The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I love the idea of the capsules. In person they feel cheap and I can only open them by bending the “metal”. I’m hoping I get into a rhythm with them as they were a large part of my decision to get the mighty
Easily open the lid by rotating the capsule while gently pulling up on the lid with your thumbnail. In other words, gently pry up in several spots around the circumference of the lid. In can jam if you just try to force it up at once and can bend the capsule.

I have a 40 pack of capsules but am on the same one I started with that came packed with the Mighty.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

shredder

I love the idea of the capsules. In person they feel cheap and I can only open them by bending the “metal”. I’m hoping I get into a rhythm with them as they were a large part of my decision to get the mighty

I think they're worth the time involved to use them. I've went over a year with and without and we definitely favor using them.

And now we're digging the liquid capsules with rosin. Not terribly efficient but tasty and toasty.

The "rumor" of more mighty heat would be way cool, but maybe not in this plastic skin.

Since we've been vaping at 410, we've started loosing fins. It is almost 3 yr old tho. But I'm sure the heat is causing this.

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Question: Has anybody had any luck adding additional conduction by using screens in their capsules? I put one screen on the bottom of the capsule, one on top of a half load, then add an additional domed screen on top to keep the half load of herbs lightly compressed. Then I put the lid on to keep everything secure. For what it's worth, I removed the screen from my cooling unit as I really don't need it with my technique. I really thought I might get slightly higher temperatures (darker ABV) than 410F doing this. *sigh* Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I get good results with my Mighty. But I run it at max temperature for the whole session until I get no more vapor. Afterwards, I put the 'spent' load in my Solo 2 at max and get more clouds until the ABV is dark brown.

I realize that ABV color is not necessarily a reliable indicator for extraction, but my Solo 2 seems to milk more from my herb and gets the ABV a lot darker. I do realize there is more conduction going on in the Solo 2 than the Mighty and that it has a higher maximum temperature. I also know that convection usually won't get your ABV as dark a brown as conduction.

Anyone had any luck getting better results? Am I doing something wrong? I realize that this vape has made a lot of folks very happy so I am definitely not bashing it at all. I'm just a higher temperature guy and like to get all I can from my herb the first time. Don't really care about taste...just results.

Last edited:
WildChild,

MileHighHuman

Question: Has anybody had any luck adding additional conduction by using screens in their capsules? I put one screen on the bottom of the capsule, one on top of a half load, then add an additional domed screen on top to keep the half load of herbs lightly compressed. Then I put the lid on to keep everything secure. For what it's worth, I removed the screen from my cooling unit as I really don't need it with my technique. I really thought I might get slightly higher temperatures (darker ABV) than 410F doing this. *sigh* Not so much.

Don't get me wrong, I get good results with my Mighty. But I run it at max temperature for the whole session until I get no more vapor. Afterwards, I put the 'spent' load in my Solo 2 at max and get more clouds until the ABV is dark brown.

I realize that ABV color is not necessarily a reliable indicator for extraction, but my Solo 2 seems to milk more from my herb and gets the ABV a lot darker. I do realize there is more conduction going on in the Solo 2 than the Mighty and that it has a higher maximum temperature. I also know that convection usually won't get your ABV as dark a brown as conduction.

Anyone had any luck getting better results? Am I doing something wrong? I realize that this vape has made a lot of folks very happy so I am definitely not bashing it at all. I'm just a higher temperature guy and like to get all I can from my herb the first time. Don't really care about taste...just results.

Ive found use the Mighty primary for flavor. Im just like and feel the 410 max temp is not enough. The Mighty feels very inefficient to me compared to other vapes.

i feel the Mighty shines in the the simplicity, flavor, and form factor (portability) categories.

If your looking for best extraction id say other vapes are going to win.

Off topic, but i read its best to unplug the charger when not in use. But, it'd be very helpful leaving it plugged into the wall outlet. Does anyone know if this could cause any damage to my charger or device?

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: WildChild

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
Ive found use the Mighty primary for flavor. Im just like and feel the 410 max temp is not enough. The Mighty feels very inefficient to me compared to other vapes.

i feel the Mighty shines in the the simplicity, flavor, and form factor (portability) categories.

If your looking for best extraction id say other vapes are going to win.

Off topic, but i read its best to unplug the charger when not in use. But, it'd be very helpful leaving it plugged into the wall outlet. Does anyone know if this could cause any damage to my charger or device?
Fair enough. Well stated.

I usually just eat my ABV right away anyhow so I guess, ultimately, I'm getting everything from it.

Not absolutely sure about the charger question but I always unplug mine when not in use.

Last edited:

darbarikanada

I'm just a higher temperature guy and like to get all I can from my herb the first time. Don't really care about taste...just results.

based on a lot of posts here as well as my personal experience, the mighty is never going to give you that dark brown ABV you're looking for. there are different opinions on how much more extraction you can get by putting mighty ABV in other higher temperature vapes - and, if you do get some, how much effect it has. most people seem to think that the added extraction from doing this isn't really worth the trouble: not-so-great flavor, questionable added effects.

YMMV of course...

MileHighHuman

Whats people's favorite way to consume the Mighty reclaim?

Should i eat mine or just throw it in another higher temp vape?

MileHighHuman,

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
based on a lot of posts here as well as my personal experience, the mighty is never going to give you that dark brown ABV you're looking for. there are different opinions on how much more extraction you can get by putting mighty ABV in other higher temperature vapes - and, if you do get some, how much effect it has. most people seem to think that the added extraction from doing this isn't really worth the trouble: not-so-great flavor, questionable added effects.

YMMV of course...
Another great answer. Thank you.

For the record, I do very much like my Mighty. More focused 'head' high and that now makes sense. It's getting hot enough to vaporize the THC but not quite hot enough to release all the sedating effects of some higher temperature CBDs? At least that is my take on it.

EDIT: Just did a nice dosing capsule of Girl Scout Cookies and now all I want to do is eat bacon. Guess this unit DOES work pretty darn well.

Last edited:
WildChild,

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Anyone had any luck getting better results?
for more conduction more mass is better - so sandwiching the load between 2 liquid pads in the capsule without the lid or direct in the bowl (no cu screen) in addition with longer heat soaking time is the best way for that
what i found out is that abv only gets a bitter taste for eating it if was heated above the 210C and it's more dark brown...
well why don't use a multi plug with a switch? the charger will still dissipate some heat while plugged in and not used, besides the energy waste it shouldn't be much of a problem, it's just a dc converter...
only real reason would be that the handbook recommends plugging the charger into the mighty before plugging the charger into the wall, bc those type of dc plugs can create a quick shortcut while plugging in (in reality a real slim chance and most ppl don't even know it)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Don't get me wrong, I get good results with my Mighty. But I run it at max temperature for the whole session until I get no more vapor. Afterwards, I put the 'spent' load in my Solo 2 at max and get more clouds until the ABV is dark brown..
I find that if I give the bowl a good stir (or even a re-grind, if the initial herb wasn't super-fine) and re-pack it in the bowl pretty tightly I get another short round of hits and the ABV gets noticeable darker. If you grind very finely when you first load the bowl, and maybe give it a stir the first time you cease to get visible vapor at 210C, you will likely get the ABV somewhat darker than your normal medium-grind-no-stir-Mighty session. :2c:

WildChild

Seeking My Shangri-La
I find that if I give the bowl a good stir (or even a re-grind, if the initial herb wasn't super-fine) and re-pack it in the bowl pretty tightly I get another short round of hits and the ABV gets noticeable darker. If you grind very finely when you first load the bowl, and maybe give it a stir the first time you cease to get visible vapor at 210C, you will likely get the ABV somewhat darker than your normal medium-grind-no-stir-Mighty session. :2c:
Thanks, @mitchgo61.

WildChild,
Reactions: mitchgo61

MAbud

1st capsule run through the Mighty tonight. Measured out .10 or so and ran the Mighty between 365 to 375. 375 produced far more visible vapor but a small step back in flavor. Finished material was evenly charred but slightly darker than I’m used to. Shocked how hard this thing hit my head for that few of pulls...off to a Mighty fine start:ko:

blackstone

And what about the extra battery life the Crafty is claiming? Hoping for a bump in battery life for both models....

The last time I emailed S&B with a few questions (July), I had heard of this Crafty with better battery and I decided to ask if this might make it to Mighty too.
They answered by saying at this time there are no Mighty's with longer battery power, and to sign up for their newsletter for any possible updates on this type of topic.

I don't badly need it or I can see why the Crafty might need it a lot more, but it could save me bringing my charger some places!

Another question is what temperatures do you guys prefer the most? I used the dosing caps and put it at 390F and i managed to get like 4 puffs of visible vapor. I assume if i use a lower temp, there is more visible vapor?

Also what are some favorite FC methods of carrying the dosing capsules on the go? I have the caddy and im debating about the magazine.

When you take out a hot capsule, what do you do to cool it down?

I mostly use the temperature presets from the Crafty. 180C, then 195C, then final boost to near full 207C or 208C.
Maybe for a full bowl I might start it a few degrees lower to make the most of it.

I haven't used the magazine much since getting a caddy, but it might suit you nicely. It can emit smell quite easily unless its in a ziploc or plastic wrap.
Another question I asked the company recently was if the plastic magazine can tolerate hot capsules,
they said it should be fine to dump hot ones in there. If you can get them in there hot I suppose!
I tend to open the Mighty upside down, and the capsule can sit on the cooling unit while cooling. You can help it cool quicker by sucking air through the MP or just toss it on a decent surface or a heatproof fabric like a bed or your pants/jumper.

I've sometimes put a hot capsule between two coins to try cool it faster.

biohacker

Did anyone else here get an email from PIU about a NEW Mighty a few weeks back or so? What was that all about? Thought it would be like the new improved battery crafty but apparently the Mighty isn't getting the upgrade?

biohacker,
Reactions: KidFated.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Did anyone else here get an email from PIU about a NEW Mighty a few weeks back or so? What was that all about? Thought it would be like the new improved battery crafty but apparently the Mighty isn't getting the upgrade?
I believe that was an email someone got from PIU that enumerated the 'new' improvements since original Mighty, but none of it was particularly new news.

Mr.Sifter

Mighty has no flavour at all.
Even at 160 celcius.
Tried several strains.
Tastes like hair dryer

Mr.Sifter,

shredder

Even at 160 celcius.
Tried several strains.
Tastes like hair dryer

Just curious, is there a vape you do like?

In the last 3 years I've tried literally dozens of strains, pLus 12-15 strains of rosin in my mighty and they all tasted great.

Maybe it's your herb? If not, maybe it's packed too loose or something. But I've never heard complaints like this from mighty users.

Vaporcussion

Even at 160 celcius.
Tried several strains.
Tastes like hair dryer

In your opinion (it's not a decree)

In all fairness, I will say that I rate the Mighty flavor an "A", but the best hit of my life came from my FF2, which I would rate an "A+" Only achieved it once, and I hate using it! I've also heard the Ghost MV1 can achieve a similar top tier flavor. I'm interested in this subject, and wonder what a ceramic bowl/glass lined CU Mighty might taste like; (just adding the glass MP made a difference)

Last edited:

Mr.Sifter

using capsules filled with approx .1 - .125g

170°C and up.
10 draws below 200°C

no falvour compared to solo dry

Mr.Sifter,
Top Bottom