The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

BioSector

Do you suggest swapping out for the fine screen for the Crafty too (if anyone knows or has an opinion)?

I did it on my Crafty as well as Mighty. Same reasoning, the fine screen just lets in less particles. I haven't had any issues with draw resistance with the finer screen.

luke00978

x0q1OFl.jpg

Last edited:

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Just noticed the unit I bought from Vapefiend isn't the newer model either, e even though they claimed it was. Kind of bummed out. I just hope my Mighty doesn't crap out on me. However, I would like to have the newer version as mine is showing signs of breaking on the locking mechanism.

Vapetrees,
Reactions: salivape

BioSector

Great to see the new design! Yes, anyone that has the old one will need to do the warranty service to get a new one but from all accounts, it sounds pretty painless. The new design seems like it will take care of all the places my Mighty is starting to come apart. That extra ridging where the cooling unit slides in especially.

Thanks for taking the pics!

Woo!

BioSector,
Reactions: Vapetrees

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Great to see the new design! Yes, anyone that has the old one will need to do the warranty service to get a new one but from all accounts, it sounds pretty painless. The new design seems like it will take care of all the places my Mighty is starting to come apart. That extra ridging where the cooling unit slides in especially.

Thanks for taking the pics!

Woo!

Don't mean to cause anyone any concerns, but I emailed S&B earlier before the pictures were up:
Dear S&B,

I recently purchased a Mighty on Friday, and it is serial number 0119xx. I had read that you guy's updated your units for 2015 with a newly designed top to prevent the plastic from cracking, and that was a few months ago. Is there any way I can verify the age of my unit? To see if I have the newly reinforced top fins or if I have a slightly older model?

I just got it Friday, so it is new. Don't know how long it was on shelf for though.

Thanks,
HWS

Their response was as follows:

There are several versions since they have been released since the Mighty has been produced. If you would like to send it to us we would be able to update to the most recent version. As of this date the housing is not an update that is available.

Sincerely,

Storz & Bickel America, Inc

So, if your battery is legit not shot, I wouldn't just send it in hoping for new housing just yet. Maybe wait a bit til they really start churning them out.

HellsWindStaff,

BioSector

Their response was as follows:

There are several versions since they have been released since the Mighty has been produced. If you would like to send it to us we would be able to update to the most recent version. As of this date the housing is not an update that is available.

So, if your battery is legit not shot, I wouldn't just send it in hoping for new housing just yet. Maybe wait a bit til they really start churning them out.

Good point. I am not sending my Mighty in until it stops working. Currently just cosmetic damage, but sooner or later enough of that plastic is going to break that the CU won't attach well. That's when I'll send mine in and by then I'm sure the new housing will be standard.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I got mine Friday...old casing. It may be newer casing then some of the oldest models, but the lock on mechanism isn't as thick as the new model posted that's for sure.

Do you just send them back in the OG box? without the CU? I see my bowl is not really dirty but I'd hate to ever have it cofiscated by USPS if I do need a replacement.

HellsWindStaff,

Stinky

I got mine Friday...old casing. It may be newer casing then some of the oldest models, but the lock on mechanism isn't as thick as the new model posted that's for sure.

Do you just send them back in the OG box? without the CU? I see my bowl is not really dirty but I'd hate to ever have it cofiscated by USPS if I do need a replacement.

Yep. Give it a good clean. Don't send the charger or accessories back. Just the heating unit. They will give you a new cooling unit as well.

Worrying about the unit getting confiscated is just something you will have to get used to. I personally hate that part of the process.

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Worrying about the unit getting confiscated is just something you will have to get used to. I personally hate that part of the process.
I've been here a long time and I've not yet heard a story where a dirty vape got confiscated from a member. Considering the number of vapes sent by all of us over the years, that's saying something.

Don't worry, be happy. ;)

:peace:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Yep. Give it a good clean. Don't send the charger or accessories back. Just the heating unit. They will give you a new cooling unit as well.

Sorry for twenty ?s, especially considering I'm not sending mine back anytime soon, but do you take the O-Ring off the heating unit before you send it? Just trying to garner as much info as I can so I can reference in the future.

HellsWindStaff,

wax

:party::cheers::brow::tup::rockon::love::drool::bowdown::luv::freak:

Ok my mighty and crafty are both going to warranty very soon for the last "free battery replacement"!

Sadly the unit still hasn't swappable batteries. Not that I really thought this would happen, but there was a little hope...
Cam you explain what you mean by last free battery replacement ?is s&b not offering anymore ?

wax,

BioSector

Cam you explain what you mean by last free battery replacement ?is s&b not offering anymore ?

Michel can correct if needed but I think he means he has sent his Mighty in for service and a bonus is the new one comes with new battery so it's like a free battery replacement.

Since he expects this last time will be the last time he needs to return it for the damages he's seeing… It will be his last free battery replacement.

S&B will do actual battery replacements as they always have (it's not free).

BioSector,
Reactions: Michel

wax

Michel can correct if needed but I think he means he has sent his Mighty in for service and a bonus is the new one comes with new battery so it's like a free battery replacement.

Since he expects this last time will be the last time he needs to return it for the damages he's seeing… It will be his last free battery replacement.

S&B will do actual battery replacements as they always have (it's not free).
So if I send mine in will I get the free battery ?

wax,

Stinky

Sorry for twenty ?s, especially considering I'm not sending mine back anytime soon, but do you take the O-Ring off the heating unit before you send it? Just trying to garner as much info as I can so I can reference in the future.

No dramas mate. You send the entire bottom of the unit in to be replaced. No need to remove the O-ring.

If the unit was sold in Australia then the battery is covered by the warranty unlike the U.S.

newly designed case - SN: above 16000
sTxJeKg.jpg
TneV37p.jpg

Is it just me or does that oven look smaller with a much fatter O-ring?

Last edited:

BioSector

Not what I meant. If your Mighty is broken right now and you send it in, they will very likely ship you a whole new unit and you will have a new battery. If you have no problems with your Mighty other than reduced battery charge from charging 300+ cycles and you want a new battery, they will charge you for it (or have the right to charge you.. whether they do or not all the time I have no idea). I think it was around $50-$75.

lapsda00

Is it just me or does that oven look smaller with a much fatter O-ring?

the chamber is the same as on my old crafty, i think they make changes in case only, cause everything else is working well without breaking.

lapsda00,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
So, maybe I don't have the newly redesigned Mighty but mine could be a 2015 model. I didn't realize that S&B just made these changes, and I don't think Vapefiend was lying about what they told me. I just thought that these newly redesigned units had been out before I bought mine.

Vapetrees,
Top Bottom