The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

skyvaper

Where did you all order from?
Ebay for my crafty. But this was back in december when there were not many discounts deals but ebay usually has free gifts so I opted to get a couple of nice freebies. Mighty....classifieds. @biohacker has a crafty you could purchase from thr classifieds. Test the waters and send back to storz and bickel for diagnostic and then call them and pay the difference for the upgrade to a mighty. Mighty on mighty mcmightersons!

skyvaper,
Reactions: biohacker

fatbiker

I wanted to order from everyonedoesit but I haven't seen many reviews from that site

I was going to do the same but have decided to just order directly from S&B with the recent price drop. I couldn't find any reviews for the place and when I called the number on their website it was a dead line.... Sketchy in my opinion.

fatbiker,

biohacker

Where did you all order from?

TorontoVaporizer.com $399cdn free shipping/4 piece grinder

Test the waters and send back to storz and bickel for diagnostic and then call them and pay the difference for the upgrade to a mighty.

So even though my Crafty wasn't purchased from Storz & Bickel directly, I could send it in for diagnostics and then pay the difference for a Mighty, even though it has 33 hours on it? That could be worthwhile, because I think I need a 2nd Mighty (for the wife!)! For some reason though it doesn't feel right?

My Mighty is all cleaned up and ready to go! Still a faint plastic or solder taste but i'm not concerned because I know it should be gone by the end of the first bowl, which i'm just about to pack!

skyvaper

So even though my Crafty wasn't purchased from Storz & Bickel directly, I could send it in for diagnostics and then pay the difference for a Mighty, even though it has 33 hours on it? That could be worthwhile, because I think I need a 2nd Mighty (for the wife!)! For some reason though it doesn't feel right?

My Mighty is all cleaned up and ready to go! Still a faint plastic or solder taste but i'm not concerned because I know it should be gone by the end of the first bowl, which i'm just about to pack!

I have seen multiple posts either on this or the crafty thread where users have upgraded by paying the difference. If its not ok the most they can say is no. But each time Ive read about it there were no issues. All they will do is clean the unit put a new case and battery and update the firmware and you then have a brand new unit. Give it a try and enjoy that bowl!

biohacker

I left a message with S&B and hopefully they call me back and i'll ask about it. I'll probably just end up buying another one though!

biohacker,
Reactions: ataxian

skyvaper

I did a test with my mighty to answer my question around °C and °F and if it saves battery. I understand how you need to convert and all of that but I was being very literal. To get from the number 26 to the number 185 as opposed to getting from 78 to 365. Your unit will not skip numbers whether climbing in °C or •F. So if I climb temps slower in °C but going through less numbers is that more or less draining on the battery than climbing more numbers in °F but at a faster rate. Im thinking although very small...extremely small....there must be a difference in how much power is consumed. It takes power to do anything. Displaying a number on a screen uses power. Changing what you see on a screen takes power. So if Im changing what I see in my screen 10 times or 40. There has to be adifferent level of consumption.

biohacker

I totally know what you're talking about now, but I think the difference in power is not significant enough to even be a consideration. Trippy thought though dude!

The virgin Mighty bowl was awesome! The taste was better than I expected and the vapour smoother. I'm assuming it's the bigger CU, or more than likely a coarser than usual grind compared to the Crafty, since I have a new grinder. ABV wasn't as dark or even as a finer grind, but it also keeps things cleaner longer. I LOVE having the temp control on the vape....this thing is the absolute shit, and it's my new baby!

Time for bowl 2....WPA and bubbler testing! Battery hasn't even budged yet!

Is it really bad to use and charge at the same time? Am I much better off for battery health to use it, and top it up whenever i'm not actually using it? Just wanna do how much damage is really being done if I use it plugged in all the time?

skyvaper

Dude, you tripped alot of us out....but i'm tripping out more on the cross posting. Gets confusing between the two threads and I think the mods frown upon it.

Not looking to break rules just wanted to add my thoughts. I need to read up on cross posting. Im still a newbie on here. This is the first forum Ive ever been with. Apologies for thr confusion.

murf2010

What's that equate to for Unites states price? Anyone from the U.S. Ordered the mighty from this site?

Modnote: Moved reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
murf2010,
Reactions: shredder

subway13029

So I've had my mighty for about two weeks and I vape about two bowls a day and that is about it and I love this thing but I've got others to fit in..lol..but today I had a problem..when I went to raise the temp during a session when I would hit the buttons the screen would go blank and it would stay that way but was adding temp but would go completely black every time I hit the button up or down..and would not vibrate when hit said temp..has anyone seen this? I have read the whole thread and can't exactly remember..

subway13029,
Reactions: shredder

murf2010

So I've had my mighty for about two weeks and I vape about two bowls a day and that is about it and I love this thing but I've got others to fit in..lol..but today I had a problem..when I went to raise the temp during a session when I would hit the buttons the screen would go blank and it would stay that way but was adding temp but would go completely black every time I hit the button up or down..and would not vibrate when hit said temp..has anyone seen this? I have read the whole thread and can't exactly remember..

Where did you get yours

murf2010,

p1ssbucket

Finally got my glass stems in the mail from the uk to the USA took about 2 weeks :)

I like how it looks a lot. each set came with 3 silicone sleeves to fit it in where the plastic mouthpiece went.

cfscMs2.png

uhranium

Guys, I'm slowly getting a hold how this mothership works.

http://vrapp.ca/vrapp-content/uploads/Synergistic_Treatments_Chart_2015_Eng.pdf
http://vrapp.ca/vrapp-content/uploads/Vapourizer_Temperature_Chart_2015_Eng.pdf

Based on this one, I started my last two daily sessions with 150°C (302°F) with fresh weed raised it up to max 161-163°C (321°F) and then started a new batch, but saved the ABV.

I had a pretty head-fitted high that wouldn't affect my tiredness or ableness to get up a pair of stairs etc.

In the evening I then started the same ABV at 165°C (329°F) where to my liking it started to vape again, I ended the session at 190°(374°F) when I realized that the weed started to taste way more used than all the tempratures before, despite me sucking on the same bowl for hours, it felt. I really disliked the smell of it rather than pumping away the darkest ABV at 210°C(410°F) like i did all the days before.

Effect of this one was that my legs felt ultra heavy and I am way more "slowed down" than I was throughout the day when vaping low temperatures.

This is what sets the mighty apart from the solo which can only begin at 185°C (365°F) (don't get me started on setting the temp to2 then to 1 when it hits 185°C and suck the left heat out of it ..)

Another look at the pdf shows how different terpenes and flavonoids are released on different temperatures.
So far at 155°C(311°F) the compunds to be released are:

A = Beta-Carophyllene
B = Beta-Sitosterol
C = Alpha-Pinene

Getting to 165°C(329°F) we get

D = Beta-Myrcene

E = Delta-3-Carene

which are tasty too, after that a shitload of compounds is being released which might taste good if vaped directly at 185-190°C (365-383°F), but not when you suck on it for 30 minutes.

So I try in future to save my weed that's been vaped at max 165°C(329°F) for later sessions when I'm in a need of CBD and/or want to go to bed soon.
No more "start at 180° - 185 - 190...210°C done!" when I'm actually just wanting to get shit done and don't need a tranquilizer :)

try it !

Cliffs:
Vape freshweed at 150-161°C (302-321°F) in the day
save ABV
use ABV in the late evening for sleeping aid and for medicinal uses at 165-195°C (329-383°F)

Last edited:

shredder

Guys, I'm slowly getting a hold how this mothership works.

http://vrapp.ca/vrapp-content/uploads/Synergistic_Treatments_Chart_2015_Eng.pdf
http://vrapp.ca/vrapp-content/uploads/Vapourizer_Temperature_Chart_2015_Eng.pdf

Based on this one, I started my last two daily sessions with 150°C with fresh weed raised it up to max 162-164°C and then started a new batch, but saved the ABV.

I had a pretty head-fitted high that wouldn't affect my tiredness or ableness to get up a pair of stairs etc.

In the evening I then started the same ABV at 165°C where to my liking it started to vape again, I ende the session at 190° when I realized that the weed started to taste way more used than all the tempratures before, despite me sucking on the same bowl for hours, it felt. I really disliked the smell of it rather than pumping away the darkest ABV at 210°C like i did all the days before.

Effect of this one was that my legs felt ultra heavy and I am way more "slowed down" than I was throughout the day when vaping low temperatures.

Another look at the pdf shows how different terpenes and flavonoids are released on different temperatures.
So far at 155°C the compunds to be released are:

A = Beta-Carophyllene
B = Beta-Sitosterol
C = Alpha-Pinene

Getting to 165°C we get

D = Beta-Myrcene

E = Delta-3-Carene

which are tasty too, after that a shitload of compounds is being released which might taste good if vaped directly at 185-190°, but not when you suck on it for 30 minutes.

So I try in future to save my weed that's been vaped at max 165°C for later sessions when I'm in a need of CBD and/or want to go to bed soon.
No more "start at 180° - 185 - 190...210° done!" when I'm actually just wanting to get shit done and don't need a tranquilizer :)

try it !

Cliffs:
Vape freshweed at 150-164°C in the day
save ABV
use ABV in the late evening and for medicinal uses at 165-195°C

Dude, can I call you dude? You belong in the vapor nerd hall of fame. I can't remember my name after a bowl. Let me know when your book comes out. :)

p1ssbucket

The mouth feel of the glass mouthpiece is quite nice.
Flavor is definitely better, but on the other hand the cooked flavor as the bowl gets closer to done is stronger too.

You really can't pull too hard with it either. It will only let so much airflow though and the result is amazing hits that feel open and free like the cloud.

Really glad I have mine I will definitely use them when not traveling. I love startin at 180 and going to 192 or 205. Couldn't ever stand to re vape ABV though...

GetLeft

@uhranium, thanks!

I think in degrees F rather than degrees C. Here's what I posted elsewhere:

"It looks like this is what I'm not getting with the Air that I was getting while combusting a week ago:

quercetin, carbon monoxide & smoke tars, pulegone, THCV, CBC, naphthalene, α-terpineol.

And these are avoided by not vaping at the Air's highest settings (which I haven't done yet):

borneol, terpineol-4-ol

From what I can tell, somewhere in there are the culprits of too-stonedness."

So Air (similar to Solo), due to its higher temps at low settings, can't eliminate some of the compounds that it appears Mighty can. But it definitely still is able to keep things on the lighter side.

I'm a little confused by people distinguishing so clearly between the THC and the CBD effects. The CBD is releasing at temps that are not too much higher than THC. The Air would work on releasing both THC (F 315) and CBD (F 320) at the same setting, give or take, probably the Mighty too.

radiant34

how many approximate sessions would you guys say you fit in at the discharge of the first bar?
I used to fit 3 in on the first day and now i can only fit one in.. I don't know what coulda happened? my batteries couldnt have degraded that quick right?

Top Bottom