The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
My friend purchased a Mighty, I guess I'm extremely late to trying this vape but I think I prefer it to my Volcano.

The Vapor is quite smooth to me, very open draw, super simple to operate, a lot less "gear" and parts than the Volcano. I was expecting the bowl to be really big like my Volcano filling chamber after reading so much about people trying to make the bowl smaller, seems like the perfect size to me.

Puffitup included a stand and a glass mouthpiece - makes the Mighty work pretty nice to me, IDK what more someone would need. It seems like a solid choice for someone's only device.

arthritisbites

My friend purchased a Mighty, I guess I'm extremely late to trying this vape but I think I prefer it to my Volcano.

The Vapor is quite smooth to me, very open draw, super simple to operate, a lot less "gear" and parts than the Volcano. I was expecting the bowl to be really big like my Volcano filling chamber after reading so much about people trying to make the bowl smaller, seems like the perfect size to me.

Puffitup included a stand and a glass mouthpiece - makes the Mighty work pretty nice to me, IDK what more someone would need. It seems like a solid choice for someone's only device.

I had the same experience, my volcano is now in its box in the back of the closet. I can’t quite bring myself to get rid of her, but my mighty is my daily driver

Vifzor

so you need the WPA for the mighty to use with a water cooling pipe or bong or whatever right?
for example the aquavape on his own isn't enough?

LesPlenty

Company Rep
That is correct @Vifzor, I use an 18mm glass one like;
https://www.puffitup.com/Mighty-Crafty-Water-Adapter-18mm-p/qtqc.might-18mm.htm

But if you prefer 14mm;
https://www.puffitup.com/Mighty-Crafty-Water-Adapter-14mm-p/qtqc.might-14mm.htm

or both+10mm?(looks a bit restricive);
https://www.puffitup.com/Mighty-Crafty-Universal-WPA-p/qctq.might-wpa_uni.htm

or a synthetic 3d printed one from @Ratchett 3d studio
https://delta3dstudios.com/mighty-v3-waterpipe-adapter/
IMG_7841__71290.1497140927.380.380.JPG

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
so you need the WPA for the mighty to use with a water cooling pipe or bong or whatever right?
for example the aquavape on his own isn't enough?
To clarify, you need an adapter that fits your glass piece's inlet, either 14mm or 18mm, and as you see, a couple of the adapters work for either size. These are installed after completely removing the cooling unit from Mighty.
I happen to like the last one presented by @LesPlenty , though I have not tried any of the others.

stressed

i''ve been using the mighty for over a year and a half. average of .75 grams a day then i use other devices once in awhile.

i had completely spaced out on the bottom screen. i had no idea it was there and never looked at it. yesterday, i stumbled on a cleaning video and there it was. i'm so stupid. oddly enough, after replacing the screen, it hits better. duh.

i broke my mighty too. i wrapped it with tape right around the middle of the vape. there is a little plastic piece at the top of the main unit, right in the middle. one of the plastic pieces broke off bit by bit and now the whole middle part will move with very little pressure. i think i could bend it most of the way down but i avoided the urge.

it still works but i'm a bit concerned about it. i'm going to assume it's not going to burst into fire. it is a pretty fragile piece for this kind of expensive toy. so i bought a ghost mv1 while looking to have a backup .

stupid stoner tricks. :)

simplywonderful

Hmm, I've been tossing around a few different ideas for some new stands recently. Although this spring has been quite eventful and I haven't had much time for R&D. I'm hoping to work on some new stand ideas this summer once things slow down a little bit. And yes, one of my stand ideas does have a spot for the Mighty vaporizer planned out, but I still need to do more testing on my concept before I'm ready to publish anything.

Indeed they can. The screen rests in a notched indentation along the vaporpath. A blunt object from the 18/14mm male side can pop it out quite easily. Re-installation is pretty easy - simply work the screen into the notch on one side then slowly press it down and work it into the groove until it pops into place
Hey ratchett I emailed you some time ago with a question about german vape shop which would want to retail your mighty v3 adapter, anything cooking up or did you even got that message?:)
I would be very happy to purchase it so as others:) btw how much cost the cheapest second class/economy whatever cheaepest way shipping to EU? thank you very much , wish you a beautiful day

simplywonderful

comments

fb27f3bc57d33f4ef596ee68f04464d4_preview_featured.jpg

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3562677
So finaly ? It looks quite promising, I dont how to assemble it, or if anyone actually tried it but I kind of like it, Im wondering about the top, on how CU slides there, I always use to push the cu down before sliding it off.
Anyone knows how much could it cost approx in materials and work?
offtopic, I need to get this key printed, hunters have access to these beautiful natural spots where is this beautiful river spot is located and one of them got the key already for me, but the head of the oranization made it pain in the ass, because he bought the most safe lock, which is supposedly secured by order only blanks from the company, which you need security card. I wanted to make 3d model of it and print it in metal, any ideas where in europe print thingies like this in metal?
Thanky ou guys and have a beautiful day. Hope all of you will like what I found. If it prolongs the life of upper cu area where chipping often occurs then its worth it in my opinion, ofcourse if it does not make the m bulky as F, nobody wants to carry a brick :D
I hope someone can edit the back logo to SB mighty one.
I would be very happyto see how it looks on the mighty.
btw how it willattach? glue ? screws would be best, but I asume this is glue thing by default right?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
comments

fb27f3bc57d33f4ef596ee68f04464d4_preview_featured.jpg

So finaly ? It looks quite promising, I dont how to assemble it, or if anyone actually tried it but I kind of like it, Im wondering about the top, on how CU slides there, I always use to push the cu down before sliding it off.
Anyone knows how much could it cost approx in materials and work?
offtopic, I need to get this key printed, hunters have access to these beautiful natural spots where is this beautiful river spot is located and one of them got the key already for me, but the head of the oranization made it pain in the ass, because he bought the most safe lock, which is supposedly secured by order only blanks from the company, which you need security card. I wanted to make 3d model of it and print it in metal, any ideas where in europe print thingies like this in metal?
Thanky ou guys and have a beautiful day. Hope all of you will like what I found. If it prolongs the life of upper cu area where chipping often occurs then its worth it in my opinion, ofcourse if it does not make the m bulky as F, nobody wants to carry a brick :D
I hope someone can edit the back logo to SB mighty one.
I would be very happyto see how it looks on the mighty.
btw how it willattach? glue ? screws would be best, but I asume this is glue thing by default right?
Interesting-looking, but Mighty is not like a phone...
I mention 2 possible shortcomings that might be refined;
Have you considered the location of the air intakes? I think this cover will block the flow of air into Mighty.
Bigger issue may be heat dissipation. All the fins on Mighty are for this purpose and this cover appears to block a lot of them.

simplywonderful

Interesting-looking, but Mighty is not like a phone...
I mention 2 possible shortcomings that might be refined;
Have you considered the location of the air intakes? I think this cover will block the flow of air into Mighty.
Bigger issue may be heat dissipation. All the fins on Mighty are for this purpose and this cover appears to block a lot of them.

When I observed the design in thingilook, you can click on it on the site it will provide you 360 look and compared it to the mighty I dont think it will block airflow from mighty, the airflow holes on the mighty are just above the mighty back label with sn, where the fins end right ? Btw sometimes I got bigger draws If I just put a finger on the charger point, is it a issue? non isolated vapor path?

When you look at the 360 view It seems to me that the whole area with fins is exposed to air to cool down, besides that material for printing should be tpu or silicone so my main concern is if it will keep the cooling unit protected so not a fin would break. If yes then its worth it.
I just noticed that the case is maybe little to thick on the sides so it might be just optical illusion and it might fit like tailored suit for the black/orange boss or it might be covering very small area of the fins where batteries are located.
Btw Tpu/silicone should dissipate the heat quite easily right?
I would love to see finished product, how it looks on the mighty etc. Lot of printing services use PlA fillament but not tpu silicone) Wondering how the CU unit would slide in that case.
Im wondering why SB did not made any silicone sleeve.

I would really freakin pay for a 3d printed mighty from titanium or hemp plastic :D I mean I bet lot of you guys would want that with exchangeable batteries and heating element spare parts so it will be easily fixable :D:lol: would be called the Ultimate I mean who would not want a vape like that?
:razz:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
When I observed the design in thingilook, you can click on it on the site it will provide you 360 look and compared it to the mighty I dont think it will block airflow from mighty, the airflow holes on the mighty are just above the mighty back label with sn, where the fins end right ? Btw sometimes I got bigger draws If I just put a finger on the charger point, is it a issue? non isolated vapor path?

When you look at the 360 view It seems to me that the whole area with fins is exposed to air to cool down, besides that material for printing should be tpu or silicone so my main concern is if it will keep the cooling unit protected so not a fin would break. If yes then its worth it.
I just noticed that the case is maybe little to thick on the sides so it might be just optical illusion and it might fit like tailored suit for the black/orange boss or it might be covering very small area of the fins where batteries are located.
Btw Tpu/silicone should dissipate the heat quite easily right?
I would love to see finished product, how it looks on the mighty etc. Lot of printing services use PlA fillament but not tpu silicone) Wondering how the CU unit would slide in that case.
Im wondering why SB did not made any silicone sleeve.

I would really freakin pay for a 3d printed mighty from titanium or hemp plastic :D I mean I bet lot of you guys would want that with exchangeable batteries and heating element spare parts so it will be easily fixable :D:lol: would be called the Ultimate I mean who would not want a vape like that?
:razz:
Sorry, I don't see any images of Mighty there.
I think your wish list might just send you looking for a different vape! A Mighty with all that is no longer a Mighty.
Can they 3d print with tiatanium?

vapviking,

simplywonderful

Sorry, I don't see any images of Mighty there.
I think your wish list might just send you looking for a different vape! A Mighty with all that is no longer a Mighty.
Can they 3d print with tiatanium?
cmon man, how do you think the wpa adapters were made? :D
mighty is mighty but deserves protection,
click on thingiview and look on it more detailed in 360
yes titanium or other metals (stainless steel is easily 3d printable)
I respect your opinion fully, I would myself would want to have a mighty with better body than a plastic (hemp plastic for example, sturdy as stainless steel, yet light)
Titanium is featherweight very sturdy but expensive.
I hope SB would came up with some inovation.
When I first saw mighty, back in 2014 I was hmm price... ? meh, plastic shit, I thought every person who did a review on it was paid by storz and bickel to promote it :D I was really dumb to think that, I had monitor with very weird color representation and saw the box as blue and red, it fuckin screamed communism :D that was another let down. But the vape critic made those reviews and I saw the mans eye. I knew. Then I bought it and tried and I knew I was dumb af to think that, comparing to my old aluminum flowermate. Just Mighty.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Idk how the fuck the wpa adapters were made; I don't know what adapters you're talking about...
The link you gave is the same link, and I can click on a 3d view to see all around the cover. I'm saying there is no image of a Mighty with which to 'compare' it, as you suggested. I would have to imagine a Mighty there to see it.
Or maybe I'm too old to know where to look?
Maybe I'm too old to know all about 21st century construction tech., so I asked about printing in metals.

I've had same Mighty for years, some fins around the bowl broke real early on, I still think that's a design weakness, but function is not impaired in the least. The rest of the case has held up fine, and I've taken this thing all over. Most reliable and consistent vape I've had to date.

I think it's fine to work on a shell case design for Mighty, I was making a couple of observations/critique to maybe spur on improvement? Looks like fun, actually. For me, this vape is already bulky enough, just barely fits in my jeans pocket, so I would likely not want to add anything.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I thought the Mighty's original price was shockingly high at the time too, but now I can appreciate that it's essentially a handheld Volcano Digital on steroids, I see why S&B priced it that way.

This would be a great vape even if it was a plugin only, to be able to just unplug and carry on your way is fantastic. Not a vaporizer I would carry in my pockets (oilpen fills that void) but it's portable enough to use pretty much anywhere I would vape.

It's no Flowerpot, but it's not bad through water.

Only two minor nitpicks I can think of is the stand should have been built in just to smooth out the lines. It works too well as a desktop, especially with pass-through charging to not just have the stand integrated. The PIU stand works fine though. And a simple "scoop" tool would have sufficed, the loading tool seems a bit over-engineered but maybe I need to fiddle with it a bit more. I just use a tiny spoon and it works great.

I agree that the exterior shell could be built more durable, but I've had a Volcano so long the S&B plastic seems familiar to me.

There's certainly newer vaporizers which heat up faster, but by the time you get a nug ground and loaded I just don't see it really mattering.

I see why people get bored of talking about this vape, it's good enough to satisfy 90% of vaporists.

MonkeyTime

yes titanium or other metals (stainless steel is easily 3d printable)
/QUOTE]

Say what? 3d printing metals is in its infancy and not a true reality for projects of this size, it's just not cost effective.

As for the case.... If it's flexible enough to pull over the Mighty, it'll be too flexible to stay on well IMO. It would need to be a two part shell that snapped together.

And that's without getting into the cooling issues, the Mighty was made out of plastic for a reason, heat dissipation.

I like the idea, just not sure this one is the answer

simplywonderful

Idk how the fuck the wpa adapters were made; I don't know what adapters you're talking about...
The link you gave is the same link, and I can click on a 3d view to see all around the cover. I'm saying there is no image of a Mighty with which to 'compare' it, as you suggested. I would have to imagine a Mighty there to see it.
Or maybe I'm too old to know where to look?
Maybe I'm too old to know all about 21st century construction tech., so I asked about printing in metals.

I've had same Mighty for years, some fins around the bowl broke real early on, I still think that's a design weakness, but function is not impaired in the least. The rest of the case has held up fine, and I've taken this thing all over. Most reliable and consistent vape I've had to date.

I think it's fine to work on a shell case design for Mighty, I was making a couple of observations/critique to maybe spur on improvement? Looks like fun, actually. For me, this vape is already bulky enough, just barely fits in my jeans pocket, so I would likely not want to add anything.
you are rude for no apparent reason mate, did you had a bad day? wpa adapters in mighty sub, like they are thousands of them, I bet ratchett is 3d printing his and those from puff it up with glass are 3d model then made into mould or also 3d printed.
The images with mighty in it are missing I said that I would like to see it printed and mighty in it too. I thought you had problems with viewing the case in 3d.

It is design weakness, hemp plastic would fix that easily :) mine broke couple times too, once to that point that there was nothing to hold on top and it fell the centre piece with oven was moving, then the cover plastic split and M started to split exposing batteries, painful to watch.
I told SB when I was figuring out my rma, but Im not sure if they cared, maybe they are already working on something other, leaving mighty in past, that can be good and bad thing.
Yeah me too, I tried to wear silicone rubber band on the top, but it only helped with breaking the fins earlier than it would without it :( :doh: If somebody would be able to make 3d copy of the mighty case and the heating elements, airpath all components would be easily searchable, I think we would have ultimate rocket with removable batteries quite easily constructed by somebody with lot of passion :D
I have ryot ratpack but it sucks to wear something big which does not fit in your pocket, mighty is already pocket maximum size as you said.
Mine are made of glass, s/s or aluminium! But titanium powder laser melted 3d printers are used for lots of rocket science shit and prosthetics nowadays, cool eh..like StarTrek.:myday:
Probably not a cheap toy though.:tup:

Edit; I have 2x wooden WPA as well.
bro where did you get those? Did you made them (not just the wooden ones) I know only about ratchett silicone one and puffitup one which you referred to in the past here, but both have plastic around it.
Its expensive I said, but doable, that titanium mighty have been a joke :D that would cost around 1500+ easily maybe less maybe more. 3d printing metals in infancy? I dont know man but in this country which is very outdated I found many companies who do that, you can select various metals titanium is one of them.
But hemp plastic is the way. everything else can stay the same. Aluminum would bend, damage, not healthy. SS would be heavy as f
Rocketscience shit is stem cell printing machine printing organs and shit :D
Tell us about your wpas please :evil:
I thought the Mighty's original price was shockingly high at the time too, but now I can appreciate that it's essentially a handheld Volcano Digital on steroids, I see why S&B priced it that way.

This would be a great vape even if it was a plugin only, to be able to just unplug and carry on your way is fantastic. Not a vaporizer I would carry in my pockets (oilpen fills that void) but it's portable enough to use pretty much anywhere I would vape.

It's no Flowerpot, but it's not bad through water.

Only two minor nitpicks I can think of is the stand should have been built in just to smooth out the lines. It works too well as a desktop, especially with pass-through charging to not just have the stand integrated. The PIU stand works fine though. And a simple "scoop" tool would have sufficed, the loading tool seems a bit over-engineered but maybe I need to fiddle with it a bit more. I just use a tiny spoon and it works great.

I agree that the exterior shell could be built more durable, but I've had a Volcano so long the S&B plastic seems familiar to me.

There's certainly newer vaporizers which heat up faster, but by the time you get a nug ground and loaded I just don't see it really mattering.

I see why people get bored of talking about this vape, it's good enough to satisfy 90% of vaporists.
absolutely I didnt know about the volcano back then and SB history with it I was just a noobie in the vape game, got flowermates back then :D The time I first hit that mighty man that was some experience. the price is justified and its still the best 5years going strong :borg:
Costumer service is the best too. I really like the care they are providing.
The portability is amazing so as the battery life :) Even through it died on me few times.
I like to use caps and preload them. the stand would be good if integrated, I saw some sliding X shape one, that would not make the unit bulkier and it would be always available if integrated. It was really hurting when the mighty fell of from my desk.
Do you think there are any new vapes on level with mighty?

Say what? 3d printing metals is in its infancy and not a true reality for projects of this size, it's just not cost effective.

As for the case.... If it's flexible enough to pull over the Mighty, it'll be too flexible to stay on well IMO. It would need to be a two part shell that snapped together.

And that's without getting into the cooling issues, the Mighty was made out of plastic for a reason, heat dissipation.

I like the idea, just not sure this one is the answer
That would be very pricy piece of equipment if made from titanium, but hemp plastic would be just as good if not better when used with natural binder. I dont worry about if it would stay on, what concers me if the protection would be worth it, and the heat dissipation, maybe silicone would be better? I dont know until I see test of it.
I already PM-ed VCbud to take look into and to try it and make his critical vid about it if he wants.:D

vapviking

Old & In the Way
you are rude for no apparent reason mate, did you had a bad day?
I was having a fine day. Let me try to explain, since you ask.
I think I mis-interpreted your post wherein you said, "you can click on it on the site it will provide you 360 look and compared it to the mighty I don't think it will block airflow from mighty." I thought you meant there would be a picture of the Mighty in comparison to the sleeve. Your language was ambiguous, led to confusion. Your 'explanation' led me to the same link as before, with no pic, a second time, so I was a little frustrated.
Then, you mused about having Mighty case printed in 3D, titanium, and I asked whether it was even possible to print in Ti. Your reply was a brusque and rhetorical, "cmon man, how do you think the wpa adapters were made?". Your implication was that "the wpa's" were 3D printed titanium, which I found absurd. It seems others here have read your post the same way I did. This is why I answered, "Idk how the fuck the wpa adapters were made; I don't know what adapters you're talking about..."

Finally, I find the question you ask, "you are rude for no apparent reason mate, did you had a bad day?" to be passive-aggressive. Reading it made me uncomfortable, so I offer an explanation.

I'm more than ready to drop this, and I'll ask you, please let's simply drop this. I fully believe there is some sort of language/communication misunderstanding at the root.

Top Bottom