so...

hi i have a question regarding the aluminum in the mighty heating unit aluminum is known for gassing has the mighty been tested for aluminum intake?

AddictedToCombustion,

blackstone

Thank you! 12 was my guess...

It was surprising how many bars remained in the display all the time.
Another member @tonuzzi I think, said they got a burn off and about ten capsules but it might have been a longer burn off, or they had more/better material inside or maybe it's how they use the vape too.

You did well on your RMA, it's nice that there is options for free too if you don't feel like spending at the time.
I was tempted by the new device I must say, cheaper than cigarettes and papers in the long run!

Enjoy your post number 420 bud!!! I didn't make too big a deal of mine but I vaped in its honor alright!

Why not try super micro doses in the bowl with the full size liquid pad on top. Then you can finish each mini session in 3 hits or so...

Funnily enough @Boxman , this here above (except I do it in capsules) is what I also settled on for when you only have a minute or need to be more discreet.
You can heat the device before you "nip off",
and put the temperature up to maybe even 200C / 392F to speed up and improve the output.
Take about two good draws, turn it off and take another.

blackstone,
Top Bottom