The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

dusdat

A very clean CU doesn't catch as many plant particles like a slightly resin-coated could. Perhaps it will get better after a few more bowls?
I sure hope so. But why didn't I noticed this with the Crafty? Brand new too right?

Changed from the Crafty to the Mighty?

Maybe a tiny bit cooler, but an identical profile.
Which one is a tiny bit cooler?

dusdat,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I sure hope so. But why didn't I noticed this with the Crafty? Brand new too right?

Which one is a tiny bit cooler?
There's a chance that the Mighty c/u delivers slightly cooler vape because it is larger than Crafty's.
I personally don't notice much difference between what a Mighty delivers compared to a Crafty. I'm currently only using a Mighty, but I use it with either type of c/u and don't notice a difference in the vapor.

CRvapes

...hey guys have had my mighty since they first came out...have never had a problem with mine..(think I've dropped it twice..once hard)...and I've turned 5 of my best amigos on to it...two who previously never vaped...everyone loves it..

after 2 drops. i agree the build quality is very good! but i just hope it doesnt repeat again..

no one wants to drop this $400 device

turk

turk
...like a lot of things...my hands aren't what they used to be...lol...dropped it in a metal stairwell...it even bounced...that was over 6 months ago...no change in performance...

turk,

shaolinmilk

So the rattling... I found that nothing is actually rattling inside; it's more like... the Mighty is coming apart. I was shaking my Mighty and something was rattling... I couldn't figure it out until I inspected it further. The seam on the power button side lost its ability to hold the plastics together and is now splitting into two. If i squeeze the part so the plastic are closer to each other and shake the unit, it does not rattle. My Mighty is over a year old with well over 200 hours and this is one of the first signs of it wearing down. It's still working like a champ, however I'll have to send this in sometime in the near future.

MonkeyTime

Thanks! has the vapor quality changed at all for you??

Simple answer, no, it really hasn't changed. I do think it's a little bit cooler, but it's negligible.

So the rattling... I found that nothing is actually rattling inside; it's more like... the Mighty is coming apart. I was shaking my Mighty and something was rattling... I couldn't figure it out until I inspected it further. The seam on the power button side lost its ability to hold the plastics together and is now splitting into two. If i squeeze the part so the plastic are closer to each other and shake the unit, it does not rattle. My Mighty is over a year old with well over 200 hours and this is one of the first signs of it wearing down. It's still working like a champ, however I'll have to send this in sometime in the near future.

Shaolin, are you sure it's not just the power button failure? It's become fairly common for the Crafty, and I've heard of the identical issue with the Mighty. The button felt Squishy after it broke and you couldn't turn it on.

Just a thought.....

Last edited:
MonkeyTime,

verdampersweats

Some good reading here @shaolinmilk did you ever use the vapefeind adapter because its interesting if not and it still split or started too. I did think about a torqued wrap to insulate it and aid cold weather vaping ability put it would need to be elasticated to put inward presssure on the device and still keep the airflow intake free but i duno where you would find one. This would be an accessory someone would need to make but most folks will use rubber bands. Maybe i should just source some black rubbers bands.

And to @dusdat if you are mad wait until the end of the warranty and said it broke, But say it was an EU one or ask for an EU one or sell it someone here said they take your word for it? I wanted the slip on EU one for my UK adapter but 20 euro is more than the actual adapter? Im sure you are right in saying its just the plastic that swaps on the front does it work this way where you interchange for UK and EU with the same internal plug electronics?

And again do not drop this device, And use caps to keep your bowls clean and maybe keep it plugged in with kief in the bowls. This is surely the best method to conserve this device because plain old bud has less THC an requires more time and thus lifespan compared to a little capsule of kief. If you need to stop do it and emtpy out the hot capsule onto something thisis why i have my caps with screens in each end.

Oh and that power button too, Someone said during a session stop hitting it and isntead use the front buttons to keep it active? Have we as of yet had anyone here with those fail because again the powrr button has been mentioned here ive seen this a few times like the others.

So yea tight draws folks! <3

verdampersweats,

dusdat

@rodders83 yea exactly that cheap plastic that for sure costs no more than $2
I'm kinda amazed by the customer rep at S&B telling me that it isn't their fault and not their problem. Only thing I got was a link to the store for the whole adapter.

Why do I have to wait till the end of the warranty period though?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
i received my mighty yesterday (exchanged my crafty couple weeks ago because I had to charge all the time).

it came with an uk plug, and they want to charge me €20 now for a new one (and we're talking about just a little cheap plastic piece eu adapter that can be slided on the sockwallet adapter).

I contacted Amazon and S&B and they both basically say idc.
Amazon offered to return it again (prob will do that too, have to think on it)

btw I previously ordered 3 different vaporizers from the uk, and they always came with a eu adapter/plug

One thing that I noticed about the Mighty though: is it just me, or is the taste harsher than on the Crafty?
Specially on the end where the taste of my Mighty isn't that far away from the harsh taste from my Air.
I remember the Crafty had better smoother taste, even on the end of the bowl/session.
Or am I remembering this wrong?
Did you purchase from an authorized retailer? I did not know that there were any of those on Amazon. Could this be the reason S&B won't send an adapter for free? Little things like this have typically been very well supported by S&B.

vapviking,

dusdat

@vapviking there are a lot of vaporizers on amazon. I used a prime seller (vipertech)

Big advantage for me buying through amazon is you have the possibility to return the product if you don't like it within the first 30 days (don't matter used or not), just like I did with the Crafty (the chamber was even little bit scratched already).

my contact with the s&b rep was terrible thus so far, he basically said that I should stop bothering him

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@vapviking there are a lot of vaporizers on amazon. I used a prime seller (vipertech)

Big advantage for me buying through amazon is you have the possibility to return the product if you don't like it within the first 30 days (don't matter used or not), just like I did with the Crafty (the chamber was even little bit scratched already).

my contact with the s&b rep was terrible thus so far, he basically said that I should stop bothering him
Is vipertech an authorized S&B retailer? If not, this may be the reason S&B does not want to support the sale by sending you the missing part for free.

stonedbob

100% THC
.....well it's Not my only device..lol...but it is my favorite travel portable (along with the crafty)...las vegas, boston, new york, san diego, l.a. its been with me everywhere...
You makes me want to go with the mighty to weekend trip...

stonedbob,
Reactions: turk

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Is vipertech an authorized S&B retailer? If not, this may be the reason S&B does not want to support the sale by sending you the missing part for free.
S&B isn't like pax labs...if your Mighty is legit, it's covered under warranty, no matter where you got it! They even warrantied a crafty I purchased from Craigslist.

@shaolinmilk send it in asap!

The housing is known to split over time and it's better to send it in BEFORE it splits further and possibly triggering a charge ...plus if you send it in later the batteries could degrade to the point they will try to charge you for battery replacement.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
S&B isn't like pax labs...if your Mighty is legit, it's covered under warranty, no matter where you got it! They even warrantied a crafty I purchased from Craigslist.

Yes, we've seen them warranty-cover a lot of different situations.
The story @dusdat tells is that he purchased a new Mighty from an Amazon seller. The adapter plug supplied is for UK, not EU which is apparently what he needs. S&B will not ship the single part to him for free.
I ask whether he has purchased from an authorized retailer/distributor since I think that may be the reason S&B won't do it. It sounds a little pricey to have to buy a whole charge adapter.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yes, we've seen them warranty-cover a lot of different situations.
The story @dusdat tells is that he purchased a new Mighty from an Amazon seller. The adapter plug supplied is for UK, not EU which is apparently what he needs. S&B will not ship the single part to him for free.
I ask whether he has purchased from an authorized retailer/distributor since I think that may be the reason S&B won't do it. It sounds a little pricey to have to buy a whole charge adapter.
Got it...that shit got confusing quick...lol

He can probably tell them his charger doesn't work and get a new one and just make sure to get the one for the correct region?

WakeAndVape,

Reggie Watts

For the gamers out there - I found that my Nintendo 3DS case is a perfect fit for the Mighty. Both devices are about the same size, and my case has a hard shell and a pocket for the cleaning brush.

Eatrocks

For the gamers out there - I found that my Nintendo 3DS case is a perfect fit for the Mighty. Both devices are about the same size, and my case has a hard shell and a pocket for the cleaning brush.

Ye thanks I'll look into that...I recently found some lil soft pouch from an electric razor or something that fits the mighty great but looks like shit.

Eatrocks,

dusdat

Got it...that shit got confusing quick...lol

He can probably tell them his charger doesn't work and get a new one and just make sure to get the one for the correct region?

I was thinking the same, I've submitted an RMA request already this morning ;)
Told them this one doesn't work, and that I want a eu one

Top Bottom