1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mighty by Storz & Bickel

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Roger D, Oct 16, 2014.

1. hassan

hassan Connoisseur

Could you explain this? I'm not following.

Ideally I'd like to use it for smaller doses and in a manner that will keep it as clean as possible.

I used a capsule yesterday - kept the bottom clean, but little bits ended up in the screen on top.

Also, there are multiple screens that came with it, are they for the unit itself or the CU? And are they meant as replacements or as options? They seem to be different.

I have never hit a vape that is as smooth as the Mighty - it feels like you're not even hitting anything - kinda like you're sipping on flavoured air.

Also, does the standard position of the clip result in increased or decreased draw? I almost want to increase the draw because coming from a Solo I almost miss the resistance; I think I enjoy taking multiple hits to get to where I want to be as opposed to a couple of easy ones.

I also feel like the high is a bit of a creeper - you think you're good and then it punches you in the face. Not a bad thing, but takes some getting used to.

blackstone and ambertrichome like this.
  2. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

@hassan there are two types of capsules. A straight up one and one that comes with a smaller version of the concentrate pad. The ones in the capsules are smaller and can be bought as part of a set i.e. the capsule and pad or separately i.e. just the pad.

To use the concentrate pad and the capsule for a micro hit I simply remove the concentrate pad from the capsule, add a small amount of herb and then replace the pad. Its up to you if you put the capsule lid back on or not. The same result can be achieved by just adding a little herb to the bowl and then use the bigger concentrate pad to hold it in place... your ready to vape away with your nice micro dose :D

Yes a very small amount can escape the capsule lid. I found the best way to avoid this is simple use a slightly courser grind, solved the problem for me :D

The finer screen is for the bowl (at the bottom) and the courser screen is for the CU. I have read of people using the finer screen for the CU but apparently it can cause more THC to condensate in the CU due to the airflow changing thus meaning you don't get it. I don't know how much THC is lost but its your call, its your vape and your experience... just rock it how you want to :D

Not really sure what you mean by this? Do you mean the mouth piece attaching to the CU? If you do I haven't noticed any difference but I've only had mine for about 3 weeks and still learning. If you want to increase resistance both the conc' pad or the capsule will do this slightly but I just think low resistance is the nature of the beast.

Ha ha yes it can be a creeper. I've found the variety of herb and the temperature you use greatly affects this. You want a hit rather than taste (although there's always some taste) just use a higher temp :D

Hope that helps, but please bear in mind that I am no expert and new to the mighty as well :D

blackstone, Baron23 and ambertrichome like this.
  3. hassan

hassan Connoisseur

Thanks so much for the detailed response!

It's too bad I didn't know this before - I bought an eight pack of the capsules with my Mighty, but they didn't come with concentrate pads so I'm gathering I don't have the tools required to micro dose?

I have the standard capsule and the standard pad that come with the unit - assuming I can't micro dose effectively with those?

What happens if I don't fully fill a capsule?

KC2K likes this.
  4. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

@hassan i made the same mistake. You can buy the smaller pads in packs of four so you haven't wasted money. The capsules by themselves are great to preload to take out and about or not have the hassle whilst having a session. You can get away with just filling the capsules up to about a third of the capsule, any less and it won't vape well.

You can still micro dose, just put a sprinkle in the main bowl and put the conc' pad you have on top. It will vape just as well as a full bowl... hell you can fill it up anywhere in between a sprinkle and a full bowl when using the pad. So in short yes you can still micro does with what you have.

Also, always happy to help :D

blackstone likes this.
  5. ambertrichome

ambertrichome Well-Known Member

I’ve found that no huge difference in performance with non filled capsules, still functions great.:2c::sherlock:

KC2K likes this.
  6. snoopyfan

snoopyfan Member

Just gave it a try for the first time. Pretty cool unit. Vapor is cooler than i thought. Put some GG4 in at 350 and did 3 pulls, then took the capsule out and will try it again later at 375 for 3 pulls. Just getting the feel of this thing. Don't want to overdo it on the first try.

Got some durban poison for tomorrow morning.

edit- just tried 1 big pull at 370. so 4 pulls total so far.
    edit 2- just did another pull at 390. GG4 at 390...whoa.

(taking the capsule out between pulls)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  7. BeEazy

BeEazy Well-Known Member

This is the best portable vape I've ever owned. I'm a pass owner of the No2 by Vapir, OG DaVinci, OG solo, dynavap, and gaoboof by Afla. The mighty sent my current vape (arizer air) off to retirement, most likely I will post it for sale soon or keep it around as a backup.

This vape was well thought out! From the cooling unit that give you nice cool vape to the loading tool and mirco dosing caps... I like what storz-bickel got going on here. No wonder they said this in their email when I asked about upcoming devices... "While the engineers in Germany are working on improvements for our existing devices and developing new product line ideas we currently have no timeline or news releases".

One thing I can say about the mighty is that the flavor is not as tasty as the arizer air first few pulls, but it makes up for it by not tasting like burnt popcorn throughout the session. I would say the arizer on a taste scale out of 10 goes from a 8/9 to a 4 while the mighty start at an 8 and falls to 6.5/7.

If you're on the fence about picking up a mighty don't be just pulled the trigger... I wish I did a long time ago! Like a few member said here "The mighty is MIGHTY"

8. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge Retailer

I've been dicking around with temp readings in my vapes and it's the Mighty's turn. I ran a probe down the stem, through the cooling unit and into a dosing capsule packed with abv. Set it to 390 and turned it on. For this first graph I decided to let it sit and see how long it took it to stop climbing after the display read 390. It keeps climbing since the probe is in the bowl and the Mighty is reading the heater below. This isn't very real life, mostly a 'let it sit' followed by three hits. The hits start when the curve starts climbing up and drops after that. By hits, I mean using a pump to draw air through the system. Later I'll get better at the air flow estimating what we as humans do. For now, though, I think the pump is a bit strong. The chart may change later when I make this adjustment. Here it is:

[​IMG]

The following graph is more real life, as I started the simulated draws once it reached 390 like I always do. The bowl increased in temp until stabilizing just a couple of degrees below set, and then would drop when the draw stopped.

[​IMG]

The bowl read near 290 when I started the first draw, and the temp quickly climbed to 370 and stabilized until I quit the draw, at which point it dropped to around 350 to rest until the next hit. The next four draws are repeats, but with the high and low temps increasing slightly each hit. On the fifth and final draw I let the pump go for a long time just to see. The Mighty was able to keep up, not even dropping 20 degrees in total.

9. ambertrichome

ambertrichome Well-Known Member

Well done sir, love it:clap::nod::sherlock:

blackstone likes this.
  10. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

Nice work, Sticks. Can you share with us the pump you are currently using? I've been trying to rig up a realistic hit simulator, but I'm not having much luck. I suck at getting things to suck it appears. :disgust:

:peace:

11. stickstones

I’m using one of the herbalaire pumps because they have an in and an out so we can suck it through instead of push. One of them is weak and the other strong but adjustable. They have the strong one on VN for $75 with some accessories.

Stu likes this.
  12. hassan

hassan Connoisseur

How can I determine what version my Mighty is?

I want to ensure it's the latest version.

13. ktmstick

ktmstick Well-Known Member

If it mini vibrates when coming near to the end of the session and has the boost function then it will be the latest version.

14. Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2 Well-Known Member

Thanks @stickstones !

When you finished your vape testing, could you start a vape temp comparison thread? Personally, I'd love to see a comparison chart. I'm would be great to see a list of vapes with use and resting temps; especially comparing all of these hybrid vapes!

Don't want to create more work for you, though. Thanks again!!!

15. Used2use

Used2use Landrace racer

Nice work - i just don't get completly how u ran the probe trough, i would have drilled a hole at the middle top of the cooling unit, so it could be drawn from like normal...
    And are u using 2 or 4 wires for the measuring probe? - 4 wires eliminate possible errors of the (temp changing) wire resistance...

16. valeron94

valeron94 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and I just bought a new shiny mighty that I still have to (insert here equivalent of fire it up). I have one question: is it normal that just putting a very very little pressure on the display of the mighty, I can see very strange artifacts that vanish slowly after releasing pressure? Don't tell me it's a defective unit :/

17. Razshiro

Razshiro Well-Known Member

I have a brand new Mighty directly from S&B Germany and when i'm putting little pressure on the screen display i have this "artifact", i had the same thing on my first Mighty ;): Don't worry it's nothing wrong,it's normal !!!

valeron94 likes this.
  18. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

Has anyone used e-liquid in their Mighty using a capsule with concentrate pad? I've treated myself to some CBD e-liquid and I'm not sure what temperature to use.... I was thinking of starting at about 180 C

19. snoopyfan

snoopyfan Member

dosing capsules are amazing. so easy and clean. ordered a bunch more.
    HOLY DRY MOUTH. like wow. im use to doing snappers out of a tube but sucking on this thing a few times in a session and my mouth is SO dry, not use to this lol. Woke up with dry mouth lol.

Day 2 gonna start with some low temps (345-365) of durban poison.

ambertrichome and KC2K like this.
  20. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Yesterday I tried a couple drops of CBD oil on organic cotton in another similar vape (Vivant Alternate, which goes up to 428 F) just to see if it worked. It tasted so nasty, I had to immediately put a couple of bowls of my fragrant favorite through it to remove the taste. Plus some spearmint added to the bowl. I don’t know, maybe it was the particular oil I used. Almost fishy, yuck. The Mighty only goes up to 410 anyway and that is probably not even hot enough.

KC2K likes this.
  21. stickstones

We're on the same page! Gonna create a thread for this stuff today or tomorrow and I'll still post this in the model threads when applicable. And keep the suggestions coming when we get to that thread...I need all the help I can get from you guys to make the data excellent!

I was gonna drill until I didn't need to. When I get the other thread up one of the things I want to include is pics or even vids to make it even clearer what I am doing. Please bring that '# of wires' issue up for discussion in the other thread when it gets up. I'm gonna start it right, so it will take a little bit of time to get the initial post up.

Mr. Me2, cloudsosmoke and Stu like this.
  22. KC2K

KC2K Active Member

@OyVape I've figured it out. Works perfectly fine for me, using the capsule with concentration pad. Couple of drops of very think, viscous, CBD e-liquid. I set it to 210 C or 410 F and got lovely thick plumes of smoke... oh and its bubblegum flavour ;)

Sucks that yours didn't work on the other vape. Your not the first I've heard say CBD taste fishy, think I've been lucky so far and not come across it. I was a little worried when I put a few drops on the pad, but I just left it for 10 to see if it leaked through and it didn't :D

Hope you have better luck with the e-juice.

23. OyVape

OyVape Well-Known Member

Well maybe that’s the difference between CBD oil and CBD e-juice.

KC2K likes this.
  24. snoopyfan

snoopyfan Member

Do you guys put the capsule in before or after the unit is heated?

Also, the screen in the CU, should i be using the fine or coarse screen if i am also using capsules?

And finally, any issues with using it upside down with the delta 3d WPA and capsules?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  25. jimdee

jimdee Well-Known Member

I like to wait until it gets to temperature before popping in a capsule (flavor saver imo!). I removed the screen from the CU 'cause it came into contact with my capsules and would get super dirty and stick to the capsule tops. Seems to work fine w/o the screen there with a coarse grind and a hard pack (which seems to help with w/ conduction too).

I don't think there should be any problem using it upside down. But, I don't know for sure.

HTH,
    jd

ambertrichome and blackstone like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors