toadyfatz

the tingly sensation is odd for sure. I have never felt anything like that and although I have not read all 127 pages I have not heard of this either??? Vape high def takes a bit longer to hit you and it is a totally different (clearer) buzz imo....

toadyfatz,

B.

War Criminal
Duck

From what I understand vaping takes around ten minutes to fully kick in. When you combust, that instant feeling you get is your body's reaction to all the poisons you've just inhaled. My personal theory is that crap is the reason for the harsher come down from combusting.

I could be wrong.

Tingling on the lips? maybe it's the heat of the hit? Either I'm totally used to it, or it doesn't happent to me, and I use it native daily.

B.,

amusingduck

yeah man, i am a fan for sure. usually i smoke from my little pipe and its fine and all, but a lot of times it'll feel like my heart is beating super fast, i am really short of breath, etc. that stuff was probably all in my head, but with the vape high i didn't get that at all. i also always wake up with a sore throat the day after i smoke...don't think that'll be happening tomorrow morning tho :D

yeah, i dunno whats up with the tingling. it wasn't too bad and it seemed to be fading towards the end...guess i'll just have to see if it continues later, next time i use this magic little box.

amusingduck,

slurpeejerky711

amusing duck, i have only hit it like 2 or 3 times without the stem and i know exactly what youre talking about, i think it is a little bit of electric shock or thats what it feels like to me, nothing super uncomfortable but id prefer to go without the "shocking hit" haha im gona start going back and forth between stem and no stem hits

i can usually feel a hit after a minute but its a very subtle feeling, then in 30min to an hour i usually can feel a deepening feeling more and more

happy magic flight vaping everyone!:D

slurpeejerky711,
amusingduck said:
so i load it up, no stem, start hittin it, and i feel like this...tingly sensation on my lips. like, almost like...tiny electric shocks? i have no idea. it was not very pleasant. i put the stem on, tingly feeling was a little better, still there though.
Holy shit, I want some of what YOU'RE vaping! :o

Seriously, I would just vape until you can't feel your lips.

Howie Feltersnatch,

indigal

Amongst the corn
:lol::lol:

Just wanted to jump on and say I got mine today in the mail :).
I'm a happy camper. Getting used to it- the first load was a little toasty. Prob because I was staring at what was happening instead the thing of inhaling..
Happily the learning curve is short! Ingeniously simple and tiny- love it!

indigal,

Budz Bunny

finchrock24 said:
Guys...lets not all forget the stoner tricks of time.

To get rid of smell from exhaled smoke/vapor...you need to make what I call a 'flobie' or a 'flobe'. It has a ton of different names, though. Get a toilet paper roll tube and bunch up some drier sheets (fabric softeners) exhale through that bad boy and your room will smell like fresh laundry. I vape with my LB with my room door OPEN when I use my flobe...my mom never mentions anything. You need to bunch up like 2-3 softeners.

Also, you can use paper towel or tissue but you need to spray some Frabreeze or even perfume or spray deodorant. Just something to mask the odor.
You kids dont know how great you have it. Back in my day we had to HANG OUT the bedroom window to smoke a joint. ;) Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again.

Budz Bunny,

fffffut

gotta say i love this thing
great for anywhere and any time
only thing thats bugging me a little is the screen on each end of the trench (the shorter ends, with the exposed edges) is kind of getting folded over and messed up
anyone have that happen before?
i dont think itll be catastrophic, but i hate seeing any kind of damage on it
either way, i know its got a great warranty so im not too worried

fffffut,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Budz Bunny said:
finchrock24 said:
Guys...lets not all forget the stoner tricks of time.

To get rid of smell from exhaled smoke/vapor...you need to make what I call a 'flobie' or a 'flobe'. It has a ton of different names, though. Get a toilet paper roll tube and bunch up some drier sheets (fabric softeners) exhale through that bad boy and your room will smell like fresh laundry. I vape with my LB with my room door OPEN when I use my flobe...my mom never mentions anything. You need to bunch up like 2-3 softeners.

Also, you can use paper towel or tissue but you need to spray some Frabreeze or even perfume or spray deodorant. Just something to mask the odor.
You kids dont know how great you have it. Back in my day we had to HANG OUT the bedroom window to smoke a joint. ;) Sometimes I wish I could be a kid again.
Haha...yeah I get those stories from my dad. I'm a medical patient and both of my parents know of my condition and consumption. They don't really say too much...I have a job and am taking over a full load of units, so I don't give them much to say to me.

finchrock24,

Peterrr

Hello everyone, been a lurker for awhile and now I am finally going to buy this little guy tomorrow off vapeworld and I just got a couple questions for you guys (and gals).

I got 4 energizer 2500mAh rechargeable batteries, will these work okay with the device? what type of performance am I looking at compared to the ones that come with the LB?

Also, how long would shipping take from vapeworld to canada?

Thanks you're all the best

Peterrr,
Ok, yeah. So ... I get it now. :D

Amazing little gadget, that is for sure. I am not sure it is as efficient as my Zap, but it beats the shit out of rolling and packing bowls and burning it!

BTW, my wife started calling it the Lunch Box, then it became the Lunch Buddy. So now I am calling it the "Mother Fucking Lunch Buddy." Of course it is actually more like a "breakfast, coffee break, lunch, coffee break, going home, after dinner, watching the tube buddy."

Figured out I was loading a little too little and heating a little too long. A few experimental adjustments on technique and I was in the groove.

I absolutely agree that a dry fine grind is essential and I need wait no more than about 3 seconds before the vapor is there. I hit lightly and long (about 10-12 seconds and start tapping the box while hitting it before I pull the battery. I also find that turning it over is unnecessary as I can see the material shifting in there while I tap on the side. I am still only getting about 3-4 hits off a full trench. The first two hits taste fan-damn-tastic, the third ok and the fourth (if I go for it) is starting to be popcorn.

I drastically prefer the effect to that of combusting the same amount and am looking forward to a long relationship with my little wooden "lunch buddy".:)

Howie Feltersnatch,

chloe

I have to say ever since I got a 2nd unit so that my wife and I no longer have to share...it has been GREAT!
Maybe I get excited over little things, but I remember prior to having 2 boxes, the setup and packing away of the VW Cannon each time and having it plugged in for most of the day....stirring, wand following out...loading..wow thinking about it is tiring :brow: it just feels very liberating to have instant access to a hit whenever...i just call this thing buddy as it follows me wherever I go...

if I were to muster up any sort of gripe..and calling it a gripe isn't fair either..but the only thing I can really think of is passing the box to a friend who's not used to it....the # of burnt bowls because they forget to remove the battery :lol: I'm pretty much clear as day when I describe to someone how to use it but I guess if you're not used to it, you'll get burnt bowls esp. if the person is toasty....but this maybe fixed with the power module and the push button...so can't wait for that either!

this has to be one of the fastest growing threads which is a testament of how great this product is....can you tell i'm a complete fan boy of this product? thanks for this great forum else I don't know what portable vaporizer I'd be with right now

:peace:

chloe,

heartvapor

amusingduck said:
...so i load it up, no stem, start hittin it, and i feel like this...tingly sensation on my lips. like, almost like...tiny electric shocks? i have no idea. it was not very pleasant. i put the stem on, tingly feeling was a little better, still there though.

i dunno, it's not bad enough that i think the launch box isn't good, i'd just like to know if anyone else has this? or knows what causes this?
I had this also, and I think I know what it is. Last night, I was walking around with friends from about midnight until 5am. I was hitting the MFLB every few minutes for about 3 hours of that time. It was only 2 mostly-full trenches though, it lasted a while. Anyway, at the end I was trying it out without the stem, and after repeated big hits, I started to have a numbing feeling on my lips and tongue. I am almost positive that that's just from keeping your mouth on the wooden box. I tasted menthol, which does in fact numb the part of your mouth that touched it. If you start off with the stem, and use the stem the whole time, you won't get this electric-shock feeling anymore. The only thing you'll get is if you keep the tube too close to your lip (and not between your lips), your lip can get really hot from the hot vapor.

Question of my own:

I just got my MFLB 2 days ago, and it's been great so far. But I don't think I have my weed ground to a fine enough consistency. I used the 4-piece aluminum grinder that came free with it from puffitup.com, but it's not great. It ground it to a pretty fine consistency, pieces that you probably couldn't grip with both your hands (4 fingers). Small, but no where near powder. I shake after every (~15-20 second) hit, but it seems that it's vaping inconsistency, there is usually still some green when the very dark brown starts.

Can someone please post a (sharp) picture of the consistency the weed should be for the MFLB? Maybe a picture of the weed in your grinder or on a table, and/or a picture of the herb in the MFLB itself.

Also, I think I burned a tiny bit of weed on the bottom of the screen. There is a small dark brown circle at the bottom of the trench, I don't know why it combusted. Maybe I'm vaping for too long? By the way, is the bottom of the trench light brown when you get it? Or did I do that??

Anyway, as long as you make sure not to actually combust, are there any problems with vaping a single trench until it's almost all dark brown? Not for the sake of my lungs, but will it damage the MFLB at all? Because puffitup didn't ship it with an ABV container, and I don't have a small container like that laying around. So I don't want to just throw out a light brown and a little green bowl, so I continue to vape. It doesn't taste that bad, and I make sure to brush out the small amounts of black ash after every hit.

heartvapor,

Qbit

cannabanana
heartvapor said:
Question of my own:

I just got my MFLB 2 days ago, and it's been great so far. But I don't think I have my weed ground to a fine enough consistency. I used the 4-piece aluminum grinder that came free with it from puffitup.com, but it's not great. It ground it to a pretty fine consistency, pieces that you probably couldn't grip with both your hands (4 fingers). Small, but no where near powder. I shake after every (~15-20 second) hit, but it seems that it's vaping inconsistency, there is usually still some green when the very dark brown starts.
If your weed is going through the screens of a 4-piece it should be quite fine enough. Of course you haven't said that the weed passed through the screens at all, in which case I'm suspecting that you haven't dried your weed properly. Just put it on your TV or other warm appliance for a couple of hours. You don't even have to take it out of the grinder - just warm the whole thing and then re-grind later.

Also, I think I burned a tiny bit of weed on the bottom of the screen. There is a small dark brown circle at the bottom of the trench, I don't know why it combusted. Maybe I'm vaping for too long? By the way, is the bottom of the trench light brown when you get it? Or did I do that??
Don't worry, it's all normal, and you haven't damaged your LB.

Anyway, as long as you make sure not to actually combust, are there any problems with vaping a single trench until it's almost all dark brown? Not for the sake of my lungs, but will it damage the MFLB at all?
No, it'll be fine - it's all been done before.

Because puffitup didn't ship it with an ABV container, and I don't have a small container like that laying around. So I don't want to just throw out a light brown and a little green bowl, so I continue to vape. It doesn't taste that bad, and I make sure to brush out the small amounts of black ash after every hit.
Find yourself a suitable container - it can't be that hard. And if you're actually getting ash then you've gone way overboard. But I doubt it's really ash you've got there.

Qbit,

heartvapor

Qbit said:
If your weed is going through the screens of a 4-piece it should be quite fine enough. Of course you haven't said that the weed passed through the screens at all, in which case I'm suspecting that you haven't dried your weed properly.
Through the screens? I have no idea what you're talking about.... the only thing that's supposed to go through the screen is crystals (kief), the weed stays in the chamber above the screen.

This is the grinder it came with, a standard 4-piece grinder. http://www.puffitup.com/v/vspfiles/photos/PuffItUpGrinder-2.jpg

It's just not grinding that finely, just to about joint-rolling consistency (tiny pieces, but still actual pieces, not crumbs)

heartvapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^
The grind should work fine. After a few hits, the herb will have dried out quite a bit. Dump the herb out and crumble it some so that it gets finer and put it back into your LB for the rest of your session.

momofthegoons,

axakal

hey guys, assumed the eneloop are the best rechargebles for the magic-flight box, which should i buy 2500 or 2700 mha? thanks.

axakal,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I'm curious about battery life. Not per use, but rather whole life of the battery. This question is probably better suited to people who have had their MFLB for a couple months. I've had my MFLB just over 3 months now myself. I have 4 Eneloop batteries, and I also got 8 of these:

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

So, I have 12 batteries. No, I don't really need 12, but I want to be prepared for the worst. :lol:

I haven't even used 4 of the Ansmann batteries at all yet. They are stored, and on stand-by. :)

My question is this:

How long should a person expect these batteries to last, being used, and re-charged on a daily basis? I haven't been able to keep track of the actual amount of times I have charged the batteries, so it's hard to tell if they are losing life. The only charger I use is the Sanyo charger I originally got with the Launch Box.

Vicki,

Peterrr

Peterrr said:
Hello everyone, been a lurker for awhile and now I am finally going to buy this little guy tomorrow off vapeworld and I just got a couple questions for you guys (and gals).

I got 4 energizer 2500mAh rechargeable batteries, will these work okay with the device? what type of performance am I looking at compared to the ones that come with the LB?

Also, how long would shipping take from vapeworld to canada?

Thanks you're all the best
Anybody? :)

Peterrr,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
@ Peterr - The batteries need to be NIMH rechargeable and not LION. I did have some NIMH energizers that came with my 15 minute charger but.... They didn't perform nearly as well.

@ Vicki - The batteries I got with my first box I'm guessing last fall were starting to lose performance this spring. I ordered the new batteries they've got now and man what a difference. While they are way loose in my LB they perform SO much better. I'm not sure when the performance will decline but all of the rechargeables only handle so many chargings.

Lo,

GreenLeaf

heartvapor said:
amusingduck said:
...so i load it up, no stem, start hittin it, and i feel like this...tingly sensation on my lips. like, almost like...tiny electric shocks? i have no idea. it was not very pleasant. i put the stem on, tingly feeling was a little better, still there though.

i dunno, it's not bad enough that i think the launch box isn't good, i'd just like to know if anyone else has this? or knows what causes this?
I had this also, and I think I know what it is. Last night, I was walking around with friends from about midnight until 5am. I was hitting the MFLB every few minutes for about 3 hours of that time. It was only 2 mostly-full trenches though, it lasted a while. Anyway, at the end I was trying it out without the stem, and after repeated big hits, I started to have a numbing feeling on my lips and tongue. I am almost positive that that's just from keeping your mouth on the wooden box. I tasted menthol, which does in fact numb the part of your mouth that touched it. If you start off with the stem, and use the stem the whole time, you won't get this electric-shock feeling anymore. The only thing you'll get is if you keep the tube too close to your lip (and not between your lips), your lip can get really hot from the hot vapor.

Question of my own:

Can someone please post a (sharp) picture of the consistency the weed should be for the MFLB? Maybe a picture of the weed in your grinder or on a table, and/or a picture of the herb in the MFLB itself.

Anyway, as long as you make sure not to actually combust, are there any problems with vaping a single trench until it's almost all dark brown? Not for the sake of my lungs, but will it damage the MFLB at all? Because puffitup didn't ship it with an ABV container, and I don't have a small container like that laying around. So I don't want to just throw out a light brown and a little green bowl, so I continue to vape. It doesn't taste that bad, and I make sure to brush out the small amounts of black ash after every hit.
I read on this thread about how the 4 piece aluminum grinder does not grind bud very well for the MFLB.

I grind until it's almost a powder and until I get some crumbs but not large pieces of plant material like you'd put in a j. Like momofthegoons wrote make sure your plant material is cured/dried correctly.

There is nothing wrong with vaping a single tiny trench until it's dark brown. You're doing it correctly.

As for the duff/ABV container just use a film canister, a small container for candy, or whatever you want.

Peterrr-Earlier in this thread people wrote about the brands/types/models of rechargable batteries that work and ones that do not.

If you've ordered from vapeworld there should be a tracking # and an estimated delivery. If you're really concerned just contact Vapeworld and ask them directly.

GreenLeaf,

Peterrr

Lo said:
@ Peterr - The batteries need to be NIMH rechargeable and not LION. I did have some NIMH energizers that came with my 15 minute charger but.... They didn't perform nearly as well.

@ Vicki - The batteries I got with my first box I'm guessing last fall were starting to lose performance this spring. I ordered the new batteries they've got now and man what a difference. While they are way loose in my LB they perform SO much better. I'm not sure when the performance will decline but all of the rechargeables only handle so many chargings.
So the batteries I bought wont work? :| ah that sucks

This is the store I have to get my batteries from and they have the following
http://www.thesource.ca/estore/cate...catalog=Online&category=Rechargable+Batteries

What would you suggest is the best out of this selectoin..

Peterrr,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Peterrr, I purchased the Energizer batteries and haven't had a problem with them. However, I would recommend just buying the batteries that come with the LB. With the fc discount you get from Vapeworld, you can buy an extra two batteries and still be under the list price. Then, you know you have the correct batteries from the get go.

momofthegoons,

Flyer

It is just so easy to get them from magicflight or Blissville or? they work they are affordable they are the company. cool folks too

Flyer,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Lo said:
Ok, thanks so much! That gives me some kind of time frame. :)

Vicki,
Top Bottom