DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Lo said:
@ Greenleaf. The battery module will be able to be used with all the LB's. It will fit in just as the battery does :) Many folks looking forward!!

I too have been overloading my LB lately. I find that after a bit it crumbles down...after a few more hits, crumbles some more. I start with an overloaded LB but when I cash it in the volume is signifigantly reduced and the ABV has more goodies extracted than say my PD. You can really control how far you take it though.
I find too that if you are after the real indica stone, to go to sleep or pain management, that the Launch Box really works well especially if you keep hitting it at high temp into the burnt popcorn taste.

DeepFried,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
You may want to remove, edit and repost your pictures which show the serial number.

Just a thought.

Tom

tdavie,

heartvapor

So if I'm using the Launch Box during the day, and I want a strong upper high but not too much tiredness/couchlock, I should inhale quickly, and stop hitting once I see light brown?

And then I could save that weed for use at nighttime.... is that a good way to do it? I don't know if I have the patience/energy to save vaped weed for brownies, I'd rather just vape it until it's really dark brown. Does that damage the Launch Box?

heartvapor,

mattybass

Quasi-Intellectual
heartvapor said:
So if I'm using the Launch Box during the day, and I want a strong upper high but not too much tiredness/couchlock, I should inhale quickly, and stop hitting once I see light brown?

And then I could save that weed for use at nighttime.... is that a good way to do it? I don't know if I have the patience/energy to save vaped weed for brownies, I'd rather just vape it until it's really dark brown. Does that damage the Launch Box?
It doesn't damage it at all! I've found I'm able to take four or five 10 second rips from the LB, leave it, and get another 2 or 3 10 sec. hits from one full trench before it's toasted. The darker brown it is, the more the pot has been toasted. Once it's dark brown there isn't much left for you to do anything with. By following a similar procedure you shouldn't experience the couchlock that is generally associated with the comedown. Having said that, I usually get so ripped off the LB that if I happen to sit down I just zone out on something. But after the effects wear off in an hour and a half, I feel as if nothing happened :)

mattybass,

oneoone

Has anyone purchased their MFLB from ebay? I am looking at this one here in particular. How can I tell if I am getting the latest version?

oneoone,

B.

War Criminal
oneoone said:
Has anyone purchased their MFLB from ebay? I am looking at this one here in particular. How can I tell if I am getting the latest version?
You might ask them :)

I believe some pages back Magic Flight mentioned that they have not made revisions since feb, so it's probably cool. It's shipping with the tin, which is relatively new.

I've had 3 different types, one with before the light was added, and two after, each a different version. I believe there's a big difference in vapor between the one without the light and the one with the light(better), but the two different versions I've tried with the light are very very similar, it seems the change there has more to do with durability than vapor production.

My personal recommendation is to use www.blisssville.com or vapenow. I know vapenow gives us a discount, not sure about blisssville. At vapenow you would get a better price than the ebay seller.

B.,

Old Marine

Vaporist
89 bucks at vapenow.com (on the phone) 2day free shipping. Ordered Wed got mine Friday.

One word description....... AMAZING!!
Perfect portability and stealth, mine went to Epcot this weekend and no one was the wiser.

Go for it if you are on the fence

Old Marine,

heartvapor

It's $84 on puffitup.com (with the FC coupon), and it's 1-2 day shipping, depending on where you are in the US. I live on the east coast (they're in CA), so I got mine 2 days later. People on the west coast have gotten it next-day.

And it comes with a free 4-piece CNC aluminum grinder.

heartvapor,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
Oh ok, but whats everybodies opinion on the Energizer 15-min charger and batteries? I really dont wanna have to order something off the internet again, I was countin on just headin over to best buy and pickin a charger up

HighVibes,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
What do u mean? I dont see any numbers. Did I do something wrong?:uhoh:
EDIT: Oh wait are you talkin about the numbers on the back of the launch box? I dont see how that would be hazardous to show... can somebody enlighten me?

HighVibes,

stuey

The energiser 15 minute charger is a great 15 minute charger.

However 15 minute chargers ruin you batteries. They are useful if you are away from home or are having a session with a few friends.

The rest of the time a smart charger is best. The La Crosse BC-900 would be one of the better smart chargers. This will allow you to refresh your batteries and reduce some of the harm done by the 15 minute charger.

So a 15 minute charger has its uses but should not be considered you main charger.

AS for batteries

Sanyo Eneloop ... accept no substitutes!

stuey,

wthanna

HighVibes said:
EDIT: Oh wait are you talkin about the numbers on the back of the launch box? I dont see how that would be hazardous to show... can somebody enlighten me?
You will have people wanting to use your serial number when they have a warranty issue. If you have a problem with your box, magicflight may tell you "We've replaced that unit 5 times already", when you have never had a problem... I would edit it out immediately ;)

wthanna,

steven22

wthanna said:
HighVibes said:
You will have people wanting to use your serial number when they have a warranty issue. If you have a problem with your box, magicflight may tell you "We've replaced that unit 5 times already", when you have never had a problem... I would edit it out immediately ;)
I see how that could be a problem,
but when MF replaces a unit , wouldnt they cross out that serial number from the list of vapes in operation/circulation? as it has been replaced through warranty with a new unit and new serial number because the old unit and serial number had a defect. hence no more warranty on the same unit over and over again.

kinda like how a car gets totaled by insurance, and gets branded with a salvage title.

its because , ins company already paid out a claim on that vehicle, they dont want that vehicle back in circulation and get in an accident again, and the insurance ends up paying double on claims for the same car. (it is ONE of the many reasons that the different types of car titles exist)

steven22,

steven22

heartvapor said:
It's $84 on puffitup.com (with the FC coupon), and it's 1-2 day shipping, depending on where you are in the US. I live on the east coast (they're in CA), so I got mine 2 days later. People on the west coast have gotten it next-day.

And it comes with a free 4-piece CNC aluminum grinder.
I got mine from Puffitup as well... and its a great price, i dont regret it

but that grinder is crap. the day I received it, the magnet already fell out of its hole on the lid.

and the spearmint herb, smells great and stuff...but vapes kinda nasty... took 3 hits, and dumped it out, never used it again.

I definitely would have liked extra batteries instead of those 2 freebies... but im sure that would increase the price.

steven22,

heartvapor

Yeah I definitely would have rather had 2 extra batteries instead! My grinder works as it should, I just didn't get a fine enough grind for the Launch Box. It was pretty finely ground, but far from powder. I'm gonna get a 2-piece grinder soon, probably either a Space Case, Mendo Mulcher, or Mix n Ball. I don't need a 4-piece, since you can't vape kief in the Launch Box anyway, and it doesn't get a fine grind like a good 2-piece

I never touched the spearmint, and I never plan to. Haven't thrown it out yet, though, it's just sitting in the tin.

But $84 is still the best deal you can get in the US.

heartvapor,

Anton

Anthony
my roomy just let me know a package showed up for me this morning, can't wait to get home and try it out!

Anton,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
stuey said:

However 15 minute chargers ruin you batteries. They are useful if you are away from home or are having a session with a few friends.

The rest of the time a smart charger is best. The La Crosse BC-900 would be one of the better smart chargers. This will allow you to refresh your batteries and reduce some of the harm done by the 15 minute charger.

So a 15 minute charger has its uses but should not be considered you main charger.

AS for batteries

Where can I buy eneloops and a lacrosse charger? And are we positive that the charge time for the sanyo charger that comes with the launch box is 8 hours? I dont wanna overcharge my batteries. Also, what if I dont quite use up both the batteries all the way, and theres still some juice in em but not enough to vape a whole trench. If I put batteries that arent completely drained on the charger for 8 hours, will it overcharge them?

HighVibes,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
wthanna said:
Holy sh*t, thanks for the heads up, just edited it. Btw I read the forum rules, but couldnt really discern whether we're allowed to swear on here. Can we?

HighVibes,

stuey

HighVibes said:
stuey said:

AS for batteries

Where can I buy eneloops and a lacrosse charger? And are we positive that the charge time for the sanyo charger that comes with the launch box is 8 hours? I dont wanna overcharge my batteries. Also, what if we dont quite use up bother batteries all the way, and theres still some juice in em but not enough to vape a whole trench. If I put batteries that arent completely drained on the charger for 8 hours, will it overcharge them?
amazon.com

A smart charger will not overcharge the batteries. Thats why its "smart"

stuey,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
@HighVibes, the sanyo charger you got with your LB kit is a smart charger specifically made by Sanyo to charge their eneloops. Stop worrying so much about chargers and batteries and just enjoy your box. If the two batteries you got can't charge fast enough for your sessions, just get 2 more of the same batteries from where you bought your LB.

DeepFried,

HighVibes

Medicinal Mist
DeepFried said:
@HighVibes, the sanyo charger you got with your LB kit is a smart charger specifically made by Sanyo to charge their eneloops. Stop worrying so much about chargers and batteries and just enjoy your box. If the two batteries you got can't charge fast enough for your sessions, just get 2 more of the same batteries from where you bought your LB.
Well if the charger that comes in with the box doesnt have automatic shutoff, then overcharging your batteries is something to worry about in my opinion. My issues are that I really need to be able to charge my batteries in 15 minutes because I smoke (scratch that, vape) medicinally and sometimes need to vape relatively immediately, altho 15 minutes is pretty close. But I'm not gonna drop $40 on a 15-min charger if its just going to destroy the batteries in a few months and give me sh*tty performance (I'm still not sure whether we're allowed to swear on here, lol). Basically, I need a charge time faster than 8 hours, but I just dont know what to do and dont wanna waste money. And if I can get by with just goin to the store and not havin to order somethin off the internet, that'd be great.

HighVibes,
Top Bottom