The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I got an email today to say my Mighty replacement will be delivered in two days, that's a 10 day turnaround including the bank holiday, not bad. Considering I ordered a MiniVap 2 days before I sent the Mighty to Germany, and I don't have the MiniVap yet, you can say S&B customer service is pretty speedy. Can't wait to be reunited with my love on Friday :love:
I'll send mine in soon too, I was actually waiting on your report on service to send mine

vaporderp

Sent back a mighty with the 'ERR004' error (approx unit no 6000), and the replacement unit with SN:010241 is immediately reporting the 'ERR004' error too. I find that it occurs when i'm pulling a really long draw and it's trying to heat the chamber. The replacement from EDIT took almost 2 weeks, kinda a bummer cause it's a really good vape!

The worst instance of this occuring was on the first unit where the power button became entirely unresponsive with the screen stuck on 'ERR004' for several mins.

Going to send this unit back again, any intel on this issue guys?

vaporderp,
Reactions: shredder

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
@WakeAndVape you're in the U.S. aren't you mate? I've definitely had good experiences with the European service. They respond to emails quickly and this has been a good turnaround. Interestingly they said I'll be getting a replacement, so we'll see if I get a brand new one. I only sent it back because the charger stopped working, the other stuff was the common minor problems the early units had which wasn't enough to warrant me being without my baby. It's been a tough 10 days.

tdriver

Sent back a mighty with the 'ERR004' error (approx unit no 6000), and the replacement unit with SN:010241 is immediately reporting the 'ERR004' error too. I find that it occurs when i'm pulling a really long draw and it's trying to heat the chamber. The replacement from EDIT took almost 2 weeks, kinda a bummer cause it's a really good vape!

The worst instance of this occuring was on the first unit where the power button became entirely unresponsive with the screen stuck on 'ERR004' for several mins.

Going to send this unit back again, any intel on this issue guys?

I got this too, but only when I'm on 3 bars or lower, and I hit it hard.
afaik, err004 is a "cold heater" when it should be hot. there is a better explanation a few pages back.

tdriver,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape you're in the U.S. aren't you mate? I've definitely had good experiences with the European service. They respond to emails quickly and this has been a good turnaround. Interestingly they said I'll be getting a replacement, so we'll see if I get a brand new one. I only sent it back because the charger stopped working, the other stuff was the common minor problems the early units had which wasn't enough to warrant me being without my baby. It's been a tough 10 days.
Yea, I am...mine is getting the err messages, broken fins, falling apart...my mighty has seen better days! But I think 10 days with the crafty as a fill in shouldn't be too bad

BioSector

Yea, I am...mine is getting the err messages, broken fins, falling apart...my mighty has seen better days! But I think 10 days with the crafty as a fill in shouldn't be too bad

I recently bought a Crafty for the same reason. When the time comes to send in the Mighty, I needed something decent as a backup. Could not go back to the g pro.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I recently bought a Crafty for the same reason. When the time comes to send in the Mighty, I needed something decent as a backup. Could not go back to the g pro.
The crafty is like a spare tire...good for short distances and emergencies, but smaller and weaker than the mighty...which goes the distance (except build quality apparently) but yea...fuck the g pro...for advanced users anyway...that's like going from a play station 4 to checkers

BioSector

The crafty is like a spare tire...good for short distances and emergencies, but smaller and weaker than the mighty...which goes the distance (except build quality apparently) but yea...fuck the g pro...for advanced users anyway...that's like going from a play station 4 to checkers

Hah.. That was my sub $100 "have vaporizers come far enough since I used that POS in '97" test unit. I bought the Mighty a few days later.

Funny comparison to the spare tire though I don't find my Mighty outperforms the Crafty that much. I did some unscientific tests with how many 12-15 second draws I could get at 185C and 199C between both devices using the same material. The Crafty was 5 good draws at 185 and 3 more at 199 before it tasted spent / low vapor exhales.. Mighty was maybe 1 extra draw at each temperature. Did this 4 times with each unit. The vape I reach for depends on what is closer. :D

All in all, both units perform great and knowing S&B will stand behind them and send replacements if anything goes wrong just reaffirms I made the right vape choices for my needs.

Stinky

I bought another Mighty to use while my unit is being returned. My retailer let me return the original for a refund after the replacement had arrived.

Stinky,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hah.. That was my sub $100 "have vaporizers come far enough since I used that POS in '97" test unit. I bought the Mighty a few days later.

Funny comparison to the spare tire though I don't find my Mighty outperforms the Crafty that much. I did some unscientific tests with how many 12-15 second draws I could get at 185C and 199C between both devices using the same material. The Crafty was 5 good draws at 185 and 3 more at 199 before it tasted spent / low vapor exhales.. Mighty was maybe 1 extra draw at each temperature. Did this 4 times with each unit. The vape I reach for depends on what is closer. :D

All in all, both units perform great and knowing S&B will stand behind them and send replacements if anything goes wrong just reaffirms I made the right vape choices for my needs.
The crafty does maintain heat level better, but the weak battery life kills the enjoyment of such a small portable...that's what keeps the pax2 in daily rotation, one charge a day takes me all the way

WakeAndVape,

MinnBobber

Hi Mighty owners.
I've really been wanting a Mighty as my next vape.
However, I really am m-i-g-h-t-y concerned about the reliability as some are on their 2nd, 3rd, fourth unit.
S & B service sounds like it's great but it's a pain in the butt to have to send in for warranty work.

It makes me think about waiting a while.....????
Firmware might be dialed in then plus maybe sturdier fins etc???

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hi Mighty owners.
I've really been wanting a Mighty as my next vape.
However, I really am m-i-g-h-t-y concerned about the reliability as some are on their 2nd, 3rd, fourth unit.
S & B service sounds like it's great but it's a pain in the butt to have to send in for warranty work.

It makes me think about waiting a while.....????
Firmware might be dialed in then plus maybe sturdier fins etc???
Why wait? I am about to send my mighty in for service, but don't regret my purchase one bit! And the life of your unit depends on your usage. So most people with issues (like me) use It heavily (correct me if I'm wrong; which I may be).
Plus S&B units do a good job with retaining their value incase a resale is in the future...
...so you CAN wait for a version of a vape that may never come out (and miss out) OR you can get and enjoy the vape of your dreams, with the confidence of knowing it's covered.
If a new version does come out...maybe you got err 004 and need to send it in...we won't tell if you dont!
...at leases that's what my VAS told ME! LOL :rofl::mental::love:

aj0125

Are s&b paying shipping on all these returns? Just curious for my inevitable returning of my unit.

aj0125,

Stinky

Are s&b paying shipping on all these returns? Just curious for my inevitable returning of my unit.

It depends whether you have a good retailer that handles all your returns and pays postage or not. S&B wanted me to send my units back to Germany at my expense each time. I contacted my retailer and they handled everything for me.

I could have bought my units cheaper elsewhere but it has been worth it in the end to pay a bit more and get looked after.

Stinky,

420engineer

I love my Volcano, so this isn't a "hater?" post, but between this and the Crafty thread, there seem to be a few too many returns, and not just that, but multiple, with some users on their 4th, 5th & 6th units, wtf? is this just a case of only hearing the bad news on the internet, or pretty reflective of quality?

I was looking to purchase one, but I'm not very, very cautious - is it that the design is a little complex, and prone to issues?

aj0125

No...they'll pay you with a new unit.

Didn't I already pay for that :)? Spending 400 on a unit then having to spend more money to ship it back right away does not seem right to me, they should cover shipping for at least part of the warranty. Thx for the info, my Mighty has a ton of little problems but not enough to send back yet, especially on my dime.

For U.S. Mighty returners, are they going to Oakland or Germany?

aj0125,

Alan Partridge

Smell my cheese
Didn't I already pay for that :)? Spending 400 on a unit then having to spend more money to ship it back right away does not seem right to me, they should cover shipping for at least part of the warranty. Thx for the info, my Mighty has a ton of little problems but not enough to send back yet, especially on my dime.

If my replacement is a brand new unit, all the extra accessories will more than cover the cost of my postage

Michel

They are going to Oakland of course.
If you ask they send you a shipping label for free shipping. You don't have to pay if you don't want to within your warranty time. If you don't want a new sealed unit with all included accessories and new batteries for free ask for a refurbished mighty. I'm sure it's a better deal for S&B. ;)

Massey64

Did we ever get an official statement from S&B or did someone figure out if the Mighty has true pass through? (That is nothing being drawn from the battery when plugged in)

After a couple of weeks of use I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of my battery, (I'm getting about 3/4 bowls per full charge) but that's mainly down to my technique. These bowls take roughly 15-30mins each, it's a big step up from my mflb :ninja:

Having an older unit (3000's) vibration tends to be a bit ropey below 3 bars. It will always vibrate eventually, but tends to jump up and down around the temp for a minuet or two towards the end of the battery.
So I quite like using my unit plugged in, I don't do it exclusively but it's something I don't want to do regularly if it's going to effect battery health

Definitely in love with this vape, the ability to vape at low temps during the day and saving bud to vape at higher temps before bed is a totally different experience.
Keep vaping :rockon:

Massey64,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Did we ever get an official statement from S&B or did someone figure out if the Mighty has true pass through? (That is nothing being drawn from the battery when plugged in)

After a couple of weeks of use I don't feel like I'm getting the most out of my battery, (I'm getting about 3/4 bowls per full charge) but that's mainly down to my technique. These bowls take roughly 15-30mins each, it's a big step up from my mflb :ninja:

Having an older unit (3000's) vibration tends to be a bit ropey below 3 bars. It will always vibrate eventually, but tends to jump up and down around the temp for a minuet or two towards the end of the battery.
So I quite like using my unit plugged in, I don't do it exclusively but it's something I don't want to do regularly if it's going to effect battery health

Definitely in love with this vape, the ability to vape at low temps during the day and saving bud to vape at higher temps before bed is a totally different experience.
Keep vaping :rockon:
A few pages back, this was discussed in great detail, it does have true pass through according to S&B, however when it's plugged in and heating, the power is used to heat the mighty only and not heating and charging at the same time...Once temps are reached it can maintain temps and charge batteries at the same time

Stinky

If you ask they send you a shipping label for free shipping. You don't have to pay if you don't want to within your warranty time.

You shouldn't have to ask IMO. S&B should be treating all customers the same. I feel that they are taking advantage of those customers who aren't savvy enough to know about S&B paying for return postage - especially with multiple returns.

These units have only been out for 6 months so they should be looking after early adopters/beta testers.

aj0125

If you ask they send you a shipping label for free shipping. You don't have to pay if you don't want to within your warranty time. If you don't want a new sealed unit with all included accessories and new batteries for free ask for a refurbished mighty. I'm sure it's a better deal for S&B. ;)

Why would I ask for a refurbished one? Is that the deal: you pay shipping=get new unit, they pay shipping= refurbished one? That makes no sense to me (unless you were kidding)? I did not mean to stir up shit amongst the Mighty lovers (I am one as well) I just think that they should automatically pay the return shipping on new defective units. Is that insane? Ploom, Vapexhale, and Thermovape all automaically offered when I had to send my units in under warranty.

I am seriously asking the first question though, because I would rather pay the shipping and get a NEW unit if that is the deal.

aj0125,

Michel

Why would I ask for a refurbished one? Is that the deal: you pay shipping=get new unit, they pay shipping= refurbished one? That makes no sense to me (unless you were kidding)? I did not mean to stir up shit amongst the Mighty lovers (I am one as well) I just think that they should automatically pay the return shipping on new defective units. Is that insane? Ploom, Vapexhale, and Thermovape all automaically offered when I had to send my units in under warranty.

I am seriously asking the first question though, because I would rather pay the shipping and get a NEW unit if that is the deal.

I was just kidding. Thought the smiley made this clear. I totally get your point!

Michel,
Reactions: aj0125
Top Bottom