The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the answer, it would be great to have all the capsules, but come a help already, I think of using it when using oil with herb, which always ends up dirtying a lot the big bow

My crafty I abused a lot, 245 hours of use, with might pretend to be kinder, now I have other vaporizers to alternate
Given that you have logistical/distance challenge, you might consider one or two 'sets' of eight caps with 'magazine' (holder). Capsules are re-usable. There are separate oil pads for both the bowl and the capsules' size, you might want some of those. I think that for oils in a flower sandwich (or pad, though I have less experience with this) you'll keep bowl much cleaner by using the capsules.

vapviking,

bidrock

Received my Might from PIU in 2 days! Wow what vapor production and quality! Loving the super low draw resistance!

I had a quick question about the charger. I'm getting this pretty audible high pitch noise from the charger when charging the mighty. Is this normal? The unit charges fine but the sound is definitely noticeable if the vape is charging on the table near you. Should I contact PIU about it or S&B?

Thanks

bidrock,
Reactions: weedemon

Bomb33

Mine don't make that sound. And where u got it from should have a policy for at least a week that they will replace any defective equipment from there you would go to s&b. Just my two cents. Also could it be the receptacle your plugging into? But ya sounds defective cause mine is silent.

bidrock

Thanks for the reply. I tried another socket, same thing. The audible noise is coming from the Mighty itself. The noise subsides when I remove the charger head from the mighty.

bidrock,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for the reply. I tried another socket, same thing. The audible noise is coming from the Mighty itself. The noise subsides when I remove the charger head from the mighty.
I agree that Mighty should not be making noise while charging.
Because this is problem out of the box, I would first ask PIU for recommendation on how to proceed. They might make this very easy, or they may suggest you register this one with S&B and make a warranty claim. But first give PIU a chance to make good on what they sold you.

olysh pops

I had a quick question about the charger. I'm getting this pretty audible high pitch noise from the charger when charging the mighty. Is this normal? The unit charges fine but the sound is definitely noticeable if the vape is charging on the table near you. Should I contact PIU about it or S&B?

Thanks

Same here since I get Mighty charger V2, may 2016.
When unit is charged, I can hear high-pitched sound from charger.
I do not worry about.
This sound tell me "time to vape !" ;)

Elbuort19

Did that include taking out the bottom screen and cleaning that/checking holes at bottom of bowl as well?

I use 2 screens in the bottom of the bowl, in addition to the dosing capsules, so I can easily replace the top screen when dirty instead of waiting until I clean the whole unit. I removed the 2nd bottom screen for testing to see if it was causing the issue and its not. Below is a pic I took yesterday after you asked about the bottom screen. BTW that's the original screen that came in my Mighty back in mid August.

Mighty%20Bowl%201080_zpsukhlovpt.jpg

Check @Vaporcussion's good suggestion first.
It seems to me that if the airway & chamber were reaching proper temperature, then you'd be getting at least some familiar results, assuming known-good material, grind, etc. Maybe a little less vapor if airway is clogged, but the vapor would be there and the abv would look darker, right? So, I'm going to guess that there may be an internal problem with heater or power. Does it seem like proper heat is developing? Have you tried using it plugged in to a/c power?
But I do hope cleaning the bottom screen & holes may clear things up...

Have tried plugged in and seems the same. Tried some very dry cannabis and got decent cloud 1st draw, very minimal on the 2nd and then nadda. The same load would normally give 4 good hits before seeing the minimal vapor of the 2nd hit I get now. LCD temps read the same and drop the same when taking a hit but vapor output and abv look like I'm vaping @ 300°F instead of 410°F.

I cleaned around the air intake yesterday, could see some abv dust, and initially there was no difference but several hours later my draw resistance seems to be good again but don't know if that had anything to do with it. Unfortunately still only getting about half as many draws and that's with the driest weed I've got. Abv looks a little darker but @ 410 it should be even darker.

Just my luck...sold my backup portable recently and my desktop died a couple months which I stupidly didn't bother to replace yet...D'oh! It still medicates but I'm consuming 2 to 3 times more to make up for its current inefficiency. In less than 2 weeks I'm going out of town for 6 weeks so I have to fix this or I might be forced to twist if it dies when traveling...fuck that!

Elbuort19,

Elbuort19

Could be wearing out? Since mid August I guesstimate somewhere between 1300 to 2000 bowls have gone through this Mighty so maybe she's just tired. lol

As long as its producing vapor I can't send back until I have something to replace it with. Got boned on a couple Black Friday deals so I said fuck it and didn't get another vape. Couple hours after Cyber Monday had ended I started having trouble with the Mighty. I live in a remote area too so at this point there's no way to get a vape to me before I fly out in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully I can limp it along and RMA it when I return.

Just had a couple of ideas I'm going to try.

Elbuort19,

Elbuort19

Yeah maybe but it gets up to temp on the LCD. Just seems like full heat isn't getting to the bowl. I changed out the bowl seal ring but no difference.

Elbuort19,

ktmstick

Yeah maybe but it gets up to temp on the LCD. Just seems like full heat isn't getting to the bowl. I changed out the bowl seal ring but no difference.
Have you checked your cooling unit doesn't have a leak in it. Remove and put thumb over the screen area and suck or blow into the mouthpiece. Should be fully sealed.

TanukiCoast

Fogbound
My new mighty makes a practically inaudible high-pitched whine during operation, it works flawlessly so I'm not really concerned, but I am curius if anyone else notices this? I really wish I had bought this vape before all the others and saved the money:lol: I love everything about it, the open draw, the thickness of the vapor like that of a home unit, the battery longevity, how fast the batterey charges, the even cooking of the herb,.. It's perfect. I could go on all day, I love THE MIGHTY:love:

Elbuort19

Have you checked your cooling unit doesn't have a leak in it. Remove and put thumb over the screen area and suck or blow into the mouthpiece. Should be fully sealed.

Yeah 1st thing I tried. CU is 100% not the issue.

I noticed that all of my capsules are deformed, concave top and bottom, from the nonstandard top screen and extra bottom screen that I use. I flattened them out hoping the problem was a result of poor conduction and it helped a little but not much. So to take advantage of conduction I now wait a minute after dropping in a capsule, instead of drop and go, and the 1st & 2nd draw is a little bigger but it stops vapor output 1/2 way through the 3rd. Still not great results but its better than it was Tuesday morning so that's something I guess. lol

Anyone know if a battery issue can cause this? I'm not having to charge more often and it happen all of a sudden, was not gradually. Couple days before this I noticed my draw was a little more restrictive but it worked well just had to draw a little harder. Restrictiveness is better now but its still a weed hog so I should start looking for a cheap temporary replacement before it grenades on me.

My new mighty makes a practically inaudible high-pitched whine during operation, it works flawlessly so I'm not really concerned, but I am curius if anyone else notices this? I really wish I had bought this vape before all the others and saved the money:lol: I love everything about it, the open draw, the thickness of the vapor like that of a home unit, the battery longevity, how fast the batterey charges, the even cooking of the herb,.. It's perfect. I could go on all day, I love THE MIGHTY:love:

Mine never made a high-pitched whine but maybe that's a good thing. lol I would notice too because I'm the most hypervigilant mofo you'd ever meet. I hear electrical noises like this all the time when no one else does until I get them to place their ear to the wall and then they hear it. Then again for all I know every 2nd Mighty does this when new so if it works well I wouldn't be too concerned. If 50 guys post after me that their Mighty made the same noise before it caught on fire and burned their house down then I reserve the right to retract my last comment. :tup:

Is your issue anything like this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Elbuort19,

weedemon

enthusiast
is there any actual reason in the manual it says to unplug the adapter from the wall first, then the mighty from the adapter 2nd? will simply unplugging the mighty from the adapter and leaving it plugged in hurt anything? I've read this 2-3x in different sections in that manual.

weedemon,

Mr. Me2

Yeah 1st thing I tried. CU is 100% not the issue.

I noticed that all of my capsules are deformed, concave top and bottom, from the nonstandard top screen and extra bottom screen that I use. I flattened them out hoping the problem was a result of poor conduction and it helped a little but not much. So to take advantage of conduction I now wait a minute after dropping in a capsule, instead of drop and go, and the 1st & 2nd draw is a little bigger but it stops vapor output 1/2 way through the 3rd. Still not great results but its better than it was Tuesday morning so that's something I guess. lol

Anyone know if a battery issue can cause this? I'm not having to charge more often and it happen all of a sudden, was not gradually. Couple days before this I noticed my draw was a little more restrictive but it worked well just had to draw a little harder. Restrictiveness is better now but its still a weed hog so I should start looking for a cheap temporary replacement before it grenades on me.
Have you tried it recently without a capsule? I'm wondering if the extra screen together with the capsule is causing your issues?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
is there any actual reason in the manual it says to unplug the adapter from the wall first, then the mighty from the adapter 2nd? will simply unplugging the mighty from the adapter and leaving it plugged in hurt anything? I've read this 2-3x in different sections in that manual.

This is all just my lay-person opinion;
I've read it, too, and I think it's a generic 'good practice' that some manufacturers recommend, as much for safety as anything else.
For example, if there were an undetected short circuit developed in the charger or Mighty, the user would be safer to 'cut the power' first by unplugging from wall, then touch the wiring/charger/Mighty.
In practice, I almost never do it this way. Like many people I leave the charger plugged in to the wall 95% of the time and just plug Mighty in.
Many wall adapters will use a tiny amount of current if left plugged in.

Hey, @Elbuort19 , if you have extra bottom screen and custom top screen + capsule in there, that's five screens. That seems like a lot.

Last edited:

biohacker

Have tried plugged in and seems the same. Tried some very dry cannabis and got decent cloud 1st draw, very minimal on the 2nd and then nadda. The same load would normally give 4 good hits before seeing the minimal vapor of the 2nd hit I get now. LCD temps read the same and drop the same when taking a hit but vapor output and abv look like I'm vaping @ 300°F instead of 410°F.

I cleaned around the air intake yesterday, could see some abv dust, and initially there was no difference but several hours later my draw resistance seems to be good again but don't know if that had anything to do with it. Unfortunately still only getting about half as many draws and that's with the driest weed I've got. Abv looks a little darker but @ 410 it should be even darker.

Just my luck...sold my backup portable recently and my desktop died a couple months which I stupidly didn't bother to replace yet...D'oh! It still medicates but I'm consuming 2 to 3 times more to make up for its current inefficiency. In less than 2 weeks I'm going out of town for 6 weeks so I have to fix this or I might be forced to twist if it dies when traveling...fuck that!

I think I have the same problem with mine. It's 2 years old now OG serial 12XXX never sent it in for an update and never had an issue save for the vibration not working from time to time.

Same here, nothing has changed....it still holds a great charge and works great, but it's not performing like it used to i'm quite certain, but who knows....ABV still comes out properly extracted, it's just like the clouds/hits are smaller, almost like it's working more conduction than convection? I've owned alot of Mighty's (and Crafty's) and never seen this before.

biohacker,
Reactions: Elbuort19

Baron23

Ciao a tutti sono nuovo qui e ho già cercato di lasciare delle Nazioni Unite Messaggio MA Nessuna .... volevo sapere se c'è più affidbile l'astuto ..non vedo l'ora di possedere uno vuole cercare di ottenere elevati senza PS combustione. Perdona il mio inglese

Well, with online translations tools (assuming this is Italian) it comes out as:

Hello everyone I'm new here and I have tried to leave the United Nations Message MA No .... I wanted to know if there is more affidbile the wily ..no wait to own one wants to try to get high without PS combustion. Sorry for my English
Anybody speak Italian and can tweak this up to intelligibility?

Baron23,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Elbuort19

Have you tried it recently without a capsule? I'm wondering if the extra screen together with the capsule is causing your issues?

I wish! lol I removed the extra screen a few days ago to eliminate that variable. Currently the only difference in my setup from stock is the screen in the CU which is not quite as fine as the bottom screen. I also tried it with no CU screen and other than a slight reduction in draw resistance there was no difference.

Hey, @Elbuort19 , if you have extra bottom screen and custom top screen + capsule in there, that's five screens. That seems like a lot.

I agree but stock with a capsule is 4 screens so really its only 1 extra compared to anyone using the capsule. I've run like this for months with no issue and it allows me to keep my screens cleaner because I change them every 1-3 days. I also pacman the extra bottom screen for easy removal and less potential damage to the inside of the bowl.

I think I have the same problem with mine. It's 2 years old now OG serial 12XXX never sent it in for an update and never had an issue save for the vibration not working from time to time.

Same here, nothing has changed....it still holds a great charge and works great, but it's not performing like it used to i'm quite certain, but who knows....ABV still comes out properly extracted, it's just like the clouds/hits are smaller, almost like it's working more conduction than convection? I've owned alot of Mighty's (and Crafty's) and never seen this before.

Misery loves company so welcome aboard! lol Please let me know if you resolve this and if you have to send it in I'd like to know what they say. Really tempted to blow compress air down through the bowl to see if that helps but likely would do more harm than good. Out of curiosity is there any damage to your Mighty's housing? I dropped my Mighty a couple of months ago or rather it slid down my shin and across the floor into a game console so it never free-fell but something let go in one of the top corners. Look at the pic I posted of my bowl on the previous page and you'll see the right side has a little bigger gap. Don't know if that could cause an issue but the drop/slide was a couple of months ago so if that's the cause it was far from immediate which gives me doubt.

I should also mention that I always have at least 6 strains on hand which are all properly cured and then placed into glass jars with a Boveda 62 pack. About 6-10 grams of these strains are ground and placed into non-airtight containers everyday or two. They continue to dry further from there because I live in a desert so if there's anything left in the non-airtight containers by the 2nd day (usually there's not lol) its a mixture of very dry weed and dust. Just wanted to point that out so no one thinks its a moisture issue. My strains, environment and procedures have not changed. Anyone who owns a Mighty or Crafty knows you get big fat clouds so when you don't there's somethings up.

Elbuort19,

biohacker

This one has been dropped a million times! No real evident damage other than the very top ribs have broken off (this is the OG model casing). Everything works, it just seems like it's not what it should be. I think the 2 year anniversary is up, but i'll send it in anyway...hoping to get a brand new one for a small fee. Then I can jump on the capsule bandwagon!

Elbuort19

This one has been dropped a million times! No real evident damage other than the very top ribs have broken off (this is the OG model casing). Everything works, it just seems like it's not what it should be. I think the 2 year anniversary is up, but i'll send it in anyway...hoping to get a brand new one for a small fee. Then I can jump on the capsule bandwagon!

Just my luck drop/slide once and get damage. My Dad used to say if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any at all. lol Oh well I was hopeful because the housing is probably the cheapest item to replace on the main unit...I'm guessing.

Elbuort19,

Harryloco

Hello everyone I'm new here and I have already tried to leave UN Message MA No .... I wanted to know if there is more affidbile the crafty ..no wait to own one want to try to get high without combustion PS. Forgive my English

Harryloco,
Top Bottom