The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

jdent3

@Dramma Lamma mine doesn't make the sound when turned off, only for a minute or so, after that its completely quiet.

Do other users also hear this electric sound when you hold your mighty against your ear? Or is it completely silent??

Yes mine has done it since I got it and I've never dropped it.

jdent3,

Mr. Me2

I was nearly going to leave Mighty home when wife and I go away for a week vacation, instead taking two new Grasshoppers and a Pax2 (in case a session opportunity presented itself). Then, yesterday one of the Hoppers went to lights of death and that's all she wrote. How would it feel if Hopper #2 died, leaving us with a Pax2, knowing Mighty was laying idle?

My plans about bringing Mighty have changed and my appreciation for this steady workhorse has been renewed.
That will be a nice triptych for your vacation. And the perfect tool for every occasion.

Mr. Me2,

MyCollie

I've been using my Mighty for a little while now. So far, I like it a lot. It is a great alternative if I don't want to break out the Volcano. Also, I've only been using the dosing capsules and the chamber is very clean. I'll probably try it without the DC soon.... I'm getting some draw resistance with them but the hits are just fine.

MyCollie

Anyone have issues with the Mighty giving off odors several hours after vaping? I've been using mine for a little while now but only with the DC so far. A relative was at my home and remarked that something smelled "skunky.... I catch it every now and then" I asked her into my home office and opened a filing cabinet where I store everything (everything is in jars, c-vaults), etc. I've got about 3 Ozium gel canisters in each drawer.

Anyway, the odor wasn't coming from the filing cabinet. The Mighty was off to the side... I held it up and there was the smell that she noticed. I hadn't used it in about 12 hours. There was also a used DC on my desk which I didn't notice until later. Would a Mighty with a DC in it and a used DC filled with ABV release that much odor?

I'm somewhat worried about this. I'm a medical patient (cancer) and I just don't need my place smelling of the green (vaped or not-yet-vaped).

MyCollie,

Mr. Me2

Anyone have issues with the Mighty giving off odors several hours after vaping? I've been using mine for a little while now but only with the DC so far. A relative was at my home and remarked that something smelled "skunky.... I catch it every now and then" I asked her into my home office and opened a filing cabinet where I store everything (everything is in jars, c-vaults), etc. I've got about 3 Ozium gel canisters in each drawer.

Anyway, the odor wasn't coming from the filing cabinet. The Mighty was off to the side... I held it up and there was the smell that she noticed. I hadn't used it in about 12 hours. There was also a used DC on my desk which I didn't notice until later. Would a Mighty with a DC in it and a used DC filled with ABV release that much odor?

I'm somewhat worried about this. I'm a medical patient (cancer) and I just don't need my place smelling of the green (vaped or not-yet-vaped).
I think either could have some amount of smell. A simple solution is to keep your Mighty in a smell proof case.

I keep my Crafty in a small RYOT Pack Ratz case, which fits like a glove, is smell proof, and fairly inexpensive. Now, I don't have a great sense of smell, but I never smell it, and nobody's ever complained.

MonkeyTime

In addition to the good advice @Mr. Me2 threw at you, I've found getting the DC's out of the unit and emptied helps as well as keeping the cleaning unit clean.

I will say that mine never smells "skunky", but more of abv, which most non-vapers don't recognize.

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

MyCollie

In addition to the good advice @Mr. Me2 threw at you, I've found getting the DC's out of the unit and emptied helps as well as keeping the cleaning unit clean.

I will say that mine never smells "skunky", but more of abv, which most non-vapers don't recognize.

Thanks guys. I've ordered a sealed case which should work quite well. I think I'll start dumping the used DC's into another jar right away. I'm leaning towards a medium/large Pelican case now too... I could easily keep most related materials in it.

stonedbob

100% THC
I'm assuming you made your own filling tool? It seemed like the original one was perfect, what led you to work on this one?
So I made somthing that you cant get without 3d printer, and it very good!
rsz_a6cfa874_89bc_44af_bbdb_0e7fa711e354.jpg

And with the mighty:
rsz_c838a382_224d_4a67_929a_c5d149618c6d.jpg

This thing is great!
(http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1529839)

Last edited:

cloudsosmoke

Mine makes that noise too since the start, a strange quiet digital transmission. Although I did drop mine too when I first got it!

I was also browsing for cheap UK postage on the ceramic screens, and I found these..
$T2eC16JHJGoE9nuQeV2lBRJ7I)CMgw~~60_35.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-X-15mm-PI...486511?hash=item3381d3ffaf:g:XdoAAOxyQj9RJ7Ix

Also available in 12mm. Yes they are stainless steel not ceramic but interesting all the same.
Then I thought they look like the capsule lids, so it turns out if you flip a capsule lid upside down it works pretty good in the Mighty bowl.
You could also trim the edges a bit but some might prefer the idea of the stainless steel, or ceramic items.

Yes, some don't like the liquid pads effect on taste. So some use a normal screen, but this can lift with airflow or move about.
So you either add weight/bulk to it, or get a heavier screen.
Another bonus to this is that it might follow the load downwards, and keep a constant load on the material as it shrinks while being vaped.
And ceramic is said to have little to no effects on taste, along with glass and a few other materials.
I think with a good screen you might get away with removing the top screen, but I don't know if it's possible with these "round hole" type screens. You get a bit of material passing through the holes in the capsules sometimes so... who knows?
One reason people would remove it is to decrease draw resistance. Or just to eliminate pointless obstructions. I know S&B Volcano literature gives similar advice about removing a top screen if your using liquid pad all the time.
Or maybe they do it because the top screen falls apart with normal use, and they're fed up with it looking terrible haha!
Have fun when you get your new screens!

so i got some of those 15mm screens
- theyre quite thick and solid compared to regular screens

what ppl have been saying hadnt registerered
- it will only go (..less than) half way down ..doh

so i dropped it in halfway down
topped it with a small scoop of herb
then covered with pacman screen
closed mighty and had a very nice vape
i thought the taste was possibly slightly better
more clean and airy (?) somehow

so im happy with my 2.99 spend

stonedbob

100% THC
My local library chargest $0.20 a gram for 3D printed objects. How much does this weigh? Also, do I need a Flashforge Finder printer, or will any 3D printer suffice if it is big enough?
This thing weights about 6 grams only, which means it will cost you only 1.2$ (approx').
any 3d printer can print it, and it will take you about 1 hour to print. the printing time should be calculated by the speed of the printer, the nozzle diameter and alot of individual properties of the 3d printer... but 1 hour its a good approximate i think.

Last edited:
stonedbob,

Michel

just received a new mighty a week ago rma unit and the sticker on the back no longer scratches, just in case anyone was interested.

Which serial do you have? I want to make sure to get one of the latest units from my LHS if possible... Finally want a scratch-proof sticker again! Everybody else with the new sticker might jump in. Thx in advance!

Michel,

pallfy

I have a brilliant Idea for a hack for my mighty vaporizer, it probably could work for other vapes too.

If I freeze some ground up bud, store it in the cooling unit of my mighty, that could be a easy hack to cool down vapes as they pass by on its way to you.

Just think of the possibilities. The air vape is cooled down at least a little. The bud will warm and dry out, and eventually be vaped in the process, which is fine. And you place a new frozen bud as you wish to lower the vape temp.

I\m not sure how effective it will be in cooling the vapes, and I just wana run it by you guys in case I missed anything before I actually try it.

pallfy,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I see where you're going with it.

But I should point out that vapor condenses when exposed to cold surfaces. You're getting a cooler smoother hit, but you're also getting a weaker hit because more vapor is condensing before it hits your lips.

Sadly there is no quantitative testing to tell you exactly how much vapor is condensing, it could be minimal, or it could be major.

It's fine to do, but just keep that in mind.

(Theoretically, I'd assume the chilled ground up bud would absorb some of that condensed vapor, but it would also horribly stick to the cooling unit over time and just make a nasty mess)

Delta3DStudios,
Reactions: pallfy

Baron23

This reminds me of the old chamber pipes where you put some herb in the chamber in the air path and smoked your flower through it. End result was sticky, smelling, and full of combustion product stuff but it did get you wasted.

As Ratchett pointed out, the cold herb would indeed condense your vapor. Not good. But, at least the resulting herb infused with vapor will beat the crap out of the old chamber pipe stuff we used to make when smoking.

flyfishwino

Which serial do you have? I want to make sure to get one of the latest units from my LHS if possible... Finally want a scratch-proof sticker again! Everybody else with the new sticker might jump in. Thx in advance!
What's the significance of a scratch proof sticker?

flyfishwino,
Reactions: dusdat

Michel

What's the significance of a scratch proof sticker?

The fact it doesn't scratch anymore isn't enough? Looks shitty over time otherwise. Some might not care but personally I keep my things in good condition as long as possible.

Michel,
Hello guys.

As some have noticed, I'm new here. For those who have not noticed, I turn to introduce myself!
I am Hugo, Portugal and have 29 years! How are you? :)

So is this, the thread that created the section Medical Discussion indicated me to see here, to give me some tips for water filter! Given that it already has 329 pages, to get me the will to see it all! lol
If it is not asking a lot, I liked to help me in this regard.
I want something discreet, small (but without undermining the effectiveness) with good price / quality.
If I can direct, I am very grateful!

Big hug!

N1ghtWalker,
Top Bottom