MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
IAmKrazy2 said:
Needing/using glass and water with the LB just blows my mind, i know they all run slightly different in heat, but i know I would never need water for mine. A VERY light vape already. Looking forward to these car adapters whenever available.

MagicFlight, will I be able to purchase only the car adaptor? With my vape selection i just dont see myself ever using this at home. My PD is just always running and read.
My feeling is, cool water makes all vapor better. I don't like feeling warm dry air on my throat. I can do it, I just don't prefer it. The same with tubing. If I can put some tubing in between me and the vapor's origination it really makes it less irritating to my throat. Admittedly I have had throat issues since I was a child.

MoeOnTheMoon,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
chloe said:
is the 12 minute mark a limitation on the power module or the box? If it is the power module, then how long can the box be left on with the assumption that I have unlimited batteries.
Power module has the limit. With unlimited batteries on the Box -- the Box eventually gets warm, which can change the taste. Cool off period is about 2 minutes.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Geofresh said:
So the plexiglass on my unity literally snapped off. I had the plexiglass to the side as I was loading a trench and I dropped my LB.... Magic Flight, what should I do about a cover now.
Hi -- for a new cover, please contact us privately with your postal address.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
HighSti said:
Magic fight, how many launch boxes have you sold since they came out?
Its actually difficult to say exactly. For one thing, we send warranty replacements for previously purchased units. For another, serial numbers are allocated early in the build process, and we reject units for a number of reasons (parts get recycled). Then there are differences of retail vs wholesale -- and whether the wholesale units are actually "sold" as yet.

Overall -- the best answer I am permitted to give is that we have sold enough to stay in business, and that our 'flight trajectory' is so far going according to the general plan. People are happy, so we count it as a success!

magicflight,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
magicflight said:
HighSti said:
Magic fight, how many launch boxes have you sold since they came out?
Its actually difficult to say exactly. For one thing, we send warranty replacements for previously purchased units. For another, serial numbers are allocated early in the build process, and we reject units for a number of reasons (parts get recycled). Then there are differences of retail vs wholesale -- and whether the wholesale units are actually "sold" as yet.

Overall -- the best answer I am permitted to give is that we have sold enough to stay in business, and that our 'flight trajectory' is so far going according to the general plan. People are happy, so we count it as a success!
yeah it's a great product and I hope it continues to do well. My friend and I recently bought our launch boxes and today we got super vaked with our little buddies. We then wondered how many people actually have this great device so (being super vaked), I got on the forums to ask. I now realize that giving me a good estimate would be a bit difficult and probably something that you aren't really
allowed to share. It's all good though.

Tomorrow I will be going snowboarding and using my launch box on the lift. So excited. :D

HighSti,

vape4health

HighSti said:
Tomorrow I will be going snowboarding and using my launch box on the lift. So excited. :D
Keep your batterys warm , or at least not cold . I let some get cold in the car and they wouldn't work .

vape4health,

ClemsonVapor489

vape4health- Certainly no battery expert, but that doesn't make sense to me. We used to get extra mileage out of batteries by putting them in the fridge...can't imagine that being cold causes them to go dead.

ClemsonVapor489,

vape4health

I had some that was charged then after about 4-5 hours in the car at like 20-25F I couldnt get one of them 6 fuckers to work , maybe it wasn't the cold then , ? After a charge they work just like new .

vape4health,

lwien

magicflight said:
And congratulations, MF. Your product has definitively carved out a nice space in the vape market and from everything that I have read here and at other sites, is gaining momentum. Nice work.

lwien,

potbelly

Hi all, long time lurker here but have been vaping for about 3 years. i purchased the mflb last week from vapeworld took 2 days to recieve, fast shipping with all accessories. anywho wanted to chime in to say thank you, thank you, thank you to MAGIC-FLIGHT for a phenomenal product. if i wanted to puff during the day at work mostly i would have to go to the parking lot and sneak with my look-a-like ciggarette one-hitter mainly because i don't smoke in my car. always felt paranoid about being watched on camera or someone walking by smelling the 1-3 hits of smoke. Now i can sit in my car with no problems or even in the bathroom stall when i get ballsy enough to try.

i have my measuring method down to a science since i use a PD at home. i will suck up 1-2 PD sticks of material than dump that into the trench of the LB. I usually get right where i need to be with 2 sticks from my pd and was pleasantly surprised that i got the same results with the same amount in the LB, although i think i had slightly darker specks in LB.

I also use the buzzbutter that came with my pd on the LB to keep the wood looking nice. buzzbutter is basically like shea-butter.

also wanted to possibly suggest a mod to the battery. i am a engineer by trade so i love tinkering. i was thinking of maybe using some sort of slide switch mechanism to activate the battery so you can leave the battery inside. leaving the wrapper on the battery and connecting a small wire or removable battery terminal harness to the negative end of the battery and the other to a tiny slide switch which will then make contact with the copper ring on LB once slide to the left thus completing the circuit. i thought of this due to the fact my stealthy-ness has not figured how to operate the LB one handed, i have been holding the box in left hand then pushing the batt in with my right. i will draw a sketch of what i am trying to explain and then edit the post to help visually.

just have to say again thanks MAGIC-FLIGHT.

LBslideswitch.jpg

potbelly,

in_rainbows

vape4health said:
I had some that was charged then after about 4-5 hours in the car at like 20-25F I couldnt get one of them 6 fuckers to work , maybe it wasn't the cold then , ? After a charge they work just like new .
No it's true, cold reduces the output of batteries. I'm a photographer and I snowboard with two battery packs for my DSLR and 8 double A's for my flashes. What I usually do is get some of those Hot Hands hand warmers and I put one next to the battery compartment on my camera, one or two in the compartment where the 8 double A's are and I usually keep the second camera battery pack inside my coat pocket. Keep them close to your body heat and they should do fine.

in_rainbows,

ClemsonVapor489

Interesting...so does that mean that putting batteries in the fridge is bullshit?

*goes to research such nonsesne*

ClemsonVapor489,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
I always thought you had too let your batteries warm back up if you stored them in the fridge because they wont work well. I think cold helps with storage. But interferes with operation.
Think about how if you want a little extra juice out of a battery you can do this by leaving it for a while in the sun (although I doubt that would work with a LB battery)

DevoTheStrange,

vape4health

? I never heard anything about storing in the fridge . I could see how being too cold would make the chemical reaction slow down but warmed back up maybe they would have worked , I didnt try them cold batteries after they warmed back up , was in a hurry so we just rolled one up .

I keep a pack of papers in all my portable kits . :2c:

vape4health,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Interesting about the cold batteries... I too have always heard about storing batteries in the fridge, and just assumed it was true and that they would work cold. Never tried it myself. Maybe what someone said is true: it stores them longer but then they have to warm up to work...? Someone should do an experiment with this and give us the answer as it pertains to NiMH batteries used for the LB.

MoeOnTheMoon,

in_rainbows

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Interesting about the cold batteries... I too have always heard about storing batteries in the fridge, and just assumed it was true and that they would work cold. Never tried it myself. Maybe what someone said is true: it stores them longer but then they have to warm up to work...? Someone should do an experiment with this and give us the answer as it pertains to NiMH batteries used for the LB.
Yeah, the idea is that cold actually reduces the batteries output, it doesn't kill it outright so I guess in theory if you put it in the fridge and it warmed up it would work fine.

in_rainbows,

sundaddy

Yeah, if you've ever watched Survivor Man, he's constantly having problems with the cold weather effecting his batteries that he uses in his video cameras.

sundaddy,
G

not really...i noticed him having problems with dampness on his cameras.
sundaddy said:
Yeah, if you've ever watched Survivor Man, he's constantly having problems with the cold weather effecting his batteries that he uses in his video cameras.

Guest,

sundaddy

Caterpotter said:
what are the pros and cons of using a magicflight?
Just get one, you'll wish you would have a long time ago. Get an energizer 15 min. charger with Nimh batteries, and you won't experience any "cons"

sundaddy,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
all this talk about power in batteries made me think the thought "Dont take your LB ghost hunting, ghosts might drain your battery" ;) :lol:

DevoTheStrange,
G

i wouldn't mind trying one of these. they seem pretty simple.
right now i'm using a VG. with a PD on the way...some day!!

Guest,

Geofresh

Great...so on page 60 I mentioned how my plexiglass cover broke. Yesterday while bending back the metal hook that the plexiglass swivels on the wood on the back of my unit cracked and split the wood. I didn't feel like I was applying any unnecessary force what so ever.
:(

Magicflight, is this covered in the warranty or am I boned?

Geofresh,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Geo... You should email them directly. They do peek in here but for a problem like yours I would def. email them for sure!! Good luck, they've been handling folks problems very well!!

Lo,
Top Bottom