The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Your guess is incorrect. I was told (approx. Aug '15) over the phone by a S&B America rep that my Crafty had exceeded the battery manufacturer's specified lifetime number of expected charge cycles. He said my Crafty had over 900 charge cycles on it, and the 'allowance' is (bad memory) 8XX. I've posted about this multiple times in Crafty and Mighty threads. (for the record, I don't believe that their count was correct). I paid for a "new battery".

Now @Stinky tells of an 80 hr device-use limit on the Crafty battery....are they trying a new tack?

I think S&B needs to give some degree of attention to battery life and wear, if only for their own data and in the interest of improving product. Additionally, how could they deal with a customer whose battery crapped out in the first week? "Sorry, we don't give a rat's ass!" That would surely not fly.

At the heart of the matter, I tend to agree with you, and endorse your right to rant on about the product and about your experience with it and the service. S&B, and others, need to get a better handle on the nexus between the tech and the user's money. Battery policy is a big weak area.

(For the record, I was not 'endorsing' a 'German company'. You chose to couch it that way to take a swipe at them. I was alluding to the general well established prowess of German engineers.)
It seems the PLENTY by S&B would be a better deal since you would not require batteries!

Chill Dude

I'm a bit scared to use my Mighty for concentrates as I fear the oil has a good chance to drip from the pad to the surrounding bowl or bottom screen.. Now, if I was fortunate enough to have a second Mighty like @mitchgo61, I could dedicate as oil only device, I would dive right in. I don't use concentrates all that much, but when I do I prefer my dab rig..

I'm finding the pad to work quite well on top of a smaller load. I don't medicate during the day that often, but for the times I do I like a lesser amount than my usual nighttime dose which is a full bowl of around .25g. I've found I can get large clouds and fairly quick extraction by loading about .1g and placing the pad on top. I'm liking the Mighty more everyday. In fact, I like it so much I havnt used any of my other vapes for over a week:clap:

AKFiRe

"Cannabis has NO medical value" F$*K YOU!!
I stopped using the liquid pad for concentrates for the same reason...it's also possible that you used too much. If it's so stuck, it's probably best to heat it back up and it should come out easily, but you may have a bit of a job to clean everything back up. I also noticed that the pad would scratch the sides of the bowl and the concentrate would stain those scratches.

Yeah I have not put any concentrates through my mighty (I almost caved to peer pressure) I did insert the pad until it was flush with the top of the bowl & panicked, & started prying it out. So I will stick with Dr. Dabber for concentrates.

AKFiRe,
In fact, I like it so much I havnt used any of my other vapes for over a week:clap:

Not even the herbalizer??? That says a lot as I am looking into the herbalizer for my next vape. Maybe I should just save that $580.00 after all :tup:

Modnote: Fixed quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound,
Reactions: Chill Dude

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Seriously it sounds funny to me to vaporizer out of your home?

Kind of like walking around with a Wine Glass in public?

You've never vaped out of your house?

Me, I have two choices. Vape out of the house....or never leave the house. (I admit it's a coin flip most days. :lol:)

Back on topic, the Mighty isn't the world's greatest "out of the house" vape due to its size and relative fragility. Another reason to stay home...:nod::p

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Lots of crazy shit going on out there, and some tiny bit of it just might be me. :tinfoil:

I used to be totally off-the-scale bonkers. I went about everywhere imaginable smoking cigarettes and buzzed on nicotine, and I didn't give a crap about that.

Since you seem honestly bemused, I'll tell you that I have a long history with cannabis, smoked it steadily for about 45 years, and converted to vaping two years ago. One learns a thing or two about discretion when getting arrested is a possibility. But, for sure, you can't get high and commune with nature from the couch!

My thinking is that it seems very confining, restricting use to home for catching a nice buzz.

Okay, back on topic. My Mighty is home driver and also for going out, like gonna be in the car for a while, at a friends or something. For quick pocket-ability, maybe just going for a walk in the woods, I'm just as inclined to fill the Pax2 and go.

uhranium

lol @atax turning the thread around

ax, I used my solo at least twice daily outside about 5-6 times a week for 2 years before changing to a mighty. with the mighty I kind of just take one puff before going out since it's enough somehow. I am still stoned after I vaped basically 0.01g + one almost non-existant reclaim q-tip 2 hours before.

uhranium,
Reactions: lapsda00

CL52613

Your guess is incorrect. I was told (approx. Aug '15) over the phone by a S&B America rep that my Crafty had exceeded the battery manufacturer's specified lifetime number of expected charge cycles. He said my Crafty had over 900 charge cycles on it, and the 'allowance' is (bad memory) 8XX. I've posted about this multiple times in Crafty and Mighty threads. (for the record, I don't believe that their count was correct). I paid for a "new battery".

Now @Stinky tells of an 80 hr device-use limit on the Crafty battery....are they trying a new tack?

I think S&B needs to give some degree of attention to battery life and wear, if only for their own data and in the interest of improving product. Additionally, how could they deal with a customer whose battery crapped out in the first week? "Sorry, we don't give a rat's ass!" That would surely not fly.

At the heart of the matter, I tend to agree with you, and endorse your right to rant on about the product and about your experience with it and the service. S&B, and others, need to get a better handle on the nexus between the tech and the user's money. Battery policy is a big weak area.

(For the record, I was not 'endorsing' a 'German company'. You chose to couch it that way to take a swipe at them. I was alluding to the general well established prowess of German engineers.)

Forgive me if you thought my comment about 'German company' was directed toward you, it was certainly not the case. As for your conversation with an employee at the repair center, he told you a crock of crap. Think about it, how long have you had your machine, if a year or less, 900 cycles would mean you have to charge your machine almost 3 times every day. I was told my batteries have over 500 hours of use, nothing about charge cycles or expected battery life. Of course he told you allowance was 8xx, so if your batteries had only 400 charge cycles would he have replaced them free of charge, no way. The repair center is a joke, call them, against for the employees name you talk with, he will only give you his first name, I know, I asked and was told the first name was all he would provide since S&B would know who I talked with. The repair center is a warehouse and not some high tech shop. They don't have any special equipment to diagnose problems, if it don't work they replace it, if it has some defect they replace it or just the outer shell. When you mention battery problem they just send you an invoice for the cost of new batteries, labor, and return shipping.

CL52613,

Chill Dude

My Mighty is home driver and also for going out, like gonna be in the car for a while, at a friends or something. For quick pocket-ability, maybe just going for a walk in the woods, I'm just as inclined to fill the Pax2 and go.

Ditto.. I use my Mighty at home and out and about. I also have a Pax 2, but seldom use it unless I need super stealth. The Pax 2 hits a little harsh IMO.. Of course, the Mighty is way bigger than the Pax, but I can still slide it in my pocket fairly easily as long as I'm not wearing my hipster skinny jeans :lol:

@MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound, The Herbalizer is defiantly a top notch vape and it hits really hard. However, I actually think the Mighty is less harsh than the Herbalizer through the 3 foot whip. I know, it doesn't seem possible due to the Mighty's sort vapor path.. I think the cooling unit plays a part in that. I also feel the extraction is faster with my Mighty. The Herbalizer is great if you want to hit the higher temperatures as it goes up to 445F. I like the Herbalizer and will never sell it, but right now I'm enjoying the best of both worlds with my Mighty...PORTABILITY + POWER!!

Stinky

In my humble, negatively biased opinion, S&B is full of BS when it comes to the batteries and their condition. The hole in wall repair center in Oakland, Ca; (check it out on Google maps); most likely just checks battery condition with a simple battery tester. Their information on my batteries was totally out of whack. And if I am to guess anyone that was told about their weak or bad batteries were told in supposed hours used not charging cycles. Why would S&B give a rat's behind about the battery or batteries life history? They are not covered under the warranty, if they were than they would have to publish the expected life of the battery. Sorry to rant but S&B being a German company is not the endorsement most lay people believe.
I should go into business shipping you guys Bickel and Storz portables from Australia with 2 year warranties that cover the batteries.

We may have the most dangerous wildlife in the world but at least we have solid consumer protection laws.

MinnBobber

@MoneyVapeTheWorldGoRound, The Herbalizer is defiantly a top notch vape and it hits really hard. However, I actually think the Mighty is less harsh than the Herbalizer through the 3 foot whip. I know, it doesn't seem possible due to the Mighty's sort vapor path.. I think the cooling unit plays a part in that. I also feel the extraction is faster with my Mighty. The Herbalizer is great if you want to hit the higher temperatures as it goes up to 445F.
The Mighty is certainly a great portable but when you mate the Herbie with something other than its whip, it's a whole 'nother animal.
Herbie with Hydratube and @Ratchett Song = tastey monster hits that are super smooth and super cool and super moist.
Of course, without a 110V backpack generator, its not very portable ;)

Herbie%20mV2%20HT.jpg

Just ordered a Ratchett Mighty Song that attaches to bottom portion of cooling unit which should be super interesting. You'll lose that great cooling from the cooling unit but get some hard hitting action....

Chill Dude

The Mighty is certainly a great portable but when you mate the Herbie with something other than its whip, it's a whole 'nother animal.
Herbie with Hydratube and @Ratchett Song = tastey monster hits that are super smooth and super cool and super moist.
Of course, without a 110V backpack generator, its not very portable ;)

Yeah, that's a sweet Herbie setup you have. The thing is, unlike others, I simply don't like glass and I never have. When I was smoking it was all about joints for me. I really never liked bongs either. I like my vapor direct without water. I don't like cleaning glass, glass is breakable, there's various adapters to clean and in my situation with kids In all, I need to be discrete and with glass it makes things more complicated. No doubt with your setup it hits like a beast though :tup:. That's why I tend to gravitate toward the hardest hitting vapes with the smoothest vapor when hit dry.. That in itself limits the possibilities, but the Mighty fits the bill for me :)

biohacker

You need to get out more! What about your joint toking surfing beach bum days? No different, instead of the joint - The Mighty! Did that with two mighty's and the girl last summer and it was AWESOME! :tup:

biohacker,
Reactions: ataxian

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
If somebody from another country buys a mighty from a Aus online retailer do they still get the battery replacement protection???

whatitdew,

strictly vapor

Hey guys, after much research I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the mighty. I know at some point ill have to get the unit fixed, and I'm wondering if there is any advantage to buying direct from Storz n Bickel vs buying from my local head shop. I'm also wondering if anyone knows the 2015 serial numbers. The one i looked at locally is my023xxx and I have a feeling its an original 2014 model. If it is an original model, should I avoid buying it? I apologize if this has been covered, I read this entire thread over the past year but due to a significant brain injury i am unable to recall every detail or spend much time online. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

strictly vapor,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Hey guys, after much research I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the mighty. I know at some point ill have to get the unit fixed, and I'm wondering if there is any advantage to buying direct from Storz n Bickel vs buying from my local head shop. I'm also wondering if anyone knows the 2015 serial numbers. The one i looked at locally is my023xxx and I have a feeling its an original 2014 model. If it is an original model, should I avoid buying it? I apologize if this has been covered, I read this entire thread over the past year but due to a significant brain injury i am unable to recall every detail or spend much time online. Any other advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

My newer Mighty has a very new-ish SN of 30xxx. My first Mighty has a 12xxx SN. I was told by SB that the 12xxx was indeed a 2015 model but "not the most recent". You can tell the newer ones by the slightly-reinforced fins around the bowl, and a two minute shut-off time vs. one minute (my 12xxx conforms to this version).

If 12xxx was early 2015, and 30xxx is late 2015, 23xxx sounds like a fairly recent version.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You need to get out more! What about your joint toking surfing beach bum days? No different, instead of the joint - The Mighty! Did that with two mighty's and the girl last summer and it was AWESOME! :tup:
I make fun really!
People become offended from my comments?
In Hawaii during the 70's we grew 5 acre's at least of seedless CANNABIS.
COLAS the size of your leg!
We laughed at people who smoked male plants.

Surfers didn't pay For joints?
We smoked maybe 6 or more joints a day and surf at least 8 hours a day!

Before BONG's or VAporizers!

The MIGTHY could have been fun?
The AUSTRALIAN'S out drank every nation on earth.
The SOUTH AFRICAN people were the only ones to keep up with the CALIFORNIAN' s
The HAWAIIAN surfer's were stronger than anyone back in the 60's or 70's!

30 grams in 3 days=normal no seeds + we surfed big waves all day!

2016 it will be Federally legal.

Too bad we did not have a MIGHTY?
If a Girl wasn't fit we would send her home.

Last edited:

AKFiRe

"Cannabis has NO medical value" F$*K YOU!!
I used my Air today, first time since receiving the mighty. Let's just say, it is not how I remembered it, a whopping 5 days ago!! I had to draw so hard for a medium cloud compared to the mighty. I just did not feel like I was extracting my medicine with the air, like the mighty does so effortlessly.

Top Bottom