The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Stinky

I've not seen any product wide bug. What exactly are you talking about? I feel like your just making this up to be honest.

Have a read through the last few pages of the thread and you'll find the info you need. I never used the term "product wide bug" either. That was you.

I can also post all of the emails between Storz and Bickel and myself and the emails between Australianvaporizers.com.au and myself. They confirm that there is a problem with the unit. Storz and Bickel told me that their technical people are working on the problem now.

Stinky,
Reactions: Roger D

herbivore21

I believe @herbivore21 had the same thing and it's working just fine. Maybe he can weigh in on this.
According to the manual, Err 004 is the big game breaker. This is when you need to return your unit to the retailer for repair/replacement.

However, as was said, the first time I used my Mighty it got this error code, stopped working but after a few mins I managed to get it to work again and has not had dramas since!

herbivore21,
Reactions: NickDlow
What's up guys? This is my first post, but I'm a long time follower. Thank you for all the wisdom you share. I think I had read every page on this forum before I bought the Mighty 3 weeks ago. Btw I have SN#724, no problems yet at all!! I'm loving it!

I have not cleaned out the "cooling unit" yet. I am reluctant to take the screen out. It looks to me like it mighty (pun) be a bitch to get back in. How easy does it come out? Does anyone have any tips or tricks to getting the screen out/in? I may be over thinking it. Just dont want to damage the screen!!

Last edited:

Henry81

I use this device as a daily driver and it is up to the task. I have a herbie and MV, and the simplicity, power, and pocket friendly size of the mighty has made it my go to in most situations. No disrespect to the other two, but the mighty has won me over. I go 2 days before cleaning the cooling chamber, and that's 8 sessions a day. I use a pipe cleaner to push the screen out of the cooling chamber. To replace it, simply straighten out the screen and insert one side, then rotate with a finger. Should pop right back in place. At least mine does.

This device is equal to the two vapes I mentioned, but will fit in your pocket. Top quality vapor.

Last edited:

majher

Thanks heaps for posting that mate. Much appreciated.

Does your unit also not charge from the wall adapter after it has done that?

It charges just fine but it fails to show me what percentage the battery is at.

majher,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Have a read through the last few pages of the thread and you'll find the info you need. I never used the term "product wide bug" either. That was you.

I can also post all of the emails between Storz and Bickel and myself and the emails between Australianvaporizers.com.au and myself. They confirm that there is a problem with the unit. Storz and Bickel told me that their technical people are working on the problem now.

You stated that you would be returning a unit you hadn't even received yet because of the defect. Unless you are saying that only Australia has the defective units?

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That sucks. Nicole told me last night that my replacement "should" be fixed. I just wish they would tell us the truth and stop telling different people different stories. Being stuffed around this much is not fun.

I have been without my new $500 vape for far too long now and it looks like I'll have to return the replacement unit as well as the problem hasn't been resolved. That means I wasted $500 on a vape I can't use while the company lies to me about the resolution.

I bought the unit specifically to use on a holiday where the vape broke down. I am seriously disappointed in Storz and Bickel. They have really let me down. It's really annoying that another purchaser was given a replacement unit to use in their downtime while others aren't. They obviously have a problem and have now admitted it. I feel they need to do something more to help disgruntled customers.

You can post about your complaint but it must be done with respect. Accusing S&B of lying is not respectful. There are explanations for differing stories and treatment other than lying.

Under our rules you get to post about your complaint once, the manufacturer gets one post to respond (won't happen here since S&B isn't participating at FC) and then you must not post about it again unless you have new information or a resolution. This does not include justifying yourself with more explanations. All of this must be done politely. You've already crossed that line and further posts about this could result in a warning point. I also want to point out that posting private communications without the permission of both parties is against our rules. When the post is complimentary or informative, we assume the other party has no objections, but if there is a dispute or a complaint then you had better make sure you get permission.

tdriver

According to the manual, Err 004 is the big game breaker. This is when you need to return your unit to the retailer for repair/replacement.

However, as was said, the first time I used my Mighty it got this error code, stopped working but after a few mins I managed to get it to work again and has not had dramas since!

I saw "err 004" just for a second after a long hit. it didn't showed it again......it's working fine.

tdriver,

Stinky

You stated that you would be returning a unit you hadn't even received yet because of the defect. Unless you are saying that only Australia has the defective units?

I received my unit three weeks ago. It started malfunctioning after one week.

Stinky,

Stinky

What's the malfunction?

Also to clear anything up about whats going on heres a video :).

This problem.

Plus mine would not charge from the wall adapter when it was at 0% battery.

You can post about your complaint but it must be done with respect. Accusing S&B of lying is not respectful. There are explanations for differing stories and treatment other than lying.

Under our rules you get to post about your complaint once, the manufacturer gets one post to respond (won't happen here since S&B isn't participating at FC) and then you must not post about it again unless you have new information or a resolution. This does not include justifying yourself with more explanations. All of this must be done politely. You've already crossed that line and further posts about this could result in a warning point. I also want to point out that posting private communications without the permission of both parties is against our rules. When the post is complimentary or informative, we assume the other party has no objections, but if there is a dispute or a complaint then you had better make sure you get permission.

Hey. Thanks for the message.

I have been updating with the new information I have been receiving as I get it. I also haven't posted any private communications without the permission of both parties.

I got an email from Nicole at Storz and Bickel letting me know that all the problems with the Mighty unit were resolved overnight and that was also confirmed by their technicians. Looks like things have been resolved much faster than we thought. That mid January date we were given has been blown out of the water.

Last edited:

majher

This problem.

Plus mine would not charge from the wall adapter when it was at 0% battery.

Hey. Thanks for the message.

I have been updating with the new information I have been receiving as I get it. I also haven't posted any private communications without the permission of both parties.

I got an email from Nicole at Storz and Bickel letting me know that all the problems with the Mighty unit were resolved overnight and that was also confirmed by their technicians. Looks like things have been resolved much faster than we thought. That mid January date we were given has been blown out of the water.

Did she give you any new time on when they will be fixed?

majher,

adam_baumm

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and all other festive celebrations. Happy vappin, let's think of peace and love in our meditations. Take er eazy.

adam_baumm,

Tanz

Mine is getting up to set temp then dropping down a few degrees and slowly makes it's way back up and then repeats that, without drawing on it. Didn't do that first few times, at least I don't think it did.

Last edited:
Tanz,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Just got back from visiting the family with Crafty and Mighty. Folks were very impressed with the S&B portables. Mighty took excellent care of me during my travel. Its like having your desktop vape with you in a convenient package. I'm using Mighty more than Crafty now for a couple reasons. One is I just don't vape in public very often. For me a vape that travels easily to a hotel or family homestead is ideal. I mean I love Crafty if I go out from there, like a restaurant or something, but I'm just using Mighty more often it seems.

Also, when I arrived at my destination I went to use the bathroom and my phone slipped out of my pocket and hit the floor hard. The screen didn't crack but, no picture, just a fuzzy green blob. So THAT sucked and it pointed out to me that Crafty has separate things that can break. I downloaded the app on my wife's phone but this was an annoyance.

For travel I wrapped Mighty in a clean, thick, microfiber cloth and put it in a small camera case which protected everything very well. I still have concerns regarding the robustness of Mighty's screen but so far so good. Its amazing that my entire vapor lab now fits in a small case. Very liberating to say the least. My travels will now be a lot nicer thanks to S&B.

MGG

I just sold my crafty for a mighty so i guess i'm joining this group now.. yo.
here's my quick review from someone with experience with both units.

Mighty > Crafty :
+ longer battery life (double crafty)
+ screen with controls on device
+ can run on essentially 0% battery through charger, crafty uses
mini USB charging which is slower
+ heats up faster imo
+ slightly less drag imo (this might not be factual, just what i found from my use of both vapes)
+ can screw cooling unit on either way, no way of screwing it up hehe
- bigger than the crafty and is not really that portable or discrete, crafty you could easily hide, mighty is pretty friggin obvious, like you pull it out and anyone who has any idea what a vape is can tell immediately what it is. So if your looking for discreteness and only imagine your probably going to have a max of 3 (5-10mins) seshes in a day + you carry a Iphone 4S upwards or appropriate android phone around with you, then the crafty is for you!
- Extra minus is that I actually think for people concerned about getting the 'most control' out of their vaporizer, the crafty actually offers MORE control through their app than the mighty's basic digital screen.

If your going to go high end and dont care as much about discreteness I think it's definitely worth spending the little bit extra to get the mighty.

Also a lot of people complaining about the 1minute shut-off, I never really found it to be an issue, this thing heats up again really fast anyways and since it has such short battery life i'm happy with it shutting off if i leave it for 1 minute, I can totally see Storz and Bickel's logic.

adam_baumm

Quick poll: I would like to see how many full packed bowls per full charge. So how many?

I get 6 or 7 'ish maybe 8 going from 185 to 208 C

Last edited:
adam_baumm,

herbivore21

Ok, has anyone else gotten the Err 04 code temporarily for about 2 mins when hitting the Mighty with 2 bars of battery left or less at 200c or higher attached to glass? I find it happens when taking a gargantuan rip that drops the heater temp by 10c or so.

I think that this might be a battery saving thing, when the unit loses heat so much that to try and catch up quickly would risk very high power draw. It may be that S & B need to change the parameters of such a setting in the devices.

herbivore21,
Reactions: NickDlow

tdriver

Ok, has anyone else gotten the Err 04 code temporarily for about 2 mins when hitting the Mighty with 2 bars of battery left or less at 200c or higher attached to glass? I find it happens when taking a gargantuan rip that drops the heater temp by 10c or so.

I think that this might be a battery saving thing, when the unit loses heat so much that to try and catch up quickly would risk very high power draw. It may be that S & B need to change the parameters of such a setting in the devices.

I also got that "error 004" code after a big hit but it came up only for a second.
hope it's nothing to worry about......it's already a week old replacement.

Tanz

I just sold my crafty for a mighty so i guess i'm joining this group now.. yo.
here's my quick review from someone with experience with both units.

Mighty > Crafty :
+ longer battery life (double crafty)
+ screen with controls on device
+ can run on essentially 0% battery through charger, crafty uses
mini USB charging which is slower
+ heats up faster imo
+ slightly less drag imo (this might not be factual, just what i found from my use of both vapes)
+ can screw cooling unit on either way, no way of screwing it up hehe
- bigger than the crafty and is not really that portable or discrete, crafty you could easily hide, mighty is pretty friggin obvious, like you pull it out and anyone who has any idea what a vape is can tell immediately what it is. So if your looking for discreteness and only imagine your probably going to have a max of 3 (5-10mins) seshes in a day + you carry a Iphone 4S upwards or appropriate android phone around with you, then the crafty is for you!
- Extra minus is that I actually think for people concerned about getting the 'most control' out of their vaporizer, the crafty actually offers MORE control through their app than the mighty's basic digital screen.

If your going to go high end and dont care as much about discreteness I think it's definitely worth spending the little bit extra to get the mighty.

Also a lot of people complaining about the 1minute shut-off, I never really found it to be an issue, this thing heats up again really fast anyways and since it has such short battery life i'm happy with it shutting off if i leave it for 1 minute, I can totally see Storz and Bickel's logic.

Mine does not run on a fully discharged battery.

From 2 bars it started losing heat and then lost all bars a minute later and started flashing. Plugged it in and nothing happening, no light's no nothing. Thought something was seriously wrong for a second there. Took out the plug and then plugged into another outlet on the same power bar (all outlets working for everything else) and it light up and started charging. Turned it on and it's a no go. Does not heat up when the battery is 0% (or whatever % it is at when flashing).

It sucks that they say it can be used in a way that it can't...especially when spending that much money on it. Are they even planning on fixing this...?

Top Bottom