The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

grogazola

All the screens that come with the Crafty+ are pre-dished now, nice touch.
Capsules might replicate some of the liquid pad effect (now with added radiation!), and capsules with little pads inside will even more so!
I clean the o-rings (and the cu) with a iso wipe.
The bowl edge is not ceramic, it's a continuation of the outer heater shroud below which is tan/natural PEEK it seems.

Have fun with your new clouds for the 2020 launch off!

Hahaha - does radiation add to the potency? Along with conduction and convection?

I really appreciate you sharing that I’m not the only person who the Mighty didn’t work for instantly. I hate portables, but I need to medicate on the go.

have you @blackstone or anyone else prefer the liquid pad screen to the dosing capsule?

which method had the radiation again? haha might come in handy before basketball...hoping to still grow!! doesn’t matter where or what! :spidey:

blackstone

Hahaha - does radiation add to the potency? Along with conduction and convection?

I really appreciate you sharing that I’m not the only person who the Mighty didn’t work for instantly. I hate portables, but I need to medicate on the go.

have you @blackstone or anyone else prefer the liquid pad screen to the dosing capsule?

which method had the radiation again? haha might come in handy before basketball...hoping to still grow!! doesn’t matter where or what! :spidey:

I think it helps with even extraction so yeah it ups the potency.
Baron23 loves the pads in the main bowl I think! Wasn't there someone on the last page too?
Any heated surface offers radiation but aluminium and other lightweight metals and hybrid composites offer significant thermal qualities and advantages.
If you ever find yourself inside a heated S&B capsule (or bowl) there will be no escaping it!

blackstone,
Reactions: grogazola

grogazola

I think it helps with even extraction so yeah it ups the potency.
Baron23 loves the pads in the main bowl I think! Wasn't there someone on the last page too?
Any heated surface offers radiation but aluminium and other lightweight metals and hybrid composites offer significant thermal qualities and advantages.
If you ever find yourself inside a heated S&B capsule (or bowl) there will be no escaping it!
Very interesting! Perhaps radiation is why dosing capsule people get such a dark avb.

I can’t wait to run a liquid pad on the mighty. It’s fine without it I guess, but it’s like it needs an oven lid.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Very interesting! Perhaps radiation is why dosing capsule people get such a dark avb.

I can’t wait to run a liquid pad on the mighty. It’s fine without it I guess, but it’s like it needs an oven lid.
I only use capsules and find they facilitate better extraction. I'll often add a small screen on top of my load in the capsule to generate a bit more conduction. And it also keeps particles from flying into the cooling unit. I removed my CU screen on Day 1 and never looked back. You don't need it when using capsules.

I am no expert on contaminates but I feel the whole "aluminum dust" issue is an unwarranted concern. Trust me, you are breathing in more contaminates on your way to work every morning (unless you live in the country, I suppose). We breathe in dust, particles and fumes on a daily basis everywhere we go.

Just my opinion, of course.

Happy New Year, everyone.

grogazola

Very interesting.

Do the capsule liquid (concentrate) pads for better as a screen in the CU than the regular liquid pads? Had to really jam mine in.

grogazola,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Very interesting.

Do the capsule liquid (concentrate) pads for better as a screen in the CU than the regular liquid pads? Had to really jam mine in.
I don't use the pads; I simply place a small stainless steel screen on top of the load in the capsule then put on the lid. Both the added screen and capsule lid prevent particles from entering the CU.

If you wish to use a smaller load in the capsule, simply place a flat screen, then a domed screen on top of your partial load to fill in the empty space. You never want your herb flying around loose while using the Mighty.

Again, I prefer high temperature vaping and I find this technique adds a bit more conduction to mix. Pretty sure I am getting a bit more extraction of the goodies as well. At least I have convinced myself of that.

grogazola

I don't use the pads; I simply place a small stainless steel screen on top of the load in the capsule then put on the lid. Both the added screen and capsule lid prevent particles from entering the CU.

If you wish to use a smaller load in the capsule, simply place a flat screen, then a domed screen on top of your partial load to fill in the empty space. You never want your herb flying around loose while using the Mighty.

Again, I prefer high temperature vaping and I find this technique adds a bit more conduction to mix. Pretty sure I am getting a bit more extraction of the goodies as well. At least I have convinced myself of that.

Definitely going to avoid using the capsules. The liquid pad is okay, but I think I prefer the naked chamber. I have a final question (I think I got this!!)

For those of you who use the CU and chamber naked, what shape is your screen? Do you prefer flat or convex?

grogazola,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Definitely going to avoid using the capsules. The liquid pad is okay, but I think I prefer the naked chamber. I have a final question (I think I got this!!)

For those of you who use the CU and chamber naked, what shape is your screen? Do you prefer flat or convex?
I respect your decision. Each to their own. No doubt you will find a technique that suits your needs.

mobilrog

zkVHDXs.jpg

soooo, am I grinding my weed to fine? im using the dosing capsules and im constantly having to wipe the screen for the cooling unit

mobilrog,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
soooo, am I grinding my weed to fine? im using the dosing capsules and im constantly having to wipe the screen for the cooling unit
Yes. Doesn't need be so much escaping the capsule.
I imagine that if you were not using a capsule it'd be a pretty dirty inside the c/u before long...

Some folks who use caps exclusively remove the c/u screen altogether so as to not have to clean resin from it, and the capsule top doesn't get as sticky. But that would be even more reason to want to prevent solids from escaping the capsule.

Are you using the S&B grinder? That one (or some other 'enclosed' grinders) will grind fine if you turn it very much. Maybe one turn, or two turns is all it takes with those.

vapviking,
Reactions: LesPlenty

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La

Remove your CU screen. Place a small screen on top of your load in the capsule before putting on the lid. Problem solved. I grind fine without any issues.

WildChild,
Reactions: LesPlenty

mobilrog

Yes. Doesn't need be so much escaping the capsule.
I imagine that if you were not using a capsule it'd be a pretty dirty inside the c/u before long...

Some folks who use caps exclusively remove the c/u screen altogether so as to not have to clean resin from it, and the capsule top doesn't get as sticky. But that would be even more reason to want to prevent solids from escaping the capsule.

Are you using the S&B grinder? That one (or some other 'enclosed' grinders) will grind fine if you turn it very much. Maybe one turn, or two turns is all it takes with those.
Ocni98K.jpg

just a cheap ordinary 4 piece grinder. I have a 2 piece mendo mulcher that grinds a lot finer (for use in the pax), I do have a 2 piece sweet leaf grinder I should dig out and see if that breaks it up a little more coarse. I had a lot of fine material in the CU the first clean, so much it blocked the vapor path right after the screen, then I switched to the fine screen and started noticing that build up.

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
Strange. Are you packing your caps full? Are you carrying your Mighty around with a cap loaded in it?

Moses Baca,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Just received my new Mighty after years of using the Solo, Solo 2 and numerous Dynavap units. Can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. The next 6 hours at work are going to feel like 6 days!
I pretty much use my Solo II and Mighty exclusively. They are different creatures for sure, but both are solid performers.

Enjoy your new vape!

grogazola

Thanks again to everyone and happy new year!

I have never owned a device like the Mighty. In fact, had I tried one before I bought mine, I *may or *may not have purchased it. I would have been annoyed with the fact that you’re limited to 410f, the size, and the fragile nature of this device. Just repeating what I’ve read - I’m happy to have this piece in my toolbox!

I believe the Mighty is literally a medical device. It excels at seeking out specific temperatures for specific effects. As someone who prefers a “dial for simplicity,” the Mighty opens up a world of possibilities.

My technique is much different than when I first bought it - I set it to 410f and ripped away. Just puffing away without thinking. A few minutes later, the bowl was done. I cried inside.

I set it to ~347f and gently puff away. When that’s done, I’ll set it to ~374f. The avb is literally darker than a full bowl at max temp. And the session lasts six to seven minutes!

The medicated feeling is much clearer than my S&B desktops. I’m enjoying experimenting with temperature stepping. It’s great to be experimenting with lower temperatures. I seek pain relief and sometimes max temp can aggravate pain. So happy that the mighty allows me to experiment with the lower temperatures.

Mighty is a great first puff before I move on to my desktops. Perhaps as a nightcap too - only time will tell.

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Choices

Brought out my Mighty tonight to run through a capsule of CBD hemp. I’m trying it out to see if I can find that perfect ratio of CBD to THC. I must say it worked well as always. An enjoyable experience for sure. I am excited to start to try different ratios of straight CBD to “Schedule 1”. I think the Mighty affords the best platform for collecting data related to flower ratios, vape temperature, and effect level.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
So my wife just told me to order the mighty for her birthday present to me! Woo!

I live in California... what is the cheapest way to purchase one? Anyone have any 20% off codes for certain sites?
Thanks in advance!
Contact Randy at PuffItUp. He always gives good discounts (and extras) to fuckcombustion.com members. And he is a really nice guy. Even as a Canadian with a shitty exchange rate (USD to CAD) it was the best deal I could find.

Other members may have other suggestions as well.

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

EDIT: @Deano beat me to it. :)

Moses Baca

Colorado State Reformatory #8755
I also got mine from PIU. Love the freebie stand for around the house and the wpa is getting lots of use.

I'm skipping the temp stepping and just running mine at max temp lately. I still get good flavors and the extraction and effects seem fuller and stronger.

And I'm still amazed at how easy it hits and how well the CU works. My wife tried our Mighty for the first time today. She took a long draw, looking at me like she didn't think anything was happening. I commented how easy it hits. She tried to reply but was unable to speak -- a huge cloud of vapor was pouring out of her mouth. She liked it. :freak:

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I got my mighty on post 9 of this thread. SN: MY000505

It is unmodified and still works fantastically. My original muzzmod is also working like the day I made it.

I paid $459 USD for my Mighty which seems crazy now but its been worth every penny. Satisfied customer. :)

Looking back my initial review was pretty funny. This was the first online review of a mighty. I had no idea what the filling tool was for. lol

Top Bottom