The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

aohaeg

This is speculation and rumour and is probably clogging up this thread. A similar post happened in the Crafty thread a while back, and it just said a new improved Crafty was around the corner with swappable batteries, which never materialized. Don't believe it until you see it!
I hope it is true because I am traveling to German and Amsterdam 20 January and i was planing to bay a new mighty

aohaeg,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I hope it is true because I am traveling to German and Amsterdam 20 January and i was planing to bay a new mighty
If you heard this information SOLELY from a S&B rep over the phone, I can tell you with well thought out certainty that this WILL NOT be the case. Now if you know a higher up at S&B who gave you this info, it would seem more believable, but if that were the case and you personally knew someone over there, you would probably already have a mighty.

If they said a new and improved mighty, that is the same model...you can just buy one now and when it breaks, just get the upgrade.

If it's a completly different vape, I might consider waiting or I would just buy something new in the meantime.

WakeAndVape,

aohaeg

If you heard this information SOLELY from a S&B rep over the phone, I can tell you with well thought out certainty that this WILL NOT be the case. Now if you know a higher up at S&B who gave you this info, it would seem more believable, but if that were the case and you personally knew someone over there, you would probably already have a mighty.

If they said a new and improved mighty, that is the same model...you can just buy one now and when it breaks, just get the upgrade.

If it's a completly different vape, I might consider waiting or I would just buy something new in the meantime.
U r write

aohaeg,

verdampersweats

What is this sorcery i just bought one and i am already feeling regret thanks to Aohaeg hehe. I have to email S&B and ask because mine should be here within 5 working days. I would be beyond mad if another revision came in Jan and i missed that.

verdampersweats,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
What is this sorcery i just bought one and i am already feeling regret thanks to Aohaeg hehe. I have to email S&B and ask because mine should be here within 5 working days. I would be beyond mad if another revision came in Jan and i missed that.
Why buy one this year then...If we wait a mere 10 years, they will have another portable that will kill anything we have now....

The point is, something better will always come out, I doubt that it will happen in January (though I could be wrong) either way, if they do just tell them your mighty 'broke' pay the difference and you can upgrade then, if it's just an upgraded mighty wait until the update lands widescale, break your fins and get the upgrades!

Holy shit, I would never have a moment of peace if I let what may or may not be around the corner affect my vas...I got shit to buy!

The only thing I AM holding off on is buying ANOTHER crafty (fucking pigs) in favor of a near future release of the zion, should that near future release be pushed back past an acceptable date. ..good ol storz can get that money too.

...what can I say, I got a problem!

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: skyvaper

biohacker

hmmmm, thinking that the battery bypass isn't what I thought....after many sessions plugged in, and unplugging it between uses, it looks like the battery has started to charge during my last sesh. It must use a tiny bit kind of like the older arizer solo's and PA's.

verdampersweats

Why buy one this year then...If we wait a mere 10 years, they will have another portable that will kill anything we have now....

The point is, something better will always come out, I doubt that it will happen in January (though I could be wrong) either way, if they do just tell them your mighty 'broke' pay the difference and you can upgrade then, if it's just an upgraded mighty wait until the update lands widescale, break your fins and get the upgrades!

Holy shit, I would never have a moment of peace if I let what may or may not be around the corner affect my vas...I got shit to buy!

The only thing I AM holding off on is buying ANOTHER crafty (fucking pigs) in favor of a near future release of the zion, should that near future release be pushed back past an acceptable date. ..good ol storz can get that money too.

...what can I say, I got a problem!

Ofc man, But mine aint arrived yet so it would be a bit extreme in that case if there was indeed a new one. I honestly dont think i could wait past January anyways i havent seen people since Jan 2015 because that is when i gave up combustion and now im a slave, And on a leash with a power cord around my neck.

I need this sucker in my life, Hence why i got a car charger and UK power plug. I will probably just get an EU power plug too for trips instead of a converter. Im like that i buy small scale quality shit instead of a collection. And whever i go i intend to keep this bad boy plugged in whenever possible. I even wanted a power bank but regarding my last email S&B have no plans for an offical Mighty battery pack which sort of sucks.

I would actually just change the batterys, Increase the max temp range by 10c up to 220c (Really dark AVB) and release a battery pack the same size as the actual mighty but with 3-4 lithium ion batterys in there? I would be very happy to see that in 2016.

verdampersweats,

Stinky

They won't tell you the truth regardless, one employee is always saying one thing while another will completely contradict that like we saw recently with the warranty reset disaster.

If there is a new model coming out they'd definitely want to clear their old stock first so would keep quiet about it.

Stinky,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
They won't tell you the truth regardless, one employee is always saying one thing while another will completely contradict that like we saw recently with the warranty reset disaster.

If there is a new model coming out they'd definitely want to clear their old stock first so would keep quiet about it.

And remember, if/when a new model is out (and we have no info...one guy who claims to have heard it from an employee is specious data at best), it'll be full price, no discounts anywhere for months. You're probably better off getting a new 2015 Mighty for the kinds of deep discounts available multiple places right now. If a new model came out tomorrow, I wouldn't be the least bit bummed that I recently purchased a second Mighty....I'm sure I'll find the 2.0 model late next year for a lot less money if I'm interested. And in the meantime....:):D:ko:

mitchgo61,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Ofc man, But mine aint arrived yet so it would be a bit extreme in that case if there was indeed a new one. I honestly dont think i could wait past January anyways i havent seen people since Jan 2015 because that is when i gave up combustion and now im a slave, And on a leash with a power cord around my neck.

I need this sucker in my life, Hence why i got a car charger and UK power plug. I will probably just get an EU power plug too for trips instead of a converter. Im like that i buy small scale quality shit instead of a collection. And whever i go i intend to keep this bad boy plugged in whenever possible. I even wanted a power bank but regarding my last email S&B have no plans for an offical Mighty battery pack which sort of sucks.

I would actually just change the batterys, Increase the max temp range by 10c up to 220c (Really dark AVB) and release a battery pack the same size as the actual mighty but with 3-4 lithium ion batterys in there? I would be very happy to see that in 2016.
The mighty should have native EU accessories being that their german?

When I used my might heavy I would only have to charge it once mid day and that would be enought (unless I have multiple multi-person sessions) if you did, I'd be impressed.

Issues aside it's a great portable. You won't regret it.

Where are there deep discounts on the mighty right now? Thanks.
Craigslist, personal Ads or puffitup up, you may have success with the first two options but you run the risk of getting a counterfeit...I would suggest visiting a local shop and familiarizing yourself with the look and feel of an authentic one first, but they can be hard to find.

There really are not deep discounts for them, they are quality shit.

On a side note, I remember when I first saw it in my LHS while taking a Seco d lustful look at the air.

I went back a week later and spent more than i wanted to at the time, happy i did...never looked back.

hmmmm, thinking that the battery bypass isn't what I thought....after many sessions plugged in, and unplugging it between uses, it looks like the battery has started to charge during my last sesh. It must use a tiny bit kind of like the older arizer solo's and PA's.
Correct, the might doesn't charge while heating...it also draws from the battery too, it is not 'true' passthrough. ..There was hella discussion on this in the past somewhere.

Last edited:

Thevengeance

So I got my deal mighty already, the good news is that it came with a Crafty top and glass adapter ready for the water pipe mod mentioned here in this thread (bonus).

The bad news is the vibration function appears to have broken during transit.

The seller had been super cool and offered refund / mediation for a repair but after thinking about it for a while, none of my other vapes have vibration, I vape covert in the dead of night and the vibration may actually be something that I wouldn't want. As there's no option to turn off I could consider this a stealth feature.

It could give the game up for me and as I read on here it is something that could break at any point anyway so I don't think I'll worry about it.

The dude said he'd help me sort it at any point in the future so I guess I'll just see if it's something I miss.

Mine is in the low twenty thousands so a fairly recent model, I guess just took a bit of beating during the transit.

As for performance, oh my goodness, it's better than anything I've ever tried, bar none. Thick vape, full extraction. Lovely.

A good vape actually makes its cost back pretty quickly in not wasting expensive weed.

Thevengeance,
Reactions: biohacker

biohacker

Randy at PuffItUp, for one. He almost always has some kind of discount or price match going on....give him a shout.

I don't think anyone can even come close to Randy's prices. However, I just purchased both a Mighty and Crafty from PIU and both appear to be older stock. Doesn't concern me, but for those that really want the latest most recent should just buy from S&B. This confuses me a little though because Randy was out of stock, and it was a fresh shipment. However perhaps he gets them from a distributor and not S&B direct?

As there's no option to turn off I could consider this a stealth feature.

Crafty vibration can be disabled from the app.

biohacker,
Reactions: mitchgo61

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Brand new Mighty....vibration already hit and miss! Oh well! This thing keeps impressing me more and more!

Seriously, as an old school one snap bong ripper, loading the bowl with .25g of top shelf, 210c, and using ratchett's SonG adapter, this is heaven on earth for me. Videos to follow! :rockon:

EDIT: For the MUZZMOD - what about JB Weld "high heat"?
I used the high hi heat jb weld and good flat bottom glass from OregonGlass blowers.
After over fifty great sessions full temp, the adhesive began to peel away and oil did begin to seep out.

I did like it, but I've gone to using a Crafty c/u and with Mighty on a little stand, a short length of 5/16" silicon tubing leads to the water piece. I use glass and/or @Ratchett 's SonG "almost universal" adapters. I don't find the difference in production that great, and really prefer not having to hold the Mighty onto a glass piece. Wife and I use a whip also, so we're more hookah style than bong rippers.

I'm good without adding adhesive so close to my process

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So I got my deal mighty already, the good news is that it came with a Crafty top and glass adapter ready for the water pipe mod mentioned here in this thread (bonus).

The bad news is the vibration function appears to have broken during transit.

The seller had been super cool and offered refund / mediation for a repair but after thinking about it for a while, none of my other vapes have vibration, I vape covert in the dead of night and the vibration may actually be something that I wouldn't want. As there's no option to turn off I could consider this a stealth feature.

It could give the game up for me and as I read on here it is something that could break at any point anyway so I don't think I'll worry about it.

The dude said he'd help me sort it at any point in the future so I guess I'll just see if it's something I miss.

Mine is in the low twenty thousands so a fairly recent model, I guess just took a bit of beating during the transit.

As for performance, oh my goodness, it's better than anything I've ever tried, bar none. Thick vape, full extraction. Lovely.

A good vape actually makes its cost back pretty quickly in not wasting expensive weed.
You should be okay as long as it's authentic.

Storz and bickel has one of the most headache free warranty process (aside from the battery charges). They don't require a reciept/proof of purchase and once you get a warranty replacement, the REPLACEMENT has a two year warranty from the date you got it.

The broken vibration thing isn't that big of a deal, but I will say that it does come in handy...you'll see once you get super ripped and you realize you keep hitting it with the unit off (happens) it's like a friendly reminder to hit it or pass it.

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: blabau

biohacker

I did like it, but I've gone to using a Crafty c/u and with Mighty on a little stand,

I've been using the Crafty CU with a SonG and it's been amazing! I like it much better for water bonging than the Mighty CU. Holy whitewall city! This thing milks like no other!

They don't require a reciept/proof of purchase and once you get a warranty replacement

Did you confirm this? I thought that was one thing that WAS required - proof of purchase/invoice from an authorized retailer?

the REPLACEMENT has a two year warranty from the date you got it.

The date you FIRST got the original Mighty? Or 2 years from the date they replaced it?

Mr. Me2

I've been using the Crafty CU with a SonG and it's been amazing! I like it much better for water bonging than the Mighty CU. Holy whitewall city! This thing milks like no other!

Did you confirm this? I thought that was one thing that WAS required - proof of purchase/invoice from an authorized retailer?

The date you FIRST got the original Mighty? Or 2 years from the date they replaced it?
I don't remember if it was the Mighty or Crafty thread this was discussed. There seems to be inconsistent info coming from S&B on this, but it seems that replacement units do NOT extend the warranty.

Top Bottom