The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vapor Trails

Why not take most of the items from S&B website(free shipping if >20€): http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_eu/en/shop/mighty.html

D021 from dhgate
Water adapter from vaposhop: https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/crafty-mighty-water-adapter/
easy flow mp: https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/vaporizer-parts/easy-flow-mouthpiece-crafty-mighty/

7€ shipping in eu, feel free to take some other things for free shipping (>50€)
10% off in vaposhop with this code: VAPOBUST
How much difference in draw restriction when using the glass mouthpiece? I'm thinking of going with an 18mm piece to use it in a J-Hook, HydraHoneyComb tube, and my little FC-187, but dry so vapor doesn't condense so much.

I don't own one, yet, and have a couple of questions. I have had a Volcano digit for years (can't remember how long), but I just sold my Plenty, because I just couldn't gauge how big of a draw I was really taking because of the way it's heat feature functions (rises and then falls), and I couldn't see the vapor as I was drawing, since of course the cooling coil/vapor path is metal. I could've gotten a glass adapter to see vapor, but the heat function on the Plenty is just not accurate enough for my budget, and other needs. Sometimes a session would end way before expected, and at other times the PLENTY would seem ho go for forever. I just couldn't gauge from bowl to bowl how many draws I could get out of one packing. I'm just looking for consistency, an easy to use "Plug and Play" portable with an lcd readout, and I would like it to extract/medicate at least as well as my Volcano if I pair it with all glass, and have the same results every time. Not 10 draws for one session, and then 5 for the next. I'm hoping the heat is measured in a different location on the Mighty, and hoping it will darken the ABV very well for pain, tremors, and sleep. Does it medicate well, or are there other portables that can possibly do it better? The FF2 worries me because of seeing a suggestion to use alcohol and a duster, which would knock bit's of cooked herb in the path, and I'm not sure of it's results, or draw resistance.

Anyhow, if I use an 18mm adapter with a Mighty will I get rid of the draw restriction, and does anyone feel the draw restriction from the factory mouthpiece is keeping the speed of the draw at bay so it somehow better cooks the herb? Ah, and if I use a very small amount with a liquid pad, will that work, or do I need to pack a full bowl? I like to stick to 0.070 to 0.14 per vaping session until my symptoms subside. I'd like to feel the Mighty is capable of conserving herb. My Volcano does great with a .070, especially with the liquid pad.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Vapor Trails,

Mr. Me2

How much difference in draw restriction when using the glass mouthpiece? I'm thinking of going with an 18mm piece to use it in a J-Hook, HydraHoneyComb tube, and my little FC-187, but dry so vapor doesn't condense so much.

I don't own one, yet, and have a couple of questions. I have had a Volcano digit for years (can't remember how long), but I just sold my Plenty, because I just couldn't gauge how big of a draw I was really taking because of the way it's heat feature functions (rises and then falls), and I couldn't see the vapor as I was drawing, since of course the cooling coil/vapor path is metal. I could've gotten a glass adapter to see vapor, but the heat function on the Plenty is just not accurate enough for my budget, and other needs. Sometimes a session would end way before expected, and at other times the PLENTY would seem ho go for forever. I just couldn't gauge from bowl to bowl how many draws I could get out of one packing. I'm just looking for consistency, an easy to use "Plug and Play" portable with an lcd readout, and I would like it to extract/medicate at least as well as my Volcano if I pair it with all glass, and have the same results every time. Not 10 draws for one session, and then 5 for the next. I'm hoping the heat is measured in a different location on the Mighty, and hoping it will darken the ABV very well for pain, tremors, and sleep. Does it medicate well, or are there other portables that can possibly do it better? The FF2 worries me because of seeing a suggestion to use alcohol and a duster, which would knock bit's of cooked herb in the path, and I'm not sure of it's results, or draw resistance.

Anyhow, if I use an 18mm adapter with a Mighty will I get rid of the draw restriction, and does anyone feel the draw restriction from the factory mouthpiece is keeping the speed of the draw at bay so it somehow better cooks the herb? Ah, and if I use a very small amount with a liquid pad, will that work, or do I need to pack a full bowl? I like to stick to 0.070 to 0.14 per vaping session until my symptoms subside. I'd like to feel the Mighty is capable of conserving herb. My Volcano does great with a .070, especially with the liquid pad.

Thank you for your help.
Good morning @Vapor Trails ! I can give you my :2c: for some, but not all of your questions, based on my Crafty experience. First off, it evenly bakes your oven and the abv will be the same cooked color throughout, so don't worry about that.

I prefer smaller loads too, and there are a variety of ways to accomplish that. The pad works, but I prefer using a cut screen instead (with a wedge cut out so it looks like pac man). Many here have started using the dosing caps, and they can weigh in on using them for smaller loads, but I think that works too.

I find the Crafty has very little draw resistance with the stock mouthpiece. But I haven't tried any mods. I just haven't found its needed. Others can give you their opinions on that too, and let you know their experiences.

Hope this helps!

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Thank you for your help.
I think it's a tall order to find a portable that extracts "at least as well as a Volcano"!
But I only know Volcano by reputation. I have a Mighty and find it does not have excessive draw restriction (unless packed full and tight, then it's more noticeable) at least compared to Pax 2 which is notorious. Compared to Grasshopper I'll say it depends also on density of load. (the Hopper has little restriction and extracts great with small load, but availability is spotty and reliability is spottier).
Putting a glass adapter on Mighty is slightly less restrictive than the stock c/u and mouthpiece. Again, it may depend more on the load and/or screen you use (if any) in the adapter.
Mighty's reputation leans more toward weed-hog session than conservative vape, but the small load is definitely achievable with some practice. The 'top screen' described by @Mr. Me2 works fine and doesn't need the cleaning that an oil pad eventually will. Take a stock screen and make one cut with a scissor, from edge in to center (then it looks like pac man). The screen will then be able to adjust to a little smaller diameter and still give a press fit to hold the partial load in place.
To answer one of the finer points, I don't think the cooling unit is intended to delay delivery of vape for better herb 'cooking', if anything it is delaying for reasons of cooling. Even with no c/u, only a glass adapter, you can hit hard and the vape will keep up.

Vapor Trails

I think it's a tall order to find a portable that extracts "at least as well as a Volcano"!
But I only know Volcano by reputation.

Yeah, I was really disappointed to see how little the Volcano released, and if combustion is all inhaled (low % combustion tests are calculated as if someone were burnung a joint and not taking it all in) and none wasted, combustion beats out the Volcano at 75% absorption from combustion. Bummed me to know my Arizer Solo is extracting more than the Volcano.

Here's some data that have been floating around on here, but good data to have.

"Recoveries of THCtot and CBDtot in the vapor of 4 electrically-driven vaporizers were 58.4 and 51.4%, 66.8 and 56.1%, 82.7 and 70.0% and 54.6 and 56.7% for Volcano Medic®, Plenty Vaporizer®, Arizer Solo® and DaVinci Vaporizer®, respectively. Decarboxylation efficiency was excellent for THC (≥ 97.3%) and CBD (≥ 94.6%). The gas-powered Vape-or-Smoke™ showed recoveries of THCtot and CBDtot in the vapor of 55.9 "

Volcano - 58.4% THC 51.4% CBD
PLENTY - 66.8% THC 56.1% CBD
Arizer Solo - 82.7% THC 70% CBD
DaVinci - 54.6% THC 56.7% CBD

"The largest difference was seen for THC vaporized from THC-type cannabis with 54.6% and 82.7% for the DaVinci Vaporizer® and the Arizer Solo®, respectively. Here, the yield differed by 50% between the device with the lowest and that with the highest vaporizing efficiency. Lowest recoveries between 48.5–58.5% for cannabinoids from cannabis were obtained with the DaVinci Vaporizer® and the Volcano Medic®, whereas the Plenty Vaporizer® released 56.1–66.8% of total cannabinoids into the vapor. Best recoveries were obtained for the Arizer Solo® with 70.0–82.7%. The better the recovery the less drug (cannabis or cannabinoids) is needed to deliver a defined therapeutic dose to a patient. This is an economic issue in terms of cost-effectiveness of the therapy with medicinal cannabis. Another aspect is the reliable and constant release of cannabinoids into the vapor to guarantee uniformity of the dosage, reflected by the RSD values obtained for the different devices. All electrically-driven vaporizers showed small variabilities with RSD values ≤ 13%. Excellent reproducibility was found for the Plenty Vaporizer® (RSD ≤ 6.5%). It is also important to note that the design of the vaporizers had an impact on the yield of cannabinoids released with the vapor. Devices such as Volcano Medic® and Plenty Vaporizer® providing rather cold vapor for a mild, less airways-irritating inhalation revealed a smaller recovery of cannabinoids in the vapor compared to Arizer Solo®. However, this device, designed to release a maximum amount of cannabinoids into the vapor and lacking a cooling tube, produces a rather hot vapor, which may be less tolerated by patients."

Sources: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4718604/
http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147286

So, I'm hoping the Mighty for or Crafty for their cost would extract more comparably to my Solo, instead of extracting only around as much as a DaVinci. In my theory of mind, the Mighty with a short 18mm adapter and a good custom 18mm Steam Roller (from joda) would reduce condensation further past the point for the Plenty or Volcano Medic (Vapor condenses in Plenty coil- Condenses in Volcano bag), because it can only adhere to that small section of glass. I simply like different Vapor profiles like I like different audio/speaker/headphone profiles that are transmitting the same sounds, yet give a different experience, and I do enjoy the S&B profile, but would like like to know that for just over 3x more money that the Mighty would extract comparably to my Solo. The Solo is here to stay, and I have a Vortex stem for flow, but I was hoping the Mighty would be effortless with a glass adapter.

So no real difference in strain relief/ease of draw with an 18mm adapter, and to have a session of say a 0.1 doesn't do so well with the liquid pad, and it is better to custom fit a screen (if I'm understanding correctly)? The reason strain relief is important to me is I am coming from the Plenty which flows freely, and heard the S&B portables are 300% harder to draw from, and again I thought the glass adapter might eliminate this, but it sounds unfortunately not so :/

Vapor Trails,

Michel

I sold my volcano after purchasing a mighty. Extraction isn't better on one or the other, although I could get one more whispy cloud from the volcano AVB when putting it in the mighty.

Taste is not as "clear" with the mighty when comparing to a new volcano bag. But tastes of the last sessions are lingering in older volcano bags and somehow the very last bag from a bowl always tasted disgusting, from every strain.

Draw resistance should mostly come from the unit itself since the CU is very free flowing if the body isn't attached. You might get a better draw on glass since you have more volume and a harder draw through glass, but the mighty in general has a low resistance. In numbers: mighty heats 10l/min against 30l/min from the plenty. The difference sounds bigger than it is in real life.

I can estimate the amount of vapor pretty good through the tickling in my throat as the mighty isn't as smooth and cool as the plenty. The vapor somehow is more dense or espresso-like than on the plenty, I never needed to see the amount of vapor produced.

I used screens and liquid pads but I got tired of this and now I simply toss half a bowl in there loosely. It works as good as with the "pacman screens". You might adjust your draw and / or hold the device vertically but I got lazy, I just vape what and how I feel and the mighty always delivers good clouds!

Last edited:

Fightra

Ok here I am again asking the same old question.
I am happy Mighty owner and I would buy it again but someone is asking me which vape she should buy? She is being kinda cheap so i thought how about Arizer solo vs mighty? what do you say? or does anything else come to mind that seriously lets u hit the herb and makes u don't want to combust?
The thing is I've only heard that Arizer Solo is a good candidate I haven't tried anything but MFLB and mighty and imo MFLB was a joke and mighty is the king. But where does the Solo place to?

Last edited:
Fightra,

Mrbrown81k

I am happy Mighty owner and I would buy it again but someone is asking me which vape she should buy? She is being kinda cheap so i thought how about Arizer solo vs mighty? what do you say? or does anything else come to mind that seriously lets u hit the herb and makes u don't want to combust?
The thing is I've only heard that Arizer Solo is a good candidate I haven't tried anything but MFLB and mighty and imo MFLB was a joke and mighty is the king. But where does the Solo place to?
I have a crafty and an Air (grasshopper on the way) Ive tried the solo and its pretty much the same as the air in terms of performance. While I definetly enjoy the crafty more the Air has its advantages. I dont feel as rushed to finish my bowl, it seems to use a little less bud also. Its not as satisfying to hit as there is more restriction to the draw, but still satisfying. I would recommend it to anyone not wanting to spend 500$ on the mighty. But here is another interesting one that seems to be getting good reviews and only 48$!
https://www.everyonedoesit.com/aromatic-herb-vaperizer-kit-the-convector.html

Mrbrown81k,

Mr. Me2

If she doesn't mind waiting, I think the grasshopper is an unbelievable value. If she like your Mighty and wants to spend less, how about the Boundless vapes.

Fightra

Waiting? Isn't grasshopper already out? I scrolled the last page of grasshopper topic and all it was was complying about how it was heating the outer titanium part or something seemed sketchy so..? Boundless looks like Mighty knockoff is it really working? What is the difference between the 40 dollar difference units? Both look almost too good to be true if they are milking the way mighty is..
After some research pretty sure I'm gonna suggest boundless cfx for her..

Ah yeah there is some draw resistance in Solo..

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

Waiting? Isn't grasshopper already out? I scrolled the last page of grasshopper topic and all it was was complying about how it was heating the outer titanium part or something seemed sketchy so..? Boundless looks like Mighty knockoff is it really working? What is the difference between the 40 dollar difference units? Both look almost too good to be true if they are milking the way mighty is..
After some research pretty sure I'm gonna suggest boundless cfx for her..

Ah yeah there is some draw resistance in Solo..
Grasshopper is in preorder land. So if you order today, there is likely at least a couple month wait. Most people have waited a year for theirs, including me.

Boundless is not a Crafty or Mighty, but people really seem to love them. And they seem like a solid value. For your Boundless questions, I think your best served by posting them on that thread.

Wish I could be more help with that.

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: Michel

Vapor Trails

Let's please keep vape comparisons and suggestions out of the thread. Feel free to take it to Ask FC or PMs.

So how about that Mighty, eh?

:peace:
Unfortunately, AskFC is almost completely inactive, brother. I don't believe many folks would be stopping to help anyone in a timely manner, and they would just go unhelped.

Vapor Trails,

Elbuort19

Good morning @Vapor Trails
I prefer smaller loads too, and there are a variety of ways to accomplish that. The pad works, but I prefer using a cut screen instead (with a wedge cut out so it looks like pac man). Many here have started using the dosing caps, and they can weigh in on using them for smaller loads, but I think that works too.

For solo sessions I've tried the other methods, liquid pad, SS screen, ceramic screen and I'm liking the dosing capsules the best. I tamp the herb down hard multiple times into a little disc that covers the bottom of the capsule which seems to give a little longer session and doesn't noticeably hinder draw resistance. This also keeps the chamber even cleaner than the capsule already does because with a little green puck there are less loose particles that can pass through the tiny holes in the capsule. I've been using my Mighty this way for about 4 weeks minimum dozen times a day and the chamber looks like new but has not been cleaned. As a result grind doesn't matter too much because its all compresses into one disc and if you drop the dosing capsule you are unlikely to loose anything even if the top comes off because the herb is pressed into the bottom of the capsule. When your done you just pop the top off the capsule and the abv usually dumps out still in a disc and the capsules so far require no cleaning. The only time I'm using my FF2 is if I don't have any capsules loaded and I'm in a rush to get medicated...I'm a bit OCD so I can't load 1 capsule I have to load all 8 which is why the FF2 is faster in this situation. lol

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

I love the device, but I have been very disappointed with the RMA service thus far. At this point, it most likely will take a total of 3 weeks for me to get my device back. That sounds like nothing I have heard from the RMA stories. They just started working on it yesterday. God knows when they'll ship it out, and what shipping plan they will choose.
I'm from Canada and have dealt with S&B exactly twice since I got into the vape game (April 2015). My first unit was a Crafty which I sent in for an upgrade. I made sure I cleaned it as much as possible, took out the CU, bowl screen/rings and sent it in. They shipped a brand new Mighty the same day they received my Crafty. In total, it took about 3-4 days for my unit to ship and another week or so before it arrived back in Canada.

Recently, I sent in my Mighty for repairs (plastic was starting to split maybe because it got dropped a few times) and ensured I cleaned it thoroughly before sending it to S&B. Within a day of them receiving it, they replied back to me stating that my unit has been repaired/replaced and was sent out. It's been almost two weeks now and my Mighty should be here soon. I also wrote them a little letter thanking them for their service. Here's hoping for a brand new Mighty and not one that's been glued back! My 2cents.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
How did that taste? I haven't bonged through my Mighty in a while and from what I recall it was pretty damn tasty.

As a side note, would you say the Mighty is in your top 3 if customer service wasn't an issue with them for you?
Taste is great! Session goes much faster too!

The mighty is definitely in the top three for portables, despite my problem with CS.

My suggestion would be for people to go through good vendors like PIU...just to have an extra layer of advocacy when dealing with issues.

Last edited:

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
For me, S&B consumer service was always a pleasure to deal with, quick and efficient.

As for the mighty, for me it's definitely in my top 3, but in the "battery powered session vap" category :p
That's hard to beat the might/crafty :)

TheVaporist,
Reactions: 6079Smith

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
That's the reason I deem their CS inconsistent.
Some great reports others no so great...

To note I've had painless interactions as well...but anyone reading the threads past and present can see the roller coaster of treatment.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: whatitdew

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Alright MightyGang I want to know fom all you long time users

How long have you had your mighty for when you sent it in for warranty?? Or how long have you had it and not yet sent it in. I'm wondering who has the most mileage on their unit.

Mine is just about one year old no issues great battery life, used at least 5 times per day.
If it keeps up I expect to send it in near the end of my warranty cycle.

Anybody gone a full two years??
I'll probably end up buying another one before that tho!:rockon:

shaolinmilk

Alright MightyGang I want to know fom all you long time users

How long have you had your mighty for when you sent it in for warranty?? Or how long have you had it and not yet sent it in. I'm wondering who has the most mileage on their unit.

Mine is just about one year old no issues great battery life, used at least 5 times per day.
If it keeps up I expect to send it in near the end of my warranty cycle.

Anybody gone a full two years??
I'll probably end up buying another one before that tho!:rockon:
I had it for about 15-16 months before sending it in for repairs. Everything still worked perfectly fine... just the plastic was coming apart and it was probably my fault cause I dropped it too many times.

Top Bottom