riverrat

I received my LB Monday and have loved every minute of it! If you are worried about discreetness, no need to. I've been able to use mine at work 3 times so far without anyone noticing a thing. Even the chick in the cube next to me had no clue. No smell, no sound and small enough to use in most any situation.

I'm starting to get the hang of regulating the temperature but it really is simple. This is my first vaporizer so I still have some learning to do. Can't think of a better time that now!

riverrat,

Anton

Anthony
Just ordered my LB yesterday from puffitup, very excited from what I've read. Everybody seems to love this little guy and $85 (used the 15% coupon) for a quality vaporizer that's portable seems like a pretty amazing deal! Thanks to everyone for impressions on the device, definitely helped cement my decision. Anyway here's to my first vaporizer, and first post! :)

Anton,

GreenLeaf

riverrat said:
I received my LB Monday and have loved every minute of it! If you are worried about discreetness, no need to. I've been able to use mine at work 3 times so far without anyone noticing a thing. Even the chick in the cube next to me had no clue. No smell, no sound and small enough to use in most any situation.

I'm starting to get the hang of regulating the temperature but it really is simple. This is my first vaporizer so I still have some learning to do. Can't think of a better time that now!
Did you use it at your desk in your cube at work?

GreenLeaf,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Peterrr said:
Lo said:
@ Peterr - The batteries need to be NIMH rechargeable and not LION. I did have some NIMH energizers that came with my 15 minute charger but.... They didn't perform nearly as well.

@ Vicki - The batteries I got with my first box I'm guessing last fall were starting to lose performance this spring. I ordered the new batteries they've got now and man what a difference. While they are way loose in my LB they perform SO much better. I'm not sure when the performance will decline but all of the rechargeables only handle so many chargings.
So the batteries I bought wont work? :| ah that sucks

This is the store I have to get my batteries from and they have the following
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/cate...catalog=Online&category=Rechargable+Batteries

What would you suggest is the best out of this selectoin..
My experience with Energizer batteries is somewhat disappointing. I have found they are inconsistently sized and can be loose in the LB. You can not go wrong with Sanyo 2700 mah batteries or eneloops (Duracell lsd rechargables are relabled eneloops). Powerex 2700 mah batteries are also very good. Whatever you do get a quality (smart) charger so you can recondition your batteries. I like to use my 2700 mah batteries as my daily driver and leave them in the charger until I use them. My lsd batteries once charged are ready in storage for whenever else I may need them.

Thomas Distributing is a very good source for all your battery and charger needs. Afaik they ship to Canada.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...e=1&sort=3a&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...49_152.html?osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

chucku,

heartvapor

Has anyone vaporized salvia extract in the MFLB? It's a finely ground herb, practically powder. It's not a liquid extract, and nothing melts.

Anyone know if it would work well?

heartvapor,

heartvapor

Also, is there any update with the home charger? Magic-flight said a few weeks ago that they were planning to release a charger for about $50-$70. Haven't heard anything about it recently.

Also, is the new 4-battery charger that's included with the MFLB ok to use with 2700mAh regular discharge batteries? Some Amazon reviews said that those batteries lose capacity when they're charged in a cheap charger. The reason I'm wondering is because I plan to charge them every night, whether or not all of them have been discharged. Would those batteries die quickly? Is it a better investment to buy the eneloop-type batteries, even if I don't mind charging batteries nightly? I could benefit from the extra capacity of each battery, but would these batteries be useless after a few months?

heartvapor,

Plant

there are no 2700 or 2500 eneloops they go to 2100
and i would stick with them, i got 2700gp and i hardly use them

Plant,

axakal

i just got confused by the sanyo rechargebles, i guess. the eneloops also don't seem go up to 2100, btw. :)

axakal,

Plant

i got confuse with the recyko from GP they go to 2100

damn brought some almost dead batts to work been using them for three days now thought i could do another day with them, well i did have my L(a)unchbreak already, but now they are dead have to work till 17:30

Plant,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
momofthegoons said:
I would recommend just buying the batteries that come with the LB. Then, you know you have the correct batteries from the get go.
I agree with mom. The launch box hole is sized perfectly for the batteries that magic-flight supply and their batteries are very high quality, already peeled, ready to go and come with a free case. Other batteries I find are not the same diameter and will either be too tight or too loose. The loose fit will give you a poor vapor experience.

DeepFried,

VivaSativa

heartvapor said:
Has anyone vaporized salvia extract in the MFLB? It's a finely ground herb, practically powder. It's not a liquid extract, and nothing melts.

Anyone know if it would work well?
Haven't tried, but I don't think it'll work well.
Read this online: "To vaporize Salvia divinorum's active ingredient, Salvinorin A, it requires a temperature of approximately 240C/464F".
The MFLB runs much cooler than that, don't know if it can pass 200C..

VivaSativa,

axakal

@DeepFried. you're right about the perfect size. but since they came without a sticker i can only assume from the postings here, that we're speaking about eneloops. am i right? because the batteries that came with the MFLB seem to work the best in terms of size and duration. i've tried the GP - too small, and some varta speed charging rechargebles - less hits possible. so, i want to nail it down to the best battery type for the little wonder and order some more, because only two are not enough for my needs.
thanks.

axakal,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
heartvapor said:
Also, is there any update with the home charger? Magic-flight said a few weeks ago that they were planning to release a charger for about $50-$70. Haven't heard anything about it recently.
Hi,

We have ABV'd one more engineering firm and contracted two more beyond that. It is definitely a challenge getting these built to spec! Cutting edge work, really. We have also (finally!) received our volume order for parts placed for certain key components last November. As such, is is fairly certain now that we will be able to see the very first instances to be in alpha testing by late July. People on this Forum will have significant priority and access to this initial run, (after our own engineering staff, of course).

heartvapor said:
Also, is the new 4-battery charger that's included with the MFLB ok to use with 2700mAh regular discharge batteries?
Yes, it is. Any NiMH battery can be charged in any reasonably good charger. The better the charger, the better the long term results/performance with the battery. Occasional conditioning cycles are good too.

What you want to avoid are chargers that take more than about 6 hours to charge the battery. Slow chargers are generally very inexpensive, but they have no smarts, and can *eventually* degrade the cell if used improperly. Faster chargers depend on being smart. If they are not sufficient quality, they can also damage batteries due to overcharging (ie, failure to detect when it is full).

heartvapor said:
I plan to charge them every night, whether or not all of them have been discharged. Would those batteries die quickly?
No. If you are going to be regular about it, I would use the provided charger as is -- it is exactly what you want (that's why we ship them). In that case, you do not need to get LSD type batteries (what we ship), since you will be cycling them every few days in any case.

heartvapor said:
I could benefit from the extra capacity of each battery, but would these batteries be useless after a few months?
I would expect minimum of 1/2 year of daily usage. After that, you will need to *may* need to replace cells that have been abused (overheated). Also, do not expect any battery to last more than 1.5 years -- the underlying technology has its limits.

Part of the reason for designing with the AA package is to enable people to use our products forever. Maximum possible freedom -- reflects maximum possible enablement of the each users future choices. Its all about the aphorism on the bottom. Anyone who thinks prohibition is a good idea (remember the 1920s?) or tries to setup "user lock in" (think Apple corp. with no replaceable batteries) had best read it and know its truth. Love always (eventually) wins out.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
Thats a really nice business philosophy.
Thanks. It only took us 20 solid years of work to figure it out. The deeper truths behind that are, if anything, even more astounding. A topic for another day.

magicflight,

dub

vapor newb
hi all :) i got my MFLB afew days ago and i love it , its so small i can hit it anywhere (in the canteen at work) its so discrete

thanks magic flight for a great product !!

dub,

heartvapor

magicflight said:
heartvapor said:
Also, is the new 4-battery charger that's included with the MFLB ok to use with 2700mAh regular discharge batteries?
Yes, it is. Any NiMH battery can be charged in any reasonably good charger. The better the charger, the better the long term results/performance with the battery. Occasional conditioning cycles are good too.

What you want to avoid are chargers that take more than about 6 hours to charge the battery. Slow chargers are generally very inexpensive, but they have no smarts, and can *eventually* degrade the cell if used improperly. Faster chargers depend on being smart. If they are not sufficient quality, they can also damage batteries due to overcharging (ie, failure to detect when it is full).

heartvapor said:
I plan to charge them every night, whether or not all of them have been discharged. Would those batteries die quickly?
No. If you are going to be regular about it, I would use the provided charger as is -- it is exactly what you want (that's why we ship them). In that case, you do not need to get LSD type batteries (what we ship), since you will be cycling them every few days in any case.
So the high capacity regular discharge batteries can take as much wear and tear as LSD types? For some reason I was under the impression that LSD batteries are less likely to have the "memory" effect, which is important for me, because as of right now I don't plan to buy a "genius" charger, I'm sticking with the one that came with the MFLB (4-battery 2-4 hour charger).

So what high capacity batteries would you recommend?
What about these? http://www.amazon.com/Bower-XPB430-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1274485050&sr=8-1

They have some decent reviews, someone said the actual rating was 2800mAh, so are those a good choice? Or should I stick to Sanyo 2700mAh? Please recommend a specific brand/model if you can. Are all 2800+ ratings BS? Because it seems that the highest capacity batteries on Amazon that have tons of great reviews, are the 2700mAh ones. But I'm not sure.

Also, could you (magic-flight) let me know about salvia? One person responded above, but he said he's not sure. Will it vaporize salvia extract (finely ground herb)? Will it fully vaporize it? thanks

Finally, I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I was reading about cannabanoids, and I noticed that the vaporization temperatures for CBD and CBN are very close to the temperature that the MFLB (and most vaporizers) hits. Is this a coincidence? Is this why a vaporizer high is different from a smoking high?

thanks so much

heartvapor,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Yes! Its so nice to hear a solid update on the adapter unit. What ever list I need to be on to test it, I want to officially be on.

Thanks!

finchrock24,
finchrock24 said:
Yes! Its so nice to hear a solid update on the adapter unit. What ever list I need to be on to test it, I want to officially be on.

Thanks!
I think it goes without saying that everyone would like to be on that list. I know I would. I would also like to see a car adapter with a switch eventually.

Howie Feltersnatch,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Howie Feltersnatch said:
finchrock24 said:

Thanks!
I think it goes without saying that everyone would like to be on that list. I know I would.
Yes, I'd definitely LOVE to test the A/C adapter. I use my LB everyday, all day long. It would be nice to give the batteries a small break. :)

Vicki,

Budz Bunny

I would like to hear more about how the company came about, see some early LBs. Wonder if they were like early cell phones and the size pf a brick? HAHA :brow:

Budz Bunny,
Top Bottom