Zippo024

hi all, just recieved my mflb today! very excited to use it, but my box has this rubber O ring right inside where the trench is, ive never heard of this before and was wondering if it should be there? or if i should remove it or something? ill post pics if necessary, it just doesnt seem like rubber should be touching the screen when it gets hot... help would be appreciated!

Zippo024,

5446ThatsMyNumber

Zippo024 said:
hi all, just recieved my mflb today! very excited to use it, but my box has this rubber O ring right inside where the trench is, ive never heard of this before and was wondering if it should be there? or if i should remove it or something? ill post pics if necessary, it just doesnt seem like rubber should be touching the screen when it gets hot... help would be appreciated!
I just got my old MFLB replaced with a new warranty one. Excellent customer service, thanks MF!

Apparently they made some changes to the box. Two obvious ones were the reinforced rubber ring that sits on top of the trench, and also another rubber ring where the + end of the battery goes. From experience, I think these were good modifications.

1. The rubber ring on the trench discourages cleaning the edges of the screen too hard, which in turn makes the possibility of tearing the screen apart from the wood less likely. The actual reason why I got my replacement was because I accidentally punctured holes in area where the screen connects to the wood. I don't think the rubber or whatever it's made of is unhealthy, because of low temps, but this would be good to look into.

2. The other rubber reinforcement in the battery area helps cushion the wood, so that when you stick the battery in hard, it doesn't mash up the wood facing the + end of the battery.

5446ThatsMyNumber,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
5446ThatsMyNumber said:
Apparently they made some changes to the box. Two obvious ones were the reinforced rubber ring that sits on top of the trench, and also another rubber ring where the + end of the battery goes. From experience, I think these were good modifications.

1. The rubber ring on the trench discourages cleaning the edges of the screen too hard, which in turn makes the possibility of tearing the screen apart from the wood less likely. The actual reason why I got my replacement was because I accidentally punctured holes in area where the screen connects to the wood. I don't think the rubber or whatever it's made of is unhealthy, because of low temps, but this would be good to look into.

2. The other rubber reinforcement in the battery area helps cushion the wood, so that when you stick the battery in hard, it doesn't mash up the wood facing the + end of the battery.
I think that is a great idea! I have a warranty replacement LB, and the screen is starting to come unattached from the wood again. I'm starting to get pieces of herb in my mouth, which I don't like. So, I'm looking forward to buying a new LB now with the new modifications. :)

Vicki,

5446ThatsMyNumber

Vicki said:
I think that is a great idea! I have a warranty replacement LB, and the screen is starting to come unattached from the wood again. I'm starting to get pieces of herb in my mouth, which I don't like. So, I'm looking forward to buying a new LB now with the new modifications. :)
Yea, getting bits of herb in my mouth was my problem too! I ended up using it for a while still, since I was too lazy to ask for a warranty. Still worked fine, I just got afraid of inhaling tiny particles that might come through the screen.

Anyway, I haven't got a chance to use the new one yet, since I just got it today, so I'm not sure the O-ring actually does anything physical to reinforce the screen. It just looks sturdier and discourages you from touching that area.

5446ThatsMyNumber,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
5446ThatsMyNumber said:
Vicki said:
Yea, getting bits of herb in my mouth was my problem too! I ended up using it for a while still, since I was too lazy to ask for a warranty. Still worked fine, I just got afraid of inhaling tiny particles that might come through the screen.

Anyway, I haven't got a chance to use the new one yet, since I just got it today, so I'm not sure the O-ring actually does anything physical to reinforce the screen. It just looks sturdier and discourages you from touching that area.
Please come back and let me know after you have used it. :)

Vicki,

VivaSativa

I'd like to see a picture of the LB with the new additions, if someone feels like taking a pic ;)
I wouldn't worry at all about the rubber being hazardous, MF have shown time and time again that they do serious research about their materials, and I'm sure this was no different.

VivaSativa,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
VivaSativa said:
I'd like to see a picture of the LB with the new additions, if someone feels like taking a pic ;)
I wouldn't worry at all about the rubber being hazardous, MF have shown time and time again that they do serious research about their materials, and I'm sure this was no different.
Gotcha

mflbinsidering.jpg

I can't say enough how much I love this thing

JDSupreme,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
JDSupreme said:
VivaSativa said:
Gotcha

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad324/JeffDireng/mflbinsidering.jpg

I can't say enough how much I love this thing
I definitely need this new addition.

Vicki,

Zippo024

whew, thanks guys thats a huge relief :) i kinda figured that it was there for a reason, seems weird that it would be a mistake, anyways, heres some shitty pics :lol:

Photo7-1.jpg

Photo6-1.jpg

hard to tell with my camera, just a black O ring around the inside of the trench hole, and in the battery compartment

EDIT: haha looks like u beat me to it JD!

Zippo024,

VivaSativa

Thanks for the pics, much appreciated :cool:
Yep seems like a great addition, my screen too has shifted a bit outside of the circular opening.

VivaSativa,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
VivaSativa said:
Thanks for the pics, much appreciated :cool:
Yep seems like a great addition, my screen too has shifted a bit outside of the circular opening.
I agree, thank you very much for the pics!! :)

I wonder if Magic Flight would consider sending us an o-ring to put in our current LB's trench? Maybe it would stop it from getting any worse.

Vicki,

hanfhead

is high
Nice on the new additions. I was thinking about finding a stainless c clip because my second box's screen is starting to come out of the groove.
2FXWe.jpg

As for you batteries getting hot while charging, if you must use a fast charger get the energizer. It charges in 15 minutes, and it has a fan to cool them while charging and it stays on for a few minutes after it's done. I normally don't use the 15 minute charger since it shortens the life. I always have 4 or 8 batteries at any one time and use the sanyo charger that came with my mflb and I never run out of juice.

And just a warning. I wouldn't store your box on its side, especially warm. Mine had some liquid resin run out on one side of the trench and the herb sticks to it a little. A "cleaning" with the battery and brush cleaned it out fine though.

hanfhead,

5446ThatsMyNumber

Nvm, the ring isn't really for stability. Don't know what I was thinking. Its just more useful for not getting herb stuck in the cracks in the first place.

5446ThatsMyNumber,

JinkyWells

Does anybody know what kind of batteries fit this best? Some fit snug and others are a little loose and don't always make contact.
Thanks

JinkyWells,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Just picked up the energizer 15min charger last night. I peeled the outside off of the 2300mah batts that came with it and they wont make a connection in the LB. Oh well they came free with the charger

JDSupreme,

sundaddy

I don't want to speak for MF but, I'm pretty sure the rubber "push-back" ring inside the battery hole is for safety reasons, eg. so you can't leave the battery in and combust. You actually have to be pushing it in to get contact, and when you release tension, it stops making contact. As far as the trench ring, I don't guess that area gets hot enough to make the ring off-gas/melt. All in all pretty good advancements I think.

sundaddy,

dkavn

Dave
JinkyWells--- I recently purchased some Imedion 2400mah from Thomas Distributing. After I peeled them they fit very well. I think that Magicflight / Blisssville is now shipping Imedions with the box.

JDSupreme--- I had some Energizers and some "Duraloops" that were a loose fit also. I found that by slightly pulling the end of the battery toward me while it was inserted in the battery bore, I could get power because tipping it caused the negative pole of the battery to contact the copper ring inside the bore, thereby closing the circuit.
:peace:
Hope this helps you both.

dkavn,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
I just got a lb yesterday and there is no rubber ring around the trench or in the battery slot. Maybe they are just sending out the updated version to people that have had a problem with the existing unit? I'm still learning the best way to use it but so far so good. :)

elmomuzz,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
I got mine about three weeks ago from vapenow. no rubber rings, but it sounds like a good improvement because the trench corners are starting to come up a bit. not affecting the functionality, but the stuff that gets stuck in there kinda bugs me.

it's still a wicked vape. i don't think i'll ever combust again.

It was funny when i ordered it my husband sniffed and said "batteries? i hope you just didn't buy a piece of shit - oh well, it's your birthday money"
relax honey, i did the research :rolleyes:

we took it camping for it's maiden voyage and now HE's the one who can't stop praising it. :lol:

I just can't say enough good things about this vape and the company behind it.:D

herbgirl,

sundaddy

elmomuzz said:
Maybe they are just sending out the updated version to people that have had a problem with the existing unit?
It's just the latest model, the new modifications are good improvements. Maybe MagicFlight will post all the specifics.

sundaddy,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sundaddy said:
elmomuzz said:
Maybe they are just sending out the updated version to people that have had a problem with the existing unit?
It's just the latest model, the new modifications are good improvements. Maybe MagicFlight will post all the specifics.
That would be awesome. I'd love to know more about these modifications. I wonder if Magic Flight will consider sending out just an o-ring for the trench to people that are having trouble with their screens.

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
A little off topic but I think the best way ive come up with to hit it is like pulse hitting a tiny roach, treating tip as the roach obviously, barely touching it to your lips while taking pulsed tea cup sip-style inhales all during one long slow inhale. im shocked at the size of the hits im pulling off it!

@dkavn - I'm gonna have to clean all the leftover sticker shit off the energizers and give em another go and try pulling the batt towards me a bit. Thx

JDSupreme,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
sundaddy said:
elmomuzz said:
I ordered mine last thursday and received it on monday. So there is still some old models going out.

elmomuzz,
Top Bottom