The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow, I've been undervaping.

I start at 185C, and finish at 195C. But this morning I raised the temp to 200C, and took a long hit. Tons of vapor. I got half a dozen hits.

Now I'm curious what temp others stop at.
IMG_1444.jpg
I think it can depend on strain, then desired flavor and effect. Maybe time of day? Ha!
Without water my usual will be same as you, the 180-195 range, though I prefer thru water at 205-210. But I don't step up, just set it and forget it! Unless started low, then I will boost it after a few flavor hits.
I think my tolerance leans toward the 'higher' side. And I combusted tobacco for many years, I may still have calluses on my lungs so I like somewhat higher temps!
I have not made much serious study of it, but there's a fair amount of information out re: things released at certain temps. So it's not surprising that you'd notice a qualitative difference.

sanfranciscosadhu

I start a lot lower these days, at around 160 C, as I want to get at least a couple of flavor hits with little visible vapor. For this reason I use the dosing caps that I don't drop into the device until it reached the desired temperature. This way the herb is not slowly roasting, while heating up. So much talk about terpenes and their benefits, yet few people actually enjoy them. I end around 180 C

Gregg K

Vape my day!
Interesting replies. I didn't expect the cooler temps. Now I have to try the dosing capsules. The reviews are all good from what I'm seeing here.

Strain has to be a huge part of this. That adds to the complexity of this.

My tolerance has changed immensely in the three years I have been back with cannabis. I'll never forget the first day. After a 12 year hiatus, I went to the dispensary, came home, had half a bong hit, and was on the floor for an hour. Haha. Now, I can put a half gram in the bowl; harf if down like nothing, and not even feel high.

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't played around with cooler temps because I like a thick smoke that grabs the lungs. Hard to get that below 185C from what I've experienced. I don't get that high with the vape. I'm going to play around with the lower temps to enjoy the flavors. I tried the bong the other day (coughed my lungs out) and did not like results. I still love this vape.

Last edited:

ktmstick

Interesting replies. I didn't expect the cooler temps. Now I have to try the dosing capsules. The reviews are all good from what I'm seeing here.

Strain has to be a huge part of this. That adds to the complexity of this.

My tolerance has changed immensely in the three years I have been back with cannabis. I'll never forget the first day. After a 12 year hiatus, I went to the dispensary, came home, had half a bong hit, and was on the floor for an hour. Haha. Now, I can put a half gram in the bowl; harf if down like nothing, and not even feel high.

Thanks for the ideas. I haven't played around with cooler temps because I like a thick smoke that grabs the lungs. Hard to get that below 185C from what I've experienced. I don't get that high with the vape. I'm going to play around with the lower temps to enjoy the flavors. I tried the bong the other day (coughed my lungs out) and did not like results. I still love this vape.

Try 185 and draw as slowly as you can and you'll be amazed at how much clouds you can produce.

Gregg K

Vape my day!
Try 185 and draw as slowly as you can and you'll be amazed at how much clouds you can produce.

Funny you'd mention it. I've been experimenting with taking a dozen tiny hits by just stopping the airflow wiith the tongue, and found a big increase in vapor.

Wow. That's deadly. Thanks for the tip.

darbarikanada

I think it's possible that both methods you describe, because they slow down the inhalation, allow the weed to cook in the chamber longer, which increases the density of the vapor. another way of doing this is to wait about 30 sec. after it reaches temperature before vaping - I don't always have the presence of mind or patience to do it, but it seems to make a noticeable difference.

(there's a lot about what's going on in the bowl in the 'vaporization temperature selection of effects' thread)

darbarikanada,
Reactions: Receptor

Gregg K

Vape my day!
It also depends on where in the session you are. I like the early hits after the first invisible one. And I like to exhale and draw in as big a hit as I can when the session is close to the end, at around 195C. I get flavor on the high temp that's nearly the same as the early hits. It does depend on the strain, and curing.

Gregg K,

Vaporcussion

Exciting news!

The glass mouthpiece arrived from Asia, after 3 weeks. It cost $9 flat fee, no tax or shipping charge. I've used it for two days now, and just went back to the S&B mouthpiece to compare.

First thoughts- the glass oval is larger, the S&B almost looks flat by comparison. The larger cavity gives an even more open draw, and now your lips get the luxury of touching glass. I didn't think it was possible to enjoy the Mighty any more, but this has definitely upped the anty! A glassy finish to the Mighty vapor.

Now since the glass mp doesn't "snap" into place like the S&B, it comes with a little (silicone?) sleeve to seal the fit. i read about problems with the seal, but happy to report it's tight and working fine. Curious what the sleeve is made out of, and if it's safe/heat resistant over time. Would love for the experts to chime in on that.

One other difference is when you retract the glass mp you have to turn slowly, and not lift the mp out of the CU (since it's not snapped into place) Also, your lips adjust to the slightly more open oval shape. Going back the S&B mp, it felt like it had been stepped on and squished, lol

Once it's in, if you try to lift it out, the sleeve stays in place; only the glass itself lifts in/out. You'd have to open the CU to get at the silicon sleeve.... no big deal....

Ok, so the taste...

Holy shit; it's even better, and it's not psychological. Imagine a pitcher full of water, one poured into a (well made) plastic cup and one into a glass cup.

Every Mighty owner should have this! S&B could sell these for $20

I would love for some people to try it, and comment. I just went back to the S&B mouthpiece and didn't enjoy it as much, wow

Here are some pics

v6l1necm.jpg
6Zv81fim.jpg
rW6jpFam.jpg
GTXbjB6m.jpg
h
0A5p55Rm.jpg
t
x02ITvdm.jpg
tp://i.imgur.com/0A5p55Rm.jpg
Pdd4g6om.jpg
OjH7hEym.jpg

Apparently, $9 was a great price, I see $21 other places http://www.vapingfans.com/glass-mouthpiece-for-mighty-crafty-vaporizer.html

Last edited:

biohacker

I just don't understand how replacing that small tiny plastic mouthpiece with a glass one will somehow change the taste for the better? I mean, it has to go through the big plastic cooling unit first. I can see how it would feel different, but taste?

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
I just don't understand how replacing that small tiny plastic mouthpiece with a glass one will somehow change the taste for the better? I mean, it has to go through the big plastic cooling unit first. I can see how it would feel different, but taste?
Because you hold it in your mouse. You lick plastic, so anything coming through it will have that additional taste. Vapor doesn't changes, but your perception does. You taste two things actually, both vapor and mouthpiece.

Chandler

You taste two things actually, both vapor and mouthpiece.
Hmm. Interesting observation. I've never considered this. If theres any truth to this than suffice to say, My Mighty mouth piece tastes great!

Overall vapor quality is tastier than my AAir with Mighty/Crafty. Although those first few initial draws are very comparable. But glass vs plastic, the mighty plastic wins vs Air glass.

Vaporcussion

I just don't understand how replacing that small tiny plastic mouthpiece with a glass one will somehow change the taste for the better?

I agree with you, wasn't expecting it either. Not sure why. That larger cavity just feels better, more wide open at the exit.

I can't taste my mouthpiece whatsoever.

Me either. I'm baffled by S&B in general. Metal chamber, plastic housing, and I don't taste metal or plastic! If that's not enough, they introduce capsules, adding even more metal to the path, and it still doesn't come off as such. How do they do it?
My S&B mp never tasted like plastic, it doesn't taste at all. However, coming back to it, it now feels too flat, squished!

the mighty plastic wins vs Air glass.

Agreed, but it's also THE HIT of the Mighty in general. So satisfying. more than my Arizers
Would love for you and others to compare with the glass mp

I tried it both to satisfy my VAS, and also because it was only $9 : )

In addition to the mp "tasting" better, and a more open path, I can swear the vapor tastes a little cooler and tastier as well. The one review I read mentioned the same thing...

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

yall blessed! at $375 thats cheaper than a crafty!! i'll send you some cash, buy me a second one too??!

Any Canadians ever order items directly from S&B America?? most vape shops i've been checking out either over price accessories or sell some of what i want but not everything, or are out of stock of dosing capsules... i want: a magazine, cooling unit set, screen set, car charger, dosing caps x2, capsule caddy, and brush set. (8 items) = $123USD = approx. $170CAD with free shipping.

one cooling unit set and a car charger from BC Vapor = $140CAD :disgust: the disparity in pricing is skewed!

I'd rather wait the extra days and pay the conversion for better value and get my products directly from the supplier... what i'm scared of is duties. will i be charged duties when coming through customs?? i'd like to ask them that question directly, but in classic S&B fashion, there's no way to communicate with them on the site... there is a button that says 'contact us' in the support section, but of course nothing occurs when you click it... thoughts??

oh yea, almost forgot... How comes no one talks about the capsule caddy? everyone loves the magazine but capsule caddy gets no honorable mentions. 4 capsules on the key chain. odor proof, water proof. no brainer and a must have IMO! might get 2
I think you might get charged with Customs, however I'm not 100% sure. I purchased mine directly from Toronto Vaporizers. Spent like $500 Canadian on it, however it's probably the best $500 I ever spent.

I've had a Mighty for a bit over a year now and over time the draw resistance seems to have increased quite a bit. Replacing the screen at the bottom of the filling chamber helped, but even with a brand new cooling unit the draw resistance is definitely higher than it was when I first got it. Has anyone else had this problem?

KindaLikeMe,
Reactions: shredder

Chandler

I think you might get charged with Customs, however I'm not 100% sure.
we'll see. ultimately i think even if i am charged duties on my purchase, the overall price will still be cheaper than having purchased from a canadian vendor. literally, cooling unit set, car charger and 2 magazines = more than 200 CAD locally, my actual purchase which also included many more items came to about 180 CAD. my package says cleared from customs, hopefully it arrives tomorrow!

Find a cannibis clinic near you and they will get you signed up.
just discovered a clinic exists here in my City! going to try and set up a consultation

Has anyone else had this problem?
anytime i had a similar issue, i soaked and washed my CU, and everything was like new again. perhaps its time for an RMA?

bellas

I own a couple of the glass mouthpieces.
@biohacker if you want one I'll send you one.
As a heavy user I found that the glass slides up the sleeve. Like it wants to pop out which becomes a pain in the ass to keep fixing. The mouthpiece just doesn't fit tight. I thought after it got some "mighty juice" on it, things would get better. But, alas, they did not.
Probably works better on lower temps. I tend to bump up to 410 to finish a session. I also tend to do 2-3 sessions in a row.......I run my mighty hot!

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
You can seriously taste the plastic mouthpiece?? I guess it's just something I have to see (taste) to believe. I can't taste my mouthpiece whatsoever.
You can perceive it though you do not taste. Blind testing may help to separate perception from real feeling.
Pay attention to more factors:
1. You feel plastic by its texture / density / warmth / etc. and this changes your perception too.
2. MPs have different vapor path geometries, say opening sizes and shapes. This changes a taste distributing vapor differently over the tongue taste-responsible areas.

Last edited:

Bomb33

This forum kicks ass. Glass mouth piece on order lol. 9$ can't go wrong. I'll chime in on this when I try it out. About the resistance maybe could it be your herb. Moisture % or how much your packing? Little is a lot. Or a couple posts back some one was saying the cu screen if it's not sitting right or is not flat. Just throwing my stoner ideas out here. Don't rma until someone who knows something pipes up.

Itsharv

After a ton of research and quite a bit of wasted money on other products, I have a mighty on the way. There is a ton of information on here on using it with flower but not much on using the mighty with concentrates as far as what Temps you guys are vaping them at and just other tips and tricks you could share? Also would like to get a bubbler to use with the mighty does anyone know of any silicon or unbreakable one that may work good? I do a lot of camping backpacking 4 wheeling or anything else outdoors and would want something I wouldn't have to worry about being delicate. Thanks

shredder

After a ton of research and quite a bit of wasted money on other products, I have a mighty on the way. There is a ton of information on here on using it with flower but not much on using the mighty with concentrates as far as what Temps you guys are vaping them at and just other tips and tricks you could share? Also would like to get a bubbler to use with the mighty does anyone know of any silicon or unbreakable one that may work good? I do a lot of camping backpacking 4 wheeling or anything else outdoors and would want something I wouldn't have to worry about being delicate. Thanks

Welcome to mightydom. You'll like it here.

I personally would not take a water tool camping . The mighty alone does very well. Although the capsules would rock for convenience while camping. I have flashbacks of drinking bong water while camping, that no doubt affect my judgement tho.

And speaking of caps, I've become a reluctant fan. They're just so convenient.

Maybe it helps with caps, idk but we like low temp vaping. I normally start at 330°F. Where I finish depends but generally under 375°F.

Again for me personally, I spent a lot of time, effort and treasure growing the best organic, terpine filled weed that I can. So naturally I want to savor every last wisp of goodness. But once it goes hot or becomes tasteless, I'm outta there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom